Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Calling The Humanist Bluff. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Calling The Humanist Bluff. (16635 Views)

Humanist: Which Of These Will You Entrust Your Girl Child To? / Atheist, Agnostic And Humanist Memes Reloaded... / Great Humanist Quotes That Deserves To Be Mulled Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
jayriginal:

I did read the entire post and I've heard many others ask the same question. Your question was answered by others on the thread, but as you never responded to them, I have no way of knowing if their answers were satisfactory to you.

Also, I've noticed you dont ask the question anymore.

So my question is, did you find the answer and if you did, what is it ?

I get tired of the blaise and lazy way you folks ask "questions" without making any effort to study up first. Read that post you quoted again... i wasnt asking those questions seeking an answer, they were RHETORICAL questions meant to provoke some debate on the illogicality of the evolution theory.
Why do you expect me to keep asking it?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Enigma(m): 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ihedinobi: . . . Christianity is "knowing [the] true God and Jesus Christ Whom He sent". Did you have that? You never did. That's why you keep saying these silly things about Him.

"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"

Edit: thread is rather hot and posts flying! Anyway, this post is in relation to Ihedinobi's last post. smiley
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

Lets be frank here. Do you really believe yourself when you say you are living a better and happier life without Jesus?

Why then are you here expending way too much energy on this same Jesus whom you say isnt so important in your life?

Lol.....Jesus cheated me angry angry angry angry

22 years of my life, I paid offerings to the catholic church and wasted hundreds of sundays going to church while I could have watched football angry angry angry

I have to bash him and his church to get back my pound of flesh.

On a serious note, I am here on Nairaland on a mission- to let people know the truth about religion. Extra bonus if they become skeptic christians, super bonus if the become agnostics and mega bonus if the become atheists.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
E_monkey:
Wow. . . . .
And you were an atheist before?
Yes I was..........and God saved me.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyrexx:

if i may exchange normal conversation with you without the need to throw insult at each other,

Sango does not promise any love and so we wont be surprised if he shows no love.
but Jesus promised a lot of things that if they were to be true, you wont need to try to prove his existence. Everybody including Muslims and atheists will see. You can just pray to him to deal with us and prove his existence. I know if you do, nothing will happen to us and smart christians will make excuse for his in-action/non-existence. As a result of our religious up-bringing, we are supposed to force ourselves to believe that he is real and never entertain any doubt of his existence.

God's purpose is not to use magical tricks to prove Himself to those who have made up their minds NEVER to believe anyway. Jesus is as real to those who seek Him with ALL SINCERITY not those who only seek Him for money, fame and recognition. I doubt you've ever read the bible before... if you had you might have realized that God Himself said in the book of James that we ask and recieve not because we do so... not out of His will but of our own selfish desires. What would be the purpose of praying to God to deal with you?

cyrexx:
Besides, the way you strongly believe Sango is false god is exactly the way non-chrisitians believe Jesus is a false god. no way to test and prove anyone right or wrong.

I agree with you... but isnt it strange that you park yourself DAILY and for HOURS at a stretch on threads solely discussing this same christian God you despise and claim exists only in our imagination? I cant imagine spending a fraction of an hour talking about the validity of Sango's existence.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

I get tired of the blaise and lazy way you folks ask "questions" without making any effort to study up first. Read that post you quoted again... i wasnt asking those questions seeking an answer, they were RHETORICAL questions meant to provoke some debate on the illogicality of the evolution theory.
Why do you expect me to keep asking it?

So you still think its a good question to ask why apes havent evolved to humans (even if "rhetorically" )?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Enigma(m): 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan: . . .I agree with you... but isnt it strange that you park yourself DAILY and for HOURS at a stretch on threads solely discussing this same christian God you despise and claim exists only in our imagination? I cant imagine spending a fraction of an hour talking about the validity of Sango's existence.

^^^

They hate the light but they can't escape it.

smiley

Edit: message to hands --- 'must type faster'; caught again by flying posts!
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Lol.....Jesus cheated me angry angry angry angry

22 years of my life, I paid offerings to the catholic church and wasted hundreds of sundays going to church while I could have watched football angry angry angry

I have to bash him and his church to get back my pound of flesh.

On a serious note, I am here on Nairaland on a mission- to let people know the truth about religion. Extra bonus if they become skeptic christians, super bonus if the become agnostics and mega bonus if the become atheists.

Really? I only see you breathlessly attacking the christian God. Why do you hate Jesus so much? Could it be because somewhere deep down your soul convicts you of His presence in around you and you're just so desperate to find an excuse to disavow Him? Bro give up and just let Him take control and see the difference.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
jayriginal:

So you still think its a good question to ask why apes havent evolved to humans (even if "rhetorically" )?

why not? Can you answer the question? go right ahead.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyrexx:

no you are wrong.

santa claus does not bother me. im not raised to believe santa claus is real or else i suffer eternal torment in hell. i do not care about such god because he is non-existent. i only care about religion because religion is existent. a former drug addict working to help other drug addict is not the same thing as working into frenzy over nothing

And im not working myself into frenzy.( you got a lot nerve to accuse me of such, when you know that im not doing less than what you are doing here too)

Well, there was a drug to be addicted to in the first place.

I might as well tell you, that if anyone catches the Jesus addiction, they're incurable... smiley So, you might as well save your energies and be content with your life without Him.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

why not? Can you answer the question? go right ahead.

I'm just "researching" remember ? wink

Its just that I've seen you argue against evolution and that question doesnt come up anymore. I wondered if you had found a satisfactory answer to it which made you drop it.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Well, there was a drug to be addicted to in the first place.

I might as well tell you, that if anyone catches the Jesus addiction, they're incurable... smiley So, you might as well save your energies and be content with your life without Him.

fair enough,

to reply you with Mr Anony-style:

Well, there was a drug to be addicted to in the first place, which is religion and NOT god.

I might as well tell you, that if anyone catches the religion addiction, they're almost incurable, BUT STILL curable... smiley So, you might as well save your energies and be content with your life religion if your case is incurable while i continue my humanitarian mission of exposing religion for what it truly is.

cheers and best wishes.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Yes I was..........and God saved me.

Out of curiousity, what was your sequence

a) Christian----->Atheist----->Christian
b) Atheist------->Christian
c) Other (please specify)
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
jayriginal:

I'm just "researching" remember ? wink

Its just that I've seen you argue against evolution and that question doesnt come up anymore. I wondered if you had found a satisfactory answer to it which made you drop it.

I dont bother asking it because none of you has been able to give a satisfactory answer in 6 yrs of asking it. Can you?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyrexx:

fair enough,

to reply you Mr Anony-style:

Well, there was a drug to be addicted to in the first place, which is religion and NOT god.

I might as well tell you, that if anyone catches the religion addiction, they're almost incurable, BUT STILL curable... smiley So, you might as well save your energies and be content with your life religion if your case is incurable while i continue my humanitarian mission of exposing religion for what it truly is.

cheers and best wishes.

hmmm i'm glad you pointed out that you were involved in religion NOT God. Both are not the same.

Secondly, do you truly believe that all you're here for is a "humanitarian" mission to expose religion (lets just be honest and say christianity)? Really? why the particular focus on the christian God? Are you on shinto threads exposing them too? What part of your time do you spend "exposing" hinduism, islam, scientology?

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyrexx:

fair enough, reply you Mr Anony-style

cheers and best wishes.
Lol, I think i have gotten a bad reputation on this site cheesy

Dude, you fight against religion, I fight against religion too. All I ask is that you come to know Christ, not by compulsion or by arm-twisting but sincerely seek Him, You will know the truth and no one will be able to steal it from you or convert you to any religion in it's many forms.

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

I dont bother asking it because none of you has been able to give a satisfactory answer in 6 yrs of asking it. Can you?

Maybe, maybe not.

One can always give an "answer". For it to be "satisfactory" is another thing.

Edited.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MrAnony1(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
jayriginal:

Out of curiousity, what was your sequence

a) Christian----->Atheist----->Christian
b) Atheist------->Christian
c) Other (please specify)

church-goer -----> agnostic ------> meddling with New age -------->to atheist ------> toying with Satanism ------>and finally Christ saved me.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
jayriginal:

Maybe, maybe not.

One can always give an answer. For it to be satisfactory is another thing.

Satisfaction shouldnt be the end result... as long as it makes logical sense. I find it hard to take atheists seriously when they bawl about how unreasonable religion is... only to spend their time desperately using mental gymnastics to defend insanely illogical viewpoints.

Let me ask for the 3rd time, are you going to answer the question? You all seem to spend your time evading giving simple answers to a lot of problems arising from evolution.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
@cyrexx, here's my answer to that

Mr_Anony:
Dude, you fight against religion, I fight against religion too. All I ask is that you come to know Christ, not by compulsion or by arm-twisting but sincerely seek Him, You will know the truth and no one will be able to steal it from you or convert you to any religion in it's many forms.

Davidylan's response is good too.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

Satisfaction shouldnt be the end result... as long as it makes logical sense. I find it hard to take atheists seriously when they bawl about how unreasonable religion is... only to spend their time desperately using mental gymnastics to defend insanely illogical viewpoints.

Let me ask for the 3rd time, are you going to answer the question? You all seem to spend your time evading giving simple answers to a lot of problems arising from evolution.

You are too hasty.

I am not an "evolutionist". I do hold however that it makes more sense to investigate evolution than creation. The reason is because the theory is not shy about being taken apart and examined.

So for creationists, "god did it" is an answer. Apparently its not satisfactory to others.

Since you speak about an answer making logical sense, I would like to see your response to the following.

KAG:
Why should we see an ape (ape in the colloquial non scientific usage) change to a human?It seems you are under the impression the evolving to humans is an evolutionary goal, well that's not the case.

nferyn: Hi davidylan,
Humans did not evolve from living apes. Apes and humans have a common ancestor. Both evolved in different directions from that point onward.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by jayriginal: 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:

church-goer to agnostic to meddling with new age to atheist to toying with satanism .......and eventually to Christ.

Ah, ok. Cool.

Thanks for answering.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
jayriginal:

You are too hasty.

I am not an "evolutionist". I do hold however that it makes more sense to investigate evolution than creation. The reason is because the theory is not shy about being taken apart and examined.

So for creationists, "god did it" is an answer. Apparently its not satisfactory to others.

Since you speak about an answer making logical sense, I would like to see your response to the following.

If your only reason for supporting the evolutionary theory is that it is not shy about being taken apart and examined then i put it to you that you are on very tenuous ground and that at the end of a very rigorous scrutiny, evolution ends up being the opposite side of the same coin... religion being the other side. The only difference between you and I then is that while i exercise faith in Jesus, you would prefer to exercise blind faith in a scientific theory that is no where near being proven as true.

"God did it" may not be a satisfactory answer to you but is "random chance" a more logical alternative?

My response to the two questions is very simple - the same evasive illogic that atheists desperately use to plug the gaping holes in their favorite theory.
KAG's point for example... if indeed evolution from apes to humans was not the purpose and random chance is why we are what we are then why dont we see semi-humans with only one set of lungs? why really do we need two when medicine has proven without a doubt that we are capable of adapting just as fine with only one? Why do we not have half-apes and half-humans? would they not be capable of adapting just as fine as gorillas in the wild for example?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by rhymz(m): 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr Anony you will do well for your own argument, if you toned down a bit on the claims of a Jesus that died for humanity to be redeemed from some "in-built sin". The question you fail to ask is if he ever existed in the first place.
The fact that there exist no one or record with the slightest physical evidence of Jesus leaves a lot of holes in the claims of his existence; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, not even self-written manuscripts.
Was he illiterate that he could not write any manuscript even though he was known for his extensive religious teachings. You should be curious why somebody with such esoteric knowledge did not write any manuscript on his teachings rather he left it to the interpretation of unknown authors and writers, does it even make any sense?
All claims about Jesus derive from writings of other people, True or False? Till date there is no contemporary Roman record that shows that Pontius Pilate executed a man named Jesus.
All the documents about Jesus came much later after his alleged death from either: unknown authors, people who had never met Jesus -Paul comes to mind- or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings.
One can't even put a face to the name of Jesus without falling into the temptation of wanting to promote their own race.
And you write in boastful arrogance about a Jesus that died for everyone even before they were born? Seriously, you need to stop smoking that holy $h!t and put on your thinking cap.

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:

church-goer -----> agnostic ------> meddling with New age -------->to atheist ------> toying with Satanism ------>and finally Christ saved me.

Meeen, your testimony will be quite interesting. i hope to hear the full story one day, sha.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
rhymz: Mr Anony you will do well for your own argument, if you toned down a bit on the claims of a Jesus that died for humanity to be redeemed from some "in-built sin". The question you fail to ask is if he ever existed in the first place.
The fact that there exist no one or record with the slightest physical evidence of Jesus leaves a lot of holes in the claims of his existence; no artifacts, dwelling, works of carpentry, not even self-written manuscripts.
Was he illiterate that he could not write any manuscript even though he was known for his extensive religious teachings. You should be curious why somebody with such esoteric knowledge did not write any manuscript on his teachings rather he left it to the interpretation of unknown authors and writers, does it even make any sense?
All claims about Jesus derive from writings of other people, True or False? Till date there is no contemporary Roman record that shows that Pontius Pilate executed a man named Jesus.
All the documents about Jesus came much later after his alleged death from either: unknown authors, people who had never met Jesus -Paul comes to mind- or from fraudulent, mythical or allegorical writings.
One can't even put a face to the name of Jesus without falling into the temptation of wanting to promote their own race.
And you write in boastful arrogance about a Jesus that died for everyone even before they were born? Seriously, you need to stop smoking that holy $h!t and put on your thinking cap.

do you expend that much energy on every person you think didnt exist?

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by MacDaddy01: 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
davidylan:

If your only reason for supporting the evolutionary theory is that it is not shy about being taken apart and examined then i put it to you that you are on very tenuous ground and that at the end of a very rigorous scrutiny, evolution ends up being the opposite side of the same coin... religion being the other side. The only difference between you and I then is that while i exercise faith in Jesus, you would prefer to exercise blind faith in a scientific theory that is no where near being proven as true.

"God did it" may not be a satisfactory answer to you but is "random chance" a more logical alternative?

My response to the two questions is very simple - the same evasive illogic that atheists desperately use to plug the gaping holes in their favorite theory.
KAG's point for example... if indeed evolution from apes to humans was not the purpose and random chance is why we are what we are then why dont we see semi-humans with only one set of lungs? why really do we need two when medicine has proven without a doubt that we are capable of adapting just as fine with only one? Why do we not have half-apes and half-humans? would they not be capable of adapting just as fine as gorillas in the wild for example?

You are not a real biologist.

Havent you heard of speciation? Our common ancestors with monkeys got split into different species. We have different monkeys in the same hominid family as us humans. So to say that humans are some kind of ultimate evolutionary species is wrong. Other species evolved.

Now to the question of one lung or two lungs, who who knows if such symmetry gives the body a better circulatory than one?

Whatever it is, we should not use mysteries to prove or disprove things. The problem is that you as a christian can not avoid such fallacies. You use mysteries to try to prove God (eg origin of the universe, miracles, where we go after death etc). You also use mysteries to try and disprove evolution-

" evolution can not tell us where the first single celled animal came from, therefore it is false"

"Evolution can not fully explain lifespan, therefore it is false"
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
rhymz: Mr Anony you will do well for your own argument, if you toned down a bit on the claims of a Jesus that died for humanity to be redeemed from some "in-built sin". The question you fail to ask is if he ever existed in the first place.

O man, thou art inexcusable.......! grin

Seriously though, is it not what is thought of Him that's causing so much confusion today? Imagine that Jesus did as you said and left something, some tangible thing, we would be worshipping that thing right now and killing one another over which artifact is more worthy of worship than which.

Dude, it doesn't matter which tack you take, you'll still find that you have no cogent reason for refusing to believe in Jesus Christ!

1 Like

Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by cyrexx: 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

O man, thou art inexcusable.......! grin

Seriously though, is it not what is thought of Him that's causing so much confusion today? Imagine that Jesus did as you said and left something, some tangible thing, we would be worshipping that thing right now and killing one another over which artifact is more worthy of worship than which.

Dude, it doesn't matter which tack you take, you'll still find that you have no cogent reason for refusing to believe in Jesus Christ!

yet another excuse to justify the inactivity/non-existence of the Godman Jesus Christ.

its like you know better than him how to convince non-believers of his existence.

why not continue enjoying your religious life and let Jesus convince us that he is real. why are you working yourself to frenzy over this your Jesus who fails to demonstrate his existence.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Havent you heard of speciation? Our common ancestors with monkeys got split into different species. We have different monkeys in the same hominid family as us humans. So to say that humans are some kind of ultimate evolutionary species is wrong. Other species evolved.

Now to the question of one lung or two lungs, who who knows if such symmetry gives the body a better circulatory than one?

Whatever it is, we should not use mysteries to prove or disprove things. The problem is that you as a christian can not avoid such fallacies. You use mysteries to try to prove God (eg origin of the universe, miracles, where we go after death etc). You also use mysteries to try and disprove evolution-

" evolution can not tell us where the first single celled animal came from, therefore it is false"

It's not worth it trying to dissect your comment, but you see that bolded statement? Now, that's a true example of a FAIL. I believe his words were

davidylan:
Why really do we need two when medicine has proven without a doubt that we are capable of adapting just as fine with only one?
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
MacDaddy01:

your post is an incoheret bluster. See the above in highlights. It is NOT true. folks with only one lung do just fine.

Edit: Oh i didnt even notice Ihedinobi had answered you perfectly.
Re: Calling The Humanist Bluff. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
cyrexx:

yet another excuse to justify the inactivity/non-existence of the Godman Jesus Christ.

its like you know better than him how to convince non-believers of his existence.

why not continue enjoying your religious life and let Jesus convince us that he is real. why are you working yourself to frenzy over this your Jesus who fails to demonstrate his existence.

But why? Why this obsessive interest in having Christ convince you of His existence? Cant you just go on and live life without Him? Why are you camped here day in day out? Dont you get tired spending that much time on a pixie-in-the-sky?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church / Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? / 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.