Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Guys, Let's Talk Business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Guys, Let's Talk Business (50232 Views)

Nigeria: Product Or Service? Lets Talk Business! / Do You Live In The Uk And Want To Talk Business? Lets Talk. / Are U Into Building Construction?...... Then Lets Talk Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 7:19am On Sep 04, 2012
2sexy: Ah... Them don hide my post o. Because I mention Seun 4my thread. Pathetic! Backs out
Hahaha....I noticed the moderator hiding post, are you a throll? Some one should advise him to stop the post hiding and focus on topics that are tribal. When I am on Nairaland, I click business section only because that's the only section that interest me.

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 8:57am On Sep 04, 2012
like play like play dis thread don turn to business school. i'm happy! @pacemaker u 2much! Good morning folks, I'm consistently working on the incentives for our lagos meeting and I'm not also oblivious of the necessary logistics. Another issue of interest is security. YES! We really need to safeguard our ideas 'cos it will hurt to watch them grow wings. So i'm working on that area also. I want to implore those in other regions to also try and organize their meetings. And to those who have, on their individual capacities benefited in one way or the other from this business school, do good to share ur testmony here as that will encourage others to share from their bank of knowledge. Yes, a school is where we normally learn by asking questions. My question this morning is on 'google adsense.' Is google adsense real? does it give money as people claim? If yes, how can I benefit from it?
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2012
Bro, the only thing I was that S*** does not care to make this section productive and that if I had the luxury, I would by nairaland. The truth is that when you do something that people want with passion you tend to excel more than when you have your eyes on the money.

I also made reference to a website where I said pacesetter should visit there for just a week.

That's all o and my crime.
Pacemaker:
Hahaha....I noticed the moderator hiding post, are you a throll? Some one should advise him to stop the post hiding and focus on topics that are tribal. When I am on Nairaland, I click business section only because that's the only section that interest me.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2012
2ruink: like play like play dis thread don turn to business school. i'm happy! @pacemaker u 2much! Good morning folks, I'm consistently working on the incentives for our lagos meeting and I'm not also oblivious of the necessary logistics. Another issue of interest is security. YES! We really need to safeguard our ideas 'cos it will hurt to watch them grow wings. So i'm working on that area also. I want to implore those in other regions to also try and organize their meetings. And to those who have, on their individual capacities benefited in one way or the other from this business school, do good to share ur testmony here as that will encourage others to share from their bank of knowledge. Yes, a school is where we normally learn by asking questions. My question this morning is on 'google adsense.' Is google adsense real? does it give money as people claim? If yes, how can I benefit from it?
Thank you for asking question about internet business and it seem I am the only in that area that has joined this board. Bro, Google adsense is real but its not a get rich quick scheme... I don't know whether to discuss this here or not because you are asking a question to reveal how nairaland make their money and my comment maybe hidden again. I hate to make meaniful contribution and it's hidden.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 9:57am On Sep 04, 2012
Look around nairaland and you will see ads all over. When you click on any of those ads, money goes into the account of nairaland.

But you can't make as much as nairaland is making as a start up, because they have come a long way.

The reason why people struggle at making money with adsense is because they take it as a hobby. The moment you see it as a business, the better for you.

The core secret of any successful internet business is content and in the realm of internet marketers who know their stuff, they say 'Content is King.' This means your ability to write quality informative articles that people would want to read such that it makes them stay longer on your website, reading and reading what you wrote and also have them coming back for more.

Of course, it has to be on a topic that people are interested in, something that appeals to large number of people and which they are seriously searching the web for information.

How do you know what people are searching for? You conduct what we call keyword research and find out by analyzing further. This should come first before setting up your website, mostly a blog.

After that, we go on to promote the website and then let people know that your site does exist.

Overall, it requires HARD WORK... Don't let anyone lie to you that it's ever easy to make money online. Internet only made money making simple and not easy. Money has the same rule, whether online or offline.

There's more to google adsense, but this is just a summary.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by legalwealth(m): 9:59am On Sep 04, 2012
Google Adsense is real and just as 2sexy had said,it is not a get rich quick business but there are strategies that you can use that will generate for you at least $1,500 monthly starting in the next 2 months without doing anything other than you 1st working i.e feeding your blogs with unique articles and to be frank to give you some tips,get 5 blogger blogs from different carefully selected profitable Niche & their profitable and search for keywords and feed each blog with 100 unique articles monthly for 2 months making 1,000 articles with your GOOGLE ADSENSE ads carefully placed around these articles and see...

To be continued...

2ruink: like play like play dis thread don turn to business school. i'm happy! @pacemaker u 2much! Good morning folks, I'm consistently working on the incentives for our lagos meeting and I'm not also oblivious of the necessary logistics. Another issue of interest is security. YES! We really need to safeguard our ideas 'cos it will hurt to watch them grow wings. So i'm working on that area also. I want to implore those in other regions to also try and organize their meetings. And to those who have, on their individual capacities benefited in one way or the other from this business school, do good to share ur testmony here as that will encourage others to share from their bank of knowledge. Yes, a school is where we normally learn by asking questions. My question this morning is on 'google adsense.' Is google adsense real? does it give money as people claim? If yes, how can I benefit from it?
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by DANILSA(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2012
I think another good biz is been a distributor, I could become a distributor for nettle water and other products. Before I left portharcourt I saw a new detergent which was only supplied by one guy, I then asked him to give me the company address so I could become a distributor in Abuja but the guy refuse,unless I buy from him,if I had gotten the address I could have introduced the brand in Abuja and followed up with an aggressive marketing pattern. But still searching for products that have not yet saturated the market and has an average capital start-up for distributors. All survival process, man must be independent of Oyibo work.grin
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by DANILSA(m): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2012
Hahaha pacemaker and businesstool has turned this thread to a POWERFUL SEMINAR for hard-working and serious minded youths, I must SALUTE u guys for sharing ur wealth of experience and knowledge in a public forum like this. But I must state that I don't believe in stealing ideas, because the business one does depends on his ability, capital,location, knowledge, exposure etc. Pls let's keep the spirit aglow, I believe this thread will pay us in one way or the other, both the teachers and we students.@ pacesetter how will u feel to see nigeria becoming 8 largest economy and u contributed to it when young? Or businesstool imagine nigeria becoming south korea tomorrow. Thanks to Seun for creating this avenue, I don't go to facebook, twitter etc again the way I used to cus nairaland benefits me more. seun pls also help us Ban those pls u know are fraud stars to help improve ur site.

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2012
DANILSA: Hahaha pacemaker and businesstool has turned this thread to a POWERFUL SEMINAR for hard-working and serious minded youths, I must SALUTE u guys for sharing ur wealth of experience and knowledge in a public forum like this. But I must state that I don't believe in stealing ideas, because the business one does depends on his ability, capital,location, knowledge, exposure etc. Pls let's keep the spirit aglow, I believe this thread will pay us in one way or the other, both the teachers and we students.@ pacesetter how will u feel to see nigeria becoming 8 largest economy and u contributed to it when young? Or businesstool imagine nigeria becoming south korea tomorrow. Thanks to Seun for creating this avenue, I don't go to facebook, twitter etc again the way I used to cus nairaland benefits me more. seun pls also help us Ban those pls u know are fraud stars to help improve ur site.

Nigeria becoming the 8 largest economy is a feel good feelings but in other for us to achieve it, a lot of sacrifice has to be made. Who knew Rwanda would be among the top ten developing countries in Africa? We all have a part to play in naija's development. I saw how Barth Nnaji was sacrificed by Naija politicians for their own selfish gains without thinking of his contribution to Nigeria's growth. The entire country needs mass orientation, not just our leaders.Nairaland is not managed very well, I can attest to it from the mentality of people that visit this site. A single user can have multiple handle without proper verification and this site is home base to tribal bashing which I don't like. We need some form of censorship. Talking about young generation, do you think the scammers found on NL are older folks?

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2012
2sexy: Look around nairaland and you will see ads all over. When you click on any of those ads, money goes into the account of nairaland.

But you can't make as much as nairaland is making as a start up, because they have come a long way.

The reason why people struggle at making money with adsense is because they take it as a hobby. The moment you see it as a business, the better for you.

The core secret of any successful internet business is content and in the realm of internet marketers who know their stuff, they say 'Content is King.' This means your ability to write quality informative articles that people would want to read such that it makes them stay longer on your website, reading and reading what you wrote and also have them coming back for more.

Of course, it has to be on a topic that people are interested in, something that appeals to large number of people and which they are seriously searching the web for information.

How do you know what people are searching for? You conduct what we call keyword research and find out by analyzing further. This should come first before setting up your website, mostly a blog.

After that, we go on to promote the website and then let people know that your site does exist.

Overall, it requires HARD WORK... Don't let anyone lie to you that it's ever easy to make money online. Internet only made money making simple and not easy. Money has the same rule, whether online or offline.

There's more to google adsense, but this is just a summary.

You just schooled me, I was not aware of this till today

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2012
DANILSA: I think another good biz is been a distributor, I could become a distributor for nettle water and other products. Before I left portharcourt I saw a new detergent which was only supplied by one guy, I then asked him to give me the company address so I could become a distributor in Abuja but the guy refuse,unless I buy from him,if I had gotten the address I could have introduced the brand in Abuja and followed up with an aggressive marketing pattern. But still searching for products that have not yet saturated the market and has an average capital start-up for distributors. All survival process, man must be independent of Oyibo work.grin

This is why I said naijas are silly, he does not want you to succeed. People don't know that secrecy kills business. Why not go online and seek for answers rather that waiting for him? What stops you from visiting Liver brothers PLC or what ever they are called these days?
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 12:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
Pacemaker:

You just schooled me, I was not aware of this till today
I am glad you gained something.

There's nothing I don't know about internet biz. I may not be the popular internet gurus celebrated here in Nigeria, I sure know stuff that even the gurus don't. Why? Because, while they deceiving people selling ebooks and organising seminars on things they don't do, I was busy doing and studying it. It's unfortunate that my final year project chop my money finish. If not, ah... I go hammer.

In addition to that, I won't advise people to use blogger.com(owned by Google) for obvious reasons.

There are people making serious money from adsense.

In addition to the tip I gave above, you should be well grounded in SEO( search engine optimization) and traffic generation to pull it in adsense.

And always remember, Content is King!
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2012
2sexy:
Thank you for asking question about internet business and it seem I am the only in that area that has joined this board. Bro, Google adsense is real but its not a get rich quick scheme... I don't know whether to discuss this here or not because you are asking a question to reveal how nairaland make their money and my comment maybe hidden again. I hate to make meaniful contribution and it's hidden.
comprehensive answer from a good fellow. thanks a lot and pls educate us more on this because now that i have gotten a comfirmation, i will need to link my site.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2012
2ruink:
comprehensive answer from a good fellow. thanks a lot and pls educate us more on this because now that i have gotten a comfirmation, i will need to link my site.
It would be a pleasure to do more,bro. My problem is that na mobile phone I dey take type. My modem got broken by a friend I gave my laptop to and it fell off while the modem was still plugged in.

I will get one soon then I can contribute pretty well.

What's your site about?
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2012
2sexy:
It would be a pleasure to do more,bro. My problem is that na mobile phone I dey take type. My modem got broken by a friend I gave my laptop to and it fell off while the modem was still plugged in.

I will get one soon then I can contribute pretty well.

What's your site about?
i am actually about launching the site but it's focussing on fashion
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2012
2ruink:
i am actually about launching the site but it's focussing on fashion

what's your target, local or international? Do you want it to be like a blog-like site?
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2012
Fashion is a good niche. Others are business, relationship, travel, money, weight lose etc
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2012
2sexy: Fashion is a good niche. Others are business, relationship, travel, money, weight lose etc
please how do i create google adsense account?
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2012
2ruink:
please how do i create google adsense account?
if you have a gmail account, you don't need to signup, just login with your username and password.

google.com/adsense

NOTE: Google does not easily accept people these days because of what a Nigerian infomarketer did back in 2010. He was involved in click-fraud i.e click on ads served on his website while at the seminar he organised(massly deceiving people). This thing spread like wild fire and so, Google started clamping on accounts of people and also increase their strictness on acceptance.

So here is what you should do, go to blogger.com and signup for their free blog and then write 5 articles to publish. Use that to signup for the adsense and once they accept you, get a paid blog. Let me know how it went.

Yes , you need a website to sign up for adsense.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2ruink(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
2sexy: if you have a gmail account, you don't need to signup, just login with your username and password.

google.com/adsense

NOTE: Google does not easily accept people these days because of what a Nigerian infomarketer did back in 2010. He was involved in click-fraud i.e click on ads served on his website while at the seminar he organised(massly deceiving people). This thing spread like wild fire and so, Google started clamping on accounts of people and also increase their strictness on acceptance.

So here is what you should do, go to blogger.com and signup for their free blog and then write 5 articles to publish. Use that to signup for the adsense and once they accept you, get a paid blog. Let me know how it went.

Yes , you need a website to sign up for adsense.
tnx a million! will get back to u on this
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2012
Anyone in the house that has direct contact with the director general of FRSC should contact me for a business development tutoring. I will provide my service to the person for free provided he or she is willing to accept few conditions. I will provide my knowledge, expertise and international network all you have to do is facilitate a meeting with the DIrector general of FRSC with all parties involved including yourself and then laugh to the bank grin FYI I am all about transparency I don't deal with low lifes or con men if you happen to be one get ready for background check
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by stpat1(m): 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2012

Yes I can confidently tell you that Google Adsense is real. For me this is the only online biz that is very practicable in Nigeria cos I've done it and I was paid thrice until I became over zealous to make more money via illegal means and I had my account banned. I help about 7 of my friends to also set up their accounts too and 4 of them got paid too. My first check was about $220, second $270, $307, then $345. I was so devastated when I got banned and if was not possible then to reopen another account with the banned name. (don't know if that policy has been reviewed)

Google adsense is a really work from home biz cos you have to continuously research and explore legal means to generate traffic and high worth clicks. The sweet part of it is that after a while, you wouldn't need to exert too much time and energy into in anymore and you'll still continue to experience traffic and clicks. Its not easy so you have to spend a lot of time behind the computer. You have to WORK.

Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 9:49am On Sep 05, 2012
Guy you miss o. By now that your site would have been making $500 -$700 per month. What people do not realise is that adsense is a long term thing that gradually accumulates residually. And stpat, if you knew website flipping, you should have sold that site for $5k or more since you needed quick cash instead of indulging in fraudulent acts. Yeah... Adsense sites is a money maker and people are crazy about it and will buy it for a nice pay. I have seen people sell adsense site that make just $20-$50 per month for nothing less than $1k not to talk of yours that makes much more. Kai! You miss road o. Such is life sha.

I remember even revealing to a nairalander on fb my own model which I hope to start soon once I get my capital... But I can't lay it down here o. Na... That one na my own oil well!
stpat1:

Yes I can confidently tell you that Google Adsense is real. For me this is the only online biz that is very practicable in Nigeria cos I've done it and I was paid thrice until I became over zealous to make more money via illegal means and I had my account banned. I help about 7 of my friends to also set up their accounts too and 4 of them got paid too. My first check was about $220, second $270, $307, then $345. I was so devastated when I got banned and if was not possible then to reopen another account with the banned name. (don't know if that policy has been reviewed)

Google adsense is a really work from home biz cos you have to continuously research and explore legal means to generate traffic and high worth clicks. The sweet part of it is that after a while, you wouldn't need to exert too much time and energy into in anymore and you'll still continue to experience traffic and clicks. Its not easy so you have to spend a lot of time behind the computer. You have to WORK.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by miqos02(m): 11:01am On Sep 05, 2012
nice thread. very educative
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by iniobong888(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
DANILSA: I think another good biz is been a distributor, I could become a distributor for nettle water and other products. Before I left portharcourt I saw a new detergent which was only supplied by one guy, I then asked him to give me the company address so I could become a distributor in Abuja but the guy refuse,unless I buy from him,if I had gotten the address I could have introduced the brand in Abuja and followed up with an aggressive marketing pattern. But still searching for products that have not yet saturated the market and has an average capital start-up for distributors. All survival process, man must be independent of Oyibo work.grin
you would have bought a pack from him and on the pack the company address is written there, however we have a product that is relatively new called rafo ground rice, it is a substitue to semovita,garri and pounded yam flour,it is doing well in kaduna,kano but we are yet to get a distributor in Abuja. Since you are in abuja we could talk business.our factory is in kaduna so pls call me on dis no 07034706326 and we will take it from there.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by 2sexy(m): 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
2ruink, your post was hidden. Try to avoid the bot.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by pdozie: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2012
I setup an iceblock making business. Bought some machines that turns about 60 pieces of 3.5kg tied water (in nylon) to ice blocks - in 14 hours. good business but very poor sales in rainy seasons.

Machines were locally fabricated
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
pdozie: I setup an iceblock making business. Bought some machines that turns about 60 pieces of 3.5kg tied water (in nylon) to ice blocks - in 14 hours. good business but very poor sales in rainy seasons.

Machines were locally fabricated
Please don't give up, your barrier may be insufficient power supply. Till date the best form of advertisement is word of mouth. Ice block business is very lucrative here in the US.
Re: Guys, Let's Talk Business by Pacemaker: 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
iniobong888: you would have bought a pack from him and on the pack the company address is written there, however we have a product that is relatively new called rafo ground rice, it is a substitue to semovita,garri and pounded yam flour,it is doing well in kaduna,kano but we are yet to get a distributor in Abuja. Since you are in abuja we could talk business.our factory is in kaduna so pls call me on dis no 07034706326 and we will take it from there.

Food has been man's best friend from time memorial. Danisla this might be a great opportunity for you and before investing your money on the said biz, do some research. Poster that's nice of you. Keep it up provided there are no smoke screens

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Dangote Attends Wedding Of President Nana Akufo-Addo's Daughter, Edwina / Shoprite Opened In Warri Yesterday? - See These Pics! / Bar Manager Walks Out Underage Boys Who Came To Drink Beer In His Bar

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83