Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,576 members, 7,812,874 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California (27031 Views)

Niyola, EME First Lady Takes A Selfie With Just Her Underwears (PHOTO) / Pictures Of Davido, Wizkid, Skales And Olamide With Their Girlfriend!! / Photo: Bankyw, Wizkid & Skales’ Run For Dear Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2012
Ladies and gentlemen, this is long, so please bear with me. No vex.

This post is to inform everyone of the nonsense that some of our Nigerian musicians pull abroad. It is understood that there may be hiccups along the road of a tour, and some cancellations. This is not unique to our artists; it happens to artists all over. However, many of those who cancel their shows do so in a professional manner and make every effort to either refund their fans, or reschedule the show. EME has cancelled shows in the US in the rudest and most abrupt manner, and it needs to be known.

In June of 2011, an EME Tour featuring Wizkid, Skales, and Banky W was announced. It was heavily hyped by many Nigerian media outlets, including www.jaguda.com and www.korrectnation.com:

[url=http://www.jaguda.com/2011/05/18/africa%e2%80%99s-recording-powerhouse-empire-mate-entertainment-announces-2011-empire-world-order-tour/]Africa’s Recording Powerhouse, Empire Mate$ Entertainment, Announces 2011 Empire World Order Tour[/url]

Win Tickets To See Banky W, Wizkid, & Skales [EME] Live in Concert | US Tour

Empire Mates Entertainment (EME) Announces 2011 Empire World Order Tour

They were to visit many cities including San Jose in my California. The California show was scheduled for 23 July 2011. The show was to be done by Califoria promoting team, Royal Entertainment. Royal Entertainment made an event page on Facebook and were promoting the event on Twitter. Promoters drove distances in northern California, and went as far south as Los Angeles (almost 1.5 hours flight/7-hour drive), selling tickets and handing out flyers. It was, hands down, the most hyped event of the year. Hundreds of people purchased tickets immediately, scheduled flights, called off work and made plans with friends and family to attend what was to be California's biggest show. Here's the promo video for the July 2011 San Jose show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OstlZ6fifuY&feature=channel&list=UL

News broke on 22 June, just two days shy of the first show in Washington DC, that the DC show had been cancelled and that shows in the remaining cities were indefinitely postponed. Rumor had it that Wizkid and Skales were denied US visas.

Wizkid, Skales Denied American Visas

This was never confirmed by anyone of EME. Nonetheless, Banky W issued an apology:

As far as the EME tour goes… it hurts me to say we tried our very best to pull it off. We did everything we were supposed to. Twice. Truth is, there were some issues that are beyond our control, and we kept pushing, trying to resolve 'em. We worked hard and spent a sh*t load of money in the process… but it wasn't under our control.

In anycase, we're STILL working on resolving said issues. And the minute they are, we'll launch a couple of make up dates immediately. I want to give a shoutout to all the fans who have been so patient with us. I promise, we're trying our very best. It sucks but we're trying. They say "U live and U learn". We've learnt too many painful lessons from this whole experience. We'll be back stronger in Jesus Name.
If you bought tickets already, ur entitled to a full refund. Trust me we'd rather be rocking with u than losing money, so pls understand. And lastly, we will resolve these issues we're having. And the minute we do, we'll put together a couple of make up dates. I'll be the first to let you know when that's happening, I promise'. Thank you, I'm very very sorry. But I promise we'll make it up. Stick with us we'll make this work.

SOURCE

Please see the bolded in the apology; I will explain the red later. Banky W, representative of EME, promised a full refund. That show was scheduled for 23 July 2011. It is now 15 August 2012. I have not received any refund from EME. I paid online, so the $100 I paid should have gone straight back to my account. I haven't seen anything.

Over the last year, I have mercilessly hassled Royal Entertainment for my refund but only encountered dead ends. The money I sent went to EME and not Royal Entertainment. They were just as in the dark as I was. I become frustrated and considered my money lost.

Fast forward to July of 2012. Wizkid, Skales and crew were in the US again for a few shows. Within time, another EME Tour was announced, and more shows were added to the EME schedule. This year's California show was to be scheduled for 17 August 2012, this time, in Oakland, CA.

Note this: Royal Entertainment did not contact EME for a California show. Rather, EME contacted Eche, promoter for Royal Entertainment.

Wizkid, Skales, and Banky W have been doing an EME Tour in the United States this summer. They have performed in states such as New York, Rhode Island, and Minnesota. California's concert was scheduled for the 17th of August at New Karibbean City in Oakland, CA. There are pictures of Skales' and Wizkid's tweets, confirming the show below. This is the promo video for this year's show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBTBM6SDZUk&feature=player_embedded

Yesterday, 14 August 2012, Royal Entertainment got a phone call from EME. Their show in Oakland, CA, along with the show(s) in Canada had been cancelled. Reason? These are the words of EME: "Something huge came up. We can't perform in your city or even Canada this weekend. We are sorry but this is huge."

Here is Banky W's apology for the 2012 cancellation, taken from twitter:

Hey folks... The Cali and Canada stops on the tour have unfortunately been canceled. Due to circumstances way beyond anyone's control. Truthfully it takes a lot to put on a tour. A million & one factors go into it. Along the way, sadly, sometimes, inevitably, things go wrong. And when it's out of your control, There's not much you can do about it at that point but learn lessons & do better next time. Truth be told, we take a pay cut while attempting something like this. A serious one. But that's okay cuz of the love the fans have shown us and the love we have for them in return. We're not in the business of blame games and pointing fingers. When shit hits the fan, we all look bad. So our sincere deepest apologies go to the fans in Cali & Canada, who wanted to be at the shows.. You will get refunded 100% for ur tickets. On behalf of EME and the promoters, we're all very sorry about Cali and Canada. We will work tirelessly to make this up to the fans there. With that being said DC, Chicago and ATL will definitely still be happening & We'll do our absolute best 2 make them the best shows possible. We really do appreciate all of the support, love and even the criticism. We're working to make sure yall remain proud of us. Thank you. Thank u very much for your understanding. We appreciate you all. And we don't take any of you for granted. We wouldn't be here without yall. Like I said, DC, Chicago, and atlanta will still be happening; and we're going to put on the best shows possible for you guys there. Thanks again. God bless y'all. God go make all of us bigger. We're grateful and we Love y'all forever for sticking with us.

Do take note of the bolded. I am doubtful of this year's refund situation. I only hope that this year's fans are not victims of fraud like myself and others in 2011.

As for the red, I highlighted them to show the similarities between the 2012 apology and the 2011 apology. Either he copied/pasted/paraphrased last year's apology or they have mastered disappointing fans. I am not only disappointed. I am crushed. I have been for over a year now. As for the promoters? Words cannot describe the stabbing in the back they have received.

Banky W said "we don't take any of you for granted". Lie. As you saw, the reason EME gave for the canceled California show was beyond vague. They were no longer picking calls from the promoters. One of them, @ogidika, took to twitter and asked why the show was canceled. Both Wizkid and Skales blocked him immediately. The promoter was not the only one blocked. Wizkid, or whomever controlled his account yesterday, blocked everyone asking questions about the show in California. So much for "we love y'all forever".

Just like that. 2 years in a row, Royal Entertainment and Californians have been screwed by Wizkid, Skales, Banky W, and the rest. Refunds from the 2011 show have not been issued. Flight tickets are unrefundable. If it was just one year, then fine. That one was understandable. We swallowed that pill and moved on (most of us anyway; I was persistantly asking for my refund). Two years in a row with the lamest of explanations is unfair, disrespectful, and unprofessional.

So, there you have it. You think it's only drug and sex traffickers tarnishing Nigeria's name. Entertainers have followed suit. Calling EME fraudulent isn't even an understatement. They are the new 419. If they haven't refunded anyone from last year's cancelled tour, how will they refund people from this year? A lot of tickets were purchased because of Wizkid's multiple confirmations on his twitter page.

California is angry and disappointed. Good luck to them ever getting booked for another show on our soil ever again.

New developments. Apparently Banky W and EME knew from the beginning that the California and Canada shows would be cancelled. Still, they (Wizkid, Banky W, and Skales) kept hyping the events, and had the promoters doing the same, leading to more concert and flight tickets purchased.

LEAKED TWITTER DM'S ON THE BOTTOM OF PAGE 1 AND PAGE 2

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2012
Eche's tweets. (Read from the bottom up on each picture for order's sake).

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2012
I'm not surprised.

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 16, 2012
Lol @ nonexistent female fans. Tell me about it.

I heard that show in NYC was terrible as well.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to be straightforward. I'm glad you mentioned him going into politics. He's always being an activist and he's frauding us here. If I mention to him my missing money from last year, he'll probably block me too. I wish a lawsuit could be filed, truly.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by admitme(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2012
Thought Banky was a star why the Beefing. Didnt You here him say "I'm the baddest Boss".

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2012
They're rogues. Sons of Obasanjo.

obowunmi: He tried defrauding Bankole Omishore in DC/MD years ago.

Apparently, Banks Omishore was involved in this.

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by livapul86(m): 9:43am On Aug 16, 2012
ogugua88: They're rogues. Sons of Obasanjo.
Eyaah! Nne, Ndo. I suggest you guys that were scammed try to create a facebook page to Warn others and give them as much bad publicity as possible. If one of you have any sort of media contact especially Press in Nigeria then write the person with details of the fraud. Don't keep Quiet.

8 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2012
k angry angry

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Chanchit: 9:52am On Aug 16, 2012
Nxt time wait till the last minute, when the artist has arrived ur city, before u get a ticket, Btw Rick Ross, Kofi Olomide, Mary Jblige have all done same to Nigeria in the past, so enjoy ur anguish...
BTW i'll be really happy, if its true that they chop that Ogugua gurl money, with all ur nerdy glass, u still dey fall maga..

@ Obowunmi, is it Obo, the female own, or Obo, for Monkey...

BankyW, wei do head like luxurious bus, if thats the lie he's been feeding u guys.... He's jst in limbo...
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2012
livapul86: Eyaah! Nne, Ndo. I suggest you guys that were scammed try to create a facebook page to Warn others and give them as much bad publicity as possible. If one of you have any sort of media contact especially Press in Nigeria then write the person with details of the fraud. Don't keep Quiet.

We're already on Facebook. Thanks for suggesting other media outlets. I'll definitely look into that.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/103551703124540/
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by 193: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2012
I aint suprise.d

Never been a fan of these hoodlums
Not in my past, present or future, I aint suprise.d dey've defrauded lots of people with these concerptof theirs,and I'm 100% sure not a single dime would be refunded

I can never see myself snapping up a ticket 2 go see banky or wizkid
I rather feed d pigeons

Sorry ogugua - take heart, @least now u know better
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by 193: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2012
obowunmi: Before running back to Nigeria, Bankole Omishore was/is a credit card thief. His closest friend, Adeniyi Adeyemi was arrested for fraud, but FBI couldn't nail Bankole. I can assure you that he will be next.

Bankole Omishore is a thief and a petty credit thief. He steals for a living.

Not sure how he has gotten this far into Nigerian politics but Nigerian youths have to be weary of him. He too is a FRAUD and thief.

Can u imagine, and this is someone that rolls with wizkid and banky
A clear cut case of - show me your friend, I'l tell you who u я

Smh
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2012
Chanchit: @ Obowunmi, is it Obo, the female own, or Obo, for Monkey...

BankyW, wei do head like luxirious bus, if thats the lie he's been feeding u guys.... He's jst in limbo...

He do head like Luxurious bus....lol

Head wey shoe maker fit shine. You suppose polish am with obo.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2012
All these long rubbish just to smear Nigerian musicians ? If it's a norm that cancellation of shows due to unforseen circumstances happen to all artists,why have we not seen or heard of american artists being called fraudsters simply because the couldnt meet up their appointments ?

EME has a problem and sold the tickets to fans not Wizkid,Skales or Banky.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2012
lmao@ ogugua with the nerdy glasses ..
and banky with luxurious bus head shocked
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by ektbear: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2012
They are 419ers. I am just lucky I paid via Paypal and was able to recover my money that way.

I was even thinking of inviting my yankee friends to come check the event out. I am glad their money wasn't compromised, otherwise I'd have a lot of "splainin" to do (or worse, eat the loss myself).

Fvck EME. And fvck Wizkid, Skales and BankyW if they participated in this fraud.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2012
Chanchit: Nxt time wait till the last minute, when the artist has arrived ur city, before u get a ticket, Btw Rick Ross, Kofi Olomide, Mary Jblige have all done same to Nigeria in the past, so enjoy ur anguish...
BTW i'll be really happy, if its true that they chop that Ogugua gurl money, with all ur nerdy glass, u still dey fall maga..

Thanks for your contribution. This is a 13-month old issue though.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by joanana(f): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2012
hmmmm... interesting
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by wandeay: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2012
so people can pay such money to look @ wizkid's face that am seeing nearly everyday
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:
All these long rubbish just to smear Nigerian musicians ? If it's a norm that cancellation of shows due to unforseen circumstances happen to all artists,why have we not seen or heard of american artists being called fraudsters simply because the couldnt meet up their appointments ?

I'm not smearing them. I'm explaining what has happened dating back to July 2011. Sure, cancellations of shows is normal, but it's NOT normal for them to not issue refunds.

Wizkid, Skales, and Banky W are representatives of EME. They hyped the show. They told everyone they were coming when they knew they weren't. EME AND those three artists will not hear the end of this.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2012
190*:

Can u imagine, and this is someone that rolls with wizkid and banky
A clear cut case of - show me your friend, I'l tell you who u я

Smh

Are you surprised all these nicompoop want to enter politics to continue with the cycle of corruption. I hope the YOUTHS have their eyes wide open.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by ektbear: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2012
Right. How can unforseen circumstances happen two years in a row? How can you be hyping the event several days beforehand, only to cancel it shortly thereafter?

That is fraud, imo.

Anyway, they have only hurt themselves....they've lost an opportunity to build up a new market in a foreign land.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by obowunmi(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Banky W is EME.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by fittty(m): 10:09am On Aug 16, 2012
This is what u get when u pay local artist to perfom in d international scene..... Besides who knows or listen to these dead nigerian artist music abroad? undecided only those yoruba boys in london, yankee..
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 16, 2012
Well,this is a serious but common case amongst entertainers. Am nt surprised Nigerians(esp yoruba artists) have adopted this 'new way' of making cash.op,sorry abt ur loss,we live in d world.
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by rakumiii(m): 10:12am On Aug 16, 2012
This guy vex o no be small...........lol...so sad sha and like he said, its something like this that messes up a promoters credibility....Nobody will think its EME's fault cause they didnt give their money to EME........they gave it to the promoter......But take heart my broda......this kind of thing is all part of the game.......its how you come out of it that matters....the WIZKIDs, the P Squares, the Shina Peters etc will come and go....you promoters are supposed to be here to stay and bring any new up and coming reigning artist to town........take heart and all will be well
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 16, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm not smearing them. I'm explaining what has happened dating back to July 2011. Sure, cancellations of shows is normal, but it's NOT normal for them to not issue refunds.

Wizkid, Skales, and Banky W are representatives of EME. They hyped the show. They told everyone they were coming when they knew they weren't. EME AND those three artists will not hear the end of this.

If they are representatives of EME,then the fans know who to hold for their refunds.Besides,your campaign seems to focus on the artist not the promoters even the frontpage title inclusive.

If neither of the artists DIRECTLY collect money from you,why accuse them of fraud when something beyond their control occurred ?

1 Like

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2012
^^^ Because they're the ones doing all the talking. Like I said, it's becoming apparent that Banky W and the rest knew that the shows would be cancelled, yet the three of them kept promoting the show. Banky W is the one who made the phone call. Banky W issued the apology. The three of them are as involved as anyone else.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by 27naira(m): 10:16am On Aug 16, 2012
so sad...
Re: Wizkid, Skales, And BankyW (EME) Disappoint/Defraud In California by omenziate(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2012
Iye ye ye . Na organized crime b dis o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drama On Instagram As Another Woman Claims She's Carrying Davido's Baby / Omoni Oboli's Father Dies In Car Crash! / Yinka Quadri Celebrates His 58th Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.