Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Why You Are Not Yet Married - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Are Not Yet Married (17677 Views)

Why Is It That Some Ladies Running 35 Are Not Yet Married? / Is It Good To Move In With A Guy You Are Not Yet Married To / Can A Girl Spend Money And Buy Gifts For A Guy She Is Not Yet Married To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2012
slimyem:
Because ultimately, marriage is not about getting something -- it's about giving it. Strangely, men understand this more than we do. Probably because for them marriage involves sacrificing their most treasured possession -- a free-agent pen1s -- and for us, it's the culmination of a princess fantasy so universal, it built Disneyland.

The bottom line is that marriage is just a long-term opportunity to practice loving someone even when they don't deserve it. Because most of the time, your messy, farting, macaroni-and-cheese eating man will not be doing what you want him to. But as you give him love anyway -- because you have made up your mind to transform yourself into a person who is practicing being kind, deep, virtuous, truthful, giving, and most of all, accepting of your own dear self -- you will find that you will experience the very thing you wanted all along:

Love.

Preach it sister! lol

Permission to steal. . . .?
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
whats that saying that if you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book? just because it was long, most people here just didn't bother to read it. you are looking for a summary. SMH at all those people. una no read novel at all? anyway, slimyem it was a nice post although not entirely true.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by mykejones(m): 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Preach it sister! lol

Lord_Reed:

Preach it sister! lol

Nawa o. Uma want to steal an already stolen writeup without crediting the actual writer ba? Dis na offence o.

1 Like

Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
cindyrella:
And who the fcck told you I was searching for a husband f00l? Mtcheeweeew Ode!
nobody expects you to be searching for one na, after all you ve put yourself through. Dont worry , even @ 69 wedding (not marriage) is still possible
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by LordReed(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
mykejones:
Nawa o. Uma want to steal an already stolen writeup without crediting the actual writer ba? Dis na offence o.

Guy learn humour, it is good for your health.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Joyland(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
slimyem: babes,please read..
Its worth your time..!

Yes it is
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by walexybaba(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2012
This is just a piece of crap, long and dry! Wondering hw it got to d front page, @modrator: wetin u dey tink, abi she gave u a kiss?
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by pearlhapi(f): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
val_dee:

Not at all. Just curious.
curiousity killled the dash[complete it]
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Leyelyzo: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
Though long, however lepaxious ur piece makes some sense. Dont mind the gullible ones, let them keep deceiving themselves
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by funkydoc(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2012
book
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by MariaGoretti: 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2012
pearl~hapi:
c this small sisi talkin marriageā€¢gan stay one place goretttttti
am nt a small sisi o... Am ABOUT TO WED o
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2012
pendulasis: madam the last time you said you are married but now you said you are not OK choice a number in the topic that best discrib you

I've never been married. I've never said I've been married.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by WAVixen: 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2012
brokoto: whats that saying that if you want to hide something from a black man, put it in a book? just because it was long, most people here just didn't bother to read it. you are looking for a summary. SMH at all those people. una no read novel at all? anyway, slimyem it was a nice post although not entirely true.

You are a prophet!! I skipped to the third page and saw what you wrote. So much wisdom, a lot of random people complaining about the length of feature writing or extracts of books and call them selves learned. Yes, some pieces may be winding and a bore to read, put in the effort you might get a thing or two.

1 Like

Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by jawjaw1: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2012
@slimyemi
this is the kind of article that women folk should take to their women empowerment forums for discussion.
they should disect each of the points raised and discuss it to a logical conclusion
i will serve them as much as trying to emphasize their need for women rights.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
slimyem yem na husband u dey look for or wetin?
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2012
This is copy and paste...but atleast someone was wise enough to share it with NLers for us to benefit from it..Even to copy nd paste such long article isnt that easy...the precious time meant for other things was used to post this...Instead the good action was met with critism..SMH...OP next time make reference
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
lefulefu: slimyem yem na husband u dey look for or wetin?
Lefool lefool....lng time my broda....Na women empowerment ooo...Single but not searching....One day una go search last last noni....By the time u don do bridesmaid for five or six of ur friends the search wey u go search go pass google own...mscheww!!!
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by flexdee(m): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
just can't withstand ds long story, am outta here.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by pendulasis: 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2012
ogugua88:

I've never been married. I've never said I've been married.

this topic is not about you i would have prefaired you not responding cus you could not remember saying it i remember moonraker asking you if you are married and you said yes you also have your pics on that topic thats why you need be caucious on what you say

you need check the topic -pictures-of-nairalanders-please-post-yours to remember
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Iconium(m): 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
Nice intensions I assume....but, some lines are not well constructed. A thorough summarry/editting will do.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by JimOvia: 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
@slimyem dis is lovely. Most of those commenting negatively didn't read through. They must have only read the sub-topics. I'm impressed. Shows you are smart. Single girls need to read this, re-evaluate themselves, accept the bitter truth, and change their mentality.
Would like to know you better. Add me pin:290AF594. Pls use slimyem in the request so I don't add the wrong person.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by sparko1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2012
just curious, how the did some of us graduate from school if those few passages are too long? @op Nice writeup/post.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
I think some ladies here are just bitter cos dis post pricks their conscience. They need 2 print and laminate a copy of dis post and read it every nite b4 sleep.

1 Like

Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by greatgod2012(f): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
WebSurfer: Am not used to being rude, but know this, your display doesn't seem like you r an adult.

u can say that again and again and again and againnnnnnnn
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Tolaaaaannni(f): 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2012
@op non of those apply to me I simply want to get somewhere, education wise before i say "I do". Anyways sha age is still on my side so there is nothing to rush for. undecided
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Mobatine(f): 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2012
i hard about all you said about why some ladies don,t married my question is 'if you are in love with someone but it is either not your tribe person your parents are so about inter tribal marriages what will you do? secondly, can one married his class mate or someone older then her?
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2012
pearl~hapi:
curiousity killled the dash[complete it]

I will turn a blind eye.
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by chuzyemx: 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2012
slimyem:
#no time!#
bitch slim tot u authored all dis ur write up n even tot most of d experience are urs,u must be a good copy cat,u dnt even mind referencin it or beta still a source. U SUCKs,though nice writeup 4rm d main author
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by brain54(m): 10:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
Crap
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
pendulasis: this topic is not about you i would have prefaired you not responding cus you could not remember saying it i remember moonraker asking you if you are married and you said yes you also have your pics on that topic thats why you need be caucious on what you say

you need check the topic -pictures-of-nairalanders-please-post-yours to remember

I know it's not about me. You asked me a question though. I thought I was allowed to answer it. Forgive me for I haff sinned.

If you're so sure, find the post and prove me wrong smiley
Re: Why You Are Not Yet Married by stivin(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2012
WOW SLIMEYEM, really your post is one of the few post on nairaland lately that i have read through thoroughly though its long.
a wise lady would read and learn coz theres a huge difference btw a galfriend or fVkmate and a wife.you ve done justice to this.....SSD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies, When You Have Desire For Sex, What Do You Do? / My Most Embarrassing Sex Ever Happened Yesterday / Have You Kissed Since The Outbreak Of EBOLA? Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.