Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2399573 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by neoph(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
the 30 tasan teashers from UBE and SSB make up about 3bn a month in salary... so u know wher de sarari av been goin?

read dis very well.... 90bn spent in 17 months on roads to nowhere... about more than 5bn a month... ndimadu ooo!!!

‘Rivers expends N90bn on roads in 17 months’
By NAN | 26 October 2016 | 10:59 am
The Rivers Government has spent over N90 billion on the construction of critical roads in the last 17 months, Governor Nyesom Wike has said.‬

Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, the Special Assistant to Wike on Electronic Media, said in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the governor made the disclosure while declaring open the West Africa Architects Fair (WAAF 2016) in Port Harcourt.

‬‪The governor also said that the infrastructure development programme of his administration had been insulated from political consideration for the attainment of positive results.‬

“We have spent over N90 billion on construction, rehabilitation and reconstruction of roads, bridges and jetties.
“This money has effectively delivered over 80 roads while work is ongoing on the construction of about 35 new roads, spread across the three senatorial districts of the state.‬

‪”Most importantly, in order to derive maximum value for money spent, we have insulated our infrastructure development and delivery master plan from political considerations by ensuring that the designing, construction and supervision of all our roads are handled by reputable professionals and construction companies.”‬

‪According to Wike, his administration has overcome the initial challenges of empty treasury, unpaid salaries, insecurity caused by closed courts and a weak economy.‬

‪”When we assumed office, we met a state that was at the lowest rung in all indices of development.

“Besides an empty treasury, we inherited months of unpaid salaries to civil servants and a totally broken infrastructure.

“The poor security situation was exacerbated by the prolonged closure of the courts for over 12 months, leading to unprecedented capital flight and disinvestments.‬

‪”However, 17 months after, we have recorded remarkable achievements in several areas of development.”

He said that his administration’s priority was to clear the backlog of salaries, fix broken roads and transport infrastructure and create jobs by reflating the economy.

“In all these, we have successfully delivered.‬

‪”For instance, apart from clearing the arrears of salaries, we are among the very few states with proven capacity to meet our financial obligations to civil servants, contractors and vendors.”

The governor lauded Nigerian Architects for their contributions to the development of the country.

He recalled that since his days as council chairman of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area up to becoming the o Minister of State for Education and now governor, he had been collaborating with architects to deliver quality projects.‬

‪In his remarks, the President, Nigeria Institute of Architects, Mr Tonye Braide, said that members were working towards developing new cities that would help grow the economies of different countries.‬

‪NAN reports that WAAF 2016 is a gathering of architects and allied professionals from across the West Africa sub-region.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by otubobo: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
if na two make give us, its better than nothing!!!! honestly, I want start throwing shades...its all NUT fault..teachers are hungry people...so The government tries to use them...doctors have all being paid,nurses, those in the health sectors, ministry of education, different ministries, lecturers...etc. Now its the teachers turn...the excuse they(teachers) constitute the largest number of rivers work force, as if its my fault that there many student, pupils in rivers state..Diaries God no wahala...na me find the work so I go endure. I thank God for it....But one thing is certain,I won't end my career in a classroom heaven forbid!!!!..so they should just enjoy whatever they think they doing!!!!.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by sammymarvin: 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
pls is it true that govt sec school Rivers state will b going on strike cos my sis called me from PHC to inform me. I need confirmation so make I no waste 600naira
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by otubobo: 5:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
neoph:
the 30 tasan teashers from UBE and SSB make up about 3bn a month in salary... so u know wher de sarari av been goin?

read dis very well.... 90bn spent in 17 months on roads to nowhere... about more than 5bn a month... ndimadu ooo!!!

‘Rivers expends N90bn on roads in 17 months’
By NAN | 26 October 2016 | 10:59 am
The Rivers Government has spent over N90 billion on the construction of critical roads in the last 17 months, Governor Nyesom Wike has said.‬

Mr Simeon Nwakaudu, the Special Assistant to Wike on Electronic Media, said in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the governor made the disclosure while declaring open the West Africa Architects Fair (WAAF 2016) in Port Harcourt.

‬‪The governor also said that the infrastructure development programme of his administration had been insulated from political consideration for the attainment of positive results.‬

“We have spent over N90 billion on construction, rehabilitation and reconstruction of roads, bridges and jetties.
“This money has effectively delivered over 80 roads while work is ongoing on the construction of about 35 new roads, spread across the three senatorial districts of the state.‬

‪”Most importantly, in order to derive maximum value for money spent, we have insulated our infrastructure development and delivery master plan from political considerations by ensuring that the designing, construction and supervision of all our roads are handled by reputable professionals and construction companies.”‬

‪According to Wike, his administration has overcome the initial challenges of empty treasury, unpaid salaries, insecurity caused by closed courts and a weak economy.‬

‪”When we assumed office, we met a state that was at the lowest rung in all indices of development.

“Besides an empty treasury, we inherited months of unpaid salaries to civil servants and a totally broken infrastructure.

“The poor security situation was exacerbated by the prolonged closure of the courts for over 12 months, leading to unprecedented capital flight and disinvestments.‬

‪”However, 17 months after, we have recorded remarkable achievements in several areas of development.”

He said that his administration’s priority was to clear the backlog of salaries, fix broken roads and transport infrastructure and create jobs by reflating the economy.

“In all these, we have successfully delivered.‬

‪”For instance, apart from clearing the arrears of salaries, we are among the very few states with proven capacity to meet our financial obligations to civil servants, contractors and vendors.”

The governor lauded Nigerian Architects for their contributions to the development of the country.

He recalled that since his days as council chairman of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area up to becoming the o Minister of State for Education and now governor, he had been collaborating with architects to deliver quality projects.‬

‪In his remarks, the President, Nigeria Institute of Architects, Mr Tonye Braide, said that members were working towards developing new cities that would help grow the economies of different countries.‬

‪NAN reports that WAAF 2016 is a gathering of architects and allied professionals from across the West Africa sub-region.
....@Giving Governor wike a standing ovation right now....EZIOKWU.....choii......
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
please some of us are in the creeks,we need information. is the strike still holding ? has anyone reached the ministry of finance so we can know where we stand? please kindly share any vital info you can. so we know if we should start returning to Ph.. thank you.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tonero263(m): 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nigeria info headline news 5:30 pm. state NUT ask port harcourt branch to withdraw strike threat. details by 6:00pm. hahahahahaha
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
God is our strenght.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chibuking81:
According to NUT Ahoada East branch, during their today general meeting, tell their members to be patient and expect two months arrear salary, between today and next tomorrow been Friday, that if the arrear salary as expected does not come, then the strike option will be taking by Monday.
state NUT chairman is notin but a "Tapioka", "Amala and Ewedu". That lilly livered of a human being berated Phalga NUT branch for issueing a strike threat and ordered them to withraw that statement. He also appealed to WIKE to keep up to his promised of clearing d backlog of salaries owed teachers this week. Imagine MKPOGENE, he is now a begger for his constitutional right. NUT Ntoor! This Union is a sham to pressure group.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
gold360:
lol. the guy style of writing sha...maybe its the recession thats affecting it.
the recession strong wella
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by otubobo: 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
emekatex:
state NUT chairman is notin but a "Tapioka", "Amala and Ewedu". That lilly livered of a human being berated Phalga NUT branch for issueing a strike threat and ordered them to withraw that statement. He also appealed to WIKE to keep up to his promised of clearing d backlog of salaries owed teachers this week. Imagine MKPOGENE, he is now a begger for his constitutional right. NUT Ntoor! This Union is a sham to pressure group.
......someborri they vex.....that's the spirit.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Rexmarysweet(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
Distinguished Teachers of Distinction
out of curiosity I had to attend the Ahoada West Local Government Chapter Nigeria Union of Teachers Meeting.

I went so early in other to see things for my self. I went close to NUT chairman of Ahoada West immediately he arrived. I overheard their discussions that GOV WIKE IS PLAYING WITH FIRE THIS TIME. THAT THEY HAVE ALL DECIDED TO GIVE HIM THE ONLY LANGUAGE HE UNDERSTANDS WHICH IS STRIKE.

But something curious happened,he got a call and shifted from where he was standing and i went close to him. I overheard him shouting No way,we can't go back on our decision at this time. That it is not acceptable to him and his excos.

Immediately he dropped the call,he gathered Teachers and told them that he just got a call from the RIVERS STATE NUT CHAIRMAN that the Governor has called him and his Excos have agreed to pay us our salaries Tommorow and that we shouldn't go on strike. Teachers murmured and he said that if they didn't pay then by Monday,he would declare strike for Ahoada West L.G.A.

I smile and said to myself,if only they knew I have been on trike for a long time.

NUT RIVERS STATE CHARTER A SCAM.
WIKE IS HIS EXCOS ARE FRAUDSTAERS.

IF BY MONDAY AM NOT PAID,I WILL BE CURSING THIS BLOODY GOVERNMENT IN RIVERS STATE EVERY DAY AND NIGHT, THEY ARE VAMPIRES.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
It is well
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by barika2011(m): 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2016
Rivers teachers have come to the realization that wike is a cunny man.....please those that use to sing his praises have suddenly gone mute. ..well dat is good... Please nobody should come here and start saying. Wike is his god if by luck we get paid...dat money is my salary,my sweat..even being owed have bin going to class to teach but I suddenly got tired...

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by bio777: 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
I salute the courage of the Phalga and Ahoada chapter of NUT.
This man named Lucky Nkpongene (make una hear name n-kpon-ge-ne) is a sellout...Nkpongene has treacherously made the Union an appendage of this crude and cruel government populated by beasts in human flesh.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tutudame(m): 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
Chibuking81:
Where is Our money
(bring-back-our-money) how can Rivers state hold us down.why do u always post only Khana UBE?Are u not aware that schools in Khana PPSB are being owed feb,April,May,June and July?
1. Governor's wife from Ahoada west
2. Commissioner of Education from Ahoada East.
3. I hope 2018/2019, against 2019 election, they will still beg for our vote as their brothers and sisters.
4. The people that the present government owes 4,5&6 months were as follow;
(1) Ahoada East PPSB/UBE.
(2) Ahoada West PPSB/UBE.
(3) Asari Toru PPSB/UBE.
(4) Tia PPSB/UBE.
(5) Oyigbo PPSB/UBE.
(6) Okrika PPSB/UBE.
(7) Etche PPSB/UBE.
(8 ) Gokana PPSB/UBE.
(9) Emuoha PPSB.
(10) Degama PPSB.
(11) Ogu/Bolo UBE
(12) Omuma UBE
(13) ONELGA PPSB.
(14) KELGA PPSB.
(15) Akuku Toru UBE.
(16) Khana UBE.
(17) Andoni UBE.
(18) Eleme UBE.
(19) Some schools in ABOLGA
(20) Some schools in PHALGA
(21) Some schools from the remaining 3 L.G.A

please where is our money?
Strike will bring out the answer to the above question if this week pass by.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 5:01am On Oct 27, 2016
Instead of telling government to do the needful he is calling his chairmen to sleep ...what is this? am tired. can you imagine ....the phaga and ahoda chairman calling for strike is to tell u that leadership at the top has failed. They can fool some people all the time and all the people some of the time but they can't fool all the people all the time. #Payourmoney.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 5:04am On Oct 27, 2016
90 bilion spent on roads! that is why I said we should be called roads so he can start spending money on us...because the word teacher is not part of the project going on for now.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2016
When all the LGA have reach their agreements on STRIKE, let's see how the state chairman will be calling all of them.
Today is salary loading 100% while strike loading....... 60%.
Morning et all.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by mod17(f): 8:08am On Oct 27, 2016
hail:
NUT in Phga threatened to embark on an indefinite strike if government failed to pay teachers their months of unpaid salaries. That is what you get when the state NUT is a toothless bull dog.For me no pay no work continues
[quote author=hail post=50513037] When are we Embarking on the strike?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2016
so long a letter, Abeg na hw dem go pay me my arrears i won hear, no b essey i come read here.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2016
kingsjeroneyah:
When all the LGA have reach their agreements on STRIKE, let's see how the state chairman will be calling all of them.
Today is salary loading 100% while strike loading....... 60%.
Morning et all.
my brother as in eh... am baffled at the high level of solidarity of teachers on this matter..i called four of my colleagues in different schools in my LGA,their responses were all the same which is AT THIS POINT IT IS NO LONGER NECESSARY FOR THE OTHER LGAs TO HOLD THEIR OWN ZONAL MEETINGS.. IF THE BACKLOG ARREARS OF AFFECTED TEACHERS ARE NOT CLEARED BETWEEN TODAY AND TOMORROW, ALL RIVERS STATE TEACHERS WILL EMBARK ON THE STRIKE FROM MONDAY. .aluta continua

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by mod17(f): 8:50am On Oct 27, 2016
gold360:
my brother as in eh... am baffled at the high level of solidarity of teachers on this matter..i called four of my colleagues in different schools in my LGA,their responses were all the same which is AT THIS POINT IT IS NO LONGER NECESSARY FOR THE OTHER LGAs TO HOLD THEIR OWN ZONAL MEETINGS.. IF THE BACKLOG ARREARS OF AFFECTED TEACHERS ARE NOT CLEARED BETWEEN TODAY AND TOMORROW, ALL RIVERS STATE TEACHERS WILL EMBARK ON THE STRIKE FROM MONDAY. .aluta continua
Good
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Hopesweet2: 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is quite unfortunate, so up till now nobody have receive alert.

TEACHING WORK IS INDEED A NEMESIS

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Hopesweet2: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
No more update for today?.......hmmmmmm!

l was so sure of this payment because on Tuesday when I went to school, our principal left very early to UBE board.

According to him , they were called for an important meeting in respect to our arrears which he said they want to pay us two months.

This whole process is too slow... What has
happened again ?.............Mbok.............
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
haaaa!
almost 4.o clock.
zenith bank teachers , please do and start sharing the alert good news.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by loliapoopy2013(f): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
please what was the out come of the meeting held by phalga teacherst st. Andrews state sch. to day?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by onlyhandsome202: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
a vision were d more u look d less u see. Rivers of possibilities I hail de
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by babysophie(f): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
I learnt that Akulga teachers have been paid two months yesterday. Is there no teacher from Akulga here? Please confirm.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by xxkash: 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Rivers teachers we are now like a child that was flogged for crying for being flogged. " GO BACK TO WORK OR I WILL NOT PAY YOU THE MONEY I HAVE NOT PAID YOU".

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
babysophie:
I learnt that Akulga teachers have been paid two months yesterday. Is there no teacher from Akulga here? Please confirm.
i just asked my akulga friend. nothing like that
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by babysophie(f): 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
gold360:
i just asked my akulga friend. nothing like that
Ok,fnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (851) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

Viewing this topic: tonero263(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.