Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (17251 Views)

Nairaland Spammers/scammers Report Thread / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! / Spammers On Nairaland And My Former Classmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Shaw007(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nairaland has rivals a lot of exceptionally e-smart rivals,some of which will like 2 see dis site 2 ruin. . .and if "IF they av help on d inside,maybe(possibly mods) as some are saying,MR seun. . .its it o!! Like my ppl av a say "if d war of the inside doesnt kill,the outside wont" but i really love this site and would hate 2 see it Go down

do some'In aboUt this sh¡t(s) man
GOD BLESS!!
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii: seun this is my last advice to you.your name sounds yoruba therefore i will give u an adage,alatisi lo mo atise ara e.you must understand nairaland is not a local site ,nigerians and non nigerians from all over the world visit this site to know and learn more about nigeria.the people that visit ur site far exceed the 900000 members that are registered.and this is given ur site a bad publicity many ppl will become weary of regitering now.all this problem can die down with a simple apology to all those affected and a promise to improve ur site security and employ capable hands as mods ,but if u keep dragging this issue all these mods will spoil ur good idea.that is my advice to you

Have you not embarrassed yourself enough? Seun has done what any decent human being will do by bringing this issue open and warn people, some of you keep talking nonsense since then. Were you affected?

Seun is really nice, left for me you will not be here now chatting dust, i would have helped leave nl ages ago.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 10:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
@ onatisii, you ved been noticed at least for now, there are consequences for consistent posting off topic. enough of the insults.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Shaw007(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
seedord247:

Who tell u say e nor dey work??

you nor how many pple don buy house thru am. Who even won hack bank account.. The highest money wey u don get for the account reach 50k. Mshewww
theres really no point haggling with ppl like you who eat 4rm stealing from ppl. . .theres ntn like making your money legitimately,hack all you want,you'll still be feeding 4rm what i make,UNDER what i make. . .steall 10million u can get away with it,steal a hundred it'l be different,and let me tell you this fool. . .bill gates makes $250 every second. . .and he doesnt even need 2 steal or hack anything. .unlike low-lifes like you

even d respected anonymous hacking team dont steal,they hack in2 d austrian accnt and ddnt take a penny,these are real rich guys that bliv in justice

so whats d point in stealing if God blesses you
"blessing"-i guess dats a foreign word 2 you
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by justwise(m): 10:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
seedord247:

you nor how many pple don buy house thru am. Who even won hack bank account.. The highest money wey u don get for the account reach 50k. Mshewww

Rubbish, yahoo yahoo business does not pay some of you, how many houses have you built since you started sending scam emails and other frauds? Your dodgy pass will catch up with you one day there in US.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by justwise(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Shaw007: theres really no point haggling with ppl like you who eat 4rm stealing from ppl. . .theres ntn like making your money legitimately,hack all you want,you'll still be feeding 4rm what i make,UNDER what i make. . .steall 10million u can get away with it,steal a hundred it'l be different,and let me tell you this fool. . .bill gates makes $250 every second. . .and he doesnt even need 2 steal or hack anything. .unlike low-lifes like you

even d respected anonymous hacking team dont steal,they hack in2 d austrian accnt and ddnt take a penny,these are real rich guys that bliv in justice

so whats d point in stealing if God blesses you
"blessing"-i guess dats a foreign word 2 you

Thank you!!! he is a known scammer here.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Shaw007(m): 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
seedord247:

so to you nOw. . Success ends with building houses and buying cars. . .demented soul
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Shaw007(m): 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

Thank you!!! he is a known scammer here.
why not just block d fool,his foolishness and stu.pidity is so annoying
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Shaw007: why not just block d fool,his foolishness and stu.pidity is so annoying

He is keeping low profile with this ID, cos he knows it will be gone the moment he starts his scammming activities here.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by icon2: 10:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hungry is the least offensive word †Φ use... How else do Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ explain someone
Being online for almost 24/7...
r231:

Do you think MODs are hungry or something undecided undecided
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by 2sexy(m): 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
pdudy: @Seun- I as a nairaland user was very angry at the recent developments cos I was sent the mail. But in expressing my displeasure, I was banned by you and your mods (my username pDude). Is this how to run a business? Like a Nazi?

I believe r231 should be disciplined by you (if you are serious about your site) because he was very rude and abusive to me and also he was very clueless to what was happening which make him an incompetent customer service representative.
Even the one at the business section does not know the work of a moderator... That's why people get scammed on there. I wrote to Seun at his gmail account but never got a reply.

How could you be a moderator and someone is scamming and you couldnt do anything? People come on the business section and post nonsense that are of no value, everybody is a seller... But when I wrote a thread on things should be done and to show the basic rules for business which also help to educate members as a way to prevent being scammed, the mod move that thread to the advert section. But a week before that, someone called alparifx came on board claiming to have something to sell and under the watchful eyes of a mod, he scammed them.

All the mod could say is that they cant monitor all post. Really? In fact, why should there be a moderator if we already have a spam bot?
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii: seun this is my last advice to you.your name sounds yoruba therefore i will give u an adage,alatisi lo mo atise ara e.you must understand nairaland is not a local site ,nigerians and non nigerians from all over the world visit this site to know and learn more about nigeria.the people that visit ur site far exceed the 900000 members that are registered.and this is given ur site a bad publicity many ppl will become weary of regitering now.all this problem can die down with a simple apology to all those affected and a promise to improve ur site security and employ capable hands as mods ,but if u keep dragging this issue all these mods will spoil ur good idea.that is my advice to you
You 've just spent less than 3hrs on this site and you already know how bad the mods are.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by justwise(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
You 've just spent less than 3hrs on this site and you already know how bad the mods are.

This is his second ID, the other ID was banned.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by seedord247(m): 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

Rubbish, yahoo yahoo business does not pay some of you, how many houses have you built since you started sending scam emails and other frauds? Your dodgy pass will catch up with you one day there in US.

I definitely know you gonna attacked me.. what makes you think i'm a scammer?

Calling you names is a waste of time. Since you have come ac-crossed my post, have you ever see me asking pple for

business or put up my email on here for private purpose. If u follow most of my comments on here you will know that i

hardly take anything serious. I'm joking with those things bcus i know most of it thru my frnd back in aptech naija.

If i wanna scam as you prescribed, i worked for a big time company and i dey get customers details including

celebrities info every minutes. which is, if i wanna do it i would've have be a big time f**king millionaire. But i

dont bcus i strongly believed in Karma.

Shaw007: so to you nOw. . Success ends with building houses and buying cars. . .demented soul

Mr ITK.

I don't know if the word "overlooked" is in your brain . If fools like you see the way you attacked my comments now, they will think you are saint.

I don't have time for insults today shaaa.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by onatisii: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise:

This is his second ID, the other ID was banned.
ODE
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by 2sexy(m): 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii: SEUN LISTEN CAREFULLY ,WE LOVE U BECAUSE U ARE INTELLIGENT AND SO FAR NICE ALTHOUGH U TOO ARE LOOKING FOR MONEY,BUT AS MUCH AS WE LIKE U WE CANNOT STAND AND FOLD OUR ARMS WHILE OUR LIVES,DIGNITY AND RESPECT IS BEEN TRAMPLED UPON BY SOME CHEAP DUMB EMPTY SKULL CALLED MODS,THESE MODS WILL PUT YOU IN TROUBLE IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFULL ,EVERYONE HAS BEEN TELLING YOU THIS BUT YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO IGNORE THOSE ADVICES.I WILL EVEN SUGGEST YOU RUN A AECURITY CHECK ON THEM.AND AS PER ARROGANCE THEY HAVE NO RIVAL.NL SHOULD HAVE BEEN BOASTING OF 6MILLION MEMBER BY NOW BUT UR MODS ARE KILLING PPL MORALE.ONE PERSON THAT IS NOT HAPPY IS ENOUGH TO CONVINCE 10 PPL NOT TO REGISTER.LIKE I ALWAYS TELL MY FRIEND READ BUT DONT REGISTER N NL.GET RID OF THESE TOUT U CALL MODS
I even wrote to Seun about the way the business section is being handled and I made him to understand that if things were done rightly, nairaland has the capacity to transform lives money-wise. But NEVER got a reply, not even to acknowledge that I care about the future of this forum. Tell me, he I had an idea, do you think I would want to share?

I belong to an international business forum with a population far greater than NL but hardly do you see nonsense post.

It only a matter of time before Nairaland get displaced. Go ask hi5, myspace, yahoo.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by onatisii: 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
i dont need to spend yrs with someone to know how rotten he or she is
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by onatisii: 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
instead of u to sit down and look te the issues ppl have raised against you ,you mods are still adamant,ho many ppl hve said something good bout u mods today,all u mods ougt to be ashamed of urselves,ordinary moderaating job u are messing it up,well it is seun that has the fault of employing ssce f9students,that doesnt know that spming is illegal in some countries,nother doesnt know fb accounts are hacked on a daily basis one says he recieves spam mails from bank of america and welfrgo,shallow minds.in fact ur case is with seun do as u like,when the site runs down we will move somewhere else.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by r231(m): 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
so you are still here undecided undecided
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Freiburger(m): 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:
instead of u to sit down and look te the issues ppl have raised against you ,you mods are still adamant,ho many ppl hve said something good bout u mods today,all u mods ougt to be ashamed of urselves,ordinary moderaating job u are messing it up,well it is seun that has the fault of employing ssce f9students,that doesnt know that spming is illegal in some countries,nother doesnt know fb accounts are hacked on a daily basis one says he recieves spam mails from bank of america and welfrgo,shallow minds.in fact ur case is with seun do as u like,when the site runs down we will move somewhere else.
I already know whom you are, don't worry, i'll do a better job starting with you since your own mission is taking on the mods as you 've been doing with your main ID.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by onatisii: 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
I already know whom you are, don't worry, i'll do a better job starting with you since your own mission is taking on the mods as you 've been doing with your main ID.
i dey go sleep do ur worst
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by 2sexy(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/969857/bad-news-all-betonmarkets-traders

that is the link to thread in which people got scammed under the watchful eyes of a mod.

https://www.nairaland.com/975891/invitation-tired-lies-scams-nairaland

And thats the thread I wrote which was moved to advert section by mod.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by seedord247(m): 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:

Brossss e never reach that one naw. Pls nor pray make this site go down oooo. Bcus if he go down he go affect me and some of my clique on here o o o.

You can insult and curse the MOD as long as you want. A tru moderator must look for a way to put things in order like seun did. Not the one's here that are fulll of nepotism. shocked

But there's one proverb in yoruba that says, if you dont have a thing u can never know the value of the thing. sad
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by r231(m): 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
onatisii:
i dey go sleep do ur worst

why now undecided undecided
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by dealordea(m): 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
Seun!!! I smh on this thread... People using extractor to get emails of user's are wasting their time!!! A simple index of ...... Will enable me get to all info of all email registered on Nairaland without hassle... Only a yahoo junkie waste time spamming people.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by 2sexy(m): 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
deal_ordea: Seun!!! I smh on this thread... People using extractor to get emails of user's are wasting their time!!! A simple index of ...... Will enable me get to all info of all email registered on Nairaland without hassle... Only a yahoo junkie waste time their spamming people.
huh?
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by hustla(m): 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sun of god:

Nice 'theory' . . .

Here's some of mine:

1) The email addresses were supplied by either Seun or a Mod for a fee?

2) A 'mod' has figured out seuns login (probably something like seun123 or seun419) and had captured the info?

3) GEJ ordered a 'cyber' campaign to start discrediting nairaland?

4) Seun whilst 'sleepwalking' sent the message but upon awakening has forgoten what he did whilst asleep?

5) Israel/Mossad sent an 'internet worm' to nairaland in error?

Are u being stupid on purpose?
The emails wld have been extracted using email harvesters and sending with advanced mass sender with a dedicated smtp server and u r ere ranting lyk a rabid fowl..
Use ya sense naa!
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by dealordea(m): 12:04am On Aug 16, 2012
hustla:

Are u being stupid on purpose?
The emails wld have been extracted using email harvesters and sending with advanced mass sender with a dedicated smtp server and u r ere ranting lyk a rabid fowl..
Use ya sense naa!

My guy, don't mind that mumu!!! A simple AMS can allow you to relay millions of email's using RDP which will bypass any channel to your inbox using SMTP... Only a fool will think seun supplied all info

2 Likes

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by softtouch2(m): 12:06am On Aug 16, 2012
Some users are so dogmatically biz minded, that they even display their account number on Nairaland undecided undecided undecided

Your security and safe is your personal responsibility.

My advise to Seun and Other Mods:
Please make provision for users to de-activate themselves, and get all their posts, threads etc erased.

1 Like

Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2012
Hmm! I haven't gotten any mail since 2 days now.hope my email hasn't been hacked.btw I really pity Seun at this moment.this is the result u get when u trust someone so much! When someone suffer to achieve so much in life another person will want to destroy it.Seun my dear u gotta be careful cos u really have lot of judas infested people trying to destroy ur good works.May the lord see u through.amen.
Re: How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? by Knetpro(m): 12:46am On Aug 16, 2012
andyanders:

What you stated above is the truth on how nairaland member's emails got compromised. Seun, the moderator can NEVER be held liable as people can use any kind "extractor"of tools to extract members emails. What Seun did by alerting members is/was the best thing to have done to members on nairaland.
So Seun, keep up your good work with your team. Long live Seun and long live Naraland members. Woe unto those people that hack these emails from nairaland.

I agree completely with andyanders. In a situation where any individual could have been responsible for carrying out a particular action as is the case here, no specific person can be accused of having performed the act.

I am certain that there must be a term that the legal luminaries use to describe the situation that we have on our hands right now. I am not a learned man, so l do not know the term. But, one thing is certain. This is a case that you cannot win even in a court of law.

The fact that the reply-to was bearing is not sufficient to accuse either Seun or his stooges of any malpractice. It is an "evidence" that any judge - even one with half a brain - would fling out through the bathroom window!

So, if anyone accuses the mods of having sold or exchanged the e-mails to spammers for some favour, then the person is only being naive and callous.
angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Latest Paying Ponzi Scheme / Ritualists On Prowl In Osun / Seun Can We Have Cbox On Nairaland Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.