Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) - Crime (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) (84579 Views)

Why We Killed 50 Victims, By Robbery Suspects (photo) / How We Killed The DSS Officials At Arepo - Agbara Robbery Leader / We Killed Futa’s Ex-vc In His Sleep – Domestic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by UmarSanda: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2012
Igbo kwenu! Kwezu kwenu! ;DIgbo kwenu! Kwezu kwenu!
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by vickspider(f): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2012
The initial report said d idiots deposited her body in d morgue, another said they left her at d hotel......sigh....wetin i dey try understand sef...d poor girl is dead..d deed is done...God pls console d family of poor Cynthia..
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by SkyRider1(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2012
mmmustapha: I always say it dat igbo man can do anytin 2 get money, c how they rape n killed innocent gal, so sad

[size=8pt]Also include in your remarks that Igbos are more learned than you.

ANU MPAM!!!

Na Ibo be the first and only person to kill and rob girl. haba!
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2012
meeting people is relative....i have made better friends on facebook than all ma life in the real world...people who stood by me in my time of needs....sent me money when i lost all my millions....people till date i have not seen with my eyes...only phone calls and facebook....i have had gal friends on facebook dat have met...we have had sex and all...not 1 not 2 not 3 so i think its relative to the person....we cant all be animals...d festac town in question is were i was born and grew up till all dis get rich quick people started entering festac around 1991 dat was wen festac lost it.....we have made stars from festac...2face and all trust me festac boyz are cool and no animal coming in will spoil ma hood..... angry angry angry angry now i look back at festac and i am so sad cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by akigbemaru: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2012
Oh Biafra, the land of dying sun. Your people can too greedy for money. They come to Lagos to rob and kill and quickly run back to ibo land. The other ibos will start insulting Yoruba because it happened in its region, therefore, it may be yoruba that kill ibo. But thank God now, God will keep exposing you sons of darkness from ibo land.

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 23, 2012
Once they commit crime in Lagos....they run back to the East to hibernate and let things cool off, and then return to continue with their nefarious activities.

Wish all luxurious buses entering the West can be given a stop and search arrangement at any point before entering here to identify all these Criminal boys and girls that floods Lagos day and night from the East.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by sandee575(f): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2012
These cases come up all the time but this is popular because of the
Major General connection. I wish these ladies could be less moronic.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2012
jerseyboy: [size=16pt]Who Raised These Animals?[/size]

Who else....Ibos!!

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by mylunch: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2012
Gluckdude: Like seriously? Who does business in a hotel with a stranger
Whats wrong with having a busines conversation in a fast food or in a public place if neither of them have an office,

My guess is she was into runs, and met with crooks. No decent lady will go into an hotel room with male companion to discuss business, would she have done that if her bf/fiance lives on the same street the hotel is located?
Either way she doesnt deserve to die that way, but she placed herself in harms way.

Those are my thoughts anyway.
RIP
Her decision to go over to an hotel would depend on the nature of business she was into,apparently,she was into clothing,she might not be comfortable having theses cloths displayed at places like tantalizer while bargaining,attracting a stare or attention.If she lacked a relative in lagos,it is't out of place to lodge in an hotel and invite her business partners over with the items.In relation,she had been friends with them a while,the only issue is that she was too trusting.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Ndata(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2012
Who is that slowpoke that has been hiding my posts and has done nothing about Igbo bashings on this thread?
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2012
FESTAC really seems to be a dubious town. I was initially thinking of picking up a property there, thank God I was advised to get one in Gbagada instead. What a shame of a place cry
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 23, 2012
Am sure these guys are also part of the gangs that robs motorists around the notorious Amuwo---Mile 2 --- Festac ---- Agboju---Trade fair axis.

How else can you explain the discovery of so many mobile phones in their possession ?
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by veraponpo(m): 11:02am On Aug 23, 2012
coogar:

don't mind the dorks - and they would be the first to scream racism if a white man tells them to shut up! nigerians are nigerians - the thoughts should be on the innocent victim not some tribalism nonsense i am reading on these pages. some people really need to take a hard look on themselves. an innocent life has been snuffed out and you people are doing inter-tribal rubbish on the internet!

See my guy, there is an adage in Yoruba that states 'ipako onipako laari, eni eleni lo n ba ni ri t'eni' meaning you can see other peoples weaknesses and faults but not yours, only external people can see yours too.

My Igbo people caused all the tribal and ethnic problem in Nigeria, I am not trying to exagirate or incite you. They always believe they are better and superior. Always forgeting that the gentility of a tiger is not as a result of cowardice. They first coup in which Igbo people killed Yoruba leaders-Samuel Akintola, Adekunle Fajuyi, etc and Hausa leaders-Tafawa Balewa, Hamadu Bello,etc and left Azikwe, Okpara,etc was the beginning of the whole problem.

Let us agree that no tribe is bad or good, it is all about the individuals therein. Tell your people to stop faulting other tribes, we can do that also maybe better.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2012
mikeujoel: FESTAC really seems to be a dubious town. I was initially thinking of picking up a property there, thank God I was advised to get one in Gbagada instead. What a shame of a place cry

Never you contemplate having a property in such a dungeon. I was also offered a property at a very ridiculously low prize at the Amuwo Odofin Estate..my wife completely said NO!!!!!
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2012
seedord247: Igbo why why why ?

Cant u guys continue with ya poff poff and okrika bizzness. shocked

i wonder o.let dem all remain in alaba.it is dem dat wil b found in raping,piration,kidnapping,bullying,murder etc,so desperatly lazy and debased.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by buJu234: 11:21am On Aug 23, 2012
sorry to my igbo brothers oo...

assuming I am a female; I dont think I will date an igbo man...

because most of the time; its either they will finally leave me for one of the small village girls that their mother will bring for them or
use me for money...

That tribe is too greedy when it comes to money..

check:-
importation of fake goods they re leading in that section
drug trafficking they re the masters
bride price they d highest in Nigeria; if not the world
Duping friends; they re still the highest
even killing their own brothers & sisters for money sake....

wenti sef Igbo people eh... ( I am not saying its all of them ooo; but its like the % of the bad ones is on the increase at a very fast rate)...

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by doctokwus: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2012
Still av doubts about this confession,just don't know y.Nigerian journalists & d social media are also not helping matters,there seems 2b dis hurry 2find culprits in dis murder& get it over wt,while relevant questions posed by dis latest parade of suspects are conveniently overlookedsad1)d police claim 2 av got d culprits thru cctv given by d hotel,y are dey not showing us d cctv of dis paraded guys (2) if a 2star hotel claims 2 av cctv,I assume d airport in lagos will av multiple,let's also c if d pix of d guys matches those in d hotel(3)dis guys claim dis is their 6th victim,d police shd giv d public d details of there other victims(4) 2 guys offer d lady a drink in d hotel room;assuming she's evn a runs girl,unless coerced,which girl will take a drink alone without one of d culprits also sharing(5) a side of d story sed her mouth was taped,meanwhile dey still asked her to tell dem where d mony was,how possible is dat?(5) teflon,reportedly used,is not a sedative,so how cud it av made her drowsy? @least let d police release d cctv coverage 4us 2be sure dese are d real culprits,not some randomly selected,tortured individuals,bc d story still has a lot of loopholes,while d real culprits roam d streets free,endangering d lives of every other person,not just females.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by bbporsche: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
obadiah777: she for bring some of the money wey her papa done steal now. abi ? undecided

u r soooo insensitive angry angry angry angry i bet if u were in those suspects shoes u wud hav done worse.

@OP, may God grant her family the fortitude to bear the loss. cry cry
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
Are these phockers on facebook? Someone should bring up their ugly faces
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by IleIfe2(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by dramaqueen1(f): 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
na2day!:
[size=13pt]THE TWO BASTARDTS[/size]

Covering their faces: The two suspected killers of Cynthia, a retired General’s daughter, paraded today in Lagos.

Two murder suspects who were paraded today by the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, Echezona Nwabufor, 33, and Ezekiel Nnechuwu Olisa Eloka, 23, have narrated how they drugged the daughter of a retired General, Miss Cynthia Akuzogwu Udoka, 25, and strangled her in order to steal her money.

One of the suspects, Eloka, said they killed Cynthia because they thought she had a lot of money in her possession. But after the dastardly act, they did not find a reasonable amount of money on her.

According to the suspects, “we met her on the facebook on our Blackberry. We invited her to come to Lagos to buy goods at cheap prices.

[size=13pt]“When she got to Lagos, we took her to a hotel in Festac. We thought she had a lot of money, but she said she didn’t have any money. We gave her Reflon tablet in her Ribena drink. After this, we slept with her for 12 hours in that hotel. We discovered that the tablet did not work quickly on her.[/size]

“We then attacked her, tied her up and used cellotape to cover her mouth. After that, we beat her to tell us where she kept the money.

“When we didn’t get any money from her, we tied her mouth and strangled her and then we abandoned her in the hotel and fled.”

The suspects and the General’s daughter became friends on Facebook and were exchanging messages and phone calls.

She told them she was coming to Lagos. They met her at Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja from where they ushered her into a hotel in Festac town, Lagos.

Briefing journalists on how policemen were able to arrest the suspects, Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Umar Abubakar Manko, said detectives made use of the close circuit television, CCTV, at the hotel where the crime was committed to identify them.

The late Miss Cynthia Akuzogwu Udoka

The Area Commander, Area ‘E’ Police Command, ACP Okoro added that the suspects who are undergraduates of Nigerian universities were nabbed through the call logs of the telephone conversations they had with the late Cynthia who was a post graduate student of Nasarawa State University.

When the suspected killers strangled Cynthia, they deposited her corpse at the mortuary of Isolo General Hospital in Lagos.

ACP Okoro stated that many ATM cards, about 23 SIM cards, different identity cards were recovered from the suspects.

Police sources said the two suspects will soon be arraigned in court to answer a charge of murder.

Meanwhile, the late Cynthia’s best friend, Aishatu Ene Ella, has paid a glowing tribute to the deceased.

She said: “In the last few days, I have seen my heart torn, stripped and broken into pieces, first by the disappearance and death of my dearest friend and secondly by the wickedness exhibited by Nigerians passing judgement on someone they never knew or met.”

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/08/22/facebook-tragedy-how-we-killed-the-generals-daughter-suspects/

[size=13pt]ANOTHER SOURCE:[/size]

The police in Lagos yesterday paraded suspects who killed Cynthia Ozokogu age 24 whose body was traced to a morgue in the metropolis at the weeked. Cynthia is the last child and only daughter of Major Gen. Ozokogu (rtd). She was killed on July 22 in an hotel in FESTAC. There were a lot of posers at the parade gound in Ikeja yesterday. The suspects Okume and Ezeke (surnames withheld by us) one of them a university student, were driven there in a sleek car.

The suspects, who met their victim, Cynthia on Facebook, were alleged to have sexually molested the victim, tied and chained her before she was finally murdered. The Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, told newsmen that Ezeke was arrested in Anambra State while his colleague, a 100 level Accounting student of the University of Lagos (UNILAG), Okume was nabbed in FESTAC. He stated that detectives from Area E Command, FESTAC got a lead into the case when they got the suspects’ pictures in a footage from a Close Circuit Camera TV (CCTV) that was installed in the hotel.. “We discovered that two young men came to the hotel and went to the room and after sometime came out with a package.

They were arrested and have confessed that they killed the lady,” he added. Facts about the case Manko said that on July 22 this year, in FESTAC, the police found a lady dead in her hotel room tied and chained. He stated the police discovered that “somebody called demanding that the body of the bastard be removed.” Manka said when the body was found, the police had no details about the identity of the deceased.

‘From the yellow card that was found’ we got her passport number from the internet and the Nigerian Immigration Service was able to link her up and was able to establish her actual identity’, he said. Manko noted that the suspects told the police that they started with the deceased on the internet which they were able to establish that she is a businesswoman who comes to. Lagos to buy and goes to Abuja to sell and concluded that she must have money. He said that one of the suspects gave her a flight ticket and an accommodation in the hotel.

[size=13pt]The suspects, Manko said, drugged the drink, which they gave to the deceased. The drug, he explained, got the deceased knocked off and the suspects settled down for what they were there for, but that unfortunately, she died in the process. “She struggled before she collapsed and got her killed’, he added.” Suspects’ confessional statement The suspects confessed to journalists that they actually met the victim on Facebook and that their intention was to dispossess Cynthia of her belongings and did not intend to kill her. Okume said that they drugged the deceased with medicine, which they injected in three of the drink they gave to the deceased.[/size]

[size=13pt]He denied having sexual intercourse with her, adding that the condom that was found in her hotel room was not used by them. He explained that they only used a se.xual toy (vibr.ator) which they found on the deceased. Okume, the 100 level Accounting student admitted that the deceased was their fourth victim.[/size] ‘We always meet with our victims in different hotels in FESTAC,” he added. He, however, denied killing the three other victims and that the death of the only daughter of the retired General was quite unfortunate. Posers The suspects who were smartly dressed were brought to the command headquarters Ikeja in a sleek car.

Recall that prior to the discovery of her body in the morgue last Saturday, Cynthia had been declared missing by her family since July 22 after she had left her base in Nasarawa State to come to Lagos for shopping. Attempts by her relations and concerned friends to ascertain her whereabouts were not successful prompting them to circulate messages on the social media, but no one could give vital information about her. Prior to the discovery of the body, her family had no inkling she was dead. Rather, she was listed as a missing person.

According to reports, the deceased who was running a postgraduate program in Public Administration at the Nasarawa State University, was lured into Lagos by a group of men whose stock in trade is to deceive young girls and kill them after dispossessing them of their belongings. There was a twist in the case when the body was found in a mortuary in Lagos and indications pointed to the fact that the deceased was killed in the hotel she lodged in before she was taken to the mortuary.

According to sources, the deceased was said to have been robbed and killed in the hotel by the same people she was supposed to do business with. At the hotel, the duo who went to pick her at the airport, having allegedly connived with a staff of the hotel and a pharmacist who produced the substance used to drug her, immediately executed their plan.

The deceased was tied up, robbed of all the money she brought for her business and strangled her to death. The suspects immediately dispossessed her of her phones, her identity card and other things that could be used to identify her.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/facebook-murder-why-we-killed-cynthia/

[size=13pt]TO ALL THOSE PICKING HOLES IN THE STORY,
HERE IS STILL ANOTHER SOURCE:
[/size]

The suspects who allegedly killed Cytnhia Osokogu, daughter of Maj.-Gen. Frank Osokogu (retd.), on July 22, 2012, have admitted that they drugged and beat the 24-year-old girl before she died.

The suspects – Nwabuzo Okumo and Odera Ezekiel – described the incident as a mistake. They claimed that they only wanted to rob her and flee from the hotel before things went awry.

Okumo, a 300-level Accounting student of the University of Lagos, said he met the deceased on BlackBerry Messenger and established a relationship with her before inviting her to Lagos.

He said, “We met through a group on BlackBerry Messenger. We had formed a kind of friendship online.

[size=13pt]“When she told me that she was coming to Lagos to buy some goods for her boutique in Abuja, I invited her to Casmillo Hotel, Amuwo Odofin, where an incident led to her death. It was not planned that way. It was a big mistake.

“She arrived in Lagos from Abuja on Sunday, July 21 and I took her to the hotel. I gave her a pack of Ribena juice, which had been injected with a drug I use on women that makes them dizzy, weak and wipes their memory afterwards. I have used the drugs on four girls but it did not kill them.

“I stayed in the room with her for about 12 hours. We talked; I used a vib.rator (se.x toy) on her. I noticed that she did not drink all the juice and so the drug was not as effective as expected.
[/size]

“I had no choice than to engage her in a struggle. I had to tie her so that she would not be able to follow me after robbing her.”

However, Ezekiel, a 400-level student of Accounting at the Anambra State University, said he was called by Okumo to help him tie up the girl. He said it was when Cynthia was struggling with them that they beat her up before chaining her.

[size=13pt]He said he gave Okumo two packs of Ribena juice that were injected with 10 tablets of Refinol.[/size]

He said, “I didn’t know the victim. The morning it happened, he (Okumo), said I should come and help him bind the girl because he wanted to steal her belongings. In the process of binding her, she was struggling so we had to beat her up and it was in the process that she passed out. We used our hands in beating her; we did not use any weapon.

“She was still breathing as at the time I left the hotel.”

While parading the suspects, the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, Umar Manko, said the suspects specialise in luring young ladies and robbing them. He added that it was unclear if the boys killed their previous victims or not.

“The young lady was found dead and chained in a room in the hotel. Someone called the hotel reception and said, ‘Go and get the dead body of a bastard from your. room’. When the lady was found, her identity could not be ascertained,” he said.

It was learnt that a yellow card belonging to the victim was found in the hotel room. From the card, he said the police called immigration authorities and got the passport number and details of the victim.

Manko said, “Her identity was not known but from the telephone number used in calling the hotel, we started our investigations until we got her passport number through the Immigration Service and were able to establish her identity.

“Through CCTV footage, we discovered that two young men entered into her room. We were able to trace the suspects through the phone number that called the hotel.”

Our correspondent learnt that the police initially arrested Ezekiel’s girlfriend. She aided them in apprehending Ezekiel who had run to Anambra State.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Ezekiel then led the police to Okumo in FESTAC.

Manko said, “The boys are cousins and both are from Anambra State. We’ve been told that this is not their first time but we’ve not been able to able to establish if they always kill their victims. It’s a very long investigation and it’s still ongoing.

“The case is a lesson to people using social networks to be very careful. The suspects will be charged to court for murder.”

The CP however added that no employee of the hotel was involved in the crime.

[size=13pt]The items recovered from the suspects are seven driving licences (three belonging to Ezekiel, four belonging to Okumo with different names); the deceased’s belongings, including her shoes(found in Okumo’s house); 17 mobile phones, two Diamond Bank rubber stamps, two syringes, a pack of Ribena, 22 SIM cards, a chain, 12 debit and credit cards.[/size]

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-drugged-beat-generals-daughter-before-her-death-suspects/

abeg I don tire for all this fake tales today they strangled her tomoro na drugs kill her.abeggi..what and how she died is only cythia that can tell too bad she is dead already.other poor nigerians dey die e no dey enter front page general pikin die na everyday news am tired of seeing this.because its not the real gist they are giving
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by malaria(f): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
sting_224: “When we didn’t get any money from her, we tied her mouth and strangled her and then we abandoned her in the hotel and fled.”

When the suspected killers strangled Cynthia, they deposited her corpse at the mortuary of Isolo General Hospital in Lagos.

Follow me ask them o,such a complicated story.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by AlhajiPastor: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
GOD KNOWS I NEVER HAD RESPECT FOR ANY IBO MAN, NO MATTER HOW RICH AND HIGHLY PLACED HE IS. THESE PEOPLE ARE ANIMALS AND CAN GO TO ANY LENGHT JUST TO GET MONEY AND GO TO THE VILLAGE WITH AN EXOTIC CARS DURING XMAS. RIP TO THE LADY AND MAY GOD ALMIGHTY CONSOLE THE FAMILY.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by favvyE(f): 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
how pathetic..
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
drama queen: abeg I don tire for all this fake tales today they strangled her tomoro na drugs kill her.abeggi..what and how she died is only cythia that can tell too bad she is dead already.other poor nigerians dey die e no dey enter front page general pikin die na everyday news am tired of seeing this.because its not the real gist they are giving
and you quote that long post to air your idiotic and imbecillic post. You are a certified ediot, fool.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by okekwumusa: 2:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
I dont no why Nigeria need to listen to all this higher killer before eliminating the
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
doctokwus: Still av doubts about this confession,just don't know y.Nigerian journalists & d social media are also not helping matters,there seems 2b dis hurry 2find culprits in dis murder& get it over wt,while relevant questions posed by dis latest parade of suspects are conveniently overlookedsad1)d police claim 2 av got d culprits thru cctv given by d hotel,y are dey not showing us d cctv of dis paraded guys (2) if a 2star hotel claims 2 av cctv,I assume d airport in lagos will av multiple,let's also c if d pix of d guys matches those in d hotel(3)dis guys claim dis is their 6th victim,d police shd giv d public d details of there other victims(4) 2 guys offer d lady a drink in d hotel room;assuming she's evn a runs girl,unless coerced,which girl will take a drink alone without one of d culprits also sharing(5) a side of d story sed her mouth was taped,meanwhile dey still asked her to tell dem where d mony was,how possible is dat?(5) teflon,reportedly used,is not a sedative,so how cud it av made her drowsy? @least let d police release d cctv coverage 4us 2be sure dese are d real culprits,not some randomly selected,tortured individuals,bc d story still has a lot of loopholes,while d real culprits roam d streets free,endangering d lives of every other person,not just females.

it appears she went into the hotel room with only 1 guy. if she met 2 guys at the airport, the other must have stayed in the car.

her reluctance to finish her drink shows her guard was up too.

“When she told me that she was coming to Lagos to buy some goods for her boutique in Abuja, I invited her to Casmillo Hotel, Amuwo Odofin, where an incident led to her death. It was not planned that way. It was a big mistake.

“She arrived in Lagos from Abuja on Sunday, July 21 and I took her to the hotel. I gave her a pack of Ribena juice, which had been injected with a drug I use on women that makes them dizzy, weak and wipes their memory afterwards. I have used the drugs on four girls but it did not kill them.

I stayed in the room with her for about 12 hours. We talked; I used a vib.rator (se.x toy) on her. I noticed that she did not drink all the juice and so the drug was not as effective as expected.

“I had no choice than to engage her in a struggle. I had to tie her so that she would not be able to follow me after robbing her.”

However, Ezekiel, a 400-level student of Accounting at the Anambra State University, said he was called by Okumo to help him tie up the girl. He said it was when Cynthia was struggling with them that they beat her up before chaining her.

it appears she went into the hotel room with only 1 guy. if she met 2 guys at the airport, the other must have stayed in the car or gone back.

her reluctance to finish her drink shows her guard was up too.

Please lets give her some credit. she wasnt a runs girl, at least not the usual type. its not easy to be a General's daughter na!

He denied having intimate intercourse with her, adding that the condom that was found in her hotel room was not used by them. He explained that they only used a se.xual toy (vibr.ator) which they found on the deceased. Okume, the 100 level Accounting student admitted that the deceased was their fourth victim. ‘We always meet with our victims in different hotels in FESTAC,” he added. He, however, denied killing the three other victims and that the death of the only daughter of the retired General was quite unfortunate. Posers The suspects who were smartly dressed were brought to the command headquarters Ikeja in a sleek car.

which is probably why they were never caught till now. no murder(s), and the victims would have been too ashamed to pursue matters, even if they remembered the details
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by fe32(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
the full confession as reported by vanguard. RIP Cynthia

Cynthia, our 5th victim – Killers of General’s daughter

By Evelyn Usman and Ruth Chukwuemeka
LAGOS— Emotions ran high, yesterday, at the Lagos State Police Command headquarters, Ikeja, following startling revelations by two university students on how Cynthia Osokogu, the only daughter of a retired General was strangled inside a hotel in Festac area of the state.

While parading the suspects, the police displayed 18 handsets, one brown Louis Vuitton bag, a black suede shoe belonging to the deceased, seven drivers licences, an unopened Ribena drink, two sunshades, two used syringes, eight wrist watches, four stamps from different banks, one chain and padlock, one international passport bearing the deceased name and over thirty complimentary cards, over fifty used and unused sim cards of various networks and an Identity card bearing Sunday Briggs which they said, were recovered from the suspects.

The undergraduates, Nwabufo Okwumo, 33, and Odera Ezekiel, 23, discovered to be cousins, claimed their intention was never to kill the 25 year-old post graduate student of Nasarawa State University but to collect her money and jewelries.

One of the suspects, Nwabufo, a 300 level Accounting student of the University of Lagos, admitted to have been chatting with the deceased on the blackberry for sometime. In the process, she revealed her true background including the fact that she owned a boutique.

But unknown to her, Nwabufo who hails from Nnewi, Anambra State had a sinister motive. Along the line, the deceased, according to him, informed him that she was coming to Lagos to buy wigs and attachments for her saloon. The suspect then paid for the air ticket.

How the deed was done

Vanguard gathered that the deceased arrived Lagos on July 21, 2012, and she was picked at the Murtala Mohammed Airport by Nwabufo and driven straight to a hotel called Casmilla on 6th Avenue, Festac town where Nwabufor had earlier made reservation with a fictitious name.

Inside the hotel, Nwabufo reportedly offered a bottle of Moet to Cynthia which she reportedly declined on the ground that she does not take alcohol. The suspect thereafter, asked her to take a Ribena drink from the fridge. But unknown to her, the three packets of Ribena had been drugged. He confessed that she took three; one in the afternoon, another in the evening and the third, the next morning.

Next day, she reportedly became tipsy. Even at that state, it was reliably gathered that Cynthia did not allow Nwabufo to sleep with her the previous night.

It was learnt that in the morning, the second suspect, Odera came in. At that point, Cynthia who apparently had started feeling the effect of the drugs asked who the visitor was. Rather than getting an answer, she was reportedly pinned down by Nwabufo, with her hands and legs tied. At that state, Nwabufo allegedly raped her twice. His cousin, Odera reportedly took over and used a sex vibrator on her.

I did not mean to kill her

But in his confessional statement, Nwabufo who was dressed in an ash-coloured suit, said his intention was never to kill her. He admitted however, that Cynthia was not his first victim, disclosing that all he did was to propose to them through blackberry and later invite them to the hotel,where he drugged and dispossessed them of cash and other valuables.

According to him: “It was a mistake, I never meant to kill her. I invited her from Abuja as my friend on July 21. I was trying to dislodge her by tying her hands and I hit her in the process. I tied her because I did not want her to know I was escaping from the hotel. We had a mutual agreement for her to come over. I met her from BB (blackberry) group chat. She came to buy some things for her boutique in Abuja. We had a disagreement. I did not rape her. It was the devil’s handwork.

I wanted to run because I knew I had committed a serious offence against her. I thought she had money on her that I can collect. So in the process, I tied her with cellotape to make her not to shout. I was not the only person, it was I and my cousin, Odera that did it. We tied her together and beat her together.

Yes, I invited her and in the process we felt like robbing her of all she had. The condom the police saw on me is what I used personally. I used it on her based on the intimacy gadget with her. She came with a vibrator intimacy gadget, so I inserted the condom on the intimacy gadget and later dropped it there. I did not make love to her. If they test the condom forensically, it will prove that I did not use it on her.

I drugged her with RAFINOL through Ribena drink. I bought three packets of Ribena and when she took it, she became weak. It was my cousin that drugged the drink, he used a syringe and administered ten tablets of it inside the drink.

This is the first time someone died in the process. I have done this say like, four times before now but none of the girls died. Whenever they take the drink, I will sleep with them and they will just lose memory of all that transpired. Usually, I use hotels in Festac. I have used Opera mini Hotel, Benny, Chelsea and Concilia. I feel bad because I did not bargain for this – to kill her in the first instance. It is just unfortunate and it was an accident,”he stated.

His alleged partner in the crime, Odera Ezekiel, said: “ I am also an Accounting student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. The morning it happened, my brother called me to come to the hotel to help him bind the girl so that he can dispossess her of her belongings.

My mission at the hotel was to come and help him bind the girl. In the process of trying to bind the girl, she put up struggle and we assaulted her and in the process, she passed out. I did not hit her with any hard object and we didn’t have any weapon with us. My brother only told me he wanted to take her money. I have not done it before. He asked me to buy the drink for him”.

How they were arrested

Vanguardgathered that after the evil deed was done, Odera left the hotel first with the lady’s belongings. Moments later, his cousin Nwabufo then left. But at the reception, one of the receptionists asked if he was checking out but he said he was coming back. Two hours later, they reportedly called the hotel telling them to ”go into the room and remove the corpse of the bagger.” On getting to the room, Cynthia was said to have been discovered stone dead with her hands and legs tied to the back and with series of bite marks on her back which she apparently sustained during the struggle for dear life.

Police sources hinted that investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of the girl proved a hard nut for them initially. However, the first trace that gave the suspects out was the number with which they contacted the hotel. Their task was made more difficult because the fleeing suspects threw away the sim card they used in calling the hotel. The detectives, however, went an extra mile and succeeded in using the same number to get all the suspects’ contacts and it was from there that the bubble burst.

The investigation took detectives to Cotonou and Nnewi where Odera who is in his final year was arrested in the school premises. His confessional statement, as gathered, led to the arrest of his cousin, Nwabufo. Over 40 persons, as gathered, were arrested in the course of the investigation. But gradually, most of them were released when operatives could not link them to the crime.

Another thing that helped the police in identifying the deceased was her Yellow Card, which her assailants reportedly forgot in the hotel room. But the telephone number of the card was discovered to be different from her original number. The Immigration was reportedly contacted in the course of the investigation which was described as a rigorous one.

The command’s boss, Mr Umar Manko who paraded the suspects before newsmen disclosed that the footage of the Close Circuit Television, CCTV, in the hotel also assisted the police in their investigation.

He said: “From the footage, we discovered that the two young men came into the hotel, went into the room and came out after a while, so we started from there”. Emphasizing the importance of CCTV in crime detection, the elated police boss said the police was working towards installing it around the state.

“We are talking to the Lagos State government and the Force Headquarters. We have been meeting with bankers but with this development, we do not have more option than to meet with hoteliers.

It has become necessary to mandate hoteliers to install CCTV in their hotels because security is a fight against crime and it is not a fight for the police alone but everyone. People who run such businesses must put in place facilities that will make those who come feel safe.”

He, therefore, advised young ladies to learn a lesson from this, saying, “youths have to be more careful. Social media network is good but some criminals are trying to make something criminal out of it”, adding that the suspects will be charged to court soon.”

Meanwhile, the pharmacist who reportedly sold the tranquilizer to the suspects is still in police custody. Although he was not paraded alongside the suspects whose faces the police insisted, should not be photographed, Vanguard gathered that he might be charged to court because he was not supposed to sell the drugs without prescription.

link here http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/cynthia-our-5th-victim-killers-of-generals-daughter/
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by billyG(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
1.“When we didn’t get any money from her, we tied her mouth and strangled her and then we abandoned her in the hotel and fled.”

2.When the suspected killers strangled Cynthia, they deposited her corpse at the mortuary of Isolo General Hospital in Lagos.
This two stories look doubtful police work on it again.
The act perpetuated d by d 2 eastern devil incarnate is despicable & devilish.may her soul rest in peace.
This is a lesson 4 all d wayward gals that jumps frm facebook pages 2 hotels.:'
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
“I stayed in the room with her for about 12 hours. We talked

sounds like they were looking for specific information possibly related to people she knew.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
why havent the police shown these people's faces?
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
seems the billions spent on SIM registration isnt a total waste afterall ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

UK Police Officers Had Sex With Women While On Duty / Clement Asuquo Caught Celestine Umeh In Bed With His Wife, Gets Framed Up - SR / 'I Can’t Walk Properly' - Ondo Prostitute Creates Scene After Client Reneged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.