Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them (17070 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / See Photos Of Soldiers At Capital Oil Station + What They Did To Two Customers.. / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
AB$I:
If nigerian soldiers are agberos in uniforms what of you nigerian civilians?u are animals in muftis.go to your same developed countries&learn how civilians properly behave

Thank you jare my brother....some posters were in a joyous mood on a particular thread cos a state officer was killed by a vehicle.

One poster even replied that state/federal officers envy him cos he drives a SUV...ehhn. After reading that post, I then concluded that some Nigerians deserve the beating they occassionally receive from men in uniform.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by paulokwudiri(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Quite funny man.U sabi to tell story.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by timmy1999(m): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
I tire sef..everywhere in Lagos is full of army barrack...in yaba area where I stay...we have close to 20barrack...yaba only...in UK.army don't live close to people...dey r meant for war...in uk..its hard to see army on d street...occasionally..
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by stillme(m): 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lie or no lie,I just can't stop laughing.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by crackhouse(m): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
Are u a war journalist? If yes, then go to syria cos we ain't fighting war yet. Abi u wan do Amebo? Na ur type full for Dana plane crash site wey no gree make NEMA do their work.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by sylve11: 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
those saying the Op is lying do not know or have not witnessed it before. @ Op just thank ur God, cos those guys are damn brutal. A boy was almost beaten to point of death for same reason in Warri this year. If not for intervention of an hausa fellow that knew ths guy, na only God for know wetin for happen. shocked cool
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Abumilla(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
Lucky boy. What a lawless country. A soldier is killed and hundred civilians are killed to replace dem.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
GUY,U DEY VERY VERY LUCKY O..THIS WAS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY EVENING AT WHARF,APAPA..I WAS TRYING TO PASS ONE OF MY TRUCKS INTO THE PORT WHEN I SAW LIKE 5POLICEMEN BRUTALIZING THIS OKADAMAN(COMMERCIAL MOTORCYCLIST)..I MOVED CLOSER TO WADE INTO THE SITUATION THINKING THEY WERE MEN FROM THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY WERENT IN UNIFORM,ONLY FOR ONE THEM TO ASK ME WHAT IS MY OWN AND I REPLIED I KNOW THE OKADAMAN.ONE OF THEM IN UNIFORM(APPARENTLY THE ONLY SANE ONE IN THEIR MIDST) CAME TO ME TO ASK THE OKADAMAN TO OBEY FIRST.I COULDNT MOVE CLOSER ANYLONGER BECAUSE THE SITUATION WAS ALREADY BURNING BY THEN..I MOVED BACK,BROUGHT OUT MY SAMSUNG GALAXY 3,OPENED THE COVER AND I WAS ABOUT TAKING CLEAR CRISP SHOTS OF THE WHOLE SCENE WHEN I HEARD..
WETIN U DEY DO?
GOD PUNISH YOUR PAPA?
GIMME YOUR PHONE?
DANBOROOBA SHEGE?
DANINSKA?
ALL THESE WORDS DIDNT JUST PASS BY WITHOUT HEAVY PUNCHES AND SLAPS,THEN I WAS ASKED TO HAND OVER MY PHONE WHICH I DIDNT COS I WOULD HAVE STILL BE MOURNING BY NOW(IT WOULD BE SMASHED INSTANTLY)..THE WHOLE PATROL VAN TURNED ON ME AND LEFT THE OKADAMAN,I WAS BUNDLED INTO THE VAN AND I WAS DRIVEN STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE STATION.I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EARS ON GETTING TO THE STATION
NA U DEY ATTACK POLICE ROBBERY INVESTIGATION!!
U ARE AIDING AND ALBEITING CORRUPTION!!
U ARE INTRUDING A HIGH CRIMINAL PROFILE!!
U ARE THE RING LEADER!!
OYA,WRITE STATEMENT,I WILL TEACH U A LESSON OF A LIFETIME(THAT IS IF U EVER COME OUT OF IT ALIVE!!
THANK GOD FOR AN OFFICER THAT KNEW ME AND THE MANY DECEITS OF THE PHONE,I PROLLY SHOULD BE COOLING OFF IN KIRIKS MAX BY NOW

2 Likes

Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by tinkinjo: 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
O_D_B: Nigerian army are just a bunch of bullies who have never engaged a standing army but only their citizens.

I bet Cameroonian Ger-dames will give em a well deserved a55 whooping

Say something else...I have IT on good authority that before the ICJ decision the Cameroon gendarmes had an encounter with the Nigerian Army and they didn't find it funny. If there's anything the gendarmes fear presently it's the Nigerian army. If you doubt me cross over to the peninsula and ask a gendarme i.e if he was one of the lucky few that escaped the massacre i.e if anyone escape at all.

Do you even know why they chose to go to the ICJ?
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by sylve11: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
sanniemoe: GUY,U DEY VERY VERY LUCKY O..THIS WAS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY EVENING AT WHARF,APAPA..I WAS TRYING TO PASS ONE OF MY TRUCKS INTO THE PORT WHEN I SAW LIKE 5POLICEMEN BRUTALIZING THIS OKADAMAN(COMMERCIAL MOTORCYCLIST)..I MOVED CLOSER TO WADE INTO THE SITUATION THINKING THEY WERE MEN FROM THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY WERENT IN UNIFORM,ONLY FOR ONE THEM TO ASK ME WHAT IS MY OWN AND I REPLIED I KNOW THE OKADAMAN.ONE OF THEM IN UNIFORM(APPARENTLY THE ONLY SANE ONE IN THEIR MIDST) CAME TO ME TO ASK THE OKADAMAN TO OBEY FIRST.I COULDNT MOVE CLOSER ANYLONGER BECAUSE THE SITUATION WAS ALREADY BURNING BY THEN..I MOVED BACK,BROUGHT OUT MY SAMSUNG GALAXY 3,OPENED THE COVER AND I WAS ABOUT TAKING CLEAR CRISP SHOTS OF THE WHOLE SCENE WHEN I HEARD..
WETIN U DEY DO?
GOD PUNISH YOUR PAPA?
GIMME YOUR PHONE?
DANBOROOBA SHEGE?
DANINSKA?
ALL THESE WORDS DIDNT JUST PASS BY WITHOUT HEAVY PUNCHES AND SLAPS,THEN I WAS ASKED TO HAND OVER MY PHONE WHICH I DIDNT COS I WOULD HAVE STILL BE MOURNING BY NOW(IT WOULD BE SMASHED INSTANTLY)..THE WHOLE PATROL VAN TURNED ON ME AND LEFT THE OKADAMAN,I WAS BUNDLED INTO THE VAN AND I WAS DRIVEN STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE STATION.I COULDNT BELIEVE MY EARS ON GETTING TO THE STATION
NA U DEY ATTACK POLICE ROBBERY INVESTIGATION!!
U ARE AIDING AND ALBEITING CORRUPTION!!
U ARE INTRUDING A HIGH CRIMINAL PROFILE!!
U ARE THE RING LEADER!!
OYA,WRITE STATEMENT,I WILL TEACH U A LESSON OF A LIFETIME(THAT IS IF U EVER COME OUT OF IT ALIVE!!
THANK GOD FOR AN OFFICER THAT KNEW ME AND THE MANY DECEITS OF THE PHONE,I PROLLY SHOULD BE COOLING OFF IN KIRIKS MAX BY NOW

oya help me tell those wey dey doubt the op. They've not seeen that's why they saying op u dey lie, story, and all sorts. cool
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by onatisi(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2012
nairaland wan kill u!seun no send anybody ooo
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by phemi01(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Oniro Jatijati!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by ikee(m): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
na2day!:
I no fit shout o!
Op, you made the coke i was drinking come out of my nose grin
Thank God for ur life, u for become statistics in the fight against boko haram!
I can see the headline of tomorrow's dailies already - "The spokesman of B.H was shot to death while preparing the propaganda video for upload!" grin
you no go kill person o grin grin grin
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Ariyke: 10:53pm On Aug 14, 2012
thank God for ur life u for make front page tomorrow say dem dom capture abu qadar abi wetin be him name
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nextworldnx(m): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
@All, this incident didnt happen in Okene rather it happened in LOKOJA on their way out of the barracks gate.

@sanniemoe,
thank you for bailing me out. These guys wont understand what i went through. it was a horrible experience!! If not God who allowed that guy to show up, i would have been history by now. GOD FORBID!!
the scenario you describe up there was the exact ordeal i passed through this morning.
the first plain soldier was like "who are u?" eh?? "what are u doing"?!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Orblonde: 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
The north is about to get a flavour of the Biafra experience of occupation. Without the genocide of famine and mass killings and rapes. If only they stuck to the agreed Aburi accord.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by KINGwax(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Chanchit: Instead of wasting ur talent like acidtalk, why don u start by writing fictional novels...?
nice one
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by KINGwax(m): 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
lacasa: Nigerian soldiers r mere agberos in uniform

They shld go ϯo developed parts of the world anϑ see Ђδω soldiers behave more gentle-manly than the civilians sef.

@op.. Tnk God fσr his mercy on Ɣou dat day
well Sir, that is a complete lie. I biliv our own soldiers may overdo some things but listen, soldiers all around ds world have ds 'i'm in charge' ego. They're alwys ready for trouble, ready to show u who's in charge. If u talk abt gentlemen, take abt the navy, anytime, anywhere!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Tadup: 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2012
1800bc: Bloody liar!
it can happen to you!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by othenok(f): 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
Op,pele o! Though i can't stop laughing. My baby dey look me like say i don mad....... Hilarious, i tell you
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by emmycee(m): 11:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nextworldnx:

Guy, u wont understand, i ran to a hideout and took a good look at myself...can not believe i just received a beating from these men, and am still standing(though fretting and shaking vigorously).
The only sign on me is the sweet curves and rough patches their hands deposited on my cheeks. I cant be joking about this! its even more painful that my video is lost because you will actually here the "hey you, what are doing!??" part before i quickly pressed the stop button.

Besides, right now, i've called my chick over to massage my body.
see u o..u re still talkin of video..jst thank God u were nt burnt to ashed with ur phone..
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Tstark(m): 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
@OP
Tales by moonlight- too many coincidences in your story
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by mkoabiola: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
U wud av been my best journalist on NL,had been u captured d video of d whole scenario in lokoja not minding d degree of d beating.Ask d leadership journalist dat was assaulted,he wil tel u beta.
Anyway,u can stil make it.it is not over until it is over.if dey beat u,we wil sue dem,i wil stand as d lawyer together wit seun n other volunteers on NL,afterall u covering d video for Nairaland.
U can stil make it, Wishing all d best nx time.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by queensmith: 11:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
looool!
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by maigaskiya1: 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nextworldnx: I dont even know where to post this.
I was at the Chari Maigeri Barracks lokoja (Kogi State) as at 11:00 am this morning, when almost a battalion of soldiers from kaduna, makurdi, ibadan etc who have been camping here all the while, started filing out in about Eight truck loads. They were cocking their guns, singing war songs, preventing motorist from moving, as well as chasing away onlookers, as they move en route okene.

They scene looked more as from a war movie scene (Band of brothers), so i felt i should capture this electric moment on phone and share with my nairaland community. I located a spot in the crowd, brought out my phone and positioned it at an angle am sure no one would see it, not knowing that some soldiers were on mufti with us in the crowd. Before i knew it, one of them spotted me and this happened next:-......

soldier 1:Hey u, what are you doing?
Me: who me?.... gbosa! gbosa!! *receives slaps*
soldier 2: who is that?
soldier 1: he is holding a camera!
Me: its a phone, am listening to music gbam! liar! *receives another slap* kicks *more slaps*
-continued beating and phone seized-
soldier 1: u be boko haram abi? u wan tell ur people for okene say we the come hen?
soldier 2: drag am out, danboroba shege(hausa)
A soldier friend identifies me from afar, crosses the road, and immediately prevented me from being dragged out!(Thank God for that, i guess i would have been shot). Asked me to mix with the crowd and dissapear before others notice.
i ran and did not look back. Went back after an hour to collect my phone from my soldier friend who asked me to better go for thanksgiving on sunday, if he had not spotted on time i would have been history.

i wonder what came over me, taking a filmed shot of soldiers going on a shoot-out with those okene boys for killing two soldiers last week. So far, they have wasted over 57 people in okene since their raid started, no wonder okene is like a ghost town.

Thank God Am Alive, with my phone in good condition, but was unable to retrieve the videos because it was deleted before the phone was handed over. If not for my friend, the soldiers wanted me in guard room for 3 days with enough frog jumps.

Its a pity i lost the video, it would have been wonderful to have their parade clip here.
Anywayz Nairaland, thank God i came out in one piece.

thank god o u escapd death by d whiskers
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by logica(m): 12:46am On Aug 15, 2012
Is it not a recurrent decimal that you need to speak HAUSA to all these civilian-battering soldiers and policemen? Think about that.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 4:03am On Aug 15, 2012
I wish Nigeria had the second amendment which is the right to bear arms, and let some bastard soldier or police come and try to brutalize you, a bullet to the head will send a clear message. God bless USA a armed society is a polite society.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by kilokeys(m): 5:15am On Aug 15, 2012
Mr OP, thank God for ur life.. Feb 8 this yr i went shopping in cameroun (central Africa) during one of the open border free entry market days.. O boi. I come dey snap pictures. Na im some jandamarines, thier military guys hold me o put me for cell for 3hrs.on accounts of spying for boko haram as a nigerian. I am alive today for two reasons..God and the fact that they were bribable.. 100,000 francs saved d day sha. I was a corper , of which dem no send NYSC. I escaped with a fleeting bike and canoe. When i got back to naija.. I almost kissed the ground.. Lesson learnt : never use ur phone o.. U no be CNN.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by onatisi(m): 5:31am On Aug 15, 2012
ppl have to understand that in nigeria the men in uniform are marked men in any volatile situation.most of the time armed robbers have killed policemen even ithut the police officer chasing them,and in okene and other areas where militry men have been killed it as senseless and purel stupid to be using ur camera on them ,do u think it was a jamboree or circus?when one soldier dis killled by civilians these army guys run crazy ,thay guy was very very very LUCKY,if they had killed him nothing would have happened.nd the first question anybody will ask is WHY THE HELL WAS HE RECORDING THEM?WAS HE A JOURNALIST?WHAT BUSINESS DOES HE HAVE TO BE RECORDING THEM?
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 15, 2012
Next time if u c khaki bois on parade u go still video them.
Re: Beaten By Soldiers At Okene For Trying To Video Them by shilling(f): 5:55am On Aug 15, 2012
What a husband bunch of bullies. Thank God for the op's life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria / Dabiri-Erewa, NIDCOM Plead For Leniency As Ekweremadu Awaits UK Court Sentence / Wike Shuts Down 16 Schools In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.