Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah (14032 Views)

Paul Okoye Reveals What He Misses Most...(See) / Kcee Misses His Flight In South Africa (photos) / Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 21, 2012
She never said she missed Chris Brown in the way ppl are thinking.

I watched the interview and she was superB.

She said she missed his friendship, he was her best friend. It took her time to forgive him and she had to forgive to let go of the dark place she was in. It took her a long time to forgive and they're slowly rekindling their friendship.

Watch the video first please.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 21, 2012
logica: That's it right there! It was so bad that the dude even indirectly insulted her along the lines of "I have an ex girlfriend who has been with every guy in the industry"; and then she deleted him from her Twitter contacts.

Smh. Na wa for her.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 21, 2012
Ya Twaat Stink
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 21, 2012
Gosh the girl never said she loved him.

She never even suggested a romantic connection between them.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 21, 2012
The rumor mill was right: Rihanna and Chris Brown still see each other. The Barbadian beauty confirmed that she remains in contact with her ex-boyfriend, who famously assaulted her in 2009, and her feelings for him remain complicated.

In a new interview that aired Sunday night on “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” the 24-year-old “We Found Love” singer said that since the restraining order preventing Brown from seeing her was eased in February, they have met up, including at a friend’s party aboard a yacht in St. Tropez in July. “We’ve been working on our friendship again,” Rihanna, appearing emotional at times, told Oprah. "We're very, very close friends. We built a trust again and that's it. [size=16pt]We love each other, and we probably always will.[/size] And that's not anything that we're going to try to change. It's not something you can shut off if you've ever been in love."

As far as whether it’s romantic, Rihanna said it’s not. “He’s in a relationship of his own,” Rihanna said, referring to Brown’s girlfriend, Karrueche Tran. “I’m single. But we have maintained a very close relationship ever since the restraining order was dropped. We just worked on it little by little, and it has not been easy. It is not easy.” She admitted that when she sees him she works hard to keep control of her feelings for him, because she becomes so overwhelmed by emotions in his presence “It’s awkward. It’s awkward because [size=16pt]I still love him,”[/size] she said. “My stomach drops and I have to maintain this poker face, and not let it get to the outer part of me. I have to maintain that, suppress that, but interpret it, understand it, and know that’s not going to go away. When you don’t understand those feelings, you can make a lot of mistakes.”

Rihanna was very candid when Oprah asked if Brown was her true love. “Absolutely,” she quickly answered. “I think he was the love of my life. He was the first love, and I see that he loved me the same way. We were very young and very spontaneous. We ran free. We ran wild. We were falling in love going in at a really rapid pace, and we forgot about ourselves as individuals.”

She also addressed her critics who have been disappointed that Rihanna would let Brown back into her life. "I have to move on. I have forgiven him. It took me a long time. I was angry for a long time,” she said. "I can't tell people how to feel about it. They're entitled to feel angry because it wasn't a good thing that happened. But I have forgiven him."

[url=http://omg.yahoo.com/news/rihanna-calls-chris-brown-%E2%80%98the-love-of-my-life-%E2%80%99-confirms-that-they-still-see-each-other-.html?_esi=1]SOURCE[/url]

I don't watch Oprah. I don't watch Rihanna. So, I didn't watch the interview. Ileke, was all of this omitted? Lol.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 21, 2012
ogugua88:

I don't watch Oprah. I don't watch Rihanna. So, I didn't watch the interview. Ileke, was all of this omitted? Lol.

If you and many other had watched that video, you'll understand that she had no romantic connection to that "Love". Rihanna didn't have a father-daughter relationship while she was growing up. She never knew how to handle men and relationships. Although she was a celeb, she was lonely (not only romantically). When Chris came along, he showed her that connection, they loved each other as friends and as boy/girl friends. She explained that they'll always love each other, but they don't have any romantic connections. While she spends time to forgive him, they help each other build up their friendship. She loves him as a friend, he was one of her best friend and always will be (according to her).
She clearly suggested that they won't be getting back together in that romantic sense of the word. Although Chris has a girl friend and she's single, friendship is where it starts and ends with them.

This interview was not all they talked about, there's a second segment missing.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by joudini(m): 5:49am On Aug 21, 2012
~Royal~:
I hope this fat nasty Biitch Die.

Relax homie or some might think you gat unconscious inner conflict.

Er, u still believe in that your method of breaking a virgin?
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Komedy(m): 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
My girlfriend landed me two thunderous slaps lastmonth,she apologized d next day and I accepted her bk.imagine waht wudda happened if I replied one of d slaps.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by anonymous6(f): 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
I saw the interview, and it was ok to me. She seemed more open to the Oprah interview then the Diane Sawyer interview, but I am not surprised she still misses him though based on how she has acted towards him after that event between her and chris

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by toshmann(m): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
Komedy: My girlfriend landed me two thunderous slaps lastmonth,she apologized d next day and I accepted her bk.imagine waht wudda happened if I replied one of d slaps.

youre a good guy and you really really really love her . . . undecided OR you had no choice . . grin

if my girl does that, i will leave her asap . . . . for her own safety, bc the urge to return the favor will be very high and it may land me in jail. more importantly, any woman that slaps her man, is a violent person and will do it again, just like any man that beats a woman will do it again. if we cant shout out our arguments and resolve issues peacefully . . perhaps the rlshp is not meant to be.

again, it depends on what you did to her . . .did you sleep with her mum? . . . just asking grin
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Fulaman198(m): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nwando.l.:
See guys,if twas a Nigerian musician someone would have asked how it affects the price of garri in the market.Fake wannabes

If it was a Nigerian musician who plays traditional Nigerian music and not wannabe American music I would care

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
If you and many other had watched that video, you'll understand that she had no romantic connection to that "Love". Rihanna didn't have a father-daughter relationship while she was growing up. She never knew how to handle men and relationships. Although she was a celeb, she was lonely (not only romantically). When Chris came along, he showed her that connection, they loved each other as friends and as boy/girl friends. She explained that they'll always love each other, but they don't have any romantic connections. While she spends time to forgive him, they help each other build up their friendship. She loves him as a friend, he was one of her best friend and always will be (according to her).
She clearly suggested that they won't be getting back together in that romantic sense of the word. Although Chris has a girl friend and she's single, friendship is where it starts and ends with them.

This interview was not all they talked about, there's a second segment missing.

Are you sure? Lol. I wouldn't be surprised if the two hook up again soon. Doesn't matter if Chris is in a relationship. Hollywood folks drop significant others like they're rabid dogs.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2012
ogugua88:

Are you sure? Lol. I wouldn't be surprised if the two hook up again soon. Doesn't matter if Chris is in a relationship. Hollywood folks drop significant others like they're rabid dogs.
that girl is missing a good beating...Chris brown, better run for ur dear life, so u don't kill her this time
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by buJu234: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2012
i asked a question then when it all happened... and i will repeat it..

WHENEVER A MAN & A WOMAN HAVE A FIGHT; NO BODY ASK THE WOMAN... MADAM WHAT DID U DO?

ever body will jst conclude he is a bad man; a woman beater etc

this same thing is what happened the Bishp weeks & J bynum....
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by shilling(f): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2012
She came off very real in the interview. I didn't have any respect for her prior to the interview, but I now do esp because of her humility.

She has moved on, that doesn't mean she can't love him, remember the good times and miss him. I am not a victim of domestic violence, but many women can relate to this in the sense that we might have moved on from unhealthy relationships, but it doesn't stop us from reminiscing. It's a human thing.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by toshmann(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2012
buJu-234:

WHENEVER A MAN & A WOMAN HAVE A FIGHT; NO BODY ASK THE WOMAN... MADAM WHAT DID U DO?

the reason is because it is irrelevant. there is no justification whatsoever for domestic violence. got it?
but if the woman beat the man that question will be asked . . . . what did he do? grin
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Fulaman198(m): 4:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
toshmann:
the reason is because it is irrelevant. there is no justification whatsoever for domestic violence. got it?
but if the woman beat the man that question will be asked . . . . what did he do? grin

It still is not ok for a woman to ever hit a man as well. It is hypocrisy
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by toshmann(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
Fulaman198:
It is hypocrisy
welcome to planet earth.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by pleep(m): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
buJu-234:

STOP RIGHT THERE BEFORE i ARREST YOU FOR LYING ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

angry

In Nigeria, the woman is always seen as a wrong doer.

"XDS left our house, he moved out"
"Ah, HGB what did you do to him?" angry
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
ogugua88:

Well true that. But back to her abuser?
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2012
shilling:
She came off very real in the interview. I didn't have any respect for her prior to the interview, but I now do esp because of her humility.

She has moved on, that doesn't mean she can't love him, remember the good times and miss him. I am not a victim of domestic violence, but many women can relate to this in the sense that we might have moved on from unhealthy relationships, but it doesn't stop us from reminiscing. It's a human thing.

Same here.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

STOP RIGHT THERE BEFORE i ARREST YOU FOR LYING ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

angry

In Nigeria, the woman is always seen as a wrong doer.

"XDS left our house, he moved out"
"Ah, HGB what did you do to him?" angry
he is right
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by queensmith: 10:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
I'm gonna stop judging situations I've never experienced. To me the girl seems like a bloody idiot, then again I can understand people justifying her thoughts as 'we are human beings' 'women are weak' lardy dah. If he beats her again I will say it serves her right, I definitely don't have sympathy for any of this.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Well true that. But back to her abuser?

Definitely. It wouldn't be the first or last time.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 17, 2012
~Royal~:
Ya Twaat Stink

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Current Miss Nigeria Is A Virgin! / Benita Okojie And Husband Olawale Adeyina Celebrate 2nd Wedding Anniversary / Stephanie Linus Speaks At #NotTheCost Conference In New York (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.