Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Guys, Let's Talk Business - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guys, Let's Talk Business (50194 Views)

Nigeria: Product Or Service? Lets Talk Business! / Do You Live In The Uk And Want To Talk Business? Lets Talk. / Are U Into Building Construction?...... Then Lets Talk Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
osisey2010: Love this thread... And am in, am in lagos and love to be carried along, following this thread as well. Let nobody come up with the idea of buying ebooks or paid seminars please.
do good to post ur valid e-mail address here.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2012
2ruink:
do good to post ur valid e-mail address here.

Yeah, send me an email and make sure you add the Namibian group on your Facebook like". You don't have to release much of your innovative idea on here, get people that are energized and educated first, schedule your meeting ground and then hit the breek . There are lots of business potentials in Nigeria and I wish Naijas can overshadow those Asians and Indians that come to their backyard to steal em.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2012
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by zicoamani(m): 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2012
I have always wanted to be part of this kind of discussion but now i think i have been opportune. This group can can be one of the best discussion group if we can pull our resource together. we truly need meeting point, but i think we should consider our various location as this can favor some and be of disadvantage to some people as well. We are now in a global village and I think we can start from here, and as time goes on we can then decide whether to have a discussion website or any other means we can use as a medium for our meeting on the internet. Its just my suggestion.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2012
zicoamani: I have always wanted to be part of this kind of discussion but now i think i have been opportune. This group can can be one of the best discussion group if we can pull our resource together. we truly need meeting point, but i think we should consider our various location as this can favor some and be of disadvantage to some people as well. We are now in a global village and I think we can start from here, and as time goes on we can then decide whether to have a discussion website or any other means we can use as a medium for our meeting on the internet. Its just my suggestion.
very good idea. it is important to creat a good platform here by outlining our objectives before considering round table talk. to achieve this, we need to drop conceptual observation and contributions to help us have a refined aim
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 001solar(m): 8:32pm On Aug 31, 2012
where can i get this paint materials in Lagos (Accrilyic, Titan, Natrozon) you can reach me on 08055305003
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by stpat1(m): 12:27am On Sep 01, 2012
2ruink:
Your contribution is vital and I inplore you not to relent. Do good to tell us how far you have gone in getting people together in P/H.

Yea I've met with about 2 guys, but I was disappointed when one of the guys said the money will be going into his account since he's the major investor in a lucrative sand supply biz I wanted us to run on a % terms. that's how greedy some people are.

empron:
hello dude where are you in ph.I started two biz last year but failed.I am starting another one and highly optimistic that i will make it.i stay in odili road via abuloma road.i will mail you.

No probs, I'll await your email.

hairtrade:
Dear Friends,

We are a company based in New Delhi, the capital of India and are involved in the Hair business( Both Indian and Brazilian Hair). We have been working in Ghana, Zimbabwe, USA, Zambia and now look for partners in Nigeria to expand our business in this high-growth economy.

Help us in understanding the Nigerian market. Please Post your valuable tips and guidelines about how to approach the Nigerian Market. We wish to understand user behaviour, choices and preferences.

If you can send some samples, I can introduce it to some major salons around and see their reaction to it. then the price has to be competitive too. I'm in PH.

barikay: now i knw u meant business. I wil lik u to giv a clue of hw d whole thing is going to run. Are we going to bring ideas to d table and pursue d most lucrative one as an organisation or individually? Even though we are going to meet lets hav an idea of what is going to be discuss

This is why I want a mutually agreed place and time for us to discuss on the different biz Ideas we have, and the pursue the most lucrative one after scrutinizing and reviewing it in circumspect.

So interested guys in PH should just send me a mail with the title "PH BIZ, I'm interested". you phone numbers, location and when best is free for you should be stated in the mail. Then I can get back to you after consulting everyone so we can fix a place and time to meet.

saintpatrics@gmail.com
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:06am On Sep 01, 2012
Nigeria is blessed with abandoned natural resources. What about going down to South west to buy Red Bricks and sell in eastern states to those that are into building materials? It is just a thought,I don't really know if the market is saturated already.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:08am On Sep 01, 2012
At the moment, I am studying other African countries and may end up investing in Namibia or Mauritius.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Fasterboy: 9:56am On Sep 01, 2012
Pacemaker: At the moment, I am studying other African countries and may end up investing in Namibia or Mauritius.
u seem so interested in Namibia. what is the opportunity there like?
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by DANILSA(m): 4:42pm On Sep 01, 2012
Am in Abuja but surely loves the brilliant ideas. No body here seems to be in Abuja. @pacesetter just sent u a mail did expect some more info from you.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2012
Fasterboy:
u seem so interested in Namibia. what is the opportunity there like?

I would advise you start with the organization made mentioned of above. Namibia is a stable economy, less corrupt that Nigeria and also investors friendly. I would advise you do an independent research and find what interest you.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2012
[quote author=DANILSA]Am in Abuja but surely loves the brilliant ideas. No body here seems to be in Abuja. @pacesetter just sent u a mail did expect some more info from you.[/quote
I am USA based and won't be able to seat down with anyone to discuss biz . I visit Naija often and live in Wuse 2 and Owerri. You don't have to be in Lagos to make money,Abuja is a greater atmosphere for business, you are in the position to know what is been lacked out there. Although, from my observation, servicing maybe a great idea. If you have the money, import washer machines that uses ATM card for transaction, open from 10 am to 10pm daily. I didn't receive your email sir, discussing biz when you have no capital is considered dreaming. Send me an email again, I got that of the OP and that was it.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2012
If also you have the capital, take your time, carry out a feasibility study before venturing into any business. Me mentioning those countries does not mean I am starting this year or next year but will definitely visit those aforementioned countries in due time. Greed , distrust kills business and that is why lots of successful Nigerians in western countries would rather do business in other African countries.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by duzor: 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2012
Nice one folks.. This is surely needed at this time. I've some good opportunities also. I'm ready to share.. email me @ umalasowe@yahoo.com
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by stpat1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 01, 2012
Its better to know about the biz you want to get involved in first before injecting funds
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 5:37am On Sep 02, 2012
For those of you worrying about been left out because you live in a different city rather that Lagos, don't worry I think I have found a solution for you. The Host of your meeting should be able to own a stable internet service and ask all members to log on to www.doxwox.com for a live conference meeting. This application is free and it solves worries of been at a distance place. I have fed you guys with enough information, I may start charging consultancy fees. I am not a friend of intellectually lazy people,if you are waiting on others to steal their ideas, you may not succeed in the long run.....

1 Like

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by segunjowo(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2012
Hello all,
I am officially subscribing to this thread.
I recently opened a shop and currently deal in egg biz. The business is fair at this stage but it can be better with more resources at my disposal. The biz thrives more on volume supplies in crates. For example, if I can supply 1000 crates at a time I will make more money than supplying 50 crates. What I need for expansion now is a bus to move around for my demand/supply. Interested investors can help me in this area. If u hav a bus capable of transporting egg and other farm produce pls come invest in this business. I assure u of a good return on investment. I am also open for other business ideas, especially fast-lane biz such as restaurant/bar with viewing centers or transport biz. I knw they can't fail wit a good plan. I hav some business plans handy for angel investors to see and possibly adopt.
I stay in Lagos. My bb pin is 2113C91F. My mail: segunjowo200f@yahoo.com. You might want to follow the link in my signature for a residual income in $$ even while you are asleep, doing nothing.
@pacemaker. I salute ur gesture. Thanks man. Also to the op and other contributors, thanks ya all.
Pls add my mail ID to the mailing list of your notification for meetings in Lagos, or for other important forum discuss. No spam mail pls.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2012
segunjowo: Hello all,
I am officially subscribing to this thread.
I recently opened a shop and currently deal in egg biz. The business is fair at this stage but it can be better with more resources at my disposal. The biz thrives more on volume supplies in crates. For example, if I can supply 1000 crates at a time I will make more money than supplying 50 crates. What I need for expansion now is a bus to move around for my demand/supply. Interested investors can help me in this area. If u hav a bus capable of transporting egg and other farm produce pls come invest in this business. I assure u of a good return on investment. I am also open for other business ideas, especially fast-lane biz such as restaurant/bar with viewing centers or transport biz. I knw they can't fail wit a good plan. I hav some business plans handy for angel investors to see and possibly adopt.
I stay in Lagos. My bb pin is 2113C91F. My mail: segunjowo200f@yahoo.com. You might want to follow the link in my signature for a residual income in $$ even while you are asleep, doing nothing.
@pacemaker. I salute ur gesture. Thanks man. Also to the op and other contributors, thanks ya all.
Pls add my mail ID to the mailing list of your notification for meetings in Lagos, or for other important forum discuss. No spam mail pls.

I am glad to know you are doing something for yourself. By His Grace some one will come to your rescue and your wish will be granted. If you guys can follow all what I said above, I foresee growth in Naija economy. In the USA majority of companies are owned by private investors. We should do away with the habit of waiting for some one to hand fed us,stay positive and keep on exploring every angle in your intelligence.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by FYsol: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2012
Aiyeremi2008@hotmail.com
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by zicoamani(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2012
I am 100% in for this tread. for any information regarding this tread, my email is azeezyusuf.com@gmail.com.
@2ruink, i salute your courage once again for initiating this tread, may God almighty continue to grant you wisdom.@peacemaker, you are a genius and i really commend your contribution so far, We need someone like you to be actively involve in this group discussion. How i wish you are here whenever we hold our first meeting but the most important thing is that you are part of Us. I can see people with inspirational ideas and who are willing to contribute to the growth of this group, Together we can achieve great things.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by DANILSA(m): 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
[quote author=Pacemaker][/quote] I actually have two business proposal one is setting up a fast food, av been in the system for some years now, but am patient till I get a sponsor cos it's capital intensive. Secondly am working with some studio owners to promote young upcoming artist, it's a project were still working on.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by DANILSA(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
Av ran two business previously one was supplying cold food but I could not continue because my capital was tied down due to credit, I had to quit. The second was a laundry business, but the business needed close supervision since my workers are thieves, I had to close it when I was leaving portharcourt to Abuja. life goes on.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2012
I'm not big on group stuff. So, while I salute the effort, I don't think I'll be subscribing.

Pacemaker has done us quite a few favors. That's great. Thank you, sir.

Now, here is my own two kobo. Business is not some new fell-out-of-the-sky-oh-so-special idea. It's simply relationship. You get stuck in the returns you want, you lose opportunities staring you in the face.

You've got to live with your brains on. That's how you'll get ideas. For the past two months or so, my health hasn't been too good because of the incredible rate at which I have been working and developing one idea that keeps birthing so many more. You don't think up ideas. You see them in the way people greet you and conversations you overhear and probably participate in in the bus that takes you to work. You hear it in the news. You speak it everytime you complain about something.

The problem is that ideas are like the fetus in a woman's womb. They need intensive care and nurturing. This translates to thought and willingness to open them up at the right times to people you think are able to help you develop them.

I'm not afraid of sharing my idea with people when it's new. You know why? Because what I make of it eventually can never be the same thing any other person can. That's why I encourage you guys to share your ideas with people whose intelligence, at least, you respect.

The main piece of advice I want to offer is this: use your heads. Think about what you're doing. What you think is a problem can actually be a new opportunity. I think stpat1's issue with one of his prospective partners is a good example.

One of your prospective partners indicates greed demanding that he be given the right to keep the money got from the biz, if I understand correctly. I'm not sure if the person was asking to be made the treasurer, but if he was and his partnership is needed, rather than throw out his demand, you could ask for some time to work it out or think about it.

You might see in a week how to make him treasurer, secure the money against loss through him, keep his partnership and do a successful biz. Business is thought. You must think. Face the problems and challenges and address them squarely. Money is not made because you created a product that has never been seen or heard of before. In fact, if you did that, who would buy such a strange thing?

Money is made because someone provided a well-thought-out solution to a recognized problem.

God-speed, guys.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by stpat1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2012
Ihedinobi:

The main piece of advice I want to offer is this: use your heads. Think about what you're doing. What you think is a problem can actually be a new opportunity. I think stpat1's issue with one of his prospective partners is a good example.

One of your prospective partners indicates greed demanding that he be given the right to keep the money got from the biz, if I understand correctly. I'm not sure if the person was asking to be made the treasurer, but if he was and his partnership is needed, rather than throw out his demand, you could ask for some time to work it out or think about it.

You might see in a week how to make him treasurer, secure the money against loss through him, keep his partnership and do a successful biz. Business is thought. You must think. Face the problems and challenges and address them squarely. .[/b]

God-speed, guys.

Thanks Ihedinobi, Actually I met the guy again a few hrs ago for us to thrash out the issue of the money to be paid into his account. We reasoned together and we concluded that instead of me, being the one with the idea, connection and doing all the work and only to have the money paid into his account because he's the financier is quite not encouraging.

So what we resolved doing is that, we agreed that the money is only to be paid while we are both present so that he takes his and I take mine. Though he reduced the % I offered but I think its not a bad deal considering he's investing. Its better than letting the opportunity just slip off.

I also need some more biz ideas too, though I am already involved with some Nairalanders and hope to also partake in some other offers presented too with time.

Thanks.

NB: PH guys I'm still calling on biz minded dudes for us to meet somewhere sometime in PH to discuss biz.

@peacemaker, I think we should try and discuss a time and date here for all interested people irrespective of location on www.doxwox.com
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
DANILSA: Am in Abuja but surely loves the brilliant ideas. No body here seems to be in Abuja. @pacesetter just sent u a mail did expect some more info from you.

I just saw on a different post you asking the 5million OP to partner with you? I doubt if he truly has the said amount and do you think such post will attract people with positive mind? I would advise you take your time and read what a guy posted on here, ideas should not be a secret, it all depends on how you ran it. An example is; Jason Njoku that took Naija movies to a differ level, are you telling me that he was the first to start streaming movies online? He is an innovator, you can be one also. Take your existing product and create a niche from it.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2012
DANILSA: I actually have two business proposal one is setting up a fast food, av been in the system for some years now, but am patient till I get a sponsor cos it's capital intensive. Secondly am working with some studio owners to promote young upcoming artist, it's a project were still working on.

Why not open a studio and rent it out hourly? Must you have artist? Fast food joint is great but I would advise you open it at the boarder line between Abuja and Nasarawa state, it maybe cheaper to run
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]I'm not big on group stuff. So, while I salute the effort, I don't think I'll be subscribing.

Pacemaker has done us quite a few favors. That's great. Thank you, sir.

Now, here is my own two kobo. Business is not some new fell-out-of-the-sky-oh-so-special idea. It's simply relationship. You get stuck in the returns you want, you lose opportunities staring you in the face.
You've got to live with your brains on. That's how you'll get ideas. For the past two months or so, my health
hasn't been too good because of the incredible rate at
which I have been working and developing one
idea that keeps birthing so many more. You don't think
up ideas. You see them in the way people greet you
and conversations you overhear and probably
participate in in the bus that takes you to work. You
hear it in the news. You speak it everytime you
complain about something.
The problem is that ideas are like the fetus in a woman's womb. They need intensive care and nurturing. This translates to thought and willingness to open them up at the right times to people you think are able to help you develop them.I'm not afraid of sharing my idea with people when it's new. You know why? Because what I make of it eventually can never be th same thing any other person can. That's why I encourage you guys to share your ideas with people whose intelligence, at least, you respect.
The main piece of advice I want to offer is this: use your
heads. Think about what you're doing. What you think is a problem can actually be a new opportunity. I think stpat1's issue with one of his prospective partners is a good example
One of your prospective partners indicates greed demanding that he be given the right to keep the money got from the biz, if I understand correctly. I'm not sure if the person was asking to be made the treasurer, but if he was and his partnership is needed, rather than throw out his demand, you could ask for some time to work it out or think about itYou might see in a week how to make him treasurer, secure the money against loss through him, keep his partnership and do a successful biz. Business is thought. You must think. Face the problems and challenges and address them squarely. Money is not made because you created a product that has never been seen or heard of before. In fact, if you
did that, who would buy such a strange thing?
[b]Money is made because someone provided a well-thought-out solution to a recognized problem.[/b
God-speed, guys.[/quote
You took the exact words out of my mouth. Thanks a million.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2012
stpat1:

Thanks Ihedinobi, Actually I met the guy again a few hrs ago for us to thrash out the issue of the money to be paid into his account. We reasoned together and we concluded that instead of me, being the one with the idea, connection and doing all the work and only to have the money paid into his account because he's the financier is quite not encouraging.
So what we resolved doing is that, we agreed that the money is only to be paid while we are both present so that he takes his and I take mine. Though he reduced
the % I offered but I think its not a bad deal considering he's investing. Its better than letting the opportunity just
I also need some more biz ideas too, though I am already involved with some Nairalanders and hope to
also partake in some other offers presented too with t
NB: PH guys I'm still calling on biz minded dudes for us to meet somewhere sometime in PH to discuss b
@peacemaker, I think we should try and discuss a time and date here for all interested people irrespective of location on www.doxwox.com
I am on different time zone as you guys, would not
make it to your live meeting. Have you heard of joint account? Please don't scare away your financial backbone, what you should start doing at the moment is build confidence, trust and a personal relationship. It's difficult to find some one that will finance your business without overseeing the profit . My candid advise is to open a joint account with him where by money deposited in the account can be seen via text messaging. Let me share my own idea, I am introducing
Mobile payments to hotels and major food chain
restaurants and also supplying hotels a phone card that can be used world wide with any phone, no roaming charges. People are already doing this but I am adding more juice to it by deploying a differ marketing strategy
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2012
zicoamani: I am 100% in for this tread. for any information regarding this tread, my email is azeezyusuf.com@gmail.com.
@2ruink, i salute your courage once again for initiating this tread, may God almighty continue to grant you wisdom.@peacemaker, you are a genius and i really commend your contribution so far, We need someone like you to be actively involve in this group discussion. How i wish you are here whenever we hold our first meeting but the most important thing is that you are part of Us. I can see people with inspirational ideas and who are willing to contribute to the growth of this group,
Together we can achieve great things.
Thanks my fellow country man. I am very positive and a honest critic. If this group can be well organized, it will grow like a wide fire. Guys please include females in your group, they may have product that appeal to ladies.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
Wow... For the first time, the NL business is taking to its name--Business.

I am thrilled, excited and proud of you guys.

I am also business minded but my kind of biz internet based and most Nigerians are yet to get to that level. Though I have just graduated and lack fund , but I do know I can raise some money.

In a few months time, I should be looking at making software and games to sell on the web, without any programming knowledge.

So guys keep up the good work.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by zicoamani(m): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2012
This tread is growing minute by minute and as we can see the numbers of interested people as also grown. Just like i said in my first post that we can make use of the resources on the internet to hold our discussions and as we can see that Peacemaker has given us a brake through by using the Doxwox free web meeting tools. Once again, thumb up for Peacemaker. @2ruink, how many people do we really need before we can kick off? we don't need to waste time anymore. Please lets pick a date and time and lets the house debate on it. Let's Make use of time, let not advantage slip.
Peace Always

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Shade Okoya And Her Husband, Rasaq, Step Out In Style / Man Went For Shopping With A Bag Filled With 10 Naira Notes.photos And Video. / Dangote Attends Wedding Of President Nana Akufo-Addo's Daughter, Edwina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.