Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? (11743 Views)

The Scary Thing A Couple Received As Wedding Gift (photo) / 10 Wonderful Gifts You Could Give Your Parents On Their Wedding Anniversary / Gifts For Mother In Law After Omugwo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by ariyokunle: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
Funny sha! I dont tink its funny. I've seen a raped microwave oven with a wet mentrapad in it. Atimes d class u invite maters but better-stil, we are africans,and here marriage means alot to our background if we claim we dont care or tink we've gone western,then so b it but those who brougth d gift nos wat it meant, if u dont.mayb later in life u would need to get more serious when people do tins u dont undastd.pestle murtal are for cooking abi..... ...am laughing in greek.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
ayobase:

I found it ODD though, maybe cos Im a yoruba guy....pls, my comment is pure!
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by ariyokunle: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
Funny sha! I dont tink its funny. I've seen a raped microwave oven with a wet mentrapad in it. Atimes d class u invite maters but better-stil, we are africans,and here marriage means alot to our background if we claim we dont care or tink we've gone western,then so b it but those who brougth d gift nos wat it meant, if u dont.mayb later in life u would need to get more serious when people do tins u dont undastd.pestle &morta are for cooking abi..... ...am laughing in greek.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2012
Condom?mortar and pestle?
Condom is to reduce the number of child birth to avoid over-population.
mortar and pestle-how dem tey wrap am?and who wan caryy such?we mad gan for naija o,chai,i love Nigeria.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by dnawah(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
nonen: My elder brother just got wedded last Saturday. We were going through the trailer load of gifts received, I was so amazed at some kind of funny gifts people still present these days:
Kerosene Lantern
Kerosene Stove
Pounding Mortar and Pestle
Hand Fan
etc
Pls lets share some funny gifts we've received or seen people receive after celebrations such as weddings, birthdays, get-togethers, etc.
are you living in the Uk?pls UPS all of it back here 4 some people need it urgently.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by ogbenichoky(m): 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
U shud expect ridiculous gifts esp with dis prevailing mentality dat weddins ar opportunities to raise capital, and ur guest are only eligible 2 recieve sorverniers in exchange 4 dia gift..
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Lakayana: 5:55pm On Aug 26, 2012
nonen: Who still uses kerosene lantern, hand fans and morter and pestle in the big city. What are the electricity charged lamps meant for? What are blenders meant for? What are electric fans meant for? I can only say the type of gift presented reflects the capacity of the senders mind.
If you want real pounded yam it has to be the mortar and pestle
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by AKMoney1(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
[b]
berem: my dear there is nothing odd about it. Even yorubas use mortar and pestle. Its a traditional item every woman should have at home irrespective of your tribe. If you don't have it try get one. wink

Irrespective of tribe? shocked shocked shocked
So my Caucasian gf should get one too if we got married grin grin
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by a1solution: 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
any gift you receive appreciate its not easy. you nor know how the person pocket be so accept it ok!
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
nonen: Who still uses kerosene lantern, hand fans and morter and pestle in the big city. What are the electricity charged lamps meant for? What are blenders meant for? What are electric fans meant for? I can only say the type of gift presented reflects the capacity of the senders mind.
we get motar nd pestle 4 m house o.2 pound afang nd sm kain thngs blender no fit.wivout it kitchn go run down.d kerolamp sha me i no knw o
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by OmoAlata(f): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2012
During my wedding, we received loads of glasses: tall glasses, short glasses, wine glasses, beer glasses, drinking glasses, flutes, green glasses grin grin

I think everyone thought they'd be unique. Even after 5 kids who have each smashed their own share of glasses, we still have a cupboard full grin grin
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by uyogabie(f): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
Piece of paper in an envelope on my wedding day.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2012
These parts of a duck

Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by zone77(m): 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2012
when i was browsing tru my uncle's gift,
most of the envelopes were EMPTY,am serious.
Lol..i was baffled,well thats the joy of it
my uncle also received mortar n pestle @ d reception bt nt wrappd.
So i c nutin wrong in all

@op...
Their's nutin wrong in al those tins,cos i bliv thats what their money can buy,its beta they giv u that than non.so gud use of it
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by mountainbaba: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2012
Fairly used wristwatch wch ws neatly wrapd
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by PresGEJ(m): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2012

Here is my own list:

1] The Presidency - Some call it dumb luck; I say it's a gift
2] Newspaper Adverts - Those ones lift up my spirit after so much bashing by ignorant Nigerians; but I have to pretend I don't like them
3] Delegations of sycophants from every nook and cranny of Nigeria - Time wasters; except when election is approaching
4] A church building - I nor send the yeye guy oh! Church?! Of all gifts?!
5] Women - They find me irresistable now, unlike before (I mean, look at Pay-tience; that was my best in those days)
6] Loads of Benjamins - The most useful

Your Presido

Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Diamonddamsel: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
uyogabie: Piece of paper in an envelope on my wedding day.
Exactly the same thing someone gave me for my wedding.Just wrote Happy married life in it.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Diamonddamsel: 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2012
uyogabie: Piece of paper in an envelope on my wedding day.
Exactly the same thing someone gave me for my wedding too.Just wrote Happy married life in it.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Clairette(f): 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2012
ayobase:

How would they write their names.
IDIOTIC set off MORONS!
Whats there to stay put if u have not or just envelop a token (anything u have, even an equivalent to bread)
Thats called ridiculing!

Ayo ba? I'm not surprise at u! I know ur kind. Ur comments on this thread r quite disgusting.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by ayobase(m): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2012
berem: my dear there is nothing odd about it. Even yorubas use mortar and pestle. Its a traditional item every woman should have at home irrespective of your tribe. If you don't have it try get one. wink

U are not getting me Berem....having is not an issue (I have it of course), but the presentation at the wedding ground!
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by ayobase(m): 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2012
Iyaqueen: I hv got morta nd pestle nd I leave in d uk,I most show my omo ondo swagger o smiley

U are gonna make a good wife and mother!
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by ayobase(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2012
Clairette:

Ayo ba? I'm not surprise at u! I know ur kind. Ur comments on this thread r quite disgusting.

Lady, pls watch it!
Can u recap my position based on this topic in two lines.......
(while doing that, load in ur sense of humour)
Pls, watch it!
And she knows my kind.....CAN I IMAGINE!
Again, watch it pls!
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Diakpa(m): 11:42pm On Aug 26, 2012
Do u use a blender to pound yam or to extract the oil from banga?
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Ninilowo(m): 1:33am On Aug 27, 2012
During the christening of my son a woman gave us N20!
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by F00028: 4:43am On Aug 27, 2012
nonen:

...I remember I mentioned devices that are phasing 'em out.
obviously you were wrong.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Otses(f): 7:05am On Aug 27, 2012
I attended a wedding on saturday, and the couple were given dry fish as gift!
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by abrahkyn: 7:13am On Aug 27, 2012
Mine was a copy of our reception programme in an envelope in order to collect survenir. I was amazed that someone could do that.
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by hammedkola(m): 8:53am On Aug 27, 2012
ifyalways: Internet Nigerians!

Only on nld would you hear that pestle and mortar and co. Should not be found in homes again because we have yam pounders and blenders.

Tufiakwa, olohun maje...Why will i eat pounded yam made from yam pounders..It can never be the same and that is the originality of pounding with mortal n pestle
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by yam: 9:09am On Aug 27, 2012
you guys are funny...........

Do you know Prince Williams receive flowers on his wedding day?
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Yaya6: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2012
nonen: My elder brother just got wedded last Saturday. We were going through the trailer load of gifts received, I was so amazed at some kind of funny gifts people still present these days:
Kerosene Lantern
Kerosene Stove
Pounding Mortar and Pestle
Hand Fan
etc
Pls lets share some funny gifts we've received or seen people receive after celebrations such as weddings, birthdays, get-togethers, etc.

Definitely, his village clans attended the ceremony
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by snthesis(m): 11:29am On Aug 27, 2012
beblessed: I think every Nigerian home should have morta and pestle. I feel 4 men whose wives cannot make some local dishes, which when prepared with morta n pestle taste better. Try local fresh onion stew in morta n your life will not remain the same... All these modern appliances, though fast, will lead us to early grave.
pls marry me kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Funny Gifts You Received After Celebrations? by Flakeey(f): 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
princenino4u: i recieve condom on my bday day

yeye boi...onisekuse

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth To Triplets As 12th Delivery / Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners / Marriage And Zodiac Sign Compability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.