Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola (7326 Views)

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist / Texas Governor Takes Immediate Action Against Same-sex Ruling… This Is HUGE / Fashola: Stay In Your Village If You Cant Obey Our Traffic Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by adasi678: 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
Fashola is a funny governor.I agreed with all the law except the part that says there should be no eating.I think the governor is heartless.he can seat at the back of his car and driver drives him and eats.you are talking of state where traffic can hold you several hours.I haven't heard of that kind if law in the whole world ans I can say I have travelled far and wide around the world.Auto makers even provide cup holder and cooler inside cars to make driving convenient.I couldn't think about all the time I have a doctor's prescription and is mandated that I have to take the drug before eating and locked down on 3rd mainland bridge for hours.This is democracy not military ruling.fashola started from somewhere and so he should look bad.
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by Sunofgod(m): 4:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
adasi678: Fashola is a funny governor.I agreed with all the law except the part that says there should be no eating.I think the governor is heartless.he can seat at the back of his car and driver drives him and eats.you are talking of state where traffic can hold you several hours.I haven't heard of that kind if law in the whole world ans I can say I have travelled far and wide around the world.Auto makers even provide cup holder and cooler inside cars to make driving convenient.I couldn't think about all the time I have a doctor's prescription and is mandated that I have to take the drug before eating and locked down on 3rd mainland bridge for hours.This is democracy not military ruling.fashola started from somewhere and so he should look bad.

As ypu said - he's heartless.

And as correctly stated - such 'absurd' laws dont exist anywhere in the world.
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by Sunofgod(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
Taiw: This is a good step frm the lagos state Governor.The only part of the law i dont like is the forfeiture of ur vechicle to the state. For what na?

To be sold off cheap to a 'Fashol/Tinubu' crony.
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by Sunofgod(m): 4:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
drnoel: The new traffic law is bullshit. How can fashola hope to enforce a law when he has not put infrastructions to aid the public obey the law. He has not build all the roads in lagos. Most of the roads are still at their sorry state. Besides how many traffic lights has he installed so far. More than 60% of roads that require traffic lights don´t have em and he is talking about fitting em with cameras. Is that not a mark of irresponsiblity. How does one count from 1 to 10 without calling 2,3,4 e.t.c or does one just jump to 40 while trying to count to 10. He may have good ideas but he is going about it the wrong. The said traffic law is not even in circulation yet or has anyone seen a copy yet or does he expect all lagosians to go in massess to the government house asking to see the new traffic law,..bullshit. How does one enact a law and expects it to be obeyed if the public do not know what the law comprises of and how to obey it...Fashiola is just irresponsible period.

Correct - the mans a joke - a sick joke!
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by josite: 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
fashola is a SAN.FASHOLA AND IPAYE SHOULD KNOW THAT it doesnt make sense to sign a bill into law and begin to say u will not enforce the law in the interim.what is done in a civilised clime is for the commencement of the law to be deferred to a later date so that the government can put in place the necesary machineries that will make the law works as it ought to.This law though well intended will create a desperate situation where the driver desperate not to go to jail or forfeit his money will smash anything in his way when he decides to escape and it will also make lastma official desperate to catch an offender who they can extort money from know fully well no one wants to pay 20k or go to jail.if u ask me it is a bad law all in all.the roads and the cameras and the equipments should first be in place before the commencement of the law.FOR A START,i jus learnt one desperate bank official jus smashed an equally desperate lastma official to death somewhere around lekki.fashola should balance zeal with wisdom/knowledge.
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by onyekabe(m): 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
Biggoozz: Dear God, I know you did not abandon Nigeria, pls make Fashola our President if we are still one by 2015. Amen.

AMEN
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by mavinc4u(f): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2012
drnoel: The new traffic law is bullshit. How can fashola hope to enforce a law when he has not put infrastructions to aid the public obey the law. He has not build all the roads in lagos. Most of the roads are still at their sorry state. Besides how many traffic lights has he installed so far. More than 60% of roads that require traffic lights don´t have em and he is talking about fitting em with cameras. Is that not a mark of irresponsiblity. How does one count from 1 to 10 without calling 2,3,4 e.t.c or does one just jump to 40 while trying to count to 10. He may have good ideas but he is going about it the wrong. The said traffic law is not even in circulation yet or has anyone seen a copy yet or does he expect all lagosians to go in massess to the government house asking to see the new traffic law,..bullshit. How does one enact a law and expects it to be obeyed if the public do not know what the law comprises of and how to obey it...Fashiola is just irresponsible period.

hmmmmmmmm.interesting quotes and statements.you are completely right.during the time of yaradua,he gave us seven points agenda,people were jubilating that he is a good man sent by God without seeing the promise been fulfilled,he later carried the seven points to the grave without doing anyone.our wonderful president came without shoes with a lot of promises and we jubilated as usual that God has done it again,please how many of his promises has he carried out,may be i travelled when he did them.now Gov.Fashola has promised to install security monitor on the traffic lights and place sign indication on the roads,please how many traffic lights work 24/7.another funniest thing is that the punishment for violation of the law has been taken effect without executing his promises and somebody will come here and type welldone Fashola,you are our future president,welldone on what levels,promising to put things in order and has not done that while people are being punished for not obeying his half baked law,may be somebody should enlighten me on this.what people said and never did are like heap of sand on the ground.no offence.long live Nigeria.
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by dougivilla(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
Oleros: Keep up the good work Fashola
which gud work? Trafic regulaion? Who we go punish, jail or fine 4 d bad roads that litter d state. For his excellences info, 85 percent of d offences would not exist if d roads are in order.
Re: New Lagos Traffic-Law Takes Immediate Effect - Fashola by naptu2: 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
It's already been done! Gidi_Traffic and trafficbutter on twitter and traffic FM on radio.

@Gidi_Traffic
@trafficbutter
Lagos Traffic Radio 96.1 fm

(1) (2) (Reply)

"We're Yet To Reap The Benefits Of Jonathan In Power" - South-south Leaders / Faulty Conveyor-belts & Fans At Refurbished Lagos Airport Terminal / Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.