Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians (15229 Views)

Buhari Receives His Portrait From Nigerians In Ethiopia As Gift / GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otokx(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
There is an improvement definitely in power generation but the problem now is distribution, in my area the transformer has been blowing its fuse on a regular basis of once a week. Since there is no prepaid meter but estimated bills people are now loading their houses with all sorts of gadgets causing the high tension cables to sag, bend, touch then spark and trip of the fuse in the transformer. The summary is that the present may be unsustainable in many areas and today they brought a bill of 41 thousand up from 26 thousand and the usual Nigerians are already complaining. All my explanations that we should pay does not seem to make sense - its a block of flats by the way. We are back to our generating sets since the past 24 hours as grid is now failing at many points.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2012
otokx: 41 thousand up from 26 thousand and the usual Nigerians are already complaining. All my explanations that we should pay does not seem to make sense - its a block of flats by the way. We are back to our generating sets since the past 24 hours as grid is now failing at many points.

Is that the bill for the 4 flats? or just yours?
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otokx(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
Its a bill for a block of flats, a 2 bed room that usually pays 1500 before now would pay about 3000 for a month of electricity estimated by me to be at 45% up time.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Fhemmmy: 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2012
otokx: Its a bill for a block of flats, a 2 bed room that usually pays 1500 before now would pay about 3000 for a month of electricity estimated by me to be at 45% up time.

Then, that is not too bad at all, cos to give Nigerians light and make it constant, it will cost good money . . . . And you seems to agree with people that, there has been improvement
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by gbadexy(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
The electricity supply has improved tremendously at surulere where I stay and at ogba where my factory is.
I think the improvement is general with the exceptions of few places.
Good job, keep it up.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by luluosas(m): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2012
I have noticed significant improvement in my neighbourhood, but, in my area, since late May 2012, we have never used PHCN power, no thanks to the vandals that vandalized our transformer.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otokx(m): 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2012
gbadexy: The electricity supply has improved tremendously at surulere where I stay and at ogba where my factory is.
I think the improvement is general with the exceptions of few places.
Good job, keep it up.

Hope you are paying the bills too?
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by mekosa: 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2012
transformers oooo...,shedding ooo...,jos plateau state ooo...,rukuba road ooo... minister hope say una get d jerk.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by sofadj(m): 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
It has actually and sincerely improved.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by jmaine: 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2012
Make Barth Nnaji crew order for millions of new chassis transformers . .

cos these new development dey make all our obsolete transformers gasp for breath . . .
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by DerMeister: 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2012
PHCN is on strike, so I guess i'll go for option C.

retardeen and his 40 theives can go and die in their cave... 1 day, nigerians will put them in drums and pour boiling oil on them for their nonsense!
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Chinom(m): 11:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
GEJ, Bath Nnaji, Alison-Madueke, Okonjo-Iweala and Aganga are on the right track. keep up the good work. we just don't want temporary improvement, but a permanent end to power failure in Nigeria.
That is all we ask from this administration. Just give me constant power. I will deal with BH myself.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Adeniyi67: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2012
I lives at sango ota , temidire bus stop area and for the past five month there have not been anything like electricity supply to Tarmac , abeokuta road (first bank ) n and other street sharing the same transformer with us . Just help to beg phcn that we have tire of staying in darkness . Thanks
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by jenti: 2:48am On Aug 18, 2012
Hello Special adviser
Here is an honest report of my area in abeokuta. Things are getting better . At least we have had 3days of full supply followed by a 2-day of total darkness n now we have been on in d last two days This is better than d 1-day half day supply followed by 5-day total darkness n one-day half day supply.Please keep it up
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 18, 2012
In ph,iwofe rumuolumeni.no lyt o.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otokx(m): 10:31am On Aug 18, 2012
News reaching us indicate that PHCN is on strike so there has been no electricity in our area of Greater Port Harcourt for the past 24 hours.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Emusan(m): 11:07am On Aug 18, 2012
Na lie is d switch dey used to turn it off dat got spoiled, light dey my area well well. Anyway kudos to bro Jona
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by manmade(m): 11:25am On Aug 18, 2012
berem: Seems this electricity improvement has become a daily topic! Una no dey tire? What feedback does the retardeen wants? undecided
becile or what do u calld urself, he wants to know whether the dividend of democracy is getting 2 ur area or not..
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by manmade(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2012
[quote author=kenlash1]I ve to say emphatically dt in ma area we re having the worse of power dis days. And it makes me wonder if I'm in nigeria wen oda ppl are havin improved power supply[/quote Don't worry, It will soon get 2 ur area.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otokx(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2012
This topic should be on the front page
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by ROCKJ1(m): 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
Goodluck thank you oh... Our light has improved seriously. You are trying.... I will vote you again in 20j15.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by ifeci: 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2012
improved yes but the bill is killing!
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otokx(m): 12:08pm On Aug 18, 2012
otokx: News reaching us indicate that PHCN is on strike so there has been no electricity in our area of Greater Port Harcourt for the past 24 hours.

Power has been restored though the quality has started reducing, its no more 200volts but now 180
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by cristog120: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
as for power in this country, a lot of damage has been done over the years. for those criticizing GEJ ,there is always a point to start. since i was born in this hell called nigeria ive neva witnessed such stability in power supply as this. i believe this is just a sign of good things to come from this administration. if someone should call for the head of GEJ for this feat i see him achieving under 2yrs, what then should he say about OBJ that wasted 8yrs without anything to show for it? a bird at hand is better than millions in the bush. who is a better leader to replace GEJ that wont give nigerians heart attack at last.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by joesbuba: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2012
i just wonder what will happen when phcn is finaly privatised up gej

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Dansadaumallam(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2012
Form umuahia worldbank housing estate, its been three days counting and the light has been on.
This morning i swithed off my cut out because i was afraid if this kind of light wont jam at anytime.
Good improvement.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Dansadaumallam(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
Guess what this improvement meant for me?
1. I now mill my chicken feed in my house for use in my poultry
2. I expect to sell my birds at 8 weeks with good weight cos they will be feeding day and night
3. Planning to buy 1000 capacity incubator for a start
4. ...and gradually drop this civil service work .

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otokx(m): 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2012
Dansadaumallam: Guess what this improvement meant for me?
1. I now mill my chicken feed in my house for use in my poultry
2. I expect to sell my birds at 8 weeks with good weight cos they will be feeding day and night
3. Planning to buy 1000 capacity incubator for a start
4. ...and gradually drop this civil service work .

not so fast o; watch carefully.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by rollystone(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2012
Yea, I think power is a bit more stable diz days.More power to yr elbows.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by monosetale: 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
My neighborhood here in ugbor benin we get light on a bad day 23hrs and on good days 3-5 days at a go....guy na europe I dey here oh....light don tire me self...*breaths in and out* FRESH AIR indeed
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by redsun(m): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2012
Constant supply of electricity in nigeria is the same as the prolifiration of GSM.It comes because it is overdue.

It is not a mammoth achivement,but the reverse of a people's moral decadence of living in darkness in the 21st century.Powerlesss
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by otobong085(m): 11:59pm On Aug 18, 2012
Over here in Ogoja (including Obudu, Bekwarra, Obanliku Local Government Councils), Northern Cross River state, THERE is NO improvement. In fact one only wonders if this is still a part of Nigeria!!!! Yet in neighbouring states,it's "Heaven"! Biko, mbok, please, something should be done before we begin to lobby for transfers away from here o. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Is Not On Any Social Media- Presidency / PPA Candiate, Goddy Ezeemo Arrives Polling Unit But No INEC Officials (Pics) / Kano Special Constabularies Are Not Police Officers - Police Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.