Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them (17072 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / See Photos Of Soldiers At Capital Oil Station + What They Did To Two Customers.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by onatisi(m): 6:01am On Aug 15, 2012
i could remember an incident that happened in ibadan in my church a police van was patroling but to be honest that vas was too dented that i cant even describe it.well the two boys in fornt of us took out their phone and wnted to take pictures of the van not knowing the police guys had seen them,immidiately the van got close to them the police guys came down and demanded for the phone.the boys denied though but when they look thru their phone the picture was there it took the intervention of our pastor to explain to the men that the boys were chuch members before they released the phne and boy.this was coming maybe after some plice men were killed by armed robbers.pls as much as possible never take pictures of nigerian militry guys.that uniform marks them out for elimination in case of any trouble so they are always alert and when u think they are not seeing u they maybe wtchin.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by deduu2rule: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2012
Na̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊ God save you, you 4 be ǎ̜̣̍ dead man by now
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2012
Why do we even need an army self, its not like we are going to be fighting any wars anytime soon, i say disband these uncouth touts and thugs masquerading as soldiers, f**k em, they just beat a family man to death in lagos because he allegedly broke their vehicle side mirror in traffic, its on the punch newspaper website, bunch of freaking idiots. The right to bear arms will stop these foolishness, a armed society is a polite society.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 15, 2012
A whole retired director of Nigera maritime admin and safety, family man with grown kids beaten to death by some bastard soldier because he broke their side mirror, may God damn all these bastard soldiers, f***ing cowards boko haram they cant face, a armed society is a polite society.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by onatisi(m): 8:27am On Aug 15, 2012
ideally military barracks are not suppose to be in civilian arean ,that is why in western countries barracks are located faraway from civilian areas,it is only in nigeria u find a military barrack in the middle of a city.
secondly ,they are mad dogs that often times bite their own superiors,that is why no matter how bad a military officer is maltreating a civilian if his superior officer gets there all he will say is that he should leave the person.and at times they might even refused to listen to him.just s they did in the case of the man that dies in lagos they insisted on taking the man to their barracks,the officer had no choice,even their superior officers tread with caition when dealing with them,their heads can turn at anytime,that is why they are always kept comfortable in their barracks,they have water and regular light becos if they start to grumble in the barracks that means problems
thirdly ,the army are not trained to hndle civil matters ,they have been conditioned to look at civilians as inferior and so any slight provocation from a civilian will results in serious beating ,a soldier can take on 6 police men at once, i can go on and on ,pls llet everyone be aware if a solidier kills any civilian NO CASE OO.NA UNKNOWN SOLDIER.PLS STEER CLEAR OF THEM.
lastly they are nice ppl to have as friends,very funny and playful but when their heads turn i beg run and take cover
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by KYO1: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2012
u b Aproko,who send u work and wen u turn to journalist,even Late Fela will testify his ordeal with 9ja soldiers,any way thank God 4ur life.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Ignatio(m): 8:50am On Aug 15, 2012
On my way back to Abuja yesterday evening I saw the soldiers in their brand new full kit and heavily armed. They were in a convoy of tear rubber(new) lorries, shouting "where dem they?". I was tempted to snap them but on a second thought of being seen I held back.

Reading the OP's story told me that I made the right decision.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Vongs(m): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2012
Nextworldnx: I dont even know where to post this.
I was at the Chari Maigeri Barracks lokoja (Kogi State) as at 11:00 am this morning, when almost a battalion of soldiers from kaduna, makurdi, ibadan etc who have been camping here all the while, started filing out in about Eight truck loads. They were cocking their guns, singing war songs, preventing motorist from moving, as well as chasing away onlookers, as they move en route okene.

They scene looked more as from a war movie scene (Band of brothers), so i felt i should capture this electric moment on phone and share with my nairaland community. I located a spot in the crowd, brought out my phone and positioned it at an angle am sure no one would see it, not knowing that some soldiers were on mufti with us in the crowd. Before i knew it, one of them spotted me and this happened next:-......

soldier 1:Hey u, what are you doing?
Me: who me?.... gbosa! gbosa!! *receives slaps*
soldier 2: who is that?
soldier 1: he is holding a camera!
Me: its a phone, am listening to music gbam! liar! *receives another slap* kicks *more slaps*
-continued beating and phone seized-
soldier 1: u be boko haram abi? u wan tell ur people for okene say we the come hen?
soldier 2: drag am out, danboroba shege(hausa)
A soldier friend identifies me from afar, crosses the road, and immediately prevented me from being dragged out!(Thank God for that, i guess i would have been shot). Asked me to mix with the crowd and dissapear before others notice.
i ran and did not look back. Went back after an hour to collect my phone from my soldier friend who asked me to better go for thanksgiving on sunday, if he had not spotted on time i would have been history.

i wonder what came over me, taking a filmed shot of soldiers going on a shoot-out with those okene boys for killing two soldiers last week. So far, they have wasted over 57 people in okene since their raid started, no wonder okene is like a ghost town.

Thank God Am Alive, with my phone in good condition, but was unable to retrieve the videos because it was deleted before the phone was handed over. If not for my friend, the soldiers wanted me in guard room for 3 days with enough frog jumps.

Its a pity i lost the video, it would have been wonderful to have their parade clip here.
Anywayz Nairaland, thank God i came out in one piece.

dnt try d shit again!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by samfibby(m): 9:05am On Aug 15, 2012
@Nextworldnx. Bros abeg, u fit try that thing u did again, i have never seen a soldier beat a civillian b4. I would luv 2 see it. Plee......eease now
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Thok(m): 9:07am On Aug 15, 2012
While passing Okene on Sunday,.. It was more like a Ghostown, with Razed buildings, Vandalized shops and Wrecked wooden stalls except with the prescence of a Few indigenes.. Dats a Normal scenario.. But Bros, Come to think of it, Sjo dey charge, u Com komot fone dey video,, u be Christina Amanpour?.. Na God Save u dat day.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by VolvoS60(m): 12:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
So many posters are on here defending the brutality visited upon a citizen of the Republic by Nigerian soldiers. angry

These posters have forotten that it is their taxes which pay for the guns and the uniforms worn by these goons. Guns and uniforms which these thugs misuse at every opportunity. angry

Perhaps some Nigerians have a secret psychosexual desire to be dominated and debased by authority figures in uniform. That can be the only explanation for some of the comments here.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Navalsadiq(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Lolz.information minister u sha funny.ur still talking of sharing videos when u almost lost your life.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by andrewza: 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is a sign of poor discipline, training and control.

I am in the south african navy and during the basic training we had courses that had nothing to do with war. They where to make us better people on the whole some where how to look after your money and budget others where conflict resolution. And the part where we learn how to deal with people you are to only use force if the other person uses force and once they can't fight back you stop. But civilians must under stand when the military is busy with a operation don't interrupt them and when they give you a order obey it and don't get violent or aggressive.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by mkoabiola: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
andrewza: This is a sign of poor discipline, training and control.

I am in the south african navy and during the basic training we had courses that had nothing to do with war. They where to make us better people on the whole some where how to look after your money and budget others where conflict resolution. And the part where we learn how to deal with people you are to only use force if the other person uses force and once they can't fight back you stop. But civilians must under stand when the military is busy with a operation don't interrupt them and when they give you a order obey it and don't get violent or aggressive.

Are u a Nigerian in the south Africa Navy? If yes hw is their mode of entry d Navy?
What is ur experience?hw do u get shortlisted for SA Navy,share ur xperience wit dose inyterested.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by andrewza: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
mko abiola:

Are u a Nigerian in the south Africa Navy? If yes hw is their mode of entry d Navy?
What is ur experience?hw do u get shortlisted for SA Navy,share ur xperience wit dose inyterested.

No I am south african. There is nothing wrong with your navy. I have heard it is a professional navy only bad thing about it from what I know is your flag ship is dated and needs to be replaced.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by andrewza: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
femmyb: Why do we even need an army self, its not like we are going to be fighting any wars anytime soon, i say disband these uncouth touts and thugs masquerading as soldiers, f**k em, they just beat a family man to death in lagos because he allegedly broke their vehicle side mirror in traffic, its on the punch newspaper website, bunch of freaking idiots. The right to bear arms will stop these foolishness, a armed society is a polite society.

Are you on drugs. Your country is 1 step away from a civil war and has for a war between nations. In 1935 no one in france or UK could imagine a war with germany 4 years later they at war.

1 Like

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Sealeddeal(m): 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
And later,some people will claim dat govt is not responding to boko haram threat.this is just Manoevring that u guys saw and what will become of Okene or other parts of North if govt use Attrition which many people are calling for.Frog Jump here and there,killing and maiming civilians and yet,people are here in south calling for harsher penalty.Only in nigeria dat foolish people exist.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nextworldnx: Wow! My post on frontpage, No thanks to the beating received today.

@blink123, u can go yo blazes for all i care tongue, what u crave for so badly has been given to me without sweat.
Moderator, why modify my Title?? I never said i was at Okene! The event happened in lokoja. Please no use my post shine abeg angry
It's [size=20pt]your father[/size] that can go to blazes, I am very sure he's the one that is my mate, not small rat like you. grin
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by logica(m): 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisi: ideally military barracks are not suppose to be in civilian arean ,that is why in western countries barracks are located faraway from civilian areas,it is only in nigeria u find a military barrack in the middle of a city.
True; but this has more to do with secrecy and for soldiers to concentrate more on their jobs, than shielding civilians from possibly being attacked (except of course if the soldiers in question have mental problems). VERDICT: N/A

onatisi:
secondly ,they are mad dogs that often times bite their own superiors,that is why no matter how bad a military officer is maltreating a civilian if his superior officer gets there all he will say is that he should leave the person.and at times they might even refused to listen to him.just s they did in the case of the man that dies in lagos they insisted on taking the man to their barracks,the officer had no choice,even their superior officers tread with caition when dealing with them,their heads can turn at anytime,that is why they are always kept comfortable in their barracks,they have water and regular light becos if they start to grumble in the barracks that means problems
Discipline is a requirement in any Army. Disobeying a direct order from a superior is a serious offense; and in war-time this might be treated as mutiny and punishable by execution by firing-squad. VERDICT: The "Nigerian Army" cannot be described as an army since it does not enforce discipline in the ranks and needs to be disbanded.

onatisi:
thirdly ,the army are not trained to hndle civil matters ,they have been conditioned to look at civilians as inferior and so any slight provocation from a civilian will results in serious beating ,a soldier can take on 6 police men at once, i can go on and on ,pls llet everyone be aware if a solidier kills any civilian NO CASE OO.NA UNKNOWN SOLDIER.PLS STEER CLEAR OF THEM.
A standard soldier is well trained to handle civilians as they do have to interact with them whenever they are conducting an operation both during war situations or non-war situations like rescue operations (disasters or hostage situations). A standard soldier cannot look at civilians as inferior as his task is to serve civilians; especially considering that he is not an alien from outer-space: he has relatives who are civilians (and more likely both his parents are civilians). A standard soldier has a huge case to answer should he kill a civilian. VERDICT: A public execution is highly recommended for soldiers found guilty after a court-martial, of killing a civilian (of course after a dishonorable discharge).

onatisi:
lastly they are nice ppl to have as friends,very funny and playful but when their heads turn i beg run and take cover
A standard soldier's profile should not fit that of a psychopathic kid as he has great responsibilities which he is aware of; and which make him sober and focused. Only a f00l will make friends with grown men whose psychological profile fit that of a psychopathic kid. VERDICT: @ss kissing and canoodling with rogues can only get you so far.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by tucker12(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
Thank your stars !!! I can imagine how the slaps sounded and the way you were screaming..lmao
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by KDULAR: 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
lacasa: Nigerian soldiers r mere agberos in uniform

They shld go ϯo developed parts of the world anϑ see Ђδω soldiers behave more gentle-manly than the civilians sef.

@op.. Tnk God fσr his mercy on Ɣou dat day

The Nigeria populace and society is it same as developed countries ? Do we ourselves behave, think and act like them ?

Next time you don't do anything to endanger the more people whose lives are already in danger and are obvious of the fact.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by KDULAR: 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisi: ideally military barracks are not suppose to be in civilian arean ,that is why in western countries barracks are located faraway from civilian areas,it is only in nigeria u find a military barrack in the middle of a city.

THE BOLDED IS WRONG , though most atimes not comfortable with the DISORDERLINESS OF most civilians.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by cjotech: 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
Legit1: @OP as soon as u get your phone back, do not hesitate to upload. That beaten should not be in vain! wink
like u lack comprehension.
pls reread op's story b4 commentin
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by seunolayemi: 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Bros thank god for your life o, anybody wey army slap go no say police na your friend,....lols.........heeeeyyyaaahhh sorryy o
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
Witti says: have ever seen a lieutenant or captain with two star emblem on their car?

So you think a general will go to the field for peace keeping in his official car having the emblem of his rank on it? I would advice you to go and learn about the military before coming here to show your ignorance to the public.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by onatisi(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
mko abiola:

u wan go join sa navy?
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by onatisi(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
KDULAR:

THE BOLDED IS WRONG , though most atimes not comfortable with the DISORDERLINESS OF most civilians.
agreed
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by thimbook2(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2012
illiterate low-IQ soldiers, abusive policemen with criminalistic tendencies and all other deepraved sin-city type weirdos flourish in Nigeria because folks aint legalized to bear arms; they should just thank their stars, the moda4kaz. they shoulda come over to US and get their frigging cherries popped, thank God for you though, bro!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by haren(m): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
You had better kneel down and thank God, similarly thing happened to us at the Niger bridge when I my 2brothers and his was travellin to lagos. My eldest bro came in from usa and said he would love a pic shot of the bridge and its terrain o! Only o! Stupid us, we parked on the other side and came down and the other brother of mine-all same blood, started to snap, just about the fourth snap, about 3 soldiers crossed the road immediately wit guns n koboko and started flogging. Me! Trust na broda no dey dis wan, I run 4-40! Soldier started shouting u I dey snap wit camela! Camela! U I wan plant bomb shey?! This my broda is a manager of then Siemens,he was stripped of his shirt,layed him on d expressroad and flogged about 80strokes.
They seized our car, our bread n camera. And decided to take us to they hqtr but the saving grace was God cos none of them could drive; so they had to leave us but we gave them the film and they threw it in the river. My broda was soaked wit blood and he was told by their commander that he was lucky dat shotted shot him down just when one of them also shotted bulala him so d other had to take the bulala order. No be small thing abeg make una no dey snap soldiers o! Abeg!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by emmyluv1: 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2012
lacasa: Nigerian soldiers r mere agberos in uniform

They shld go ϯo developed parts of the world anϑ see Ђδω soldiers behave more gentle-manly than the civilians sef.

@op.. Tnk God fσr his mercy on Ɣou dat day
U are a bukun, he was snapping angry soldiers looking 4 boko boys and u are talking of developed countries. He should go and throw party his life.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by KingAzubuike(f): 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
Witi:
I happen to be at Okene yesterday and today, the soldiers were led by a two star general and d experience of the poster cannot be compared wit wat i saw today. "They are de-humanizing ppl" Their excuse is that the ppl that killed the two soldiers stole two guns which must be retrieved.
Can't be a two star general. They don't have time for that. Probably a lieutenant. Lieutenants also carry two star
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Ayo8(m): 7:23pm On Apr 12, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Shuts Down 16 Schools In Rivers State / Corruption War : "People Are Now Ready To Blow Whistle" - Keyamo / Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.