Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,632 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (17256 Views)

Nairaland Spammers/scammers Report Thread / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! / Spammers On Nairaland And My Former Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by r231(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
Can we pls stick to the topic

Thank you
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:
tell us dont hide nything tell us make we hear,cheap defence
I'm not defending anyone here, i was a victim, i'm still on the process of trying to recover a lot of documents i lost. I got a very disturbing message at the spam part of my e-mail messages i thought my anti virus programme was O.k enough for the defence but the PC broked down 5 secs after i opened the message, although the massage has got nothing to do with nairaland. I must have carelessly dropped my e-mail address somewhere out here.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by chucky234(m): 7:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
r231:

Boss pyguru is spambot
Does pyguru activate itself,why my thread if not the handy work of you mods.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Acidosis(m): 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
I got the email notification on my nairaland account.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:

you jus shot urself in the foot,u claim i dropped my email publicly ok good.then w[b]hy didnt i get the spam mail,why were the recipient selected?explain pls
[/b]

Rubbish, not everybody got the email, i did not get it and my email address is in one of my posts. You just keep making a fat fool of yourself as you post.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by onatisii: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise ,u claim i dropped my email ok ccepted,why didnt i get the spam mail ppl are complaining about if it ws only those emails mde public that were trgeted?h
how were the recipients of these spam mails selected and targeted?
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by onatisii: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Rubbish, not everybody got the email, i did not get it and my email address is in one of my posts. You just keep making a fat fool of yourself as you post.
THEN YOU ARE THE SCAAMMER HERE
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by babyacidtalk: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii: SEUN THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY NOW TO PROVE UR INNOCENCE NOT WHEN THAT MOD OF URS R123 IS BLOCKING AND HIDDING ALL COMMENTS THAT ARE BEEN POSTED ON UR EARLIER THREAD ,IF U WANT US TO BELIEVE U TELL THAT MONKEY TO RELESE LL ACCOUNTS HE HAS BLOCKED .CAN U BELIEVE THAT IDIOT IS BOASTING THAT HE WILL LOCK S MUCH AS 1000 ACCOUNTS OF PEOPLE THAT QUESTION HIS AUTHORITY

God bless you!!!
He has blecked my father and mother (acidtalk and mrs_acidtalk) today alone and hid all the post they both posted.

I suggested something on this forum to help Seun and ALL nairaland members but they are trying very hard not to let it known to all.

I believe now that they are carrying out Seun's instructions but he can't claim ignorance of this whole evil deeds of his moderators.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by onlinenoni: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
[size=18pt]for fools blaiming the MODS and seun this is how you get spammed

[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by ifyalways(f): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
Na wao.
Mods dey suffer oh, upon say na work no pay.

Didn't get no mail.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by tellwisdom: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
This site may go down like The WORLD TRADE CENTER if proper care is not taken!!

You probably think you are good enough to safeguard your site perhaps neglecting the voice of the members....SMH sad sad.

If only you know what most of us are capable of doing
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Odunnu: 7:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
tellwisdom: This site may go down like The WORLD TRADE CENTER if proper care is not taken!!

You probably think you are good enough to safeguard your site perhaps neglecting the voice of the members....SMH sad sad.

Success is very far from you with this mindset!
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
tellwisdom: This site may go down like The WORLD TRADE CENTER if proper care is not taken!!

What do you want as a reply to this your garbage now.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 7:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
ifyalways: Na wao.
Mods dey suffer oh, upon say na work no pay.

Didn't get no mail.
You can imagine that my sister.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nairaland Email was spoofed, fine! Somehow they managed to lay hold of our e-mail addresses. Possible work around include setting up another email or deleting all private posts. That is well understood.

What about those of us that do not want to change our emails but want to exit the system altogether? Is there no other way e.g deactivation? If not, can you kindly profer the reason why?

Also, I noted that I did not sign any contract when setting up my account e.g by ticking an "Agree" box. In the light of that what is my right concerning my posts, are they mine to do as i please or do they now belong to NL.

Once again, I am showing how this is connected with the topic, so it will be unfair if this is hidden as well.

Thirdly, some of these 'bad eggs' must have got to know us through certain threads we participated in, and while its fine to delete our post and leave a '.' or 'deleted', it would serve us better to have our posts totally hidden away as if it was hidden by a Mod. So why can't we have the ability to hide our posts so we no longer appear on threads we dislike.

Finally, what is the real problem with account deactivation??

I will appreciate if these concerns can be addressed here in line with the advice from Seun about these 'bad eggs' so others can learn from it.

Thank you
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by tellwisdom: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:

What do you want as a reply to this you garbage now.

Dude, either one out of you sold out emails secretly to business owners/marketers etc or a cyber punk is test driving his work with your site!

But seriously, why are you fighting so hard to defending the fact that these emails must have been sold out??
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
Scammers make use of trolling softwares wch scans and crawls d webpages for e-mail addresses.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by tellwisdom: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
Odunnu:
Success is very far from you with this mindset!

thickos would never understand....
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
tellwisdom:

Dude, either one out of you sold out emails secretly to business owners/marketers etc or a cyber punk is test driving his work with your site!

But seriously, why are you fighting so hard to defending the fact that these emails must have been sold out??
Only a fool will seal up his or her lips when he/she is been wrongly accused.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by playahP(m): 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
I tend to believe that seun might not be directly involved in this but the way these moderators block and ban users who express their views is quite suspicious!!!
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
Chaydee:

make dem finish this one abeg

Lmaooooo
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by chippyripp: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:
THEN YOU ARE THE SCAAMMER HERE

@ Onatisii You are making a big fool of your self here and your showing how daft and uneducated you are.Please stop misleading fellow nairalander because of your ignorance.i get spam mails from bank of america,wellsfargo,hsbc on a daily basis does that mean they are held accountable? the best they can do and seun is doing is to educate you people.Dont u people get mails from nigerian bank educating the masses about PHISHING. before you dumb illiterate come online take a minute and go to google.com and search how to secure your privacy online.Phishing is peculiar to any major company and this just shows that nairaland has grown.

NB:
Anybody that feels aggrieved can quit nairaland and stop posting rubbish about how seun and the mod want to rip you.Only if you people knew how much they put in making sure this site has 100% uptime.

Thnak you nairaland and justwise u helped me save 150k i was suppose to pay an agent for visa counseling.Only if u know how many other people u have help with this website.God Bless You

2 Likes

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by tellwisdom: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
Only a fool will seal up lips his or her when he/she is been wrongly accused.

You aren't guilty until proven otherwise......Why not wait till then??

A very convincing explanation as to why this is happening is all you need for now and not throwing punches at members, trying to drive a point home..
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sun of god:

Nice 'theory' . . .

Here's some of mine:

1) The email addresses were supplied by either Seun or a Mod for a fee?

2) A 'mod' has figured out seuns login (probably something like seun123 or seun419) and had captured the info?

3) GEJ ordered a 'cyber' campaign to start discrediting nairaland?

4) Seun whilst 'sleepwalking' sent the message but upon awakening has forgoten what he did whilst asleep?

5) Israel/Mossad sent an 'internet worm' to nairaland in error?

Number 3 is more than plausible.

Some basta*rd bot named Pyguru goes around blocking, banning and deleting Anti-GEJ comments. Soon, if they're not careful, this site will be turned into a virus/malware sending free-for-all warfare because these 40 Laptop guys can't keep harassing people that deviate from their sick ways of thinking through cyber bullying.

Lets just blame GEJ jo, f**k it!
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
tellwisdom:

You aren't guilty until proven otherwise......Why not wait till then??

A very convincing explanation as to why this is happening is all you need for now and not throwing punches at members trying to drive a point home
This means you have not read the very first post on this thread, so talking with you is of no use.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by tellwisdom: 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
chippyripp:

@ Onatisii You are making a big fool of your self here and your showing how daft and uneducated you are.Please stop misleading fellow nairalander because of your ignorance.i get spam mails from bank of america,wellsfargo,hsbc on a daily basis does that mean they are held accountable? the best they can do and seun is doing is to educate you people.Dont u people get mails from nigerian bank educating the masses about PHISHING. before you dumb illiterate come online take a minute and go to google.com and search how to secure your privacy online.Phishing is peculiar to any major company and this just shows that nairaland has grown.

NB:
Anybody that feels aggrieved can quit nairaland and stop posting rubbish about how seun and the mod want to rip you.Only if you people knew how much they put in making sure this site has 100% uptime.

Thnak you nairaland and justwise u helped me save 150k i was suppose to pay an agent for visa counseling.Only if u know how many other people u have help with this website.God Bless You

And how does that make me smile or should it have been my responsibility??
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by justwise(m): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
chippyripp:

NB:

Thank you, don't give that individual any attention, the word 'disgrace' should be his middle name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Latest Paying Ponzi Scheme / Seun Can We Have Cbox On Nairaland Please / Ritualists On Prowl In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.