Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (53250 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Yahayamoses(m): 3:07pm On Apr 08, 2013
frosbel:

I made an innocent and simple statement, not sure why you have a problem with it.

Besides, I attended deeper life for a few years and noted that he is idolised, I never said he encouraged it

We should focus on Christ and not Man, Christ is our helper, teacher and redeemer.
. My friend stop comitin sin. We deeper lyf member don't worshin any body or luk any bdy as superior in d church. We respect him because d bible said so. Wer did dy idolised him? We ar all equal b4 God n we ar doin it in d church.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
Yahayamoses: . My friend stop comitin sin. We deeper lyf member don't worshin any body or luk any bdy as superior in d church. We respect him because d bible said so. Wer did dy idolised him? We ar all equal b4 God n we ar doin it in d church.

Mr. i am an ex-deeper-life member.

I never said all people worship him, I said stop worshiping MEN.

And what sin am I committing grin
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2013
Ikanium: Years past various Nigerian pastors have been connected with one scandal or the other ranging from money fraud, diversion of church money, acquiring of properties worth billions of naira and rituals among others.

But never have I heard or seen any of such with the Pastor/overseer of the Deeper Life Bible Church.

With this one could jump into the conclusion that Pastor W.F Kumuyi is the truest and the most trust worthy among his mates?
He's a model and I'm seriously thinking of switching to Deeper Life.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OGAattheTOP: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
Have you heard about a man of God that rejected money from people except convinced by God?
Have you heard about a man of God who rejected car from member when he was driving bicycle?
Have you heard of a man of God who has no time to preach about money and prosperity?
Have you heard a man of God who washes his disciples' clothes?
Have you heard a man of God who has no time for flashy thing?
Have you heard a man of God who feed people without asking them to pay offering during retreat?
He is a Nigerian, living in an unknown city called Gboko...
His name is [b]GBILE AKANNI[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Prince0500(m): 3:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
Martian:

The foundational question we should ask is, "Is Kumuyi a real Christian"? Is a lying tithe preaching goat really a MOG? kumuyi is a charlatan like the rest of them and only undiscerning christians go to his Harlot Church. Wake up and smell the coffee...
Ola it is vry obvious that u au an as to grind with man of God nd this u av loosely expresd bt i wont want to bandy words with u,bt remember bro that every idle word we say,we wil surely gv acount of them in d day of judgment.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by laurel03(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
The best church is in your heart.... I read a story of gurumaraji that Said kumuyi came to him in early 80s, I dnt know how true. Jesus christ was not financially bouyant even borrowed camel and we never heard he built house.Fela hv said it that they are money making organisation only that some are just better than other.....
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by MahatmaGhandi: 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
OGAattheTOP: Have you heard about a man of God that rejected money from people except convinced by God?
Have you heard about a man of God who rejected car from member when he was driving bicycle?
Have you heard of a man of God who has no time to preach about money and prosperity?
Have you heard a man of God who feed people without asking them to pay offering during retreat?

yes bro, the late cornelius adam igbudu, heard of him a long time ago.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by DrBaby(f): 4:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
What is wrong wt us Nigerians....if dis had bn a news abt a MOG commitn a crime/scandal now, al hell wil be let loose such dt even d man who is an armed robber/murderer wl feel free to latch on him. Let us learn to appreciate gud tins...dis attitude of ours is affectn us negatively even in other aspects of our lives as a nation..and its called HYPOCRISY (pretendn to abhor evil openly n never bein able to appreciate gud).
While I do not support idolisn any pastor...we can all say dis man kumuyi has really tried in preachn d true word..even if its only 10% of his congregation that listens to him, I think he has contributed his own quota in movin d nation forward...trust me.
This man has proven himself humble n meek in dis fast changn world, believe me its nt dt easy....but I knw its bn God keepn him.
In everyway, I knw der are a lot of honest men of God out der, lets appreciate n pray for dem...dts enof encouragement to move dem forward.
Also in other areas of life...be it entertainment , family life etc...lets appreciate gud ppl....peace out

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Trustgt(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
Sles:
Just get closer to the altar and u need to see scandals at the highest level....................... or move close to decampee pastor(s) in the folds.

Bros, I am interested in any scandal you might know. ......what do you expect from a decampee? Maybe the ex-pastor was sent away because of misconduct, fabricating lies about the ministry will be his/her new task. Shalom.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Osumare2013: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2013
What abt d general overseer of The Gospel Faith Mission International, Pastor E. O. Abina? He's also trustworthy.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by israel007: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2013
It's TB Joshua
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by stantob(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2013
No he's not the only honest pastor or overseer in Nigeria.Pastor Kumuyi was a member of the Apostolic Faith Church.That church is his mother church. Deeper Life has a similar doctrine as Apostolic Faith.In other churches in Nigeria, there are honest Men/women of God.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2013
NO!
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by adetunrayo(f): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
The moG has never shifted ground on his preachin of holiness.he is a rare gem.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by expertman(m): 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2013
But Sir Guru Maraji Said the pastor use to visit him now?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by KwoiZabo(m): 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2013
frosbel:

It is not mentioned as a church doctrine, but it is preached with maximum intensity in all deeper life congregations. One thing that gets to me though , is how our pastors keep saying anyone who does not pay their tithe is under a curse.This is false and very misleading.

On the other hand I know that they preach this false doctrine out of ignorance. However ignorance has placed many a believer in unnecessary bondage.

Let us stop boasting about a church , let us boast in Christ Jesus only , no physical church is perfect.

"but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD." - Jeremiah 9:24

1 Corinthians 1:31 Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."
I love u frosbel more ofGod's grace upon ur life
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by cybergee(m): 8:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
May God forgive you all.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Candour(m): 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
expertman: But Sir Guru Maraji Said the pastor use to visit him now?

Not holding brief for Kumuyi but seriously.....do you actually believe guru maharaji is sane enough for his assertions on this issue to matter?

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Kaysysam: 10:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
Martian:

The foundational question we should ask is, "Is Kumuyi a real Christian"? Is a lying tithe preaching goat really a MOG? kumuyi is a charlatan like the rest of them and only undiscerning christians go to his Harlot Church. Wake up and smell the coffee...
Must u comment?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 08, 2013
U GUYS ARE JUST SAYING RUBBISH
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by sureteeboy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
OGAattheTOP: Have you heard about a man of God that rejected money from people except convinced by God?
a pastor that says his members shouldn't pay thite is disobeying the bible. Malachi 3:10. If sum1 don't pay thite and offering, hell is such an individual's home. You can google it.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by patostation(m): 12:01am On Apr 09, 2013
A nice man Kumuyi may be but sadly he remains a key member and key sponsor of "Babylon The Great", the world empire of false religion.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Phunmytedee(m): 12:03am On Apr 09, 2013
Pastor Kun: Pastor Kumuyi also subscribes to the fraudulent tithe doctrine hence my reservations about him. It still beats my imagination why any genuine man of God wld be ignorant on the truth about tithes or accept a doctrine derived from obviously twisted scripture.
could u pls expatiate on ur post...u min collection of tithes is fraudulent?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by seunlayi(m): 5:23am On Apr 09, 2013
below is a post by another Nairalanderon another thread with some details about who the GS is take ur time to read it thru it
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by seunlayi(m): 5:28am On Apr 09, 2013
http://hwcdn.net/a9r5q6b6/cds/2009US/
Non_Essential_Church_Traditions.pdf Deeper Christian Life Ministry 1
Lagos, Nigeria
Deeper Christian Life Ministry
William Kumuyi
Series: Hope '09
July 11, 2009 Non-Essential Church Traditions
Acts 10:9-14
Praise the Lord. I said, "Praise the Lord." We're
going to have some real session here today. I
might shock some of you. “Revive us today.”
Are you praying like that? Sometimes when that revival comes, you are not ready. You
think you want all of heaven. Sometimes, even
when you say you want all of heaven, you
want nothing of heaven. We're going to pray,
and I'm going to share some things with you.
We're going to go into the Word. The Lord will need to turn you inside out, and pour out
some things away from you. When that is
done…and the Lord needs some people that
will be walking and knowing that this is a new
day.
But if it's a new day and then you are walking with an old concept - and old shoes, an old
dress, an old mind, an old heart, old
perception - even though it's a new day, you'll
not fit in to the new day. The things the Lord
wants to do this new day might just pass you
by. The Lord might choose other people to get it done. But if you will say that since this is a
new day…whatever the Lord wants to do…I'm
ready, and I want to be part of this new move
of God. Then God will use us. Give me a good,
good Amen. Let's pray together.
Father, in the name of Jesus, we thank You and bless Your name this very time. Lord,
we're praying that, Lord, You'll bless Your
people. Open our eyes to see what You want
us to see…and to be able to go places You
want us to go and to accomplish what You
want us to accomplish in this new day. Bless us, Lord. In Jesus' name we pray.
Thank you very much. You can sit down.
When you come to a meeting like this, you
want to ask yourself What's your goal? What's
your dream? What's your purpose? What's
your plan? Why are you here? Everywhere I go, I always ask myself, "Why me? Why am I
there? What does the Lord want to pass across
unto the people…maybe through me? What's
the Lord passing across to me through the
people?"
I'm going to start with Acts of the Apostles, chapter 10. We're looking at it from verse 9.
"On the morrow, as they went on their
journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter
went up upon the housetop to pray about the
sixth hour: And he became very hungry, and
would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, And saw…" What? "…
heaven opened, and a certain vessel
descending unto him, as it had been a great
sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to
the earth: Wherein were all manner of
fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the
air. And there came a voice to him…" Tell me
out loud.
He saw heaven opened. Then he saw all these
beasts. In the concept, in the understanding of
the Jewish people, some beasts were clean and some beasts were unclean. Then he heard
a voice. The voice is coming from where? …
Coming from heaven. It says, "Rise, Peter." He
mentioned
Deeper Christian Life Ministry 2
Lagos, Nigeria him by name. "Rise, Peter; kill and eat. But
Peter said…" But Peter said…But Peter said,
Isn't there a contradiction there? He called Him,
"Lord." He knew it was the Lord speaking…the
same Lord that said in the Old Covenant: "Don't
eat unclean animals." That same Lord said, "Peter, rise up; kill and eat."
He recognized it was the voice of the Lord. But
this is a man that had said, "What I have, I
have. Where I'm going, I'm going. Even if the
Lord wants to change that direction, I'm going
to say no. Even if the Lord Himself, the Lord of glory, the Lord of heaven and earth…even if
He says, 'This is what to do now,' I'm going to
say no."
Here it says, "Not so." He called Him Lord, but
he still said no. Do you get to the point where
you know more than God? Do you get to the point where…here is what the Lord wants to
do? “This is a new day, Peter; the Old Covenant
is gone. And the God of Israel is now the God
of the whole universe. He wants to reach the
whole of the universe, and He wants to reach
everybody." He says, "Because of that now, I'm sending you to the Gentiles." Actually
Jesus Christ warned them ahead of time: "You
shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost
has come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses
unto Me both in Jerusalem and Judea and
Samaria and then…" Where? Those are the Gentiles, the unclean people.
Those were the people that the Old Testament
people would never reckon with. But He told
them ahead of time. He said, "You'll be starting
in Jerusalem. You'll not stop there. You'll go to
Judea. You'll not stop there. You'll go to the Samaria. You'll not stop there. You're going to
go the uttermost part of the earth." Then it
says, "Now Peter, the time has come. Rise, kill,
and eat. And Peter said, 'Not so, Lord.' "
Is this the reason why God chose Paul the
Apostle to reach the Gentile world? This single man…Paul the Apostle, also a Jew…in fact he
was a Pharisee, and he was more serious
about the law and about the concept of the
Jewish people…more than Peter and the rest
of them. He persecuted the church. But the
Lord raised him up, and he was the one that eventually reached all these Gentile people
because there is a Not so, Lord. Think about
that.
Sometimes as you hear what God is doing in
other parts of the world, you might say, "Not
so, Lord." The Lord is not going to refuse to save the world just because you are not ready.
He'll find some other people who are ready. He
might find a Paul the Apostle. When He finds
that Paul, as you are still there and tradition
hinders your prayer, tradition hinders your
vision, and tradition hinders what you already prayed for…"Revive us, Lord. Revive us, Lord."
Now the revival comes, and He says, "Launch
out and this is what to do." Then you say, "Ah,
my tradition will not permit that. My
understanding will not permit that." Then you
just canceled your prayer and your dream. Before I go to the message, I want to interpret
what I've said unto you. Earlier this year I
wanted to go to Abuja. That's FCT, Nigeria…the
Federal Capitol Territory. I'd been there in (I
think) 2006, and we used the stadium. When
we used the stadium, I was disappointed. I didn't say that. I didn't show that, but I was
disappointed. We didn't fill one quarter of the
stadium. I'm not used to something like that.
Any part of Nigeria I go, normally we fill the
whole place to overflowing. But this particular
time, the first day and second day and third day and the fourth day…the place
Deeper Christian Life Ministry 3
Lagos, Nigeria
was scanty. Some great, great miracles still
took place, but I felt that we could have
reached more people. But since 2006, I've been going to other places and we’ll just pack
the place full.
Now, I was to go this March. When I went this
March…before going, I called the state
overseer there. I said, "Now, state overseer,
we're not going to do this alone. The way we're going to do this…we're going to get in
touch with Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria
(PFN), and they're going to cooperate with us.
You tell them I'm coming to Abuja there. We're
going to do this and that."
So he called me back and said, "Sir, the chairman of PFN is ex-Deeper Life." I said, "Is
that so?" I said, "What's his name?" He told me
the name. He was the state overseer in Abuja
before. But because I transferred him out of
Abuja to go to another place, he said, "No, I
don't accept that." That's why he left the ministry. Then he started his own ministry. He
happens to be pastoring a Pentecostal church.
Now he's the chairman of that Pentecostal
Fellowship of Nigeria in FCT.
First, to be able to get to the people and to be
able to rally the people together, you have to get the consent and the agreement of the
chairman. So I said, "Go tell him that his father
in the Lord is coming to town and that…
whatever he can do…rally all the people
together." We he got to him and told him that I
sent him and said, "I'm coming to the city and that he should do whatever he can do," he
said, "That's my father. Everything I ever
knew, he taught me."
Then he went to PFN and he told them, "We'll
be having a program." They took it up. As
they took up everything…they rallied round together… Number one, I wouldn't do that 10
years ago. You were in Deeper Life. You left.
You're now ex-Deeper Life. Whatever it is you
have, I’d just say, "No, you will come back to
me. I will not come back to you. You are the
one to come to me." But this is a new day. If you don't have that understanding, and if
you cannot forgive him and forget the past…
He’s the gatekeeper. As the gatekeeper there,
now he was here before, he's not here now.
Because he's the gatekeeper and millions of
people are inside that place I need to reach - "Go ye into all the world and preach the
Gospel to every creature." Part of the people I
am to reach is inside that cage. He is the
gatekeeper. And even though he's ex-Deeper
life, he says, "Daddy, I will open the door for
you. I'm a gatekeeper here." Now what am I going to do? Forget the past,
this is a new day. If God is answering your
prayer because this is the way he wants to go
and you say, "No. I will not compromise."
What's compromise? Are we committing sin?
Do we want to reach the people who are there and this is part of “every creature”?
This is the man God is…just because he left
Deeper Life and disagreed… He didn't disagree
with me on doctrine. He disagreed with me on
transfer. I could have made a mistake in
transferring him. Whether mistake or no mistake, this is more than 10 years ago. Are
we still going to be kind of fussy and getting
angry over something that happened 10
years ago? Forget all about that. Let us move
on.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by seunlayi(m): 5:29am On Apr 09, 2013
So we got started, and the Lord did some
things we've never seen. In fact, in that
meeting there were people…they just came
there. They would sometimes put their
telephone near a microphone. The sick person was in Ghana, and the moment we were
praying, just like that the fellow got healed.
There was a man in March…when we got
there, this man was dying. They took him to
the hospital. The wife was there. The children
were there. When the doctor saw him and his condition, they said, "Madam, this one is
written off. There is nothing that can be done."
Eventually that woman brought the clothes of
that man to the crusade. In fact, we held the
crusade in about five places. That was the first
time we did that. We just went to this place, had a crusade two nights, this place two
nights, that place two nights, that other place
two nights. As she raised up the clothes, the
children were with the man in the hospital.
This was a man they had written off. When we
said the final In Jesus' name we pray…with that woman raising up the clothes, the man
got up from the hospital bed.
What if I didn't allow that ex-Deeper Life man
to get involved? Think about that. That man
could have died. You could have lost many,
many souls. That's the reason why in a new day, when something is being done, you're
not going to say, "Not so, Lord." The Lord
might not be speaking to you from heaven.
The Lord might use me to tell you that this is
what to do. Then you say, "But we were not
doing like that before. Since we were not doing like that before, we want to do that
now? Not me, Lord. Not so, Lord." You'll miss
out on the plan of God. I'm here to tell you that
you need to open up and relax. Act as if you
didn't know anything. If God is speaking to us
and we are speaking to you and we're saying, "This is what to do," you are not going to say,
"Not so, Lord."
But eventually we finished. Then I came back
to Lagos on the fifth of April. Now, this is
public. Everybody knows that Mommy Kumuyi
went home to be with the Lord April 11, just about a week after I came back. Then,
eventually Abuja people said they still wanted
me back. I was thinking, for me, I had no
problem that Mommy went to heaven. And
since she went to heaven, I should be up and
doing…whatever I want to do, I will do. But I thought, What will people think if I just
keep running around now? Would they think,
Look at this man. He's not even feeling the
absence of his wife? So I first of all said…I told
the overseer there…privately I said, "No. I
would have wanted to come, but because really…I'm okay. I'm happy that Mommy has
gone to be with the Lord in heaven, but if I go,
what will people think?"
Later I then said, "What will people think?"
That looks like Peter's spirit: "What will the
Jews think? What will the people say?" So I called him and said, "It's not what the people
say, now. God wants me to come. I'll come."
Then, I'm still on this Not so, Lord. Eventually,
instead of just limiting it to PFN, our brother
the overseer went to Christian Association of
Nigeria. The Christian Association of Nigeria has Catholics there. It has the white garment
people there. Do you know white garment? …
The people that don't wear shoes when they
go to church. All kinds of people they had
there.
Deeper Christian Life Ministry 5 Lagos, Nigeria
So, eventually, when he went, they first of all
argued, “Deeper Life. You think you are the
only one going to heaven? Why didn't you
come before? You think we don’t want to be
born again?” Catholic people told him and said, "Don't you think we, too, need to be
born again? Why are you keeping yourself
away? If you stay away like that, who will ever
show us the way?"
Then they called me in Lagos and they said,
"This is what Catholic people are saying." I said, "That's true. They want to be born again.
We should give them the chance." So
everybody rallied around. Then CAN then told
PFN and said, "PFN, remove your hand. You're
small. CAN, Christian Association of Nigeria, is
the big umbrella body that is bringing this man now to Abuja.” The PFN people…they
gladly accepted because they knew this
would open the way for the Gospel to get to
the Catholics and the white garment people
and all that. Eventually we went to Abuja in
June. But to continue this story…at the end, after
everything has taken place, one of the white
garment people that actually was very
instrumental in bringing a lot of people from
their area. He had one of our magazines that
we had published in 1998 with him. When we were kind of settling what we had done,
evaluating what had been done, this one rose
up, he’s in charge of mobilization…this one in
charge of publicity…that one in charge of
finance…and all that."
The Catholic father was there, the chairman of CAN in FCT, and the archbishop of CAN who’s
also Catholic. He had come to the open field to
say, "All of you Catholics who are here…I want
you to know that Catholic endorses this
program. All of you pay attention. We're
talking about Jesus. Whatever they tell you, listen and give your heart to everything that is
said." When he said that, then he went back.
He didn't hear the rest, but he released all the
Catholic people to listen.
What else are you looking for? The gateman
came to open the gate and he said, "I'm going. The gate is open for you. When you are
through, I'll come back and lock the gate." But
in that meeting, one of the people stood up.
He happens to be a white garment person. He
had a magazine of Deeper Life that we
published in 1998. So he said, "Please, now the program is over. But I want to tell you…"
As he was facing me and talking to me, saying,
"My people…when I carried this thing on my
head and shoulders and I started publicizing…
this is what my people…they gave me this
magazine. I opened and I read where you spoke against the white garment churches,
black and white…here it is."
"Now, you call us together. All of us…we are
calling you our father in the Lord. What have
you got to say?" So I then stood up and said,
"When did we publish that magazine?" He said, "1998." I said, "Tell me now, between
1998 and this time, how many years?" He said,
"11 years." I said, "That's what you are still
fussing about?" I said, "Here is father so-and-
so. That's a Catholic. Here is so-and-so. He's
Anglican. When the Anglican Church started, they fought against the Catholic people and
they spoke and they persecuted. And the
Catholic people also persecuted them. But
look at both of them here today."
Then I said, "You Cherubim and Seraphim, is
that where you are coming from?" He said, "Yes." "When you came out of the Anglican
Church, you thought Anglican was not
praying and fasting enough. Then you were
throwing bombshells at them. Didn't you do
that?" He said, "Yes." I said, "You there…CAC,
Christ Apostolic Church…when you came out of the Apostolic Church,
Deeper Christian Life Ministry 6
Lagos, Nigeria
didn't you feel that because they were using
medicine and you felt you were going to trust
God. You'd never taste medicine in your life. Didn't you oppose them?" He said they did.
Then I said, "When Deeper Life started, we saw
what we had…that's why we call it Deeper
Life…the rest didn't have. Just like Anglican
fought against Catholic, like Cherubim and
Seraphim - you fought against Anglican, and like CAC, they fought against the Apostolic
Church…" I said, "I just did what you did. What
you sowed is what you reaped. Like you
opposed all the other churches, I also
opposed you, only I put my own in writing."
They said they understood. Then I said, "But this is a new day.” That, I don't say that again.
Now, everything is all right.
Do you know what? Immediately, that man
invited our state overseer to his church. He
said, "Come and preach." But please
understand…when he said, "Come and preach," our overseer told me: "The white
garment man who confronted you that day,
he has now invited me”. Again, that's a
gateman. You see, you need to understand. If
you understand this is the gateman and all
these people are there not hearing the Word of salvation, and he's inviting us to come and
talk to them.
Those other people, the concept they have -
when you come to church, you don't wear
shoes; when you come to church, this is how
to behave. …For them to know you have a message from God…They will refer to the
Scripture that God told Moses to take off his
shoes. He told Joshua, "Take off your shoes."
We don't do that. Now for me…I'm different -
because of the stature and because of what
they know that God does with me, I can go anywhere. And they accept me the way I am.
So I told our overseer: "Please, when you go
there, all those people are watching you,
whether you’d put on your shoes or not. The
first thing you do (without their telling you)…
remove your shoes." What if the overseer told me: "GS (General Superintendent), what are
you telling me? I will never compromise in my
life. I will never do that. And, since we need to
teach them, …." But you don't clean the fish
before you catch the fish. If you want to clean
the fish before you catch the fish, you'll never catch any fish. Which fish will remain there and
stay there for you to clean it up before you
catch it? You catch the fish first before you
clean up the fish.
So he went. When he got there…by the time
they just got to the building, he just removed his shoes without their telling him. It opened
them up. They said, "What? You, Deeper Life
man, and with everything you have written
against us before now, you've come and
you’ve done this?" He said, "How long should
I preach?" They said, "Just go on. Anything you want to say."
Look at that. But what if he said, "Not so, Lord.
I can never do that"? You will miss out on this
new day. If you are still staying back there
criticizing everything that is going on and you
say, "Look at this and look at this," you're going to lose a lot. But if you'll say, "Oh Lord,
whatever You want to do." Who is going to…
Look at all the knowledge you have. Look at
all the messages you are hearing. Look at the
great deposit of revelation in Deeper Life…in
your life, in your heart.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by seunlayi(m): 5:32am On Apr 09, 2013
Then, because of tradition and because of this,
this, and that, you're not going to take this
revelation out there where people are waiting.
You're still standing by the side of Peter…"Not so, Lord." I pray you will not miss out.
Do you know what happened? Eventually, as
we got to the program and I had to pay a
courtesy call to the archbishop. Not only that, I
had to pay a courtesy call to…they call them
Sarki, that is the chief, the king of that land, of the native people there. When we got there, all
the people were sitting on the ground, but I
told you they give me some special attention
and some special privilege. They gave me a
chair to sit on. Then the king, too, was sitting
on a chair. Eventually, as all those people were sitting down with their turbans and
everything. So they spoke in their local
language interpreted into English and told me
to talk.
How would you approach that situation? I'm
telling you so that you do not miss out in this new day. Here is a man that is in charge of all
that community, and here is…from the other
religion. Now we're sitting down together. All
these people are there. Now he says I should
talk. I said, "Thank you very much." I gave
him the respect that the title demands. I then said, "Here we are today, creatures of the
same Creator."
I didn't start with Calvary and Jesus and all
these other things. I said, "We're creatures of
the same Creator. He created us. How is the
Creator looking at us now as we are fighting one another? And these are our boys…boys
on my side and boys on your side. They don't
understand. They're out there fighting one
another. Here we are, we're sitting down
together here. Those boys outside, they don't
know how united we are because we are from the same Creator." He said, "That is true."
Then I spoke, I spoke, I spoke. When I
finished speaking, I said, "Now you know
what?" I didn't say, "We're having a crusade."
I said, "We're having a kind of gathering
together…social gathering, a lot of your people are there. They're going to come to
that social gathering tonight." …Instead of
saying, "They're going to come to crusade
tonight," I said, "You don't want to hear what
we're telling your people? If we're
brainwashing them and we're telling them to fight against the authorities and the
government… Here you are in the palace; you
don't know what we're telling your people.
Why don't you come out? A leader must be
near to his people He said, "Yes. That is true."
So eventually he agreed he would come out. Then I said, "Not only that, we are having a
special meeting with senators and directors
and politicians Sunday night. That will also be
about two days after." And I said, "You'll meet
a lot of people there. Some of the people…
they're decision makers…the people to construct your road, and the people to do
this…." He said, "Yes. This is true." I said, "If
you keep yourself away from these decision
makers, you're going to lose a lot." I didn't tell
him to come to the crusade. I just put it
another way. If we don't know how to approach people today, this new day, and
you're still with the old, old concept…I pray
you will not lose out.
When I finished, I did as if I wanted to stand
up. Because you know Jesus… He was going
and then he did as if He would pass them by. Then he made…the people said, "Don't go.
Stay with us." Sometimes you have to make
them show their desire. So I stood up. They
said, "You cannot
Deeper Christian Life Ministry 8
Lagos, Nigeria go yet." I said, "What else remains?" They said,
"You must pray for us." I didn't impose the
prayer on him. He said, "You must pray for us."
Then we prayed. After we’d prayed, he said,
"We must take a photograph. I want your
photograph." Then I wanted to go. He said, "Now, you have been speaking. It's my turn to
speak." So I sat down. Then he pointed to all
his people. He said, "Now you people, you
don't know this man. This man is a man of
God."
Then he faced me and said, "You lost your wife just a few months ago." Listen, Sarki
means great, great person on the other side. I
said, "Yes sir." He said, "But that time when
you lost your wife, you were teaching the
people of God the way of God." He said, "Way
of God." That's what I was teaching. I said, "Yes." He said, "But when they told you the
news, you kept on teaching the people the
way of God. We are following your story. You
are a leader. We'll follow you."
Now when you think about that… So if you still
sit down there… Some of the places I go today, I wouldn't go there 10 years ago. Some of the
things I do today as I move with these people,
I wouldn't have done those 10 years ago. If
you are still carrying the concept of 10 years
ago, and here we are now, this new day…and
we say, "This is what to do." Then you say, "Hmmm…me? Never! Even if the GS himself tells
me, 'This is what to do', I will not." I will not
even try to tell you because I know tradition
will cancel revelation from your life.
You hold on to your tradition…you'll still get to
heaven, but you'll get to heaven alone by yourself. Some of us who are willing to drop
tradition and go on with new revelation, we're
going to carry millions of people with us.
That's why I'm inviting you…if you want to get
a lot of people saved, you want to get a lot
people into heaven…that's why I'm calling you. Let's stop some of these traditions. Then
you move on with revelation.
A little thing would have spoilt the crusade in
Abuja city. That little thing is this. To avoid any
confrontation, any problem, we wanted the
PFN and the other churches to sing…have their own choir. Then, we wanted Deeper Life to
have their own choir, separate, because we
wanted to avoid any kind of clash, any kind of
musical thing that would bring any problem.
So when we said that, they said, "No. All the
churches are coming together. This is the day of unity. And since this is unity, the people will
see us sing and if we say we're united, our
choir must be united." We said, "Alright."
But then we had a problem. The problem we
had is that our sisters in the choir…they wear
their normal scarf, and it's good. Isn't it good? …And beautiful, too. Deeper Life kind of…that's
our special thing. But the choir of the PFN…
they use a cap. They said, "We must be
together." I had already said, "Yes, we can be
together. Let them sing together." They said,
"If they're going to sing together, they must look alike."
So the overseer called me and he said, "We
have a problem on our hands." This little thing
would have scattered the whole of the
crusade. The thousands of people that were
reached, we would have not been able to reach them because of this little thing. So
eventually, when he said that, then he went to
them. In his normal, characteristic Deeper Life
way, he tried to argue them out: "We're united,
but you know, Anglican is still Anglican.
Methodist is still Methodist. Deeper Deeper Christian Life Ministry 9
Lagos, Nigeria
Life is still Deeper Life." They said they
understand, “When we go back to our
churches, we can do whatever we want to do.
But when we appear before the public, we must do the same thing”.
So the pastor called me again. They normally
check up…even while I'm here now, we're
planning (a crusade), in Benue State, it's going
to be the first week of August. They keep on
checking up with me…"We're doing this. We're deciding this. We're deciding this." Even until
yesterday, we were still planning together. But
at that time they got in touch with me and he
said, "What are we going to do?" I then said,
"What do you want to do?" He said, "Our
sisters are saying if it's like that, then they will not sing because they cannot go out there
and wear a cap."
So I said, "My brother, they tell me the kind of
publicity you have for this crusade coming…
what is it…we have handbills, we have
posters, we have this, we have publicity cap." I said, "Wait a minute. You have what?"
"Publicity cap." I said, "Those publicity caps…
do the sisters wear them?" "Yes, they do." I
said, "How long do they wear them?" "They
wear them from morning till evening,
everywhere they go…to the office, with that publicity cap." "Okay. Publicity cap…choir
cap…there is a difference?" That opened his
eyes. I said, "Now tell the PFN we will use caps,
but everybody will use the publicity cap."
So the PFN and the Deeper Life and
everybody…because they had been wearing all these caps about for publicity and they
never thought that was wrong. Only to sing
for 10 minutes…they felt that would be wrong.
Do you see our tradition…how sometimes
tradition can hinder and destroy revelation?
Thank God…sometimes, anywhere I go…I don't know about here, yet…but anywhere I
go, whether it's Africa or Europe, wherever…
they know that I know more than them. Over
here, do I know more than you? A little bit
more. So, those people…they never argue with
me. Eventually, they came out like that. I wish we
had time. I would show you some of the
video. You see a sea of heads. Then,
eventually they had to invite me to the
presidency to come and minister in the chapel
there. Then, after that, they called members of Deeper Life to please always attend the
presidency…the chaplaincy there called them…
a lot of things happening. It's a new day.
Because it's a new day, we need to allow all
these things to melt away.
By the way, by the way, this kind of dressing that we have now…look up here. Are you
there? This tie…Did Jesus where a tie? Did He
where a coat? It's a different kind of dressing.
This one is not Jewish dress. This one is not
New Testament dress. It's just to cover your
unclothedness. This scarf you're putting on…is this the way they wear it in Israel? No. It's just
Nigerian. It's not American. It's not Jewish
either. Don't argue for something that is just
tradition. Do you understand? Are you still
with me? Praise the Lord. I said, "Praise the
Lord." Why are we talking about all this if the latter
rain is going to come? It's going to wash away
a lot of things. When that latter rain comes and
we allow the Lord… Did you see I didn't sit in
front this time because I just wanted to take a
place there? But I wish I…it was too late yesterday when the Washington people were
singing. Did you see their style? And you see
the effect they brought. I know they took it
from the keyboard there, the drumming and
everything. I felt I should have sat over there
to be looking at your faces to see those who are queasy and those who
Deeper Christian Life Ministry 10
Lagos, Nigeria
are bending over, because I said, "Look at
Washington. They're going to step on a lot of
toes today." But I wasn't prepared to look at your faces, but I catch you. Praise the Lord.
What I'm just saying is that there are some of
these things…we call them non-essentials.
When it comes to essential things - that's the
doctrine, that's the Word of God. Jesus is
Savior. There's no other Savior. That's central. But as to the kind of music and the kind of
approach and this tradition and this tradition
and the sisters wearing a cap and others
wearing a scarf and wearing this and wearing
that…cover your unclothedness. Then let's
move on and do the work of God together. Don’t let us spend all our time arguing about
things that I think we ought to outgrow. I
think we can outgrow them. Can we? Praise
the Lord. Are you still with me? Some people
will have stomach problems. They will not be
able to listen to the message today. But I'm going to preach and you will listen. I said,
"You will listen."
By the way, those brothers who are recording,
please record all this along with everything we
are saying so that when we go back to our
localities and everything, we'll hear everything. I know some of you would like to
send this to Nigeria and say, "See what the GS
has come to say in the U.S."
By the way, let me tell you…I've been also
telling them over there. I've been showing
them that this is the way and that in essential things, we're united. In non-essentials, there is
liberty.
Let's close our eyes to pray. I want you to talk
to the Lord now and ask the Lord and say,
"Lord, wash tradition away from my heart.
Whatever will hinder the preaching of the gospel…whatever will hinder…"
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Raypawer(m): 9:10am On Apr 09, 2013
Yes he is blameless and honest
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by chezholy(m): 10:27am On Apr 09, 2013
..C..Coded.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 10:42am On Apr 09, 2013
chezholy: FAKE MAN!!!
You are sick.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by mutualrespect(m): 11:15am On Apr 09, 2013
Care must be taken when we give credit to some servants of God. The truth sometimes is that it is God's verdict that is true & final. That a man is quiet or unpronounced about wealth does mean he is perfect by divine standard. They all have their errors! Moses was quiet yet he did not see the promise land, David was flamboyant yet he was a man after God's own heart.
It is therefore not what we perceive them to be, it is what God says about them that matters. Happy days....
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by SailorXY: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2013
I know most people here saying tithes & offering is fraud are catholics and all the like-sheep. I'm not deeperlife but if you could spare a little time & buy a bible {it's actually cheap}, then read it, you must come to a place where it says "can a man rob God? Yea, ye have robbed me, in tithes & offering." ... "Bring ye all the tithes into the store house {house of God} that there may be meat in my house, & prove me now if I will not open the windows of Heaven & shower down blessings, that there will be not enough room to receive it."
@ topic, Deeperlife, Watchman, The Lord's Chosen for me are exemplary congregations. I don't know about the others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Gerald Glenn Dies Of Coronavirus In US After Holding Church Service / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.