Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2398120 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by loliapoopy2013(f): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
neoph:
I used to be quite positive, but what I heard today is shocking... this is a concerted plan, to furstrate people out of job, they never kept the money aside to be able to catch up with arrears, something the had pledged to do when the wage bill was 7billion plus, with the biometric they reduce it to 5bn,,, and the money that they have been holding since, they spent it on other things, like fake 5bn electicity light contract to Peedeepee shaman Obuah, and all the bribes they have been paying and supporting other states in elections, our salaries have been fully spent by the vampires, and they all know they are sucking our blood, yes the biometrics was done really, but it was just another lousy excuse to hold on to the cash, now they are claining they dont know who has not been paid, asking board staff to collect lists, knowing that it will take weeks, and more errors will be introduced, and then months down the line they will announce teacher certificate evaluation, and bring in a company from Lagos to start verifying credentials, all of this is delay, they just dont want to pay, and even if they want to, they have raided the treasury and kobo no dey inside dia... we need to protest, btw NUT is in their pocket and so is judiciary.... either we forget our months of pay, or we have to protest...
okeyooo, when i said here that we r on the verge of loosing our jobs, pple shouted n cursed. i said it because of a shocking News i heard somewhere. But i trust in Jehovah, let his will b done.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
loliapoopy2013:
okeyooo, when i said here that we r on the verge of loosing our jobs, pple shouted n cursed. i said it because of a shocking News i heard somewhere. But i trust in Jehovah, let his will b done.
Hope d teachers certificate verification would be to ascertain those who hv certicate in Education such as NCE, B.ed PGDE, M.Ed TC11 etc right?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
[quote au
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 5:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=neoph post=50394770]I used to be quite positive, but what I heard today is shocking... this is a concerted plan, to furstrate people out of job, they never kept the money aside to be able to catch up with arrears, something the had pledged to do when the wage bill was 7billion plus, with the biometric they reduce it to 5bn,,, and the money that they have been holding since, they spent it on other things, like fake 5bn electicity light contract to Peedeepee shaman Obuah, and all the bribes they have been paying and supporting other states in elections, our salaries have been fully spent by the vampires, and they all know they are sucking our blood, yes the biometrics was done really, but it was just another lousy excuse to hold on to the cash, now they are claining they dont know who has not been paid, asking board staff to collect lists, knowing that it will take weeks, and more errors will be introduced, and then months down the line they will announce teacher certificate evaluation, and bring in a company from Lagos to start verifying credentials.. Hope d teachers certificate verification would be to ascertain those who hv certicate in Education such as NCE, B.ed PGDE, M.Ed TC11 etc right?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
loliapoopy2013:
guy park well.. we will surely be paid. if not today then tomorrow, there's no where a government pays some workers like phalga,obia akpor etc and leave others out for doing the same job... and if verification is to take place then is for those with fake results and not to witch hunt those without certificates in education..
I just don't understand your level of pessimism.. this was how that guy called MATHEMATICA was shouting himself hoarse here that Amaechi wont pay us our arrears'.when the payment started we never saw him again.. may this never be your portion.

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
Well as for downsizing of teachers on any guise will impact negatively on d already staggering system of education in Rivers state. Year 2015, saw d retirement of 500 teachers. 2016. 600 teachers will also retire, all from PPSB only. 2017 more teachers would still go on retirement. The list was boldly pasted at Senior Secondary schools Board. So, based on d above comment, there is d need for more teachers to be employed instead of sacking d ones who are already on d Job. Thats my own opinion any ways.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by darkstan(m): 6:47pm On Oct 21, 2016
Has anyone heard the details of the meeting NUT held today?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2016
emekatex:
Well as for downsizing of teachers on any guise will impact negatively on d already staggering system of education in Rivers state. Year 2015, saw d retirement of 500 teachers. 2016. 600 teachers will also retire, all from PPSB only. 2017 more teachers would still go on retirement. The list was boldly pasted at Senior Secondary schools Board. So, based on d above comment, there is d need for more teachers to be employed instead of sacking d ones who are already on d Job. Thats my own opinion any ways.
guy relax.when oga first came on board. they invited the chairman rivers state civil service commission in order to find fault with the this recruitment exercise. but no fault was found.. all due process was followed viz..job advertisement, application, examination, interview, verification and issuance of appointment letters.. (even in the job advertisement which was done via tide newspaper, the requirement was b.ed,b.sc etc,it was never restricted to only education degree holders ). so chill. if anything, more teachers need to be employed especially in the creeks where schools are grossly understaffed.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
darkstan:
Has anyone heard the details of the meeting NUT held today?
and what good will be the outcome of this. if not to postpone the industrial action and give the government more time?.. our peaNUT of a union.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by xxkash: 8:35pm On Oct 21, 2016
emekatex:
Hope d teachers certificate verification would be to ascertain those who hv certicate in Education such as NCE, B.ed PGDE, M.Ed TC11 etc right?

Certification ma black @ss, why will I spend scarce resources to improve myself on a job that pays least in the labour market, a job you will work for 10years no promotion nor increment in the salary. They say teaching is a calling, calling for what?! To be poor, God forbids. I rather use that money for certification or what ever its call to go for an Agric seminars at least it will pay better in the future. So NUT when ever u grow ball u can take ur job and shove it

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tutudame(m): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
This will be the third verification in less than a year in office.After all d millions spent on d biometrics,another verification again?I don't blame them,if I had moni to run professional courses or run a business,I would hv been doing better by today.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tutudame(m): 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2016
My mates who got jobs in Uniport less than two years ago all have cars and live in well furnished apartments,Some are now married and others gat kids...And I dey here dey beg Wike for my own sweat n blood.

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tutudame(m): 9:32pm On Oct 21, 2016
My creditors are all accusing me of lying.They hv taken d words of that commissioner that said we hv all been paid.God will judge d wicked.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Juenwume: 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2016
xxkash:

Certification ma black @ss, why will I spend scarce resources to improve myself on a job that pays least in the labour market, a job you will work for 10years no promotion nor increment in the salary. They say teaching is a calling, calling for what?! To be poor, God forbids. I rather use that money for certification or what ever its call to go for an Agric seminars at least it will pay better in the future. So NUT when ever u grow ball u can take ur job and shove it
Bros God bless you for talking well. Going for certification to keep the job is to sign poverty warrant. God forbid i endorse such warrant.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by babysophie(f): 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2016
Juenwume:

Bros God bless you for talking well. Going for certification to keep the job is to sign poverty warrant. God forbid i endorse such warrant.
Goodevening,please what is this certification about ?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2016
babysophie:
Goodevening,please what is this certification about ?
relax.. no official info about it.. just rumours
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by babysophie(f): 11:30pm On Oct 21, 2016
gold360:
relax.. no official info about it.. just rumours
Ok,fnx.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 4:09am On Oct 22, 2016
Teachers and Grass hopper mentality are like 5 & 6 always ...majoring on the minor and "minoring" on the major...the biggest issue before us is our 6 month salary yet you see people trying to distract us from our focus.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Juenwume: 5:56am On Oct 22, 2016
[quote author=babysophie post=50402733]Goodevening,please what is this certification about ?[/q
Educational certification. I just responded to rumours.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by darkstan(m): 7:20am On Oct 22, 2016
I just spoke with my aunt who attended the NUT meeting yesterday. She said the State Chairman asked teachers not to embark on industrial action and teachers present in the meeting became angry and informed him that a teacher just died the previous day from illness because there was no money for his treatment and that their children have stopped schooling. In the midst of the chaos, the Rivers State Accountant General called the NUT Chairman who now put his phone on loudspeaker for all to listen. The Accountant General apologized for not picking the NUT Chairman's calls or replying his texts. He also apologized for not paying the 2 months arrears this week because he wasn't in Rivers State but they will pay us the 2 months arrears next week. Teachers present agreed to give them only next week before embarking on industrial action and that the strike will involve all teachers whether paid or unpaid.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by NeilOssai(m): 7:33am On Oct 22, 2016
darkstan:
I just spoke with my aunt who attended the NUT meeting yesterday. She said the State Chairman asked teachers not to embark on industrial action and teachers present in the meeting became angry and informed him that a teacher just died the previous day from illness because there was no money for his treatment and that their children have stopped schooling. In the midst of the chaos, the Rivers State Accountant General called the NUT Chairman who now put his phone on loudspeaker for all to listen. The Accountant General apologized for not picking the NUT Chairman's calls or replying his texts. He also apologized for not paying the 2 months arrears this week because he wasn't in Rivers State but they will pay us the 2 months arrears next week. Teachers present agreed to give them only next week before embarking on industrial action and that the strike will involve all teachers whether paid or unpaid.
.. Tanx bro for the info.. #Fingers Crossed# My only prayer is dat God Sud keep us alive to reap the fruits of our Labour.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by darkstan(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2016
I also forgot to state that NUT Chairman informed teachers present in the meeting that Rivers State Government was insisting that teachers should undergo another audit exercise to ascertain their exact number but the NUT Chairman informed teachers present in the meeting that no teacher will go for any audit exercise as we all did the almighty biometric exercise like other civil servants. He insisted that we should be paid our outstanding salary arrears. He said that Rivers State Government wants to use that as a delay tactics and that teachers will resist it.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by chriswill20(m): 7:56am On Oct 22, 2016
H
darkstan:
Good one...... hope continues
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2016
darkstan:

Good info. hope alive! That is our interest any other thing to me is out of focus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2016
darkstan:
another endless one week!..
this is what chess players call a GAMBIT and we're falling for it hook,line and sinker.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
Juenwume:

Hahahaa..Infact LWKMD here oh! You're really funny.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 12:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
darkstan:
I also forgot to state that NUT Chairman informed teachers present in the meeting that Rivers State Government was insisting that teachers should undergo another audit exercise to ascertain their exact number but the NUT Chairman informed teachers present in the meeting that no teacher will go for any audit exercise as we all did the almighty biometric exercise like other civil servants. He insisted that we should be paid our outstanding salary arrears. He said that Rivers State Government wants to use that as a delay tactics and that teachers will resist it.
Gawd! What did teachers do to this government? Has it become a crime to be a teacher in Rivers state? Chai!!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ChyChy17: 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2016
darkstan:
Ok oh
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Okjay: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
wealthyprince:

Good info. hope alive! That is our interest any other thing to me is out of focus.
how long shall we continue in hoping. l hope by the end of the promised week,there will not be another news of hope
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by wealthyprince(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
Okjay:
how long shall we continue in hoping. l hope by the end of the promised week,there will not be another news of hope

Though i don't trust them both the politicians and union leaders are the same. I just pray things work out this week o.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 6:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
Poverty mentality is bad ...
So the government knowing that you have b.sc H.nd which are not education qualifications for teaching employed you and gave you an intensive training on how to teach for a week or so and certified you even though we haven't collected the certificate of that training till now, that somebody will think or imagine PR even insinuate that the government will do another audit in other to flush out all those without education qualification, its a pity poverty mentality has made some to think and over think and now are imagining demonic things happening ... Wike please pay us our money.
Rivers state government cannot sack you from teaching if you don't have education qualification, don't give yourself high blood pressure.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by tutudame(m): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
NUT please #bringbackourstrike.We are tired of "next week's" that don't come to pass.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (851) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.