Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) - Crime (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) (85104 Views)

Why We Killed 50 Victims, By Robbery Suspects (photo) / How We Killed The DSS Officials At Arepo - Agbara Robbery Leader / We Killed Futa’s Ex-vc In His Sleep – Domestic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Revolva(m): 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hope these bastards be locked upp for life -- and I said it I blame the dumb girls - online every where dem blew whistle dem go come how could some one invite you to lagos -and you just showed up - have she not been to lagos before - just because they paid her flight - see women like luxury - if its a poor guy with humbleness that's datin her now and tell her to come to lagos with bus ride she won't o - typical nigerian gals
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
tpia@:

sounds like they were looking for specific information possibly related to people she knew.

not really. she most likely didnt plan to give it up, at least not on a first date, hence her coming with a rabbit

whats left to do if you have to keep a from-out-of-town guest company for the night, and she's not giving it up? na to talk/sleep remain na

she comes across as a very decent girl. her trip was purely/mostly business, with a little bit of fun, maybe
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
^ i assume rabbit means the sex gadget.

that's just a decoy by the killers to make themselves look good and portray her as having loose morals.

even if she agreed to have sex with them from their fb or phone conversations, it still doesnt mean they werent looking for information related to people in her circle.

why would they need to keep her for 12 hours? And why the emphasis on that period of time.

they probably called someone while holding her there, who may or may not have been instructing them on what to do with her.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
and as per sex gadgets, did she stock those in her shop?

its very sad that @ 24, there's no sign of a steady boyfriend (who took those fb photos btw?), talkless marriage.

someone as pretty as her, and with a good education and promising future, why was she not in a steady relationship?

and why did she stop updating her fb page after 2010?

i could be wrong about that though, but all her photos are between 2009 and 2010.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
tpia@:
^ i assume rabbit means the sex gadget.

that's just a decoy by the killers to make themselves look good and portray her as having loose morals.

even if she agreed to have sex with them from their fb or phone conversations, it still doesnt mean they werent looking for information related to people in her circle.

why would they need to keep her for 12 hours? And why the emphasis on that period of time.

they probably called someone while holding her there, who may or may not have been instructing them on what to do with her.

they didnt keep her for 12 hrs per se

the guy spent the night in her hotel room. if u come and visit me and i lodge u, will i leave you in the hotel and go home, seeing as you know no one in lagos, and we have been e-dating?

why go home and talk on the phone when we can play catch up through the night?

of course, he could have used the opportunity to pry for information as well, but my point is that if the drugs had worked as planned, he would have been in and out in a few hours at most

gisting was just to while away time so the drug could take effect
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 3:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
^ if she were in a drugged state, she would release information more easily without being aware of what she was saying.

the 12 hours is significant because the killers keep harping/harped on that period of time. Either they're trying to throw out a red herring, or those hours are sticking in their memeory for some reason.

also, their stories are changing.

first they said they had s.ex with her for 12 hours (impossible unless other men were brought in to gang rape her), then it changed to they talked with her for 12 hours.

yes, they were waiting for the drugs to kick in, but i think other things were going on besides what they're saying.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
seeing as you know no one in lagos

she knows people in lagos- dont know if she told them she doesnt, or they assumed she didnt.

but she went to lagos for modelling gigs in 2007.

also, its highly unlikely she didnt know anyone in lagos.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by coogar: 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
tpia@:
^ if she were in a drugged state, she would release information more easily without being aware of what she was saying.

the 12 hours is significant because the killers keep harping/harped on that period of time. Either they're trying to throw out a red herring, or those hours are sticking in their memeory for some reason.

1. standard checkout time is 12 noon, so 'staying with her till 12' could have been misquoted by the journalists

2. they could have gone clubbing till midnight (which is when most hotels lock their gates) and check out time of 12 noon gives 12hrs. remember the receptionist asked if he was checking out?

also, their stories are changing.

first they said they had s.ex with her for 12 hours (impossible unless other men were brought in to gang rape her), then it changed to they talked with her for 12 hours.

yes, they were waiting for the drugs to kick in, but i think other things were going on besides what they're saying.

i must have missed the part where that was explicitly stated
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
i must have missed the part where that was explicitly stated

it was in one of the earlier reports.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
standard checkout time is 12 noon, so 'staying with her till 12' could have been misquoted by the journalists

2. they could have gone clubbing till midnight (which is when most hotels lock their gates) and check out time of 12 noon gives 12hrs. remember the receptionist asked if he was checking out?

12 hours was the exact term used.

not "staying with her till 12".

the video also shows them mentioning july 20- july 21 as the time/days they held her.

true, they could have checked out @ 12 noon the next day, but that still doesnt mean they didnt pump her for information.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by ije12385: 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
the fool that calls him/herself "Kensandrea" you are a disgrace to make such a stupid comment about a deceased person. you are empty as you can get. pray that non of your family member is in a situation far worse than this, since you are soo holy and never made any mistake in your life. Bottom line is nobody deserves to die, no matter what the Bleep was done. We all make mistakes and its unfortunate that a decision made by this young girl caused her her life. She does not deserve to die. What is wrong with the world these days, people supporting wrongful killing of people. To all of you that has made comments to support the death of this young girl, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You are the biggest disgrace to your country and your family. Shame on you all. Empty vessels. I challenge any of you to comment and disagree with me.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Goddess12: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
I registered cos of people like you after many years of watching you guys run your mouths, be sorry for the generational curse that is upon you and yours
berem: on august 14th 2012 you registered as a NL member,you sef don learn how to day misyarn for nairaland abi? You have also learnt from your tribal bigoted ancestors on NL to dey talk anyhow? Sorry for you!
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by honeric01(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
Moyo Oyatogun
Hi there. I've been thinking of the story of the late Cynthia Osukouagu . What do you make of the story? After reading and listening to all the police had to say about the case, I felt bad. Of course being an adult, at 24, late Cynthia was independent. But it tells of the risky kind of life our young people live in this game of dating, sex and having fun. Apart from shopping for her boutique in Abuja, it seems to me the meeting with this her face book 'boyfriend' was a high point of her Lagos visit. Why should she end up in a hotel with a guy she doesnt know well? She didnt think of giving her boyfriend's name and no to anyone at home, I mean she'd been declared missing since last month. This is so risky, yet in our world of fun love and sex, thIs sort of thing happens all the time. The facebook lover even confessed to using a vibrator on her , before drugging her. They also confessed that this is the same drug they used on other girls and it knocked them off. OTHER GIRLS. I am alarmed. We need to tell this sorry over and over to our young people. Most of them take this type of risks. It doesn't always end up,this way, otherwise I don't think we will have enough space to contain the stories. But it does go wrong sometimes as it went wrong with Cynthia. REST IN PEACE CYNTHIA. What a terrible death. Pls let's up our morals once again. We have let go too much. Did u learn anything you'd like to share with me?
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
That was their account of events not hers.
It is possible that the second man was called to come over after she was already drugged.

We do not know for sure how they managed to drug her, but it is even possible that the hotel staff may have colluded in her drugging.

freecocoa: Nna menh but why will you just follow total strangers you are meeting for the first time to a hotel? Two men for that matter, even collected juice from them.

No offense to the dead lady but that's just plain dumb.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by nagoma(m): 4:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Builder: Very sad in deed, this is something u hear or watch on nollywood.... this is not an ibo problem, neither is it a yoruba or hausa problem.. this is a nigerian problem, everywhere u go u see youths who are marginalised from the society. i hope and pray God in his infinite mercy grant the friends, parents and relatives of the deceased the power to bear her loss.

Suddenly this becomes a Nigerian problem! If you ask me this is a Biafran problem lai lai imported to Nigeria.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2012
people seem to be unaware that there is an epidemic of r-ape n our society - be it via drugs or brute force

i'm sure you will soon fin these animals have this on video

there are a lot of videos out there on the net featuring nigerian girls who have clearly been drugged and some grinning animals

and we can all remember the absu 5

the boys simply picked on the wrong gal - the generals daughter

a similar scenario played out when i was in school - there was this good for nothing med student who had alos made a career of gang rap-ing girls with his friend

they would even go as far as enacting sick fetishes - shaving pubic hair , taking photos, threats of violence etc. there was a case when a girl who was psychologically scarred got the bastard arrested - but nothing came out of it , a year later, the guy messed up with a policeman's daughter and the shi-t finally fell on his head. but he still more or less got away
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by htajz: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
yamakuza:

they didnt keep her for 12 hrs per se

the guy spent the night in her hotel room. if u come and visit me and i lodge u, will i leave you in the hotel and go home, seeing as you know no one in lagos, and we have been e-dating?

why go home and talk on the phone when we can play catch up through the night?

of course, he could have used the opportunity to pry for information as well, but my point is that if the drugs had worked as planned, he would have been in and out in a few hours at most

gisting was just to while away time so the drug could take effect

from their video confession it was only one that was with her for 12 hours (probably over night sex which is expected as they have been chatting and he paid for her flight and hotel etc plus chat to get info) the other guy claimned he was called later to come help tie her, this is one of those mysterious nigerian police crime stories that we will never know what actually happened.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
he injected the drugs into the ribena pack with a syringe.

what a scary scenario- shows the level of determination of these killers/rapists/murderers.

so, if girls are wary of drinks that arent in a sealed container, the guy offers them "sealed" drinks which they assume have to be ok, since after all, there's no "evidence" of tampering.

r.ape alone doesnt explain this high level of thoroughness and duplicity.

i doubt the girl stood a chance of leaving lagos [or anywhere] alive after hooking up with these guys. I think she was specifically targeted, although that would of course require more proof than what they're willing to reveal.

murderers tend to fear being killed.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
tpia@:

what a scary scenario- shows the level of determination of these killers/rapists/murderers.

so, if girls are wary of drinks that arent in a sealed container, the guy offers them "sealed" drinks which they assume have to be ok, since after all, there's no "evidence" of tampering.

i doubt the girl stood a chance of leaving lagos [or anywhere] alive after hooking up with these guys. I think she was specifically targeted, although that would of course require more proof than what they're willing to reveal.

wrong- e dey happen well well - its the next level as babes have wised up to spiked drinks

date rape naija style

i think they overdosed her and panicked
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
htajz: from their video confession it was only one that was with her for 12 hours (probably over night sex which is expected as they have been chatting and he paid for her flight and hotel etc plus chat to get info) the other guy claimned he was called later to come help tie her, this is one of those mysterious nigerian police crime stories that we will never know what actually happened.

we are saying the same thing, more or less

tpia@:

12 hours was the exact term used.

not "staying with her till 12".

the video also shows them mentioning july 20- july 21 as the time/days they held her.

true, they could have checked out @ 12 noon the next day, but that still doesnt mean they didnt pump her for information.

which family/network info again, after BBing for several months?

the only info left to get/most important to them would be how much she came with, and where she kept it.

she probably told him she wasnt with cash and he didnt believe her.

they wouldnt have had to beat her or strangle her/stiffle her screams if the drug had worked well.

i doubt the girl stood a chance of leaving lagos [or anywhere] alive after hooking up with these guys. I think she was specifically targeted,
although that would of course require more proof than what they're willing to reveal.

u think it was kidnap, with an attempt to find out how much ransom they could get?

na, i dont think so. robbery, definitely. remember that the drug used wipes memory? why kill the victims if they cant remember anything after, and are unable to assist in whatever investigation might try to maybe come up?
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
wrong- e dey happen well well - its the next level as babes have wised up to spiked drinks

date Molestation naija style

i think they overdosed her and panicked

not sure i understand what you mean by the bolded. I think i'm possibly more familiar with that scenario than you.

the last sentence is too hollywood-ish. They said she didnt even finish the ribena [unless the story again changed], so its not certain there was an overdose.

they did not panic [too cliche and stereotypical]. They called the hotel afterwards to inform them of the "bastard's" body in one of the room, and asked them to remove it.

the whole thing sounds premeditated to me.

she just didnt know they'd been stringing her along the whole time.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
of course i could be wrong, but i get the feeling the father might have been the actual target, and when they couldnt get him, they went for the daughter.

unfortunately, they found it easier to get her.

just sad.

regardless if she was or wasnt in the runs lifestyle- many do this type of thing and remain alive. Its unfortunate she had to be killed either while doing business or meeting up with strange men in the hotel.

thousands of girls do the same and remain alive.

just smh.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
tpia@:
of course i could be wrong, but i get the feeling the father might have been the actual target, and when they couldnt get him, they went for the daughter.

unfortunately, they found it easier to get her.

just sad.

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, thats a long shot. the book wont sell.

regardless if she was or wasnt in the runs lifestyle- many do this type of thing and remain alive. Its unfortunate she had to be killed either while doing business or meeting up with strange men in the hotel.

thousands of girls do the same and remain alive.

just smh.

with the ones that remain alive, things go as planned (they fall, are used, and are offloaded)

and, ritualists are not involved

the whole thing sounds premeditated to me.

she just didnt know they'd been stringing her along the whole time.

definitely! same m.o. for 5 straight jobs, remember?

this is a standard "Class 4 op", with textbook solutions for every contingency that might occur

they just bungled it
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tomakint: 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
na2day!:
How i wish they were caught by the General himself angry
24 hours in the guard room before summary execution would have been too lenient! angry
Sometimes you wonder why people are so wicked! angry

It will surprise you the level at which most guys can go to just to make money, but on this one? Men they miss it big time!!! Poor soul, perhaps somethings are working against her (it's very traumatizing) as for me those idiots deserve the capital punishment; death by hanging!!!
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
yamakuza:

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, thats a long shot. the book wont sell.

sometimes the truth has to be told.

if the girl had understood all this, she might have been more careful about her movements and who she associated with.

with the ones that remain alive, things go as planned (they fall, are used, and are offloaded)

and, ritualists are not involved

the ones that remain alive, are allowed to do so for a reason- namely their death is not yet needed.

and vice versa.

people [girls especially] do not understand the concept of slavery.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
tomakint:

It will surprise you the level at which most guys can go to just to make money, but on this one? Men they miss it big time!!! Poor soul, perhaps somethings are working against her (it's very traumatizing) as for me those idiots deserve the capital punishment; death by hanging!!!

a good lawyer can get them away with manslaughter, if he can prove she was still alive when they left the room.

their calling to tip off the hotel might also work in their favor.

but thats in civilized climes anyway
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
definitely! same m.o. for 5 straight jobs, remember?

they just bungled it

first it was she was their sixth dead victim.

then it changed to they've drugged 4 other girls who remained alive, while she ended up dead "by mistake".

in any case, as i said yesterday and was jumped by one or more of their associates for doing so, the other victims need to be identified, named and located.

the "bungling" part is the excuse they want to give the judge and also to forestall any wider issues arising from this killing.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by vizion: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
honeric01: Moyo Oyatogun
Hi there. I've been thinking of the story of the late Cynthia Osukouagu . What do you make of the story? After reading and listening to all the police had to say about the case, I felt bad. Of course being an adult, at 24, late Cynthia was independent. But it tells of the risky kind of life our young people live in this game of dating, sex and having fun. Apart from shopping for her boutique in Abuja, it seems to me the meeting with this her face book 'boyfriend' was a high point of her Lagos visit. Why should she end up in a hotel with a guy she doesnt know well? She didnt think of giving her boyfriend's name and no to anyone at home, I mean she'd been declared missing since last month. This is so risky, yet in our world of fun love and sex, thIs sort of thing happens all the time. The facebook lover even confessed to using a vibrator on her , before drugging her. They also confessed that this is the same drug they used on other girls and it knocked them off. OTHER GIRLS. I am alarmed. We need to tell this sorry over and over to our young people. Most of them take this type of risks. It doesn't always end up,this way, otherwise I don't think we will have enough space to contain the stories. But it does go wrong sometimes as it went wrong with Cynthia. REST IN PEACE CYNTHIA. What a terrible death. Pls let's up our morals once again. We have let go too much. Did u learn anything you'd like to share with me?

I can't believe that this lady was going to lagos on a business could not afford her own accommodation, as business expenses, for crying out loud, her father is a General.
how can one go to a hotel room/ (or any place private) unaccompanied, with two men she has never met before in her life, there are more open place to transact her business.

we live in world full of psycho's, so it is out responsibility to protect ourselves. These should serve as a warning to people who, wait for free rides from strangers on the road, instead of paying the class of fare they can afford, or those that wait for someone to take them out for free lunch.

let the living take note and adjust their lifestyle accordingly, cause i assure you, this lady is not the first to have died/raped in similiar circumstances, its just that her own has been made public

My heart goes out to all those who in one way or the other are bereaved by this.

we should learn to stick to what we have, and work hard to
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by vizion: 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
we live in world full of psycho's

very true.

let the living take note and adjust their lifestyle accordingly

there are times when people can afford not to know their family history.

the times we're living in now, arent those.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

My Aunt Husband Showed Me ‘Blue Film’ Before Sleeping With Me - 13-Year-Old Girl / How I Was Drugged, Raped, Fired From Air Force (photos) / 2 Men handle Lady’s Breasts, Lure Her Into Sex Romp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.