Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2400168 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ikem50: 4:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sau24:
Most of my colleagues in level 8/4 are now in 12/10

Nsogbu!!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Edozie82: 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
Good Evening Honorable Colleagues. Trust our day has been moving on well? Please can someone give me a contact of one of us embarking on NTI Program or NTI Staff? Kindly send it across to me, if you have. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Kindsoul55: 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sau24:
can you explain more pls

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by darkstan(m): 4:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sau24:
Seriously! The Zonal Accounts Supervisor in my LGA was insisting that he was asked to put us on GL 12 Step 6 and 7 respectively for those who were previously on GL 8 Step 3 and 4.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Sau24(m): 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2023
8/3 is on 12/7 and 8/4 is on 12/8.some person's I saw there nominal role are on8/10 but we're on 8/4
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Sau24(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
It could be there luck for the steps because those people that did it are human
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Edozie82:
Good Evening Honorable Colleagues. Trust our day has been moving on well? Please can someone give me a contact of one of us embarking on NTI Program or NTI Staff? Kindly send it across to me, if you have. Thanks in anticipation.
just input your number.......
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Edozie82: 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
[quote author=kingsjeroneyah post=126461995]
just input your number....

Ok....08033002401
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by AmigdaloidMeteo: 3:09am On Oct 18, 2023
Please, who has information on how to go about my pension deduction.
My pension is not been deducted, how do I go about it?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Sau24(m): 7:07am On Oct 18, 2023
Some people would not want their money to be deducted but you are worried that your own is not been deducted.Nawaaoooo.Another man's meet is another man poison .

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Kindsoul55: 7:20am On Oct 18, 2023
Sau24:
Some people would not want their money to be deducted but you are worried that your own is not been deducted.Nawaaoooo.Another man's meet is another man poison .
pension deduction is useful for our retirement. Contrary to what most people claim, pension companies pay retirees at the end of their service to govt
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Kindsoul55: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2023
Has anyone in UBE seen his promotion letter? Any idea on when it will be issued out to us?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 8:25am On Oct 18, 2023
AmigdaloidMeteo:
If you can save the money by yourself in a separate account without touching it, better for you because if you listen and see what the pensioners are going through you would be forced to have a rethink.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 9:54am On Oct 18, 2023
N35,000 wage award: Organised Labour Gives Fresh Ultimatum to 36 Governors
legit.ng
an hour ago
The Organised labour has issued a two-week ultimatum to governors to commence negotiation of the N35,000 wage award in their states
According to the union, the agreement reached between the federal government and the leadership of the NLC and the TUC on October 1 affected the states
The organised labour had threatened to declare a nationwide strike on October 3 over the removal of the fuel subsidy, but the decision was reversed after the agreement
FCT, Abuja - The 36 governors in the country have been issued a two-week ultimatum by organised labour to begin negotiations with its members on the N35,000 wage award for workers in their state.

According to The Punch, the labour is asking the states to negotiate with their workers in line with the memorandum of understanding between the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the federal government.

NLC/Nigerian Governors/TUC/Federal Government
NLC give governors 2 weeks deadline to implement N35,000 wage award Photo Credit: Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq, NLC Source: Twitter
The NLC and the TUC handed down the ultimatum to the governors on Tuesday, October 17, urging the governors to fast-track the necessary protocols and implementation of the review to mitigate the effect of the fuel subsidy removal on members.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by NKTams: 9:56am On Oct 18, 2023
*WARNING!!!*

My dear colleagues, it has come to the knowledge of the UBE Board that some teachers have started paying money to agents in Ministry of Finance, UBE Board and LGEA offices for their Grade Level to be increased.

Let it be known unto all of us that the UBE Board and LGEA offices have records of the exact amount of salary we receive every single month. The Ministry of Finance on monthly basis forward the Payment Schedule of all UBE staff in the state to the UBE Board and the Board in turn forwards to the LGEA offices. So whether you're on loan or not, the Board knows the exact amount that is being paid to you each month.

If for any reason they discover an unapproved increase in your salary for a particular month, your Computer Number will be flagged and that will surely spell danger for such a staff. As I speak with you now, some teachers have been caught and their names will be sent to the Board Chairman for very serious sanctions.

It is on this premise therefore that I appeal to you my beloved colleagues not to be tempted in joining the band wagon of those who are doing such. The Board will surely find you out if you do. So pls stay away from it and save your job. God bless you.

*Diplomatic Sir*
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by NKTams: 9:57am On Oct 18, 2023
*REMINDER!*

Promotion letters for each Lga is currently being distributed in batches. Very soon, that of your Lga will be disbursed through the LGEA office.

Before the letter gets to you, make sure you get a copy of your Payslip and keep it handy. When you finally receive your Promotion letter, take any of the following steps:

1) If the Grade Level and Step on your Promotion letter is the same with what you have on your Payslip, then you don't have any problem. You're good to go!

2) If the Grade Level and Step on your Promotion letter is lower than what you have on your Payslip, then go to your LGEA office and make an official complain. It will be addressed and you will receive your correct pay by the following month.

3) If the Grade Level and Step on your Promotion letter is higher than what you have on your Payslip, then you need to act carefully. Do one of the following:

a) If the increment is only on your Step but doesn't affect your Grade Level, then just sit down quietly and enjoy the favour. Increment of Step is not a very serious issue. It can be changed back to your real Step or if you're lucky, it can be overlooked.

b) If the increment affects your Grade Level, then that's a very serious problem. Immediately go to your LGEA office and report yourself. By so doing, you will be shown pardon by the Supervising Director and he or she will correct the error or fraud. But if you decide not to go and report yourself and allow the Board or LGEA to find you out, then there's nothing else they can do but to send your details to the Board Chairman. That will be very disastrous.

Have a blessed day!

*Diplomatic Sir*
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by seniorbross: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2023
Do you work in the board? You are saying they have our nominal roll and know our grades and steps and can fish out any abnormalities should any one attempt to temper on his pay. Please if you can reach them tell them to correct those irregularities they greated in our pay steps and grades. I HEAR YOUR WARNING
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by MaksLove: 10:41am On Oct 18, 2023
AmigdaloidMeteo:

Something I'm regretting that I accepted.

Please if anyone knows how one can stop these pension people from deducting my money monthly I'll be glad if you share the steps.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dencydenky2: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2023
Pls, those of us on pension scheme should throw more light on the need to join, especially for those of us with keen interest to join the scheme.
Seeing a comment of regret coming from one already in d scheme is thunder striking and discouraging for whomever wants to join.
Thanks as I wait for your responses.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by nakamora: 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2023
NKTams:
*REMINDER!*

Promotion letters for each Lga is currently being distributed in batches. Very soon, that of your Lga will be disbursed through the LGEA office.

Before the letter gets to you, make sure you get a copy of your Payslip and keep it handy. When you finally receive your Promotion letter, take any of the following steps:

1) If the Grade Level and Step on your Promotion letter is the same with what you have on your Payslip, then you don't have any problem. You're good to go!

2) If the Grade Level and Step on your Promotion letter is lower than what you have on your Payslip, then go to your LGEA office and make an official complain. It will be addressed and you will receive your correct pay by the following month.

3) If the Grade Level and Step on your Promotion letter is higher than what you have on your Payslip, then you need to act carefully. Do one of the following:

a) If the increment is only on your Step but doesn't affect your Grade Level, then just sit down quietly and enjoy the favour. Increment of Step is not a very serious issue. It can be changed back to your real Step or if you're lucky, it can be overlooked.

b) If the increment affects your Grade Level, then that's a very serious problem. Immediately go to your LGEA office and report yourself. By so doing, you will be shown pardon by the Supervising Director and he or she will correct the error or fraud. But if you decide not to go and report yourself and allow the Board or LGEA to find you out, then there's nothing else they can do but to send your details to the Board Chairman. That will be very disastrous.

Have a blessed day!

*Diplomatic Sir*

Is Rssb included in promotion letters disbursement?.When will the Rssb teachers get their own letters?.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Iniobon(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2023
dencydenky2:
Pls, those of us on pension scheme should throw more light on the need to join, especially for those of us with keen interest to join the scheme.
Seeing a comment of regret coming from one already in d scheme is thunder striking and discouraging for whomever wants to join.
Thanks as I wait for your responses.
Any civil servant retiring now should not expect Gratuity from the Govt.
Pension is now contributory. What you contributed/saved, is what you get at the end of your service year ( Rivers State New pension law).
A senior colleague who retired late last year, retired without hope of getting gratuity.

Any staff who is not on the scheme, is not doing himself any good, or the staff don't intend to stay long in the service/job.

The scheme is good, our monthly deduction/contribution is invested and the interest is also accrued to our account.

You can access your account online, just as you access your bank account.

According to what we were told in one of their seminars, we can access upto 50% of our savings/contribution when we clocked the age of 50.
You can DYOR.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Kindsoul55: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2023
Iniobon:

Any civil servant retiring now should not expect Gratuity from the Govt.
Pension is now contributory. What you contributed/saved, is what you get at the end of your service year ( Rivers State New pension law).
A senior colleague who retired late last year, retired without hope of getting gratuity.

Any staff who is not on the scheme, is not doing himself any good, or the staff don't intend to stay long in the service/job.

The scheme is good, our monthly deduction/contribution is invested and the interest is also accrued to our account.

You can access your account online, just as you access your bank account.

According to what we were told in one of their seminars, we can access upto 50% of our savings/contribution when we clocked the age of 50.
You can DYOR.

I also understand that besides the fact that we'll no longer be paid gratituity . We wont be paid monthly pension either. Is this true?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kindsoul55:
I also understand that besides the fact that we'll no longer be paid gratituity . We wont be paid monthly pension either. Is this true?
This thing has alot of issues....Govt is suppose to contribute same amount that is being deducted from us...so we are suppose to have double that amount in our pension account...now govt is not doing their part,for now what is happening at the pension office is that when a person retires..all his contribution will be returned to him or her ,and then he will be paid his gratuity..this is the status quo till 2026...Govt said by that time they will consider paying their part of the contribution or shift it further again...now to the pension issue...the total money gotten at the end of your service (if Govt paid their part)..will be divided into 3...one will be paid to you as lump sum ,one part is for them and the third part will be re-invested and that is where u will recieve your monthly pension from...
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Kindsoul55: 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2023
Lemon1:
This thing has alot of issues....Govt is suppose to contribute same amount that is being deducted from us...so we are suppose to have double that amount in our pension account...now govt is not doing their part,for now what is happening at the pension office is that when a person retires..all his contribution will be returned to him or her ,and then he will be paid his gratuity..this is the status quo till 2026...Govt said by that time they will consider paying their part of the contribution or shift it further again...now to the pension issue...the total money gotten at the end of your service (if Govt paid their part)..will be divided into 3...one will be paid to you as lump sum ,one part is for them and the third part will be re-invested and that is where u will recieve your monthly pension from...
one part is for them?
Pls who do you mean by them? Our pension companies?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Lemon1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2023
Kindsoul55:
one part is for them?
Pls who do you mean by them? Our pension companies?
yes..for the pension compaines
another sad point is we didnt start immediately and since the promotion is not coming as at when due ...the total amount of money at the end of the service will not even get to 20 million...if they share that money into 3...wetin person go collect and use,how much profit go come out as monthly pension from 1/3
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Kindsoul55: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
Lemon1:

yes..for the pension compaines
another sad point is we didnt start immediately and since the promotion is not coming as at when due ...the total amount of money at the end of the service will not even get to 20 million...if they share that money into 3...wetin person go collect and use,how much profit go come out as monthly pension from 1/3
na wa Oh.

Meanwhile, a UBE friend just informed me that their LGA promotion letters are out. FINALLY....
Congrats to all of us.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kebosky(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2023
Sau24:
8/3 is on 12/7 and 8/4 is on 12/8.some person's I saw there nominal role are on8/10 but we're on 8/4
those currently on 12/10 had their steps increased from time to time after the general recruitment in 2013. Step increments is supposed to be yearly or biannually but for reasons best known to the boards it's not strictly applied. Sometime ago in my former school, we were given step increment forms, we all filled and submitted but mine was not implemented even though my colleagues benefitted. Some other schools in my LGA didn't even hear about it and as such did not benefit. So I believe those whose steps are high even though we all started at same grade level and step, probably had their increment implemented at some point. I pray that going forward, such increments will apply to all
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Sau24(m): 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2023
Talk what you know.In my school, apart from the principal and the two vices, teachers having B.ed are on 8/4 and those with B.sc are on8/3. Today two of my colleagues are currently on 12/10 but where on 8/4 for having B.ed before.Non of my colleagues had step increments before.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kebosky(m): 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2023
Sau24:
Talk what you know.In my school, apart from the principal and the two vices, teachers having B.ed are on 8/4 and those with B.sc are on8/3. Today two of my colleagues are currently on 12/10 but where on 8/4 for having B.ed before.Non of my colleagues had step increments before.
I'm telling you what I know, you're probably pained that some of your colleagues have higher steps while you don't. Step increments is ideally for everyone yearly or biannually,but for some reasons it's not implemented. While you sit down like a big man/woman waiting for your step increment to be implemented which hardly happens, your colleagues made moves to have theirs implemented and it paid off. We all desire step increment as it's our right in the job, but when yours hasn't happened, don't be angry that another person's own has happened. The lesson is don't sit down idly waiting for handouts simply because it's your right. If you can move to get your right, move and get it implemented. Ask them how they followed up to get their due increment implemented instead of coming here to create the impression that they have marginalized you or that their increment shouldn't be implemented because yours hasn't.

With how you sound, it's obvious that if you have a way to undo the implementation of their increment to be on the same scale as yours, you will gladly do it. After all, you all started at the same point, so why must they rise when you haven't risen
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by emekatex: 11:16am On Oct 19, 2023
There's a big hope that we are going to receive our arreas by next week or next two weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by kingsjeroneyah: 12:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
emekatex:
There's a big hope that we are going to receive our arreas by next week or next two weeks.
Amen and amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (851) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.