Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? (2511 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by wirinet(m): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Continue.....
The biblical principle of it is more blessed to give than to receive cannot be twisted to mean that we should compulsorily submit 10% of our paycheck to our pastor or church or face God's wrath. Giving can be in the form of anything; money, material, time, knowledge, any other type of help to those that need it - this is what Christ was supposed to be about.

Any church that depends on compulsory tithing to survive does not deserve to survive and should be closed down. When we have charity organizations like the Red Cross and others that have survived for decades with voluntary donations, without any form of compulsion. (anyway they do not support the extravagant lifestyles and business ventures of their CEOs). Also we have many religious organizations including Christian denominations that have survived for centuries without tithing.

Just because apostle J.A. Babalola, or prophet T.B. Joshua, General Overseer E.A Adeboye, Bishop Oyedepo or any other titled "men of god" preaches and lay emphasis on tithing does not make it right or Christian. Mis quoting and twisting malachi 3:10 does not make it right. I have challenged tithers many times to show me explicit biblical injunction to give 10% of their earnings compulsorily to their pastor so that he can do whatever he pleases with it. I am still waiting for the answer.

I say it again tithing is a fraud. Just like 419, it is a Nigerian phenomenon. All the churches you mention are Nigerian churches. Mention churches outside Nigeria (and US)that preach salvation according to tithes. Christianity had survived for 2000years without depending on tithes. In fact tithes are a small minority in the total world Christian population. The traditional orthodox Christian denominations of Catholics, anglican, Methodist, and so many others are much more than the minority Pentecostal Christians whose main doctrine is tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by wirinet(m): 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2012
Double post
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by PastorKun(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2012
^^^
@wirinet
Are you sure you are an atheist? You seem to have much better grasp of christianity than a lot of so called christians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Nazi Crusade / God’s Kingdom, The Only Lasting Solution To Mankind’s Problems-I / Girl Dies After Parents Pray For Healing Instead Of Seeking Medical Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.