Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Is church an investment?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is church an investment?? (3455 Views)

How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics / Is Church Attendance Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is church an investment?? by saintvc(m): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2012
SOW A SEED
WHAT U SOW, U REAP
GOD BLESES A CHEERFUL GIVER
GIVE TO THE LORD
U WIL RECIVE DOUBLE

These are some of d words we hear from pastors when urgin the members to give unto d lord.

To me, these words reduces religion to buisnes. Church is like an investment.

E.g The church member has 500,000.he wants to invest.d bank gives 2% interest.in a year, d bank would gve 600,000..on getin to church, pastor says WITH FAITH, SOW A SEED OF 500,000 AND U RECIVE 1 MILION IN 6 MONTHS.

What hapens in 2 years when he doesnt rcve d money,? He goes to d pastor and is told he lacks faith.he cant go to court,he wil surely loose.HIS MONEY IS GONE.

When we give , we should gve wilingly, whole heartdly witout xpectin anytin in return.

God isnt a buisnes man who trades wit our money and gves us profit.
Pastors stop dis

1 Like

Re: Is church an investment?? by MacDaddy01: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2012
saintvc: SOW A SEED
WHAT U SOW, U REAP
GIVE TO THE LORD
U WIL RECIVE DOUBLE

These are some of d words we hear from pastors when urgin the members to give unto d lord.

To me, these words reduces religion to buisnes. Church is like an investment.

E.g The church member has 500,000.he wants to invest.d bank gives 2% interest.in a year, d bank would gve 600,000..on getin to church, pastor says WITH FAITH, SOW A SEED OF 500,000 AND U RECIVE 1 MILION IN 6 MONTHS.

What hapens in 2 years when he doesnt rcve d money,? He goes to d pastor and is told he lacks faith.he cant go to court,he wil surely loose.HIS MONEY IS GONE.

When we give , we should gve wilingly, whole heartdly witout xpectin anytin in return.

God isnt a buisnes man who trades wit our money and gves us profit.
Pastors stop dis

Church is a business
Re: Is church an investment?? by Joagbaje(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
saintvc: SOW A SEED
WHAT U SOW, U REAP
GIVE TO THE LORD
U WIL RECIVE DOUBLE

So do you know more than God? Are they not quoting Gods word?
Re: Is church an investment?? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
Why are you fighting against Biblical principles? Why not mind your business? For me, I choose to believe the pastors words and that's what works for me...
Re: Is church an investment?? by mkmyers45(m): 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
Pastor is using God's word for ministry purpose na..abi you don tire to pay?
Re: Is church an investment?? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
mkmyers45: Pastor is using God's word for ministry purpose na..abi you don tire to pay?
No mind the guy, we dey dey reap blessings, another man dey complain.. Im sabi pass God?
Abeg, leave tori for talkatives...
Re: Is church an investment?? by mkmyers45(m): 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
musKeeto:
No mind the guy, we dey dey reap blessings, another man dey complain.. Im sabi pass God?
Abeg, leave tori for talkatives...
The ministry must move forward grin grin
Re: Is church an investment?? by saintvc(m): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2012
Joagbaje:

they are quotin God's word to suit their selfish interest.
Re: Is church an investment?? by PastorKun(m): 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2012
Joagbaje:

On the contrary they are quoting the bible out of context; I.e twisting the scriptures to disguise their lust for money.

1 Like

Re: Is church an investment?? by Goshen360(m): 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
I have seen/heard about ALL KINDS of SEED SOWING in my lifetime stipulated by some/many MoG but never mentioned in the bible that I can't mention them all.
Re: Is church an investment?? by Goshen360(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
Watch "MONEY AND MINISTRY - YOU SHALL NOT COVET"

Every Christian needs to pay careful attention to the words of the narrator from 1:53 - end of the video. God bless you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCSmoyh30LQ?version=3&hl=en
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 10:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
Joagbaje:

will you shut up.
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2012
musKeeto: Why are you fighting against Biblical principles? Why not mind your business? For me, I choose to believe the pastors words and that's what works for me...

hellooooooo!
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 10:51pm On Aug 19, 2012
Goshen360: I have seen/heard about ALL KINDS of SEED SOWING in my lifetime stipulated by some/many MoG but never mentioned in the bible that I can't mention them all.

true
Re: Is church an investment?? by Joagbaje(m): 8:37am On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

will you shut up.

are you afraid of me?
Re: Is church an investment?? by Joagbaje(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2012
Pastor Kun:

On the contrary they are quoting the bible out of context; I.e twisting the scriptures to disguise their lust for money.

church money does not belong to the pastors. most pastors have their own jobs and businesses. except Some, like the G.O. or others who God may not allow to work by the reason of their increasing responsibilities. most denominations send men with good job into pastoring. he gives his tithe or offerings like everyone else. so who is duping who? ministry is responsibility.
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 9:07am On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

are you afraid of me?

hahaha

am not afraid of you.

and sorry for the "shut up".

i just hate exploitation.

We can at least speak out against lies.

If people learn to call a sped-a sped then we will begin to discourage evil around us.
Peace
Re: Is church an investment?? by Joagbaje(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

hahaha

am not afraid of you.

and sorry for the "shut up".
es
i just hate exploitation.

We can at least speak out against lies.

If people learn to call a sped-a sped then we will begin to discourage evil around us.
Peace

The fact that certain abuse might have taken place does not nullify the word . Giving and receiving is a kingdom principle . Jesus preached it, paul preached it. We must take Gods word for what it says beyond. Our emotions.
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

church money does not belong to the pastors. most pastors have their own jobs and businesses. except Some, like the G.O. or others who God may not allow to work by the reason of their increasing responsibilities. most denominations send men with good job into pastoring. he gives his tithe or offerings like everyone else. so who is duping who? ministry is responsibility.

tithing is not for christians but was exclusively a jewish thing.

That a church tith is a fraud at it best and shows a lack of regard for God and his new arragement.

What do you think was the light load Jesus was talking about when inviting people and saying:

"come to me all you that are toiling and heavy laden and i shall give you rest, my LOAD is LIGHT"

you fraudstars should better change and have a life.

Why will the apostle paul be a tenth maker if he was a tith collector?

Who is a general overseer?
Is he working harder than paul?

Paul travelled all around asia minor on foot and boat without the benefit of modern transport yet still make tenth(work) to feed himself, then you say that this greedy fraudstars overseer are having more responsibility.

Must their responsibility call for tith?

Why not free willing donation?
Re: Is church an investment?? by LordReed(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2012
Luke 6
King James Version (KJV)
20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said,....
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.......
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Re: Is church an investment?? by Joagbaje(m): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

tithing is not for christians but was exclusively a jewish thing.

That a church tith is a fraud at it best and shows a lack of regard for God and his new arragement.

We are not discussing tithes here. But the doctrine of giving and receiving . And for your information , tithing wasnt a Jewish affair but a principle based on the bible like others such as faith, prayer,worship offerings,, etc. They all pre existed the Jewish law and the Jewish nation. And there's never a place in the bible where God put an end to it or them. I don't like to enter debate on tithe . Let everyone be convinced in his own mind.
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 1:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

We are not discussing tithes here. But the doctrine of giving and receiving . And for your information , tithing wasnt a Jewish affair but a principle based on the bible like others such as faith, prayer,worship offerings,, etc. They all pre existed the Jewish law and the Jewish nation. And there's never a place in the bible where God put an end to it or them. I don't like to enter debate on tithe . Let everyone be convinced in his own mind.

if you dont want to enter a debate on tith then dont come to a public forum and say the above.

Do you really understand what the bible book of Hebrews 7 says on the issue of tith?

"That in the former arrangement it was men that are dying that receives tith"

are you saying that on this new arrengement that it is still also men that are dying that will also receive tith?

What then is the essence of classing it as "in the former it was men that are dying"

are the men that you are asking to collect tith not dying again?
Re: Is church an investment?? by Joagbaje(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
truthislight:

Do you really understand what the bible book of Hebrews 7 says on the issue of tith?

"That in the former arrangement it was men that are dying that receives tith"

are you saying that on this new arrengement that it is still also men that are dying that will also receive tith?

What then is the essence of classing it as "in the former it was men that are dying"

are the men that you are asking to collect tith not dying again?

Men that died refers to the high priest under levitical order. But Jesus is our high priest under melchizedek order. What's the big deal
Re: Is church an investment?? by spicyv1(f): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ OP: it is actually a lack θf understanding that would make one to sow without having any expectation! Does a farmer sow seeds without expecting a harvest? Infact, the reason that people that sow do not receive anything is because they closed their mind by not expecting anything! Effective sowing is sowing with an expectation θf a specific harvest! So yes you must expect something in return because there is no harvest without a seed! Why would the bible talk about seed time and harvest or θf a man reaping what he sows?

Please wisen up if you want to start getting results!
Re: Is church an investment?? by dekung(m): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

Uncle Jo,
Could you pls tell the house how the issue of tithe precede the Jewish law bearing in mind that there was only one record of Abraham giving tithe which came from spoils of war and another account was that of Jacob promisin to give God a tenth of all he had if he becomes successful however there was no record of him ever fulfilling this promise
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

Men that died refers to the high priest under levitical order. But Jesus is our high priest under melchizedek order. What's the big deal

meaning that the new high priest is Jesus that does not die and does not need tith.

If you have to give men that dies tith you are taking us back to the old order.

Since the high priest has been change and we have a new high priest that does not operate as the former why do you still demand from us the things that the former high priest needed?

The new high priest need only a sacrifice of lips Hebrews 13:15

to go therefor and make disciples of people of all nations matthew 24:14 and matthew 28:18-20.

If all christians are as busy as apostle paul preaching why will they have to pay tith to others?

In the old system it was only the livite that work in the temple in behalf of all the nation of israel.

The livite has no inheritance no land but the temple work.

That was there assignment.

But for the christians they where all to be preachers not having a master or lord except christ there leader.

So why would someone want to sit and collect tith?

Was the command to pay tith something the apostle forgot to do?

Did you hear any of them demand for tith?

Did they forget?

If they all were to preach who then will pay tith to who?
Re: Is church an investment?? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

You have brought here the subject of tithing.
You know that tithes were paid offerings (grains, oils) that were burned in hulocausto honoring God.
Tithing, as shepherds crooks charge, is simply a robbery ...
In Malachi, God punishes with tithing, pastors Levites, because they had stolen from God ...
The Gentiles have never paid tithe.
Now, returning to the theme ...
Asking a Pastor not turn your church into a profit-making enterprise is difficult ... Why?
Because the pastor knows he is stealing ... all pastors who charge tithe and pressuring the faithful to pay, they know they are stealing ... Jesus never did that ...
Unfortunately, there are many idiots who believe in the lies of the shepherds, and let stolen.
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
spicy v: @ OP: it is actually a lack θf understanding that would make one to sow without having any expectation! Does a farmer sow seeds without expecting a harvest? Infact, the reason that people that sow do not receive anything is because they closed their mind by not expecting anything! Effective sowing is sowing with an expectation θf a specific harvest! So yes you must expect something in return because there is no harvest without a seed! Why would the bible talk about seed time and harvest or θf a man reaping what he sows?

Please wisen up if you want to start getting results!

lies.

Is that why atheist are the richest people on earth?

The bile says that all christian should do work.

Donation should be voluntary and not under compulsion/necessity for God 2corinthianian 9:7
Re: Is church an investment?? by truthislight: 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2012
dekung:
Uncle Jo,
Could you pls tell the house how the issue of tithe precede the Jewish law bearing in mind that there was only one record of Abraham giving tithe which came from spoils of war and another account was that of Jacob promisin to give God a tenth of all he had if he becomes successful however there was no record of him ever fulfilling this promise

the issue of giving tith by abraham was use to show that since Jesus christ priest hood is in the fashion of melchizedek that it was superior than that of Aron who was a son of Abraham that paye tith to melchizedek.

That Jesus high priest status was in the manner of melchizedek = direct appointment by God. Superior to Aron.

Since his appoinment is not through heridetery. Father to son.
But direct from God. Like melchizedek.

That is why that hebrews 7 says that it is obvious. That our lord sprang from a tribe that there was no mention of officiating in the alter but that he was of the tribe of Judah.
Re: Is church an investment?? by MacDaddy01: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
Re: Is church an investment?? by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 21, 2012
Joagbaje:

liar. Ichabod. Then ofedepo, oyakhilome and adeboya and the likes must return all their planes, business ventures, t.v networks etc they used church money for business.
Re: Is church an investment?? by spicyv1(f): 11:19am On Aug 21, 2012
truthislight:

lies.

Is that why atheist are the richest people on earth?

The bile says that all christian should do work.

Donation should be voluntary and not under compulsion/necessity for God 2corinthianian 9:7

I advice you to carefully read and understand a post before you reply! Your response doesn't address anything sited in my post. I never addressed the issue θf voluntary or compulsory giving! My focus was on ensuring to have an expectation when giving.

I recently read a report where the world billionaires where asked to give away half θf their wealth, the likes θf Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have done that and in their own words, "giving is truly the only means θf receiving". Even the atheist acknowledge the law θf giving with an expectation θf receiving!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zuckerberg Is An Atheist, Why Do You Still Use Facebook? / Euthanasia / Believers, Does Your God Obey The Natural Laws Of Nature?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.