Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Tribal Marks - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tribal Marks (2316 Views)

Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. / Tribal Marks: Are They Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribal Marks by madeinnigeria: 8:03am On Aug 15, 2012
What if your mother in-law came to visit ur home for the first time and on leaving her at home for work you found out that she had already given your child or children tribal marks..what will you do?
Re: Tribal Marks by queenyetty09(f): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2012
Kill her of course!
Re: Tribal Marks by 234GT(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Very simple. I will divorce my wife, disown the child and send my wife and child out of my house.
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
Without my knowledge and agreement?
Report her to the police.

In my husband culture, they used to do it on girls as young as 8-9 years. In the bush, not much in the cities anymore.

But, my mother fear his family to perform FGM, as it sadly is normal in many west-african countries. If they do so to my child, I will probably try to kill them. All the women involved. I would go to the police, the norwegian embassy in Gambia, I would go to the news, I would make hell not only for the women who did it,, but also for the whole gouverment.
I have also said that is I find out that any girls in the family get FGM done now, they will never, ever, recieve any kind of financial support about ANYTHING in their life.
And the last one would probably count for the tribal marks as well.

If my kid wish to get tribal marks when she is 15 years or older, no problem.
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2012
^^^^^^^as if your half-bred child even deserves tribal marks.
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^as if your half-bred child even deserves tribal marks.

Yes, she does.
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2012
JallowBah:

Yes, she does.

no she doesnt. shes a half-bred mongrel. tribal marks are only for full-blooded tribals as a mark of belonging, defending and preserving the tribe. cool
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no she doesnt. shes a half-bred mongrel. tribal marks are only for full-blooded tribals as a mark of belonging, defending and preserving the tribe. cool

Says YOU.
And frankly, my dear, I don`t give a damn.
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Says YOU.
And frankly, my dear, I don`t give a damn.

good. thats about it.

you whites hav a way of claiming things that doesnt belong to you.
Re: Tribal Marks by EfemenaXY: 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2012
JallowBah: Without my knowledge and agreement?
Report her to the police.

In my husband culture, they used to do it on girls as young as 8-9 years. In the bush, not much in the cities anymore.

But, my mother fear his family to perform FGM, as it sadly is normal in many west-african countries. If they do so to my child, I will probably try to kill them. All the women involved. I would go to the police, the norwegian embassy in Gambia, I would go to the news, I would make hell not only for the women who did it,, but also for the whole gouverment.
I have also said that is I find out that any girls in the family get FGM done now, they will never, ever, recieve any kind of financial support about ANYTHING in their life.
And the last one would probably count for the tribal marks as well.

If my kid wish to get tribal marks when she is 15 years or older, no problem.

But does anyone in your husband's immediate family still practice either of those, though? I mean tribal marks & female circumcision?

If so, then I would caution against leaving your kid(s) alone with them...
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

good. thats about it.

you whites hav a way of claiming things that doesnt belong to you.

Bleep it, I dont have to explain shi-t to you. Blah.
Just gonna ignore you`re attempts to put me down just because of my skin-colour from now on.

As far as I am conserned, you can kiss my big, white as-s. Bye, bye.
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
Efemena_xy:

But does anyone in your husband's immediate family still practice either of those, though? I mean tribal marks & female circumcision?

If so, then I would caution against leaving your kid(s) alone with them...

They SAY they dont do it now..according to my husband, they did it 20 years back, but he is not sure how they do now either. So yes, I am careful with leaving her alone with them. Especially later on.
Re: Tribal Marks by EfemenaXY: 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2012
Ah! You've got a girl then smiley

In that case, if I were you, she'd never leave my side!

But on a more serious note, you could just ask them outright too you know. Not in an antagonistic manner, but more like a friendly discussion with them, to get their views and opinions on those issues. That way, you'll know exactly where you stand.

@poster, I pray such evil never comes my way, else I go kill person o! My beautiful princess?? NEVER!! angry
Re: Tribal Marks by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2012
I don't joke when it comes to my kids. If my mother-in-law mutilated my children with tribal marks, I will brand both her cheeks and forehead with a red-hot iron. If my wife makes any attempt to defend her mom, she'll have to pack her stuff up, and leave.

No one messes with my kids, it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
Efemena_xy: Ah! You've got a girl then smiley

In that case, if I were you, she'd never leave my side!

But on a more serious note, you could just ask them outright too you know. Not in an antagonistic manner, but more like a friendly discussion with them, to get their views and opinions on those issues. That way, you'll know exactly where you stand.

@poster, I pray such evil never comes my way, else I go kill person o! My beautiful princess?? NEVER!! angry

The problem there is that only two of his siblings talk good english..one sister, one brother. The brother dont have the answers, but I wanted to talk to his sister the last time I was there. Not something you do over the phone..will try the next time, as I will live there for one full yearsmiley

On-topic: Tribal-marks should be chosen by the person who will wear it. Not others.
Re: Tribal Marks by Seun(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2012
Siena: I don't joke when it comes to my kids. If my mother-in-law mutilated my children with tribal marks, I will brand both her cheeks and forehead with a red-hot iron. If my wife makes any attempt to defend her mom, she'll have to pack her stuff up, and leave.

I agree with your sentiment, but I think you should not put the law into your own hands. You have a real legal system in the US!
Re: Tribal Marks by CrazyMan(m): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
Siena: I don't joke when it comes to my kids. If my mother-in-law mutilated my children with tribal marks, I will brand both her cheeks and forehead with a red-hot iron. If my wife makes any attempt to defend her mom, she'll have to pack her stuff up, and leave.

Seconded
Re: Tribal Marks by Johndoe100(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
Seun:
I agree with your sentiment, but I think you should not put the law into your own hands. You have a real legal system in the US!

And what we have in Nigeria is what? A fake legal system?
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2012
Seun:

yes kiss up to the west.
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2012
JallowBah:

Bleep it, I dont have to explain shi-t to you. Blah.
Just gonna ignore you`re attempts to put me down just because of my skin-colour from now on.

As far as I am conserned, you can kiss my big, white as-s. Bye, bye.

i dont care for your skin colour. you are not African so shut your inferiority complex and attempts to fit in. a pig cant become a stallion. it will always remain. a. pig.

and no one in their right mind would like to even go near your unwashed, stinking white backside. tongue
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 9:58pm On Aug 19, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i dont care for your skin colour. you are not African so shut your inferiority complex and attempts to fit in. a pig cant become a stallion. it will always remain. a. pig.

and no one in their right mind would like to even go near your unwashed, stinking white backside. tongue

If you did not care, you would not try to put me down either. Logic.
Where do I have inferiority complex? How am I trying to fit in here? By talking about things that actually has something to do with my life?
You still sound just like the white supremacy people. But almost even more dumb.

( And btw; my backside is probably cleaner than yours. )
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:15am On Aug 21, 2012
JallowBah:

If you did not care, you would not try to put me down either. Logic.
Where do I have inferiority complex? How am I trying to fit in here? By talking about things that actually has something to do with my life?
You still sound just like the white supremacy people. But almost even more dumb.

no but i care for your type of people. in a negative way ofcourse.

you have been trying to "become" one of us since the day you came here.

JallowBah:

( And btw; my backside is probably cleaner than yours. )

that is immpossible. there was a thread made on this issue. we know what your kind of people use instead of water. unhygenic people. angry
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 3:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

no but i care for your type of people. in a negative way ofcourse.

you have been trying to "become" one of us since the day you came here.

that is immpossible. there was a thread made on this issue. we know what your kind of people use instead of water. unhygenic people. angry

Go ask my husband what I use, dumba-s-s.

How am I trying to "become" one of you? Give me specific things. Proof it, dont throw out bull just trying to insult.
You are just racist, still paying taxes and money for the white goverment. Nice. Damn hypocrite.
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32am On Aug 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Go ask my husband what I use, dumba-s-s.

How am I trying to "become" one of you? Give me specific things. Proof it, dont throw out bull just trying to insult.
You are just racist, still paying taxes and money for the white goverment. Nice. Damn hypocrite.

as i said before, i show no real interest in your useless backside. check your archives. trying to be African since you joined, smh.

and i still make profit so dont use that taxation argument on me. it is very foolish of you after me profound explanations and i would not wish to explain it againt to a deaf wall.
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

as i said before, i show no real interest in your useless backside. check your archives. trying to be African since you joined, smh.

and i still make profit so dont use that taxation argument on me. it is very foolish of you after me profound explanations and i would not wish to explain it againt to a deaf wall.

Well, just stating the fact, since you try to fool yourself. You make money in "the white peoples world", so your taxes go for them. Dont need no science to see that one.

And; I dont need to check my archives, I am not the one stating I am trying to act african, thats you. So, when you make statements, get facts to back them up. If not, you are just showing off that you are, in fact, all talk.
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Well, just stating the fact, since you try to fool yourself. You make money in "the white peoples world", so your taxes go for them. Dont need no science to see that one.

And; I dont need to check my archives, I am not the one stating I am trying to act african, thats you. So, when you make statements, get facts to back them up. If not, you are just showing off that you are, in fact, all talk.

yes i make money form me, my family and my people. this money is around 5 time more than what i pay as taxation. so in the end, it is me and my people who profit from your white governments. the tax money is like what i never had. im still the winner. i sincerely hope more Nigerian and Africans emigrate to the west and take over your countries economically and otherwise, as the Indians, Chinese, etc, do.
Re: Tribal Marks by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 22, 2012
I thought this thread was about tribal marks. How did it then evolve into a slanging match between two grown-ups?
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes i make money form me, my family and my people. this money is around 5 time more than what i pay as taxation. so in the end, it is me and my people who profit from your white governments. the tax money is like what i never had. im still the winner. i sincerely hope more Nigerian and Africans emigrate to the west and take over your countries economically and otherwise, as the Indians, Chinese, etc, do.

Just like when I work. and pay taxes, most of the money go in my pocket. Thats kinda how it works.

And you still dont stand up for your bull-comments towards me.
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
Siena: I thought this thread was about tribal marks. How did it then evolve into a slanging match between two grown-ups?

It evolved from this dude here telling me bull just because I am white, not because I have different opinions than him.
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2012
JallowBah:

Just like when I work. and pay taxes, most of the money go in my pocket. Thats kinda how it works.

And you still dont stand up for your bull-comments towards me.

yes exactly. so you make more profit in the end. bufoon!
Re: Tribal Marks by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
Siena: I thought this thread was about tribal marks. How did it then evolve into a slanging match between two grown-ups?

it evolved from this white animal here who thinks she and her daughter are superior to African customs and tribal marks and that we are bush fellows and how she would like to "kill" us if anyone did that on her half-bred daughter. she thinks we Africans are all begging her to put tribal marks on her child when her child doesnt even deserve it in the first place and it is not meant for her.
Re: Tribal Marks by JallowBah(f): 9:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes exactly. so you make more profit in the end. bufoon!

...and the goverment still get some of my money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You rather ''take It To Your Grave''? / Things We Did As Kids...(funny But Awesome) / 7 Things Married And Unmarried Should Learn From Tiwa And Teebliz Melodrama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.