Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching (26727 Views)

Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) / Vaginal Douching: Helpful Or Harmful? / Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Jenny20(f): 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2012
Abuja - Dr Prosper Igboeli, an Abuja based gynaecologist, on Monday advised women not to douche as it could lead to vaginal dryness and could also kill “the good bacteria in the vaginal area”.

Igboeli, who is the Managing Director of M and M Hospital, Fertility and IVF Centre said in Abuja that vagina had a unique smell and it was not something that should be cleaned off.

“Douching refers to the rinsing of any body cavity but usually applies to vaginal irrigation or rinsing of the vagina.

“Vaginal douches may consist of water mixed with vinegar, or even antiseptic chemicals, vagina has a unique smell and it is not something that should be cleaned off."

He said commercial douches have alcohol and that the alcohol were substances that dried the skin, noting that when done often would end up with a dry itchy vagina.

Igboeli said the vagina was mainly acidic, saying that douching clears off the natural solutions that kept it acidic.

“Imbalance in the vaginal area will lead to a lot of complications like dryness, infections, vaginal inflammations and pain on the skin."

He said the vagina was not a stereo environment that by its exposures to air acquired self cleaning.

Igboeli said much anti biotic would kill off the bacterial that were supposed to stabilise the floral of the vagina causing yeast infection.

“The antibiotic may go and kill off the bacterial that suppose to stabilise the floral of the vagina then there would be any over growth of yeast."

Dryitchyvagina.com says recently, vaginal douching has been associated with many health risks in women.

It added that the aim of this study was to analyse the effect of commercial douche products against various vaginal microorganisms, including lactobacill.

Four antiseptic-containing douche products showed a strong inhibitory effect against all vaginal microorganisms tested with a short contact time (less than 1 min).

Three vinegar-containing douche products selectively inhibited vaginal pathogens associated with bacterial vaginosis, group B streptococcal vaginitis, and candidiasis, but not lactobacilli.

The antimicrobial effects of the commercial douche products varied among different brands and microbial species tested. (NAN)

2 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by dominique(f): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
informative article. i never subscribed to douching myself.

1 Like

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Flakeey(f): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
i also do not douche but i read that douching with hydrogen peroxide is the best cleansing ever used. it recommended diluting it with water either half water half peroxide or 1/3 peroxide and 2/3water atleast until you figure out what you can handle without cramping or other trouble.
i used to get recurrent BV due to yeast infections which i continued to use antibiotics prescribed by Doctors and as a result would kill all the good bacteria in my vagina thereby causing vagina odor.
i started researching, read so many journals and home remedies...i actually tried most of the home remedies (yoghurt, probiotics, grapefruit juice, garlic, folic acid and vitamins)but the odor would come back after 2 to 3weeks. Then i tried this hydrogen douch and the odor was gone almost immediately, i continued the process every night for 7days, no odor no itching.
BV on its own causes vagina dryness, so i drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and fruits.

1 Like

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by chinedumo(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Does this mean that all viginal odours are okay?
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nellyd(f): 3:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
ok
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by obi123: 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
what is all this womanliness about , its called a Vagina please

i dont get it, whats wrong with its real name, we are all adults , womanliness is just silly

7 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by tevinsolt: 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
it is important to wash up but also keep the original smell, unless it would be causing damage
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Akbee(m): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thanx for the advice ma'am.u r really fighting for a just cos.this issue of douching don tire me joor,atleast our men deserve better treatment in bed wen rocking.douching dries up every drop of Gods given lubricant from the v¤¤¤¤¤ and dis is entirely at the expense of the man.

3 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2012
Flakeey: i also do not douche but i read that douching with hydrogen peroxide is the best cleansing ever used. it recommended diluting it with water either half water half peroxide or 1/3 peroxide and 2/3water atleast until you figure out what you can handle without cramping or other trouble.
i used to get recurrent BV due to yeast infections which i continued to use antibiotics prescribed by Doctors and as a result would kill all the good bacteria in my vagina thereby causing vagina odor.
i started researching, read so many journals and home remedies...i actually tried most of the home remedies (yoghurt, probiotics, grapefruit juice, garlic, folic acid and vitamins)but the odor would come back after 2 to 3weeks.
Then i tried this hydrogen douch and the odor was gone almost immediately, i continued the process every night for 7days, no odor no itching.
BV on its own causes vagina dryness, so i drink a lot of water to stay hydrated and fruits.

EURGGGHHHHH

Gross!!

2 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
Womanliness, womanliness womanliness is all I see in this topic. Mods isn't there a better synonym? Feminity would hav suited it too

2 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
how is the original smell
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2012
Thank God I am not a lady, their wahala 2much; monthly stuff, VG odour, b..re.asts as load, heavy wigs and attachments... The list is endless. Some even got stinking greasy a...sses all the time. Infact, I'm gonna save this page and I'll be using it as a tool to embarras any1 wey wan form 4 me.

7 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
the vaginna is self cleansing and ideally douching is not required

1 Like

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nasri100(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
**runs back to the thread after vomiting ** ovoko cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2012
jackbauersballs:

EURGGGHHHHH

Gross!!
LOL...TOO MUCH INFO
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Ellashow: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
I stop d douching few months bck wen I heard it's dangerous 2 our health....
So I find another solution 2 myself by making sure I clean myself up wit water at least every 2hrs-3hrs jst 2 stay dry and it works perfectly 4 me. I think dats anoda way 2 avoid but not completely d womanliness odour
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by vanstanzy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
What is all this Douching and Womanliness ya'll talking about as though we are kids? Say it out loud and clear... VA*GINA CLEANSING! There... it wasnt that hard. grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by 3kay945(m): 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2012
What is Douching?
undecided
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by koolet: 5:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
choi so womens are proned 2 dirty private stuffz.. neva seen such on ma g.f oh, wel thk God for my creation anyway "fyn boy no douche" wink

1 Like

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Cute2peg(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
choi....hmmmmmm.....gush.....goose pimples..

1 Like

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by bigmaut: 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
Haw are some guys gonna endure d strong fish smell?That can regretably spoil d fun? i think wat she meant by womanliness is to-to,obo or duri or otu or pussycat

1 Like

Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Mathewjoseph: 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
@4direct,u b comfirm ewu gambia.u knw hear im name 4direct.baba ijebu don turn am 2 mumu.beef.
Re: Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching by Series22(m): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
Womanliness..
Are u guys refering 2 TO.TO?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Health Benefits Of Beans You Should Know / Using Saliva As Sexual Lubricant Can Spread HIV, Hepatitis — Physicians / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.