Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah (14040 Views)

Paul Okoye Reveals What He Misses Most...(See) / Kcee Misses His Flight In South Africa (photos) / Genevieve Nnaji On Oprah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by onila(f): 1:48am On Aug 17, 2012
Rihanna has a restless two-year relationship with singer Chris Brown. The two looked swimmingly happy until Chris attacked Rihanna on the eve of the Grammy Awards back in 2009.

But during her exclusive interview on Oprah's "Next Chapter," the 24-year-old singer came in defense of her ex-boyfriend even admitting that she misses him sometimes.

Rihanna said that Chris "made a mistake" and "needed help" at that time. However, charities and organizations that tackle on domestic violence react negatively about the singer's statements.

"I'm reminded by a lot of things. A lot of good memories we had. By the slightest things; hotel rooms, tour venues, any little thing, music, songs, and I do miss him at times," Rihanna said. "I lost my best friend. Like, everything I knew switched - switched overnight."

The 58-year-old TV host revealed that Rihanna "a lot" about Chris Brown. The Rihanna interview will air tonight in OWN's "Oprah's Next Chapter."

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/375194/20120820/rihanna-oprah-interview-misses-chris-brown.htm#.UDHLGqllSHM

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 17, 2012
him=who? chris brown?
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by onila(f): 1:51am On Aug 17, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: him=who? chris brown?

chris brown=the woman beater
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by onila(f): 1:52am On Aug 17, 2012
how can she move on when her heart is with someone else(Chris brown) cry

its only GOD that can help you find love again

even though she dates someone else-she will be still thinking of him cry

I am in that situation
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by RAPMAN02(m): 2:01am On Aug 17, 2012
onila:

part of what jst read. *****
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 17, 2012
onila:
ie
he made a mistake ....and he apologized for that
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 17, 2012
onila: how can she move on when her heart is with someone else(Chris brown) cry

I am in that situation
sorry don't worry in 2years we will move on together
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Kajiang02(m): 2:03am On Aug 17, 2012
onila: how can she move on when her heart is with someone else(Chris brown) cry

I am in that situation

This situation is one I wouldn't want any girl to experience, cos its not interesting at all.
I feel ur pain @Onila.
Its more an issue when the lady in question is still a teenager or early 20s.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by onila(f): 2:04am On Aug 17, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: [/b] sorry don't worry in 2years we will move on together

lol yr so sweet cheesy
its gonna take me time 2 move on
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by london2lasgidi(m): 2:04am On Aug 17, 2012
I can relate to this.
Chris Brown needed help after the whole ordeal, but the press didn't give him a chance.
I had the same problem with my ex (not physical but I was abusive), and I had to seek counselling.

However, I think Rihana should have said all these when the press was killing Chris,
too late IMO cos she'll never get him back.

I know she still loves him, poor girl. sad

6 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 17, 2012
london2lasgidi: I can relate to this.
Chris Brown needed help after the whole ordeal, but the press didn't give him a chance.
I had the same problem with my ex (not physical but I was abusive), and I had to seek counselling.

However, I think Rihana should have said all these when the press was killing Chris,
too late IMO cos she'll never get him back.

I know she still loves him, poor girl. sad
yeahh i feel you
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by onila(f): 2:55am On Aug 17, 2012
someone;s comment grin grin

"Women like her, who excuse, justify, defend and even cry over their abusers are the REASON that many people dismiss the charges of "abuse" by them.

With her money and privilege, she has apparently not gotten enough education to realize that when someone beats you and leaves you in an emergency with your eyes swollen shut, your mouth bleeding and unable to swallow, that this is NOT love, NOT healthy and NOT acceptable.

She is in serious need of therapy but buying all those wigs and blue contacts has obviously left her without enough time to do something intelligent....what a waste of a role model of young girls, ESPECIALLY young black girls.

She is simply a disgrace!"

6 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 3:04am On Aug 17, 2012
onila: someone;s comment grin grin

"Women like her, who excuse, justify, defend and even cry over their abusers are the REASON that many people dismiss the charges of "abuse" by them.

With her money and privilege, she has apparently not gotten enough education to realize that when someone beats you and leaves you in an emergency with your eyes swollen shut, your mouth bleeding and unable to swallow, that this is NOT love, NOT healthy and NOT acceptable.

She is in serious need of therapy but buying all those wigs and blue contacts has obviously left her without enough time to do something intelligent....what a waste of a role model of young girls, ESPECIALLY young black girls.

She is simply a disgrace!"
you can't judge her ...you have never been in the same position ...

10 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Fulaman198(m): 5:24am On Aug 17, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: [/b] sorry don't worry in 2years we will move on together

ROFLLLLLLLLLL (dying with laughter)
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by pleep(m): 5:28am On Aug 17, 2012
I don't have any problem with ppl who spank their wives... i would never do it myself, but for those who do power to ya.

I think women need to decide if they are children or not.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Fulaman198(m): 5:30am On Aug 17, 2012
pleep: I don't have any problem with ppl who spank their wives... i would never do it myself, but for those who do power to ya.

I think women need to decide if they are children or not.

People spanking their wives is more of a pre-intimacy kind of thing I think (ok this topic is getting disgusting)
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by pleep(m): 5:35am On Aug 17, 2012
lol true.. but i think that ties into what i was trying to say. Alot of women have a subconcious sexual desire for rough and abusive partners (many men have that fantasy too).

So its dumb when society has a boo-hoo party for a woman that chooses a situation that she knew could get physical. Rihana herself said she likes rough men. Shes not a baby shes an adult, and people shouldn't be feeling sorry for her.

4 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by OneNaira6: 5:35am On Aug 17, 2012
Didn't they say she hit him constantly hence the attack from him to her. It sucks people ignore a woman hitting her husband or boyfriend but focus so much on a man hitting his wife or girlfriend. I don't approve hitting a woman but the double-standard needs to end. Anyway, Chris Brown long apologized for attacking her. The guy's family apologized to her and her family for the attack. She needs to let it go and stop using the attack to gain more cheap publicity.

9 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Fulaman198(m): 5:38am On Aug 17, 2012
One_Naira: Didn't they say she hit him constantly hence the attack from him to her. It sucks people ignore a woman hitting her husband or boyfriend but focus so much on a man hitting his wife or girlfriend. I don't approve hitting a woman but the double-standard needs to end. Anyway, Chris Brown long apologized for attacking her. The guy's family apologized to her and her family for the attack. She needs to let it go and stop using the attack to gain more cheap publicity.

I do not as well, and I know people will jump on me for saying this, but this kind of thing mainly only happens in Western cultures where women are starting to be in charge. Women and Men should be equal, not one gender having more power over the other

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by pleep(m): 5:41am On Aug 17, 2012
In the west women are advantaged over men in every aspect of inter-gender relations. EVERY SINGLE ONE

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by OneNaira6: 5:49am On Aug 17, 2012
Fulaman198:

I do not as well, and I know people will jump on me for saying this, but this kind of thing mainly only happens in Western cultures where women are starting to be in charge. Women and Men should be equal, not one gender having more power over the other

Abi ooo!!! They continue to scream for women right, equality for the gender, etc but right now, women are held higher and have more advantage than men in the western world yet they continue to scream "women equality, women right, etc". Even in the working environment, women are quick to accuse a man especially their boss for s3xual harassment if they aren't getting their way. When a man does it, his report would magically turn into sour grapes, people might even ridiculed, etc. Women have more advantage and that is the sad fact.

3 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by obowunmi(m): 5:53am On Aug 17, 2012
It not easy when you don't have friends.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Fulaman198(m): 6:28am On Aug 17, 2012
One_Naira:

Abi ooo!!! They continue to scream for women right, equality for the gender, etc but right now, women are held higher and have more advantage than men in the western world yet they continue to scream "women equality, women right, etc". Even in the working environment, women are quick to accuse a man especially their boss for s3xual harassment if they aren't getting their way. When a man does it, his report would magically turn into sour grapes, people might even ridiculed, etc. Women have more advantage and that is the sad fact.

Yah it's ridiculous a man could be a complete gentleman, and a woman calls the Police and accuses the man of "domestic violence" which is wife beating, and it's possible the man never laid a finger on her. He would still get arrested because police automatically side with women.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by OneNaira6: 6:33am On Aug 17, 2012
Fulaman198:

Yah it's ridiculous a man could be a complete gentleman, and a woman calls the Police and accuses the man of "domestic violence" which is wife beating, and it's possible the man never laid a finger on her. He would still get arrested because police automatically side with women.

I agree men do what women accuse them of. We do, no denying it, but the double standard needs to end. Women should also be held accountable for the same act. The police need to stop siding with women all the time because their are alot of males in jail for some ish they did not do and there are alot of guilty women walking around free for ish they did do.

3 Likes

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by tpia5: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2012
I didnt understand the interview.

is she saying she wants him back or something?

ratings?
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by niggaman(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2012
following events with keen interest, always knew dis two gonna find a way to be together in future. Its more than love, people should give them a chance. Fact is they never moved on from each other, Breezy & RiRi Life is wat u make of it, the whole world would still continue to talk anyway
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 17, 2012
She has never stopped loving Chris. It just was too evident
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by tpia5: 8:35am On Aug 17, 2012
niggaman: following events with keen interest, always knew dis two gonna find a way to be together in future. Its more than love, people should give them a chance. Fact is they never moved on from each other, Breezy & RiRi Life is wat u make of it, the whole world would still continue to talk anyway

but i think he's dating someone else, not so?
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by niggaman(m): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2012
tpia@:

thats for publicity stunts
but i think he's dating someone else, not so?
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by freecocoa(f): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2012
So what is she saying in essence?

I really don't get it,she should move on already.
Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by kandiikane(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2012
Awwwh! They should just get back together gawd dammit!

Heard she had a girlfriend for a while?

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Says She Misses Chris Brown On Oprah by onila(f): 10:36am On Aug 17, 2012
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wow! SEE Tania Omotayo's Birthday Gift To Wizkid (photo) / Nigerian Lady Performs Massive Hips And Bum Implants? (pics And Video) / Who Is The Most Handsome Nigerian Music Artiste (male)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.