Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,328 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? (2508 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by God2man(m): 7:41am On Aug 13, 2012
Personally, i feel there should be a section on nairaland dedicated to Antithers and tithers to argue and argue, then use 1000 pages to force church goers from paying tithe. I am not here to stop antithers or argue, it is just my opinion. If you are looking for somebody that will argue with you about tithe. Pls, i beg you count me out.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by God2man(m): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
See what i mean;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-272.0.html

Wow! 68 pages. O God come and help us o. We need help seriously.

God2man.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by God2man(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2012
Sorry,63 pages.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2012
@ God2man,

My dear brother. The issue of tithe or no tithe is a serious issue in the body of Christ. The above thread you mentioned started in May 23, 2005 and lasted till Sept. 23, 2010/March 02, 2012. This is to tell you how serious this topic of tithing is. Now, consider this, from Genesis to Revelation, we have enough words to prove the truth if tithing is right for NT Christians or not. You know my stand though on this subject but I will like you to do me a favour by answering this question:

Who are those that the bible written to?

I will highly appreciate your answer to this question if possible with scriptural verse and thereafter, I will proceed to tell you what I intend to tell you. Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by God2man(m): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2012
I am sorry to disappoint you sir, and i will also appreciate it, if you can find other means to establish your conviction about tithe, but for me to answer your question, a big No, i beg you, pls, look for other means, and count me out. The Lord will help you in your research. Thank you very much.

God bless you.
God2man.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by MacDaddy01: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 12:53am On Aug 19, 2012
God2man: I am sorry to disappoint you sir, and i will also appreciate it, if you can find other means to establish your conviction about tithe, but for me to answer your question, a big No, i beg you, pls, look for other means, and count me out. The Lord will help you in your research. Thank you very much.

God bless you.
God2man.

My brother, it isn't about MY OWN CONVICTION ABOUT TITHE, it is about WHAT THE WORD SAYS TO CHRISTIANS - As we are to PROVE ALL THINGS and HOLD UNTO THAT WHICH IS GOOD, meaning there are somethings that "might NOT be good". I perceive, with your response you don't want to be open minded to other believers and many times on this board you "dodge" sound doctrine. What then is the mind when it cannot be open to the scriptures and sound doctrine or what is the mind when it cannot be open to the truth? Again, the question I asked you got nothing to do with tithe yet but it will help us in a strong foundation to the Christian faith and truth.

Again, my brother, Who are those that the bible written to?

I will prefer your answer with scriptural verse so we don't pour out "head knowledge or educated guess". If you can't tell us/me who the bible is written to, then I will "assume" you cannot handle the word of truth (I don't mean any insult).
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by God2man(m): 2:45am On Aug 19, 2012
Thank you.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 4:19am On Aug 19, 2012
God2man: Thank you.

So why in the world did you open a thread you don't want to talk about
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 19, 2012
because he's close minded, he doesn't want to learn, he believes what he knows is right, and even if there's evidence to prove He is wrong, he's not interested in it...

see? when ppl say they want a christian section, you really think it will end all the squabbles that go on here?

next there will be catholic and non catholic sections, winners and redeeemers, tithers vs non tithers, men of god and children of god...

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by PastorKun(m): 6:57am On Aug 19, 2012
I think God2man's tithe income has suffered a serious blow based on the enlightenment on the subject on NL hence he is not happy discussing the topic here.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by mkmyers45(m): 7:17am On Aug 19, 2012
Goshen360:

So why in the world did you open a thread you don't want to talk about

Beats me too..
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
musKeeto: because he's close minded, he doesn't want to learn, he believes what he knows is right, and even if there's evidence to prove He is wrong, he's not interested in it...

see? when ppl say they want a christian section, you really think it will end all the squabbles that go on here?

next there will be catholic and non catholic sections, winners and redeeemers, tithers vs non tithers, men of god and children of god...

You have spoken well my brother. I have said on this board many times and will say it again. Until early 2011, I was still paying tithe. After studying more on this subject of tithing, I was amazed and shocked we have a whole movement following this falsehood in the name of God.

Concerning, having christian-for-christian session, in respect to your above comment, I change my mind also. I don't think I want to support that anymore. Let us all deal with our issues here while the Islam is already created.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2012
Pastor Kun: I think God2man's tithe income has suffered a serious blow based on the enlightenment on the subject on NL hence he is not happy discussing the topic here.

I "suspect" so as well.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2012
Now, @ topic,

Is Nairaland forum created to stop tithe in churches? The simple answer is it wasn't exclusively created to stop tithe in churches but it became part/one of the tools used to teach the truth about the subject of tithing. Nairaland didn't have tithe in mind per-say when created but tithe became part of what is taught here in truth. If tithe is stopped in the churches, then it simply means people are coming to the knowledge of the truth which is only able to set people FREE.

@ God2man,

Since, you are not interested in talking about this but went ahead to start this thread and also, you refused to answer my question, I "assume" you don't care to know who and who the Bible was written to or you already know but wish to say the truth.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by nedostic: 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2012
I honestly feel and think that paying of tithe should be an individual choice.

If the Holy Spirit convicts one to pay tithe,then one should hearken to it.

More so, I do not believe that if you do not pay tithe,the JUST GOD would not bless you.

Obedience to the word is much more than sacrificial giving or compulsory giving in the name of tithing.

I used to pay 'awesome' tithe but then lived a very hypocritical lifestyle. I used to have this whacked and 'corrupt' idea that God could be bribed with tithe.Reality of God's word has dawned on me the essence of the true God. There is no short-cut with God.This is the simple truth about God's nature!

The idea of bribing God with tithing or offering is a fallacious concept.

I believe the most important aspect of tithing or offering is tied to free-will and not coercion.

I have attended some few churches, where pastors would call out for special offerings in the name of various naira denominations or foreign currencies with special blessings. This is pure madness,financial terrorism and rip off!

Without much ado,this is a Mormon Doctrine since it is not scriptural. Poor me! has been a victim of these fraudsters that parade themselves as servants of 'god'.

It is even insulting to the most High God to bring to HIS house ill-gotten money as a tithe or offering.Most pastors do not harp on this for the fear of financial poverty without knowing fully well that God is capable of sustaining them when they are on spot with the truth.

Lest I forget, as a Christian we owe it to be benevolent to genuine men of God,members of your church/fellowship and to all and sundry in the society including your supposedly 'enemy'.

Anyway, as a child of God we do not have any physical enemy except Satan-Lucifer.

This benevolence must not necessarily be money.We could guide people right in so many ways. Perhaps,altruism might be key here but I would want to stick with the golden rule in the bible- LOVE YOUR NEIGBHOUR AS YOURSELF!

May the Almighty God help us and grant us wisdom to apply our resources wisely, we are definitely in the last days!

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by God2man(m): 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2012
Again another 39 pages of tithe thread,

www.nairaland.com/307798/says-tithing-not-new-testamental

The bottom line is that we should not continue to argue concerning the issue of tithe, it is becoming stereotypical.

@pastor kun, things will never be tight for tithers, i reject your statement, even if i do not reject it, i will never exprience such blow in my finances, NEVER,NEVER,NEVER In Jesus Name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Christiscoming: 4:39am On Aug 20, 2012
Will a Christian who refuses to Tithe be disqualified from entering Heaven - oh yes, watch out !!
In my years as Christian I have mostly tithed, although Ive had seasons of being very anti-tithing & promoting all the various arguments against it. It was during that time God fully convinced me of its requirement for His people & its eternal consequences. From that background Id like to share what God revealed to me through firstly A) His Word, and secondly B.) 8 amazing testimonies of encounters with Jesus in Heaven & Hell where tithing is raised as an important eternal issue - TAKE HEED - http://christiscoming777./2012/03/02/tithing-is-it-required-and-are-there-eternal-consequences-for-non-tithing/
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by tpia5: 4:58am On Aug 20, 2012
Goshen360: @ God2man,

The above thread you mentioned started in May 23, 2005 and lasted till Sept. 23, 2010/March 02, 2012.

what are your other nl ids, if you've been here since 2006?
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Nobody: 5:30am On Aug 20, 2012
tpia@:

what are your other nl ids, if you've been here since 2006?
Someones confused.

he didnt claim hes been here since 2006, just stated the date the thread was opened ...

sheeessh..
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by PastorKun(m): 7:02am On Aug 20, 2012
God2man:

@pastor kun, things will never be tight for tithers, i reject your statement, even if i do not reject it, i will never exprience such blow in my finances, NEVER,NEVER,NEVER In Jesus Name. Amen.

Bros abeg stop being delusional as we all know that tithers face the same financial difficulties non tithers face. In fact non tithers are better off financially. It is only tithe collectors(who are direct beneficiaries of the scam) that prosper as a result of tithing activities of others. If youu depend on tithes as income, then I wld advise you look for other sources of sustenance as more and more Nigerians are becoming aware that tithing is a fraud.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by God2man(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ pastor kun, i know you very well. You will never agree with me, but the truth is that there is no problem free life, presently, there is a global economic meltdown, in fact Jesus said that in this world we will have tribulation. Your best teacher is adversity, without it you will not grow or become a better christian.

Money,money,money. What if God withdraws your health and you start paying bills, what are you going to do? Also, God can bless you with sound health and you just pay little money for medical expenses. There was a case of a man that got afflicted with an ailment, a man with a big car came to the man of God for healing, God said" Tithe", this man refused to pay tithe, although he gives money to church but tithe, No way. God told the man of God to tell the man to pay his tithe and he will be fine, thank God for his mercy the ailment could have terminated his life.

Now, what am i saying here? True riches is not how much you HAVE, but how much you are willing to give. So, coming here to tell us that tithers are facing financial hardship is not a good reason to conclude that tithers are not blessed. Infact, money is limited in some areas, for example, money does not make a good home, money cannot give you brain, money can buy you books, but not brain. Money can buy you the best mattress but not a sound sleep. There is a yoruba adage that says; "ibanuje moniwon fun eniti o ri gari wamu" the sorrow of a man that is swallowing gari is limited. People believed that once they have money, their problems are over, they are joking. If you have money, there is going to be problem, if you do not have, you will defnitely have a greater problem, the important thing is contentment, Godliness with contentment is a great gain, a great blessing indeed so not Money.

I have come a long way in my christian journey, now, when i look back, i always give glory to God for that woman God sent to me a decade ago to pay my tithe whenever i collected my salary, i am not a Pastor, i am not on church payroll, i would rather give to support the work of God than to be receiving money from church, my Bible told me that it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Moreover, if you are doing something continually, and you do not get result, people may say you are mad, but the foolishness of God is wiser than men: and the weakness of God is stronger than men, 1cor 1:25, for the fact that we have been praying for sometime and it seems there is no answer or the situation may even get worse as a result of our prayer, does not mean God will not answer our prayer, God's ways are higher than our own ways. Likewise, if you are paying tithe and you are expriencing hardship, it is not a good reason to conclude that Tithe is a fraud. A big No.

Men of God who have gone to the mountain in 1930s, fasted for forty days, without food except water, came back to establish the church and instructed their members to pay tithe can NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be wrong. For example,Apostle Joseph Ayodele Babalola was the one that founded the Christ Apostolic church,CAC, up till today they are still paying tithe.

Now, who are the proponents of Antithers on nairaland forum to open the same Bible, that we were told that Aposlte J.A Babalola the founder of CAC memorized the whole book of psalm, to tell us that Tithing is a fraud. A big lie from the pit of hell.

At least i know the following churches still pay tithe, RCCG, MFM, CHRIST EMBASSY, WINNERS. So, i don't know where Antithers on nairaland get their doctrine from, i don't know.

I rest my case.

God bless you all.
God2man.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Joagbaje(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
At least i know the following churches still pay tithe, RCCG, MFM, CHRIST EMBASSY, WINNERS. So, i don't know w

@God2man
every church pays tithe. im not aware of any church where they dont believe in tithing. Those who condemn tithing dont really belong to any church. maybe im wrong, thats how i see it.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by PastorKun(m): 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

@God2man
every church pays tithe. im not aware of any church where they dont believe in tithing. Those who condemn tithing dont really belong to any church. maybe im wrong, thats how i see it.

On the contrary their are several churches that don't practice the false tithing doctrine. Infact the evidence before us suggests that churches that preach it do it for their own selfish/greedy reasons.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by PastorKun(m): 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
God2man:
At least i know the following churches still pay tithe, RCCG, MFM, CHRIST EMBASSY, WINNERS. So, i don't know where Antithers on nairaland get their doctrine from, i don't know.

I rest my case.

God bless you all.
God2man.

Unfortunately none of the churches listed above have any credibility as far as true christianity is concerned. They are just noise makers preaching the doctrines of men as the word of God.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by allamerefa: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2012
Normally, I wouldn't say anything but I just have to add my two-cents worth here.
Tithing is NOT OPTIONAL, it is a commandment like soul winning. Read Malachi 3:18. When God said He would punish thieves in Revelations, He was also talking about those who rob Him. He made us, this world and He owns everything in it. Is 10% too much for the use of His property? Especially after He has finished blessing you?
Those of you who say its not for christians, how many of you actually talked to the Holy Spirit about this and He said tithing is a lie. There's a reason why the bible says man's own understanding is foolish.
We pay our tithes to show God that we are faithful. You are faithful to God, He'll be faithful to you. I have an assurance when I pay tithe that I will never lack. You write down your tithes and you will see how much they grow, to show you how much more God is blessing you. In fact, when funds get low, you can even use it to put Him in rememberance of your faithfulness.
Please, don't dive into hell willingly. There is no longer time for this debate. Focus on ensuring that when that time comes, you know you have done all He asked of you.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Goshen360(m): 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
Joagbaje:

@God2man

I hate to tell you "sharrap" but I can't help but say it. I don't know where you got this information you are disseminating from. I know many churched who are NOT greedily pastored here in the United States that NEVER preached tithing and don't believe it for the NT church/body of Christ. If you want prove and their names, I can give them to you. cool cool cool
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by dhtmlextreme1: 9:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
NO COMMENTS!
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by allamerefa: 9:15am On Oct 20, 2012
Dude, is your church also okay with gays? Have they even talked to you guys about the sins that can keep you out of heaven and how we're really close to the end?
We're always reminded in my church, not just to take everything our pastors tell us but also to study the bible on our own. Pls, pray and ask the holy spirit for the truth, don't just rely on your own understanding or what you're told. Be careful, these days, a lot of churches don't preach what we need to hear, just what makes people happy. Serving God is not just about Him blessing us, its also about our sacrifices (of time, money, etc) and commitment. If your christianity doesn't cost you anything, it doesn't mean anything.

This is actually a bad medium for discussing something so important.
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by dhtmlextreme1: 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2012
STOOOOOPPPPPP THIEEEEEEVING NIGERIA PASTORS!!!!!
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2012
God2man: Personally, i feel there should be a section on nairaland dedicated to Antithers and tithers to argue and argue, then use 1000 pages to force church goers from paying tithe. I am not here to stop antithers or argue, it is just my opinion. If you are looking for somebody that will argue with you about tithe. Pls, i beg you count me out.

God bless you.
God2man.
no. only a small fraction of Nigerians visit Nairaland. 5000 at most per hour
Re: Is Nairaland Forum Created To Stop Tithe In Churches? by wirinet(m): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2012
God2man: @ pastor kun, i know you very well. You will never agree with me, but the truth is that there is no problem free life, presently, there is a global economic meltdown, in fact Jesus said that in this world we will have tribulation. Your best teacher is adversity, without it you will not grow or become a better christian.

Money,money,money. What if God withdraws your health and you start paying bills, what are you going to do? Also, God can bless you with sound health and you just pay little money for medical expenses. There was a case of a man that got afflicted with an ailment, a man with a big car came to the man of God for healing, God said" Tithe", this man refused to pay tithe, although he gives money to church but tithe, No way. God told the man of God to tell the man to pay his tithe and he will be fine, thank God for his mercy the ailment could have terminated his life.

Now, what am i saying here? True riches is not how much you HAVE, but how much you are willing to give. So, coming here to tell us that tithers are facing financial hardship is not a good reason to conclude that tithers are not blessed. Infact, money is limited in some areas, for example, money does not make a good home, money cannot give you brain, money can buy you books, but not brain. Money can buy you the best mattress but not a sound sleep. There is a yoruba adage that says; "ibanuje moniwon fun eniti o ri gari wamu" the sorrow of a man that is swallowing gari is limited. People believed that once they have money, their problems are over, they are joking. If you have money, there is going to be problem, if you do not have, you will defnitely have a greater problem, the important thing is contentment, Godliness with contentment is a great gain, a great blessing indeed so not Money.

I have come a long way in my christian journey, now, when i look back, i always give glory to God for that woman God sent to me a decade ago to pay my tithe whenever i collected my salary, i am not a Pastor, i am not on church payroll, i would rather give to support the work of God than to be receiving money from church, my Bible told me that it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Moreover, if you are doing something continually, and you do not get result, people may say you are mad, but the foolishness of God is wiser than men: and the weakness of God is stronger than men, 1cor 1:25, for the fact that we have been praying for sometime and it seems there is no answer or the situation may even get worse as a result of our prayer, does not mean God will not answer our prayer, God's ways are higher than our own ways. Likewise, if you are paying tithe and you are expriencing hardship, it is not a good reason to conclude that Tithe is a fraud. A big No.

Men of God who have gone to the mountain in 1930s, fasted for forty days, without food except water, came back to establish the church and instructed their members to pay tithe can NEVER, NEVER, NEVER be wrong. For example,Apostle Joseph Ayodele Babalola was the one that founded the Christ Apostolic church,CAC, up till today they are still paying tithe.

Now, who are the proponents of Antithers on nairaland forum to open the same Bible, that we were told that Aposlte J.A Babalola the founder of CAC memorized the whole book of psalm, to tell us that Tithing is a fraud. A big lie from the pit of hell.

I rest my case.

God bless you all.
God2man.

I am sorry to say but you do not have any case. You are only emotionally and psychologically attached to tithe without any biblical basis. How will tithing make you a better Christian? Do you even have an idea of who a Christian is? For your information a Christian is a person who lives according to the dictates and teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus never demanded for tithes from his disciples or anybody else and never commanded anybody to pay tithe.

Are you now tying good health or other misfortune to tithing? If so please provide us with just one biblical example. In fact that doctrine is from paganism and African traditional religion where you have to bribe the gods (through the priest of course), to receive blessings and fortune.

Realising the truth that true riches is not how much money you have or how many houses or material things you possess, shows you are gradually coming into enlightenment. But that your statement is at variant with what is preached by over 90% of the so called men of god, they instill the fallacy that money and materialism is the key to happiness (and blessing from God), and anybody who is poor is cursed and is a sinner. Contentment (not complacency) is one of the main keys to happiness, and i am yet to see a Nigerian Pentecostal church that preach it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wise To Pay Tithe From Monthly Pension? / End Time: Strange Human Image Appear In Sky (Zambia) / If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.