Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians (15231 Views)

Buhari Receives His Portrait From Nigerians In Ethiopia As Gift / GEJ Seeks Two-year Tenure Elongation Ostensibly To Create New Constitution, / GEJ Seeks Senate Approval To Rename UNILAG And 2 Other Federal Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by d7thcaller: 10:33am On Aug 17, 2012
My area in Phc has been experiencing @least 20 hours a day power supply for close to one month now. There has been a great improvement lately. Kudos to the people in charge.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by honeric01(m): 10:34am On Aug 17, 2012
i'm using my phone for now because no light, when power is restored, i'll give an honest reply.

Btw, phcn took light 8 times yesterday, wondering if someone was sitting on the switch.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 17, 2012
Na wah o i dey dis country atall evrybody jus dey commend nepa.
GEJ with due respect if u r reading this,while others r happy for 3days uninterupted power supply to iron there cloth n 2 charge there fones at anytym, we in port harcourt r xperiency 2days uninterupted power black out 2 petronise fuel purchase n blackmarket.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by hydeenoble(m): 10:34am On Aug 17, 2012
greall1: WE ARE STILL FACING UNEMPLOYMENT.MR PRESIDENT PLZ WORK ON THIS PLZ
THESE WOULD REDUCE CORRUPTION
ar u sure ur not a big fool?
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by maigaskiya1: 10:35am On Aug 17, 2012
sonyjacobs:

http://www.punchng.com/business/jonathan-seeks-feedback-from-nigerians-on-power-supply/
presido on behalf of all progres lovng nijerians in nairaland light hs improvd but stil kep it up til we acheve optimality.finaly we say weldone
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by jamil2(m): 10:35am On Aug 17, 2012
Still on I pass neighbour I don't have or see anything commendable on power.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 17, 2012
Its obvious that power improves during the raining season: Hydro.

We shouldn't settle for mediocre achievement. We need more power generation systems like biomas, commercial solar panel installation system like the ongoing Siemens power project in the North African desert that will power the whole europe and middle east and so on.

We need to think futuristic and not beat our chest to old fading technology.

Anyways, kudos to Barth Nnaji for his dedication and passion in doing his job.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by AdeniyiA(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2012
dis ppl shud wait after a yr for annual feedback not some flash light evaluation.
ppl dont dispose of ur gen o, cos it's stupidity to hear d cloud thunders n empty d drum

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by adeshina86: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2012
pls we'v nt av lite since on monday till date...the effectiveness of improvement in power supply av nt bin ascertain in my area......Ajeromi ifelodun local govt area.....tanx
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by maigaskiya1: 10:39am On Aug 17, 2012
al-qaeda:
GET THEM TO CALL OFF THE STRIKE B4 ASKING ANYTIN
shut up malu we dnt wnt 2 hear u pepl tok o.shameles pepl 38ys of power 2100mega wats nd u hav d guts 2 open dat ur gworo colourd mouth 2 say rubish anu mpam
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Mandelaguy(m): 10:41am On Aug 17, 2012
Impressive! Some of us were labelled laptop crew because we foresaw this and started harping on it,but hate did not allow a whole lot of people key into the Nigerian project. Some of us have not wavered in our support and trust that GEJ will succeed whether his detractors like it or not. I am happy that the truth is gradually coming up,and when all these issues are gradually put to rest,we will know those who were paid,and those who actually own and operate 40 laptops. GEJ carry go! We dey feel your swag,and Oga Barth,shey when you talk am,dem wan roast me say I post am? Kari go joor! Una dey try wella.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by hassymo5(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2012
no power in ma zone
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by greall1: 10:43am On Aug 17, 2012
hydeenoble: ar u sure ur not a big fool?

YOUR PAPA IS BIG FOOL
Bastard
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Ournaija: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2012
I have not touched my gen for the past three weeks. If na jazz make him carry go.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by RickyRoss1(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2012
My best friend from my maternal home called me last nite and he was complaining that their business has crumbled since 3 weeks now. He is based in Lagos and deal on petrol/diesel marketing. He recently bought 35,000 liter oil tanker and he said since 2 weeks there is no market. I called some of my other friends that deal on diesel in Lagos and they are all complaining about improved electricity which has crumbled their market.

There is massive improvement in electricity supply in Nigeria today, and most Nigerians from all regions of our country can attest to this. I was in Enugu for 2 weeks and they have steady power supply. In my village in Imo State we enjoy steady electricity. I know the Anti GEJ thugs will soon brand me member of the laptop crew, but that argument is whack coz I am not based in Nigeria and I can always buy my own laptop. GEJ is currently doing what no other Nigerian president is able to do. OBJ spend tens of billions of US Dollars without increasing a single kilo watt.

TO GEJ: Let me give you some honest advise: NOT every Nigerian is enjoying this improved electricity and I know a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a step. Let me give you an instance. In Port Harcourt some people are enjoying 24 hours power supply, in some areas you get less than 10 hours, and I know many streets in Rukpokwu PHC that has no light since 2 months now because of transformer problem, and I have a house in one of those streets. its very disheartening to see other streets enjoying uninterrupted power supply while you run generator 24/7.

The government must be able to identify areas that has no transformer and give them transformer. The people you employ will also determine whether your government will do well or not. For instance, I have heard from many sources that Rivers State government and even NNDC shared lost of transformers to all streets in Rukpokwu last year but few CONNECTED individuals are selling these transformers to people.

Our electricity company must be efficient and reliable. For example, in Ghana where I am writing from, there was heavy downpour few days ago and some electric poles fell down, the next morning you see Electricity company of Ghana coming to sort out the problem. But in Nigeria it will take lots of bribes to Nepa and many weeks/months of hard work to fix this? Why is it so?

I believe that Barth Nnaji is the right man for this, lets watch him from now till the next 2 years. I BELIEVE ELECTRICITY SECTOR IS THE BEST PERFORMING SECTOR UNDER GEJ GOVERNMENT. Electricity has improved considerably but we need more. All parts of Nigeria must feel the impact. Every street must have transformer, the old ones must be changed, and people must not be paying millions to NEPA to give us transformer which government has already paid for?

8 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2012
dvdon: Na wah o i dey dis country atall evrybody jus dey commend nepa.
GEJ with due respect if u r reading this,while others r happy for 3days uninterupted power supply to iron there cloth n 2 charge there fones at anytym, we in port harcourt r xperiency 2days uninterupted power black out 2 petronise fuel purchase n blackmarket.

which area in ph are u living
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by maigaskiya1: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2012
berem: Seems this electricity improvement has become a daily topic! Una no dey tire? What feedback does the retardeen wants? undecided
bt ure neva tird of hearing boko haram ataks abi.dnt wory d nxt gud news wil involve ur family in bomb blast or acident then we wil coment 4 a year.bigot
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by JojoArmani(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2012
For my area, Light don increase wella.Me self dey reason to dey watch seasonal film now. GEJ carry on
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Super1759: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2012
greall1: WE ARE STILL FACING UNEMPLOYMENT.MR PRESIDENT PLZ WORK ON THIS PLZ
THESE WOULD REDUCE CORRUPTION
this is why people fail exam. Is that you were asked?
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by will259: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2012
i really dont tink u can handle the truth ...
ur time don nearly over...
enjoy d Breeze ...
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by madeinnigeria: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2012
Everything about nigerian government now na online...wetin be ebele pin sef grin.internet presido cheesy
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Super1759: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2012
mai gaskiya: bt ure neva tird of hearing boko haram ataks abi.dnt wory d nxt gud news wil involve ur family in bomb blast or acident then we wil coment 4 a year.bigot
don't mind the aboki.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Rhino5dm: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2012
Power has improved greatly in my area. GEJ should be giving "hi five" for this wonderful achievements. I wish they can sustain this giant strides.

The first time am enjoying light for minimum of 20 hrs a day in Nigeria !

If we can criticize, badmouth and "curse" him when he is doing wrong then, prosperity requires us to do justice to him when making progress.

#The second time am making a positive comments on this administration and hoping it shouldn't be the last.

Disclaimer:
I'm not a member of 40 laptop fools.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by mrrock: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2012
Before anybody begin singing praises just remember this is Nigeria. Politicians are not to be trusted.
During AbdulSalami Abubakar's regime shortly after Abacha died I was then living in Isolo- Lagos. We had light sometime in 1998 for the first time in my life for 1 straight month without a single outage. Everybody in my area was saying ''Nigeria have changed'' only to find out after few months that nothing changed afterall. After that period NEPA totally forgot about us. We didn't have light for weks and everybody was back to his/her generator.

What am I saying?.

Maybe GEJ have solved our power problem. Maybe he have not. You have to enjoy power 24/7 for at least 1 full YEAR before you begin saying we have arrived, otherwise you may be disapointed.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by jmslimx(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2012
Light don dey sha ...becos i never buy fuel since 3days now ... though i am in Ikorodu and we are close to the power plant so i dont know if that is the reason
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by topecole: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2012
I commend Gej effort of restoring our confidence in him, bcoz of d power supply, many industries will troop into Nigeria to create more jobs thus reducing unemployment(a primary cause of insecurity). We hope so
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by tjskii(f): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2012
It has greatly improved o,I now av light at least 18hours a day at worst and 22 hours a day at best,in ibadan
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Rhino5dm: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2012
Why are you soo negative in mind? Just give the administration commendations and move on.

mrrock: Before anybody begin singing praises just remember this is Nigeria. Politicians are not to be trusted.
During AbdulSalami Abubakar's regime shortly after Abacha died I was then living in Isolo- Lagos. We had light sometime in 1998 for the first time in my life for 1 straight month without a single outage. Everybody in my area was saying ''Nigeria have changed'' only to find out after few months that nothing changed afterall. After that period NEPA totally forgot about us and everybody was back to his/her generator.

What am I saying?.

Maybe GEJ have solved our power problem. Maybe he have not. You have to enjoy power 24/7 for at least 1 full YEAR before you begin saying we have arrived, otherwise you may be disapointed.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Super1759: 10:54am On Aug 17, 2012
Whoever that will not commend the govt on the improved electricity is a mugu, a maga and enemy of progress. The person is working with BH to bring down this govt and shall be stoned to death under shaira law.
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by FindOut(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2012
Well, all i know ( & if most of us can recall) is that in the few months preceding the elections, power supply in the country improved greatly. This improvement started to decline IMMEDIATELY AFTER ( seriously, less than 2 days after the results were announced) the PRESIDENTIAL elections which led many people to start asking where the light came from. I believe some people were even making crazy(?) insinuations that powerful generators were imported to beef up power stations.lol

Now, very shortly after the House of reps threatened impeachment, we have begun to see this same improvement again (yes, it has indeed improved in my locale), but the question is this: Is this GENUINE improvement or the same MAGOMAGO 'VOTE-FOR-ME, I AM PERFOMING' improvement that we witnessed before the elections last year?

While the improvement may actually be genuine & lasting (hopefully), there's no point deceiving ourselves; there are some very decietful powerful elements in this government.

Time will tell.

To Uncle Barth & Uncle Jonathan, Abeg, after September, make una no reduce power output again o, coz apparently, the oil cabal that put you people into power are already losing money, & I'm sure they'll be unhappy about that. However it is imperative that you not be impeached so we know you know they know that losing this money is for the greater good. Please kindly notify them to be prepared to continue losing more forever. They should feel free to divest their interests in diesel to othe sectors like Agriculture. I'm sure you, Uncle Jonathan will assist them in this regard to ensure they make a lot of money (tho hopefully this time, not at the expense of Nigerians).

*Its no longer a secret that Nigerians have DELIBERATELY been kept in darkness all these years just so some people can be feeding fat on sales of PMS & diesel*
Re: Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians by Okijajuju1(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2012
AMAZING!!!

Infact... My diesel supplier now calls me from time to time to ask me if I dont need Diesel..

I cant wait for Amaechi to finish his Rivers State Electricity Project and disconnect the State from the National Grid!!

Who say #FRESH AIR no dey, make ehn find out who dey use MESS spoil ehn air.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt. Orders Forensic Audit Of NNPC, 80 Other Agencies / Military Recaptures Marte From Terrorists / Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello Gifts Vehicles To Judges, Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.