Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? (7887 Views)

Beautiful Igbo Women / Are SS & Igbo Women More Beautiful Than Yoruba Women? / Nigerian Women, The Most Beautiful In Africa?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 21, 2007
Do you  know that Igbo women are more likely than other Nigerian women to marry outside of their tribe and country.
The number of Igbo women married especially to Yoruba men would astound you.
What is it about Yoruba men and Igbo women?
A number of my friends and family are married to Yoruba men.
What is the chemistry?
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 21, 2007
so what do y'all think?
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Freewilly(f): 2:28am On Dec 21, 2007
Don't want to start any wahala, but what man won't want to marry an igbo girl for crying out loud. But I'm sure Yoruba and Hausa girls have their special features too.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by steaming(f): 10:15am On Dec 21, 2007
I really didn't know it's this much like you said. I am Igbo seriously dating a Yoruba and try as much as i can to quit the relationship on the basis of our tribes, he wouldnt bulge. I must be truthful though he is very loving and caring, carries me like an egg. I dont know of its just jim or yoruba men are generally like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by niceuzor: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2007
*Clear Throat* cheesy
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by ogomma: 1:49pm On Dec 21, 2007
wel my friend is nt a bad thing 2 marry a yoruba man or friend them bt 4 me i am in love wit a yourba guy now ok n we ar plaing 2 get marry am nt sure abt dis tribu of a thing k wht i kno is dat we hv 2 luv who soever our life goes on with k 4 me is a right combination d most importantthing is love thanks.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by kerzakov(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2007
i believe this is so becos the yoruba men are seeing the wonderful features in an igbo woman which they can't see in their own women. do you know that 95% of divorced cases in nigeria today are westerners? the igbo woman who is more tolerant will want to uphold her marriage no matter what. secondly, the yoruba man knows the igbo woman has no competitor when it comes to cooking. he can tolerate the food served by his mother but wouldn't dare tolerate the rubbish a yoruba lady will cook. and thirdly, the igbo woman in a marriage is less of a flirt. we know how a yoruba lady can on a regular basis be getting serviced by her neighbour.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Ebaby2: 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2007
kerzakov:

i believe this is so because the yoruba men are seeing the wonderful features in an igbo woman which they can't see in their own women. do you know that 95% of divorced cases in nigeria today are westerners? the igbo woman who is more tolerant will want to uphold her marriage no matter what. secondly, the yoruba man knows the igbo woman has no competitor when it comes to cooking. he can tolerate the food served by his mother but wouldn't dare tolerate the rubbish a yoruba lady will cook. and thirdly, the igbo woman in a marriage is less of a flirt. we know how a yoruba lady can on a regular basis be getting serviced by her neighbour.
LOL look at this idoit, why so much hatred toward the "Yoruba’s".

@topic
Who cares what tribe get marries to each other undecided and babyosis what is the point of this thread, to start another tribalist (hope i spelt it right) war, don't you get tired of it.

Are what are you trying to say that Igbo women are better than Yoruba ladies, is that our men are interested in them

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by 2old4that(m): 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2007
@topic

Maybe its for the beauty. . . ogbanje ones are pretty, u know!  grin   smiley

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2007
am Yoruba and I don't see anything in the Igbo girls which isn't in the Yoruba girls.Nigerian girls are all the same.

also I'd want to point out that the best meal I have taken in long time was by a Yoruba woman.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 22, 2007
E-baby:

LOL look at this idoit, why so much hatred toward the "Yoruba’s".

@topic
[b]Who cares what tribe get marries to each other undecided and babyosis what is the point of this thread, to start another tribalist (hope i spelt it right) war, don't you get tired of it.[/b]Are what are you trying to say that Igbo women are better than Yoruba ladies, is that our men are interested in them

Not at all,this is in the romance department dear.
I am Igbo and my first 2 boyfriends Ade and Gbolahan were Yorubas and they were great guys.
(hope they're not on nairaland)
My best friend also married a Yoruba guy.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 22, 2007
steaming:

I really didn't know it's this much like you said. I am Igbo seriously dating a Yoruba and try as much as i can to quit the relationship on the basis of our tribes, he wouldnt bulge. I must be truthful though he is very loving and caring, carries me like an egg. I don't know of its just jim or yoruba men are generally like that.

Comparatively,is he different from the average Igbo man in terms of being caring?

chei,Igbo girls would start flocking to Yoruba men if your answer is yes. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by tpia5: 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2012
op/nwando= babyosisi/babymama

i think she said one gbenga rocked her knickers back in the day.

all her anti-yoruba rants must be from the frustration of not getting the guy.

there's another thread where she was comparing yoruba men's stuff with igbo own, and according to her, yoruba was the winner.

obsessed, obviously.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by tpia5: 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
nwando:

Not at all,this is in the romance department dear.
I am Igbo and my first 2 boyfriends Ade and Gbolahan were Yorubas and they were great guys.
(hope they're not on nairaland)
My best friend also married a Yoruba guy.

ok, it was gbolahan, not gbenga.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by tpia5: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2012
nwando: Do you  know that Igbo women are more likely than other Nigerian women to marry outside of their tribe and country.
The number of Igbo women married especially to Yoruba men would astound you.
What is it about Yoruba men and Igbo women?
A number of my friends and family are married to Yoruba men.
What is the chemistry?

you tell us.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by WAM1(f): 1:13am On Dec 29, 2012
kerzakov: i believe this is so becos the yoruba men are seeing the wonderful features in an igbo woman which they can't see in their own women. do you know that 95% of divorced cases in nigeria today are westerners? the igbo woman who is more tolerant will want to uphold her marriage no matter what. secondly, the yoruba man knows the igbo woman has no competitor when it comes to cooking. he can tolerate the food served by his mother but wouldn't dare tolerate the rubbish a yoruba lady will cook. and thirdly, the igbo woman in a marriage is less of a flirt. we know how a yoruba lady can on a regular basis be getting serviced by her neighbour.

Lol at your comment had to share this with my beautiful Igbo sister. I don't necessarily like this tribal generalizations but if I was to spit out my opinion - I disagree with the above statement. If you came on the premise that the Igbo sisters are lighter and pretty I would some worth agree because I see my Yoruba sisters using them' creams to be like them. But asper tolerant and cooking- abeg forget that one o. A Yoruba chic knows how to do Yoruba' with her husband and especially her in laws while the Igbo chics I know wouldn't even bother to appease them. One of my guy friends who recently got married to my beautiful Igbo sister had to have me talk to her on how to relate with his people. The Igbo chics I know love to be pampered while Yoruba chics wouldn't wait to be pampered- they have the do it myself mentality. So best believe if the man is out of a job she's ten steps ahead on how to support the family before he gets back on his feet. About the cooking- I'm yet to see an Igbo woman who has wowed me- honest opinion.

The Igbo chics I feel would nag less- but I think' are more confrontational. I also think' Igbo chics would make good housewives - working/ hustling is not just their thing. Less drama more fun with an Igbo girl. You probably would tour the world and do more fun stuff- but the tabs on you. I see an Igbo chic as a passenger and a Yoruba chic as a co pilot. So to each one his own.

I understand the Yoruba guys going for the Igbo girls but I just can't understand why the Igbo girls go through with it. Mainly because the Igbo guys pamper their girls more than Yoruba guys. Yoruba guys show tough love and most Yoruba guys at least the ones I know wouldn't do the shopping spree shinanigan' they are a very calculative specie while the Igbo guys wouldn't care after all the containers' are still on their way. This could mean true love still exists abi ? Bare in mind this is my own observation based on the people I have encountered. I love both tribes and I appreciate the beauty therein.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 29, 2012
apocalypse: .

@your signature

No.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 3:48am On Dec 29, 2012
Have you thought of it this way; why do Igbo gals run after or should I say prefer Yoruba guys over theirs ? WHY?

....... it's very rare(1 in 15) to see a Yoruba gal with an Igbo guy don't you think?...... It's always the last resort ( crunch time for Yoruba gals) to settle for Igbo guys.....

hey I'm just being 100% here I like all tribes o grin

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by fkaz(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2012
apocalypse: am Yoruba and I don't see anything in the Igbo girls which isn't in the Yoruba girls.Nigerian girls are all the same.

also I'd want to point out that the best meal I have taken in long time was by a Yoruba woman.
Dat is for you,
For me Igbo girls all the way.
They are caring
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 29, 2012
@steaming: Please breakup with him just on the basis of tribe... that is a perfect reason to breakup with him!
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 29, 2012
@WAM: U got it right! Yoruba guys like me are very calculative and efficiency minded! I don't believe in blowing money stupendous on a girl I am still chasing unlike Igbo boys that prefer using money to do all their talking!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Malawian(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2012
You yoruba men will keep wishing for igbo girls till the day you die. How come no one wishes for your yoruba women? Why una dey fashi una women nah? Who go marry dem? Have u guys finally surrendered them to fulani herdsmen? Chei. Una don suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2012
@Malawian: You utterance shows you don't really meet a lot of people!

The thread was opened by an Igbo lady... She is the one making the conclusion! Who says Yoruba men are crazy about Igbo ladies?...

Yoruba men date, f.uc.k and marry other tribes also(Nigerians & Non-Nigerians)!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Malawian(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2012
teeowl: @Malawian: You utterance shows you don't really meet a lot of people!

The thread was opened by an Igbo lady... She is the one making the conclusion! Who says Yoruba men are crazy about Igbo ladies?...

Yoruba men date, f.uc.k and marry other tribes also(Nigerians & Non-Nigerians)!
your people are daft. She was having you guys for fun.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by samyan12: 10:26am On Dec 29, 2012
I think its actually the ibo women that are chasing and luring the yoruba men into marriage. They know the yorubas are welcoming and tolerant by nature. So an ibo woman who's above 30 will find it hard to hook a fellow ibo man, with all the fresh, young ibo girls in the village and uni for him to choose from. So as not to get stranded, she'll hook a yoruba man. You rarely find a yoruba woman with an ibo man, cos the ibos are tribalistic, and are not tolerant to strangers/other tribes.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Malawian(m): 10:53am On Dec 29, 2012
@samyan12, are you saying yorubamen can only get "quarter to go" igbo women? lipsrsealed
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Charliemorgano(m): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2012
The difference is in decision making...A yoruba guy can love and decide to marry an Igbo lady as long as the love is there....for igbos...the family both nuclear and extended will not see him as a true Igbo son when he declares his intention to marry a yoruba chic.....I like Yoruba chicks alot especially their big waist but i don't contemplate dating and marrying them because of family issues that will linger even after marriage.
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 29, 2012
@Malawian: Talking of daft - Igbo men are the ones that keep getting scammed by women because they believe everything is about money. My last girlfriend is Igbo, while I was busy f.uc.king her for free (I took her on a date only once -> chicken and chips) and she was busy coming to my house for weekend, she was deceiving one Mugu/Maga igbo guy, even collecting gifts from him, collecting his money before he gave up and stopped chasing - IGBO GUYS ACT LIKE MONEY MISS ROAD WITH WOMEN AND SO THEY SCAM THEM A LOT!

And yes I was having my Igbo girlfriend for fun, HOWEVER I WAS NOT SPENDING ANYTHING!!! I NEVER EVER PAID FOR HER TRANSPORT TO MY HOUSE...

I was NOT investing anything in the relationship!!!

Contrast that with the Igbo guy that chased and chased and she took his money without giving him anything... when he got tired he left her alone!

Yoruba women use Igbo men as their Maga/Mugu @ the end of the day (the Igbo Men no go even see their pant), they throw them away and marry Yoruba, Edo or Delta Men!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by samyan12: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2012
Malawian: @samyan12, are you saying yorubamen can only get "quarter to go" igbo women? lipsrsealed
yes! In most cases that's d way it is. Old cargo near expiry ibo women!!
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by tpia5: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
^are you both saying babyosisi aka babymama aka nwando is a quarter to go, old cargo, near expiry woman?

is it because she outed you?

who should we believe now, you or her?
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by tintingz(m): 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2012
Lol grin you wan make i waste my money on bride price?? Ibo gals lack greeting... i like them buh not thinking of marrying one
Re: Yoruba Men And Igbo Women,the Perfect Combination? by donchris369: 11:03pm On Dec 29, 2012
1) The yoruba girls are very dirty that is why igbo boyz are not interested in them, even their yoruba brothers have deserted them for fulanis, so they prefer the igbo girls who are neat and come after them.

2) The yoruba girl does not know how to cook as it is evidenced in how they use oil as soup. So the yoruba boys need to change their taste of soup(Yoruba), to eat real soup, the igbo soup. Our mothers taught us well oooo and we are proud of them.

3) The rate of promiscuity is to high in the yoruba woman, i mean very high, that is why the yoruba boys want to be marrying the igob girls. The rate of divorce in nigeria is 95percent among the yorubas and just 5percent among other tribes. It is because of this promicous nature among the yorubas that made them to start giving their children tribal marks like a tiger scratched mark to make them look ugly and unattractive to reduce it, still it has not reduced the high rate of promicuity in the yoruba land.

4) Igbo women are hardworking ,career oriented and independent also. e.g ngozi iweala, ndi onyiuke okerek, dora akunyili, oby ezeikwezili, to mention but a few. So the yoruba man do not want to miss out on the industrious nature of the igbo woman that is why they run after them in droves and leave their lazy yoruba women for fulanis to ravage and molest them without taking any action.

This is just the few reasons i will give for now why the yoruba man keep on chasing our women and leaving their own for fulanis to ravage them in their own land.

They have started showing their true colour of recent by bathing our igbo girls with acid to kill them, because they feel our igbo girls are too intelligent to handle. I want to use this opportunity to hail all our igbo girls and tell them to be very carefull when the yoruba man comes to sweettalk them before they bath them with acid due to their wickedness and poverty-stricken lives.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relationship between Boys and girls. Is this true? / Memes Ladies Can Relate To / First Experience Of Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.