Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) - Crime (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) (84550 Views)

Why We Killed 50 Victims, By Robbery Suspects (photo) / How We Killed The DSS Officials At Arepo - Agbara Robbery Leader / We Killed Futa’s Ex-vc In His Sleep – Domestic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
tpia@:

sometimes the truth has to be told.

if the girl had understood all this, she might have been more careful about her movements and who she associated with.

i still dont understand why no one knew her movements. maybe they had a cellphone jammer as well?

the ones that remain alive, are allowed to do so for a reason- namely their death is not yet needed.

and vice versa.

people [girls especially] do not understand the concept of slavery.

how slavery take enter this one?
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by EzeUche(m): 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
This is a very sad situation. The youngest child and only daughter of her father. People are very wicked.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Bobajo(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
I am floored at the fact that nobody could get the faces of these, these ... i am lost on what to label them - subhumans maybe. Something is not right now. They've probably been arrested for sometime, some moneys paid and all identification that would really expose them and their kins already taken off the social media and other sites they could be on.

I personally would like to see their faces and know their people. I will like to ask from them and their parents - even if rhetorically - how come they turned out these depraved.

We need to properly name and shame them. I am unsatisfied that they are not identifiable.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by honeric01(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Bobajo: I am floored at the fact that nobody could get the faces of these, these ... i am lost on what to label them - subhumans maybe. Something is not right now. They've probably been arrested for sometime, some moneys paid and all identification that would really expose them and their kins already taken off the social media and other sites they could be on.

I personally would like to see their faces and know their people. I will like to ask from them and their parents - even if rhetorically - how come they turned out these depraved.

We need to properly name and shame them. I am unsatisfied that they are not identifiable.

This can't be swept under the carpet, the father of the victim is a GENERAL in the Nigerian Army. so calm down.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Niseamaka(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
jerseyboy: [size=16pt]Who Raised These Animals?[/size]

Nigeria raised them. A country that celebrates criminality. A country that glorifies and promotes idiots with cash irrespective of how it was acquired.Recently, a close relation of mine was abducted and murdered after the abductors collected two million naira ransom from his family. Nigeria is a sick country where almost everyone even teenagers are willing to do almost anything nomatter how heinous so as to "hammer". I just came back from a four weeks holidays in Nigeria with my wife and kids. Inspite of having a very comfortable dwelling in my hometown, we were hiding from hotel to hotel for our safety and security. That country sucks. Everyone wants the shortest cut to wealth and prosperity and all short cuts to wealth and prosperity is riddled with acts of criminality.

5 Likes

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
Niseamaka:

Nigeria raised them. A country that celebrates criminality. A country that glorifies and promotes idiots with cash irrespective of how it was acquired.

Sad but very true
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
Niseamaka:

Nigeria raised them. A country that celebrates criminality. A country that glorifies and promotes idiots with cash irrespective of how it was acquired.Recently, a close relation of mine was abducted and murdered after the abductors collected two million naira ransom from his family. Nigeria is a sick country where almost everyone even teenagers are willing to do almost anything nomatter how heinous so as to "hammer". I just came back from a four weeks holidays in Nigeria with my wife and kids. Inspite of having a very comfortable dwelling in my hometown, we were hiding from hotel to hotel for our safety and security. That country sucks. Everyone wants the shortest cut to wealth and prosperity and all short cuts to wealth and prosperity is riddled with acts of criminality.

precisely - an aunt came from yankee and i told her she'd be better off in a hotel than in our house. who knows which animal in my neighbourhood would sic armed robbers onto us.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Wilsoncaleb(m): 8:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
na now Una dey regrate I trust army now ,lazy ass holes.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
yamakuza:

i still dont understand why no one knew her movements. maybe they had a cellphone jammer as well?

its not certain on one knew her movements.

you heard no one knew her movements. There's a difference.

obviously, the killers' friends are also these threads very closely. While trying to spread misinformation.

how slavery take enter this one?

abo oro la nso fomoluabi.

bro, na everything i suppose explain?
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by yamakuza: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
tpia@:

its not certain on one knew her movements.

you heard no one knew her movements. There's a difference.

obviously, the killers' friends are also these threads very closely. While trying to spread misinformation.

[s]i doubt they'll still have friends after this ...[/s]

abo oro la nso fomoluabi.

bro, na everything i suppose explain?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn ... nkan be e !
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Ivynwa(f): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
I am sorry for those boys, I am sure that if they allow her father to get hold of them that the Nigerian Judiciary system will be saved the stress of feeding them in jail etc. Useless boys that can't think of something good to do to make money and will rather form a racket duping rich women. Disgusting! and Disgrace!

ije12385: the fool that calls him/herself "Kensandrea" you are a disgrace to make such a stupid comment about a deceased person. you are empty as you can get. pray that non of your family member is in a situation far worse than this, since you are soo holy and never made any mistake in your life. Bottom line is nobody deserves to die, no matter what the Bleep was done. We all make mistakes and its unfortunate that a decision made by this young girl caused her her life. She does not deserve to die. What is wrong with the world these days, people supporting wrongful killing of people. To all of you that has made comments to support the death of this young girl, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You are the biggest disgrace to your country and your family. Shame on you all. Empty vessels. I challenge any of you to comment and disagree with me.

Girl I also came across such disgusting persons in another thread concerning the Cythia girl. I don't even want to bother reading such comments here. The internet has afforded many of us the opportunity to throw negative filthy things on people instead of building up others.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Otses(f): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
Too bad the extent some people can go all in the name of money. Most people don't value the human life again. Such a pity.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Goldieluks: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Desperate igbo boys can do anything for money. I hope they hang those two re..tarded bas.tards.
This is a lesson to many who go on to visit strangers they met online. Be careful!!!

2 Likes

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by noblegirl54yah(f): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
Corporate Thieves
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Daniel2289(m): 11:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
O! Tears in my eyes. Why are people so wicked. Killing your fellow sister because of money. What shall it profit a man if he gain the world and looses his soul in hell. My Condolences to Late Miss Cynthia's family.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Zobaen: 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
NA WAOO THOSE GUYS DESEVER DAETH.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by goldexchange: 1:06am On Aug 24, 2012
We nid Boko Haram in dz kind of situation, d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ shud bomb dz 2 Igbo boys... They don't deserve †Φ be killed by gunshots. They ought †Φ be bombed.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by gsalvatore: 1:23am On Aug 24, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Exactly my point just now. I mean this people should know that not every Nigerian is a dunce and lazy thinker!
@josh4ever...my broda u sharp,I commot headrest for u. If care is not taken those suspects na smokescreen, see as dem dey confess (real naija culprits no dey confess like dat)dey hide deir face (naija no dey hide dis kind ppl face)u go kno say somtin is cooking. Besides dat cyntia best friend no fit lie say she no sabi anytin abt doz guys. I pity some naija ppl(retards).see as police dey wash dem via national TV. And besides see as sem paint the girl like innocent saint..frm the look of tins dat girl na RUNS girl(I no mean say she deserve wat she got). She don looseguard..too bad. But seriously,naija police can wash the whole naija peep but definately not me.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Mikeoyee(m): 3:28am On Aug 24, 2012
[b][/b]Good one from the Nigeria Police.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Seerer(f): 5:29am On Aug 24, 2012
Cynthia,though I never met u before, but tears won't stop flowing my face over this unfortunate situation, u did not deserve any of the ill treatment given to u, u did not go to meet a sugar daddy, else u wld ve been judged! friendship among peers like this should be valued, adored & even lead to marriage if the devil had not transformed the hearts of some people to stone, then u wld be celebrated! Not considering the little risk u took here or there before announcing the wedding bells! But u are gone now! Painfully, simply because u underestimated the extent of man's wickedness to humanity. May God grant u peace @ His bossom. & for the living, this shd serve as a lesson, there are only a few good ones out there, watch closely!

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by bizybrain(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2012
Theey deserve junngle justice noo trial needed. That will bee waste of time.

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by james1(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2012
The killers have been caught,thanks to the Nigeria police:they should now get the full treatment for their crimes.
They hoped to find much cash on cynthia and perhaps became angry when they found less than they expected,that must have contributed to they beating her mercilessly cos a simple struggle would not have killed her.typical behavior of thieves.
You want to live your years?then meet strangers prepared,in a public place and never alone!
People with sinister plans always have a way of telling their potential victims to"come alone and don't tell anyone you are coming here"the warning signs are everywhere but some of us fail to take note and be cautious cos we have been swept off our feet by sweet talking!!
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by esummer: 7:13am On Aug 24, 2012
So what's the point taking them to court and being addressed as suspects; they're just going to waste judicial time. This requires slow death with pains inflicted...the he who kills by the gun syndrome... Another pretty girl is gone. Pity on the deceased, lesson to the living- Never get behind closed doors with friendly strangers.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 24, 2012
It is now becoming clear that these killers had probably employed the same MO on other women in the past.

Facebook murder: ‘I was a victim of Cynthia’s killers’

By Evelyn Usman
A model, yesterday, showed up at the headquarters of Lagos State Police Command in Ikeja, claiming she was a victim of the two undergraduates, who confessed to have killed Cynthia, the only daughter of Gen. Frank Osokogu(rtd), in a hotel located in Lake View Estate in Amuwo Odofin, Lagos.

The lady, whose identity could not be ascertained, arrived the Police Command at noon, demanding to speak only with the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Umar Manko.

She was directed to the CP’s waiting room before being ushered to the CP’s office, where she described herself as a model.

She reportedly told the CP that she was at the Command in respect of the suspects. She said the two undergraduates, Nwabufo Okwumo, and his cousin, Odera Ezekiel, were the same persons that dispossessed her of her belongings in a hotel in Festac.

However, Vanguard could not get a detailed account of her ordeal in the hands of the suspects, as the CP was said to have immediately directed her to the Area E Commander, Mr. Dan Okoro, who led the team of investigators that uncovered the suspects’ activities.

When contacted, the Command’s boss confirmed the visit, explaining that he directed her to the Commander so that she could physically identify the suspects. He called on other females, who had fallen victims to show up.

He said: “Other victims are advised to show up so that if there is any need to expand our investigation, we will do so.”

Meanwhile, when Vanguard, yesterday, visited hotel in Lake View Estate, where the post-graduate student of Nassarawa State University met her sudden end, no one could offer explanation.

Rather, a private security guard claimed that none of the managers was around, and referred the reporter to the Police.
Source
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 24, 2012
[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Cynthia_2_NEW_708384940.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
Murder suspect ‘pulled down from ceiling’
MURDER suspect Okomu Nwabufo’s arrest for the killing of Cynthia, Major-Gen Frank Osokugo’s daughter, was dramatic and eventful, The Nation learnt yesterday.

Nwabufo, 33, tried to escape through the ceiling when the police stormed his Festac Town, Lagos home, the officer who led the team seized him said.

Area “E” Commander Dan Okoro said: “Immediately he saw policemen, he went back into the house. When we heard noise, like the house zinc was being pulled, we climbed up to his apartment and noticed that he was trying to escape through the ceiling. Unfortunately for him, his legs broke the ceiling as he was trying to escape and I pulled him down.”

Mr. Okoro, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, said detectives were led to the suspected killers by an anonymous call to the hotel, asking that the body of the “bastard” be removed.
He said police investigators picked the number and went through the network’s call log.

Okoro said: “When we called the number that was more consistent, we discovered it was that of the girlfriend of one of the suspects (23-year-old Odera Ezekiel), the one in Anambra and we lured her to come to Lagos.
“Through her, we started communicating with the suspect who said he was in Cotonou and we went there but did not get him. She called again and he said he had left Cotonou for Awka in Anambra and we moved there and he was not in Awka.
“He later called his girlfriend to say he was in Nnewi and plain cloth policemen moved to the place with her. I told her to hug her boyfriend when she sees him so that we can use that sign to identify him and that was exactly what she did when the suspect came out from a joint within the neighbourhood where he was arrested.

“He was moved to Lagos and around midnight, I started interrogating him and we told him that the prime suspect, his uncle who he identified from the footage of the CCTV, had confessed that he was the person that killed Cynthia and that he said because he lied to him and did not give him all he collected from the deceased, he (the uncle) decided to open up.”

According to Okoro, the suspect opened up, telling investigators the entire story.
He also took them to the home of the prime suspect on Sixth Avenue, Festac Town.

Okoro said: “We got there around 3am and we were there until about 4:30am when the prime suspect came out to the balcony.
“Immediately he saw policemen, he went back into the house. When we heard noise, like the house zinc was being pulled, we climbed up to his apartment and noticed that he was trying to escape through the ceiling. Unfortunately for him, his legs broke the ceiling as he was trying to escape and I pulled him down.”

Cynthia, a post-graduate student of Nasarawa State University, Keffi, was allegedly killed by Okwuoma Nwabufo and his cousin, Ezekiel, on July 21.

The suspects had said that they were both accounting students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) and the Anambra State University.

However, Ezekiel’s claim has been dismissed by Mr. Festus Ntomchukwu, the Public Relations Officer of Anambra State University, Uli.

He told reporters in Awka: “Such a character cannot be a student of the institution.

“The school is still in session, and if truly the suspect is a student of the university, as he claimed, he will not be out in Lagos when the institution is seriously preparing for examinations.”

He argued that the School of Management Sciences to which the Accounting Department belongs, is holding an international conference, which every student is expected to attend.

“For such a character to have been away in Lagos when the school is preparing for examinations and members of his faculty preparing for a compulsory international conference, he should be disregard,” Ntomchukwu said.

The Distance Learning Institute (DLI) of University of Lagos yesterday refused to disclose whether Nwabufor, is a student of the institute as he claimed.

Nwabufor had told the Police he is a 300 Level student of Accounting in UNILAG’s DLI. The institute’s Director was not around, when The Nation sought to confirm this claim from DLI but officials at the institute’s secretary’s office requested for Nwabufor’s Matriculation Number.

“No student is known by name. We only deal with Matriculation numbers,” said a female official who later went in to ask from the institute’s secretary.

When she came out from the secretary’s office, she told our Reporter that “he [the secretary] does not want to be involved. He said the boy is not a student of DLI.”

The Nation’s further investigation showed that Nwabufor’s name is not on the register of 300L Accounting Students of DLI.

A class representative, who has the register of students from 100L to 300L told The Nation “the name does not exist on the register.”
[url=http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/news/58899-murder-suspect-%E2%80%98pulled-down-from-ceiling%E2%80%99.html/]Source[/url]
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Sayfat(m): 8:21am On Aug 24, 2012
It is pathetic and appalling. What a wickedness? The quest for quick riches and affluence has becloud the reasoning of many people.
The poor lady is lookn for a true friendship, but met her untimely death. I'm objected to pple dt are hurling and calln ds lady sort of names, she is not a slot or LovePeddler, but a gentle gal lyk others out dia, lookn for a responsible guy to hook up with n enjoy her God given period on ds planet, but d refer is d case. Can nose smell wickedness? No. The guy dt invited her to Lagos wud v disguised as a real man, an impeccable one for dt matter, but turn out to be a criminal.
If it is poverty dt pushed dse guys into criminality, dy v just squandered their opportunity to b out of it by killing ds innocent gal.
Real friendship wt her myt v change dia misfortune to fortune.
I must b quick to say, its not a bad idea to choose friends tru social network, but try to be calculative and sensitive. To ensure safety, invite d guy to ur domain, dnt go to him, most guys r devourer.
Justice must prevail on dse two rogues.
May God forgive Cynthia, n allow her to rest in his bossom.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:50am On Aug 24, 2012
I am very annoyed. This story appears to have affected me more than any other sadistic news.This was a calculated r.a.pe. I don't see how any body can pay to rob a person.

These animals came prepared as date ra.pist with tranquilizer and would dispose their victim of belongings to recover expenses.

In this case the victim retained consciousness and was savagely beaten with intent to knock her out but she never regained consciousness. Tranquilizer, beating and affixation would definitely cause death. She did not stand a chance against does odds.

Those animals and family need to pay for this big time. They should all die and their blood used to cleanse the land they have defiled. Then we consider wat to do to their village.

1 Like

Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 24, 2012
This is all so horrible. Nothing, nothing can lessen the pain i feel for this girl. RIP.
Bliss, I'd go with your line of thought too.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Herbiodun09: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
if the names of the suspects were abdul and yusuf, i would have been seeing interesting but annoying comments.....
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by tpia5: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
3 other victims were said to have come forward but no info on them yet. . . . . . . . . .

the heart of man is desperately wicked.
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Wisepac: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2012
Cant you go and open shop and be selling fufu than just to be robbing and killing innocent people
Re: How We Killed Cynthia Osukogu — Suspects (Pix) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
I imagine this crime as heinous as it is, is very common in Nigeria.

This case only gained publicity because the victim was the daughter of a prominent person who had the money and willingness to order an investigation.

How many other silent victims go unreported.

I weep for my country sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Police Shoot 19-Year-Old Boy For Impregnating A 17-Year-Old Girl In Rivers State / Clement Asuquo Caught Celestine Umeh In Bed With His Wife, Gets Framed Up - SR / UK Police Officers Had Sex With Women While On Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.