Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California (27049 Views)

Niyola, EME First Lady Takes A Selfie With Just Her Underwears (PHOTO) / Pictures Of Davido, Wizkid, Skales And Olamide With Their Girlfriend!! / Photo: Bankyw, Wizkid & Skales’ Run For Dear Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2012
OKAY!!!

Why would you waste your money on EME artists?!!

The only Nigerian acts that are worth seeing on stage remains Tuface & Duncan Mighty..

M.I and the Chocboy crew are also terrible on stage..

Sorry you got duped by ........
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by ANYPEN(m): 10:19am On Aug 16, 2012
this is serious!
Let's hope we here. their own part of the story soon.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by queensmith: 10:20am On Aug 16, 2012
come back- you paid $100 to see wizkid? oboii i wont even pay that much to see beyonce! haha!
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 10:20am On Aug 16, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^ Because they're the ones doing all the talking. Like I said, it's becoming apparent that Banky W and the rest knew that the shows would be cancelled, yet the three of them kept promoting the show. Banky W is the one who made the phone call. Banky W issued the apology. The three of them are as involved as anyone else.

Don't let anyone confuse you. The money goes to EME, company owned solely by Banky W. Without receiving the money, the artist doesn't confirm that they are coming. They obviously won't perform to one person in the audience. The way they measure this is by collecting the money in advance.

When your heart is not in something and you do it because of you are competing for fame or contract this is what happens. Lies! Fraud! Incompetence.

EME is solely owned by Banky W. Don't let anyone confuse you.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2012
queensmith: come back- you paid $100 to see wizkid? oboii i wont even pay that much to see beyonce! haha!

$100 for two VIP tickets.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2012
ogugua88: ^^^ Because they're the ones doing all the talking. Like I said, it's becoming apparent that Banky W and the rest knew that the shows would be cancelled, yet the three of them kept promoting the show. Banky W is the one who made the phone call. Banky W issued the apology. The three of them are as involved as anyone else.

Sh'i't happens but life goes on.I'm not to defend these guys because it's your money that is involved but what I detest it accusing them of fraud simply because the show was cancelled due factors beyond their control.

Sure they would need to do a PR since they are the artists the fans know.I'm sure you will still blame them if they had kept mute also.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:
Sh'i't happens but life goes on.I'm not to defend these guys because it's your money that is involved but what I detest it accusing them of fraud simply because the show was cancelled due factors beyond their control.

Sure they would need to do a PR since they are the artists the fans know.I'm sure you will still blame them if they had kept mute also.

It's not fraud because they cancelled their show. It's fraud because they've refused to pay anyone back as of 2011. It's fraud because they kept pushing ticket sales when they were preparing a cancellation statement and an apology in the background.

@obowunmi, thanks for clarifying smiley

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by queensmith: 10:25am On Aug 16, 2012
obowunmi: His show is in NYC/Minnesota sucked. It was soo horrible, tactless...and just gross. He was sweating like a pig on stage and his bald headed self, tries too hard to please his non-existent female fans.

Banky W is a fraud, a talentless and unprofessional being. He is a LIAR too, a LIAR. I know this guy personally and he is nothing to write home about.

I know he is prepping for his career in Nigerian politics with his "fake" and self promotional documentaries on nonexistent and delusional "change" coming to Nigeria..Nigerian youths worship him like his God.... He tried defrauding Bankole Omishore in DC/MD years ago.

Well, everyday for the thief one day for the owner. I'm not surprised.

Mods remove the guys name abeg, if this is an unfounded claim this statement is essentially slanderous
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Okijajuju1(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2012
queensmith: come back- you paid $100 to see wizkid? oboii i wont even pay that much to see beyonce! haha!

I wont even pay 100 naira to buy his pirated CD.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by queensmith: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2012
obowunmi: Before running back to Nigeria, Bankole Omishore was/is a credit card thief. His closest friend, Adeniyi Adeyemi was arrested for fraud, but FBI couldn't nail Bankole. I can assure you that he will be next.

Bankole Omishore is a thief and a petty credit thief. He steals for a living.

Not sure how he has gotten this far into Nigerian politics but Nigerian youths have to be weary of him. He too is a FRAUD and thief.

shocked seriously what did the guy do to you!!
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by basher(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2012
fittty: This is what u get when u pay local artist to perfom in d international scene..... Besides who knows or listen to these dead nigerian artist music abroad? undecided only those yoruba boys in london, yankee..

Leave matter o! They are worshipped like gods by some Nigerians in the UK. Come and see how these girls (mostly dumb single mama lagos girls I must admit) throw themselves at these guys!

We get down to their music big time though; "we don't know what it means, but it gets the crowd going".
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2012
ogugua88:

It's not fraud because they cancelled their show. It's fraud because they've refused to pay anyone back as of 2011.

@obowunmi, thanks for clarifying smiley

If you think it's the artists that will refund your money,I guess you'd have to wait till further notice.Sorry but I have to tell you even if you dont want to hear about the show organizers and promoters.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by queensmith: 10:33am On Aug 16, 2012
ogugua88:

$100 for two VIP tickets.

does the vip include a strip tease from banky w himself? not that i will like one but i will at least want to feel like im getting value for my money! cheesy
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2012
queensmith:

shocked seriously what did the guy do to you!!

Cant you see I didnt respond to him the first time he quoted me ? I sensed that he has a personal hatred for banky and it really got to the @OP . too bad.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by phraze(m): 10:40am On Aug 16, 2012
You guys don't know how to sue people and Watch èm beg you to drop the case o. If i were involved, woulda sued PMAN First, Banky W, and then the whole of E.M.E. Either way one of the sued must comply. Never be afraid to go to court because if you do you might likely get a huge number of sympathizers who would even bring down organisations to make sure you win or get heavily compensated. Never Say Never.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by ozoneamani: 10:41am On Aug 16, 2012
Guy! I think you should also contact the America Embassy in both Nigeria and the one in the States so that they will know how to deal with them. Either they will refund or rescheldue the show before they are allowed to stage any show in that country again.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by lalaboi(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2012
Wow. Been following up on some nasty tweets about their tour on twitter. . . Its bad enough they cancelled last year, but to cancel again a year later, something dodgy must be going on. Excuses where not even clear enough. I feel una pain, If i paid $100 for a show that didnt happen i gats get my refund mehn, Ogogua u are taking this lightly o. since last year? naaah

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2012
Queensmith what are you: wife, girlfriend, or groupie...identify your status.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by KikiDixy(f): 10:44am On Aug 16, 2012
This is a bit weird though..Don't you get refunded from POS (point of sale) of purchase if an event is cancelled? And if the promoters were selling tickets by themselves as well, why aren't people facing them rather than the artiste/ Label?

it can't be as simple as you buy a ticket and it goes straight into Banky W's account now, haba. I assume the promoters will be angling for a refund on their appearance fees/ adverts/promo expenses etc they paid to the label/artistes, but the fans who bought tickets would attempt to get refunds from the POS or promoters. And then if that fails take it to legal quarters, rather than running smear campaigns on social websites. Or was everything word of mouth and not contractual?

The promoter should be working with the label to refund people
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 16, 2012
This is not good. I respected Banky W a lot. cry
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:47am On Aug 16, 2012
without prejudice....WHAT DOES WIZKID,SKALES AND BANKY W have to offer musically to deserve all dis HYPE...dis is why nigeria is FUNNY...OVERNITE AND SYNTHETIC CELEBRITIES..This guys are not YET HEROS...YET THEY CANT JUST SETTLE DOWN CALMLY TO REALLY TELL THEMSELVES THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER.....
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2012
KikiDixy: This is a bit weird though..Don't you get refunded from POS (point of sale) of purchase if an event is cancelled? And if the promoters were selling tickets by themselves as well, why aren't people facing them rather than the artiste/ Label?

it can't be as simple as you buy a ticket and it goes straight into Banky W's account now, haba. I assume the promoters will be angling for a refund on their appearance fees/ adverts/promo expenses etc they paid to the label/artistes, but the fans who bought tickets would attempt to get refunds from the POS or promoters. And then if that fails take it to legal quarters, rather than running smear campaigns on social websites. Or was everything word of mouth and not contractual?

People who paid the promoters cash got their refunds. People who paid online via EME's site or a site they put up have not received refunds.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 16, 2012
KikiDixy: This is a bit weird though..Don't you get refunded from POS (point of sale) of purchase if an event is cancelled? And if the promoters were selling tickets by themselves as well, why aren't people facing them rather than the artiste/ Label?

Touche. . . .thank you sir for your insightful contribution.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by adigunomomama(m): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2012
I hope this don't end here

Where A̶̲̥̅̊яε̲̣̣̣̥ thos press ooooooooo

Chai! Obe lo so yin ooooo

This cool cash! Mehn! People go rush this story for market.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2012
It's a cut-throat business. All the 'God don bless me', I'm driving Range Rover and living in Lekki Phase 1 nonsense must be achieved/ maintained by any means necessary - seldom by genuine means. Let's not kid ourselves. No mercy for those who they 'swindled' - especially the swooning females. They reinforce the hype and the fake life these goons live for, so they should take it in their stride.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 16, 2012
Advance Fee Fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 16, 2012
pro01: It's a cut-throat business. All the 'God don bless me', I'm driving Range Rover and living in Lekki Phase 1 nonsense must be achieved/ maintained by any means necessary - seldom by genuine means. Let's not kid ourselves. No mercy for those who they 'swindled' - especially the swooning females. They reinforce the hype and the fake life these goons live for, so they should take it in their stride.

Well, I'm not a swooning female. I attend all shows by Africans, primarily Nigerians, as a funny means of patriotism. If you attend their shows, more artists will come.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 16, 2012
pro01: It's a cut-throat business. All the 'God don bless me', I'm driving Range Rover and living in Lekki Phase 1 nonsense must be achieved/ maintained by any means necessary - seldom by genuine means. Let's not kid ourselves. No mercy for those who they 'swindled' - especially the swooning females. They reinforce the hype and the fake life these goons live for, so they should take it in their stride.

Haba. . . .swooning is a verb not an adverb na. grin
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by blackbeau1(f): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2012
wandeay: so people can pay such money to look @ wizkid's face that am seeing nearly everyday
on the television? Or you just want to let us know that you leave close to wizkid?
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by fstranger8: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2012
@OP: I have no sympathy for you or anyone for that matter. You want American accent, well you got it: Banky W. Banky W was never talented in the first place. How he became an household name in Nigeria can only be explained by people like you willing to pay 100 bucks to go watch him and his 'cute face' and 'nice Americanized accent.'

Well, he has brought his American honed skills to Nigeria and mastered the difficult art of duping loose, gullible, impressionable female fans like yourself. Suck it up, it is a game and you lost. Stop whining and GTFOH.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by fstranger8: 11:13am On Aug 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Haba. . . .swooning is a verb not an adverb na. grin
Olodo FUTA graduate. That guy is miles better than you. Ode oshi. verb ko, berv ni. He used it correctly as an adjective. Ode iranu!

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 16, 2012
Banky W and crew never planned on coming to California, due to distance. Leaked DM's from twitter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Checkout Yemi Alade's New Hairstyle (see Photo) / BamBam Becomes Micserah First Ambassador / Question Of The Day: Kiss Daniel Or Korede Bello? Who's Handsomer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.