Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) (19001 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Recently 'purchased' RRS Helicopter 5N-LAG Is Owned By LASG Since 2009!!! / Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by donfidel(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2012
I heard that this reconstruction will only stop at century busstop instead of stretching all the way down to Ago bridge to link up with the other dual carriage way earlier reconstructed by CCECC? Can anyone in the know confirm this? Because i noticed that no house/structure was demolished right from century busstop downwards.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by smithboela(m): 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
At last my area benefitted from tax payers money. Thanks fashola baba eko oni baje
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Vergil: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
Hmm....
This sure has been needed for a long time. Good something is happening.

What you don't see in the pictures is the corruption that has affected the road, "majorly".

A road that's meant to be as wide as the Amuwo-Odofin connection, is soo narrow in comparison to the round about end (which leads to Cele, Isolo etc) and the Amuwo-Odofin road.

If the width was maintained throughout the length of the road....ooh my...it would have been beautiful.

But NO!
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by specco(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
I noticed dat d sidewalk for pedesterians is not elevated. It is of d same level wth d road surface. I thnk this will endanger pedesterians lives. The normal practice is to make sidewalks higher than d road surface for some reasons (1)safety (2) to prevent cars from parking on d sidewalk.

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by omosexy1: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
Before you guys get excited, please note that the picture do not reveal the true nature of that road. The work construction is so slow. Nothing has been done from Century busstop to Festac link road. The Chinese contractors are just so lazy to complete the road. I used the road during the weekend to navigate to surulere and I regretted it. Please when people want to throw hype make it true and fair. I believe it would take another 2 years to complete given the number of law-suits from building owners who don't want their houses to be demolished
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by donugapi(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
wise_many2k: My beloved ago jagajaga road! 1ce upon a time, I paid 50kobo from century to isolo. But I'm afraid dis road will not last. I witnessed d construction of d ago bridge to apple junction & Festac link bridge to oshodi-mile2 highway & there's a huge difference in the Manner of approach in fixing dis ago road. Unlike the former road mentioned where d whole earth was scrapped out & relaid, d construction guys are just pouring sand on d existing road. D right of way (distance btw drainage channels on both sides of d roads) is inconsistent cos some houses are deemed untouchable cos dey are can chieftains. I won't clap 4 dem yet until 2yrs after construction.

You're very wrong oga.. The road was scraped to and new layers filled before the interlocking stones were placed. I live there, pass the road everyday and witnessed the construction from start till present status..

But having said that, they;re very inconsistent with the locations of the drainage and the way they've skipped some houses has made the construction confusing sef

The construction is so bloody slow..

What is their deadline, and what are their targets?
Who knows
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by lagbaja(m): 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
The new
specco: I noticed dat d sidewalk for pedesterians is not elevated. It is of d same level wth d road surface. I thnk this will endanger pedesterians lives. The normal practice is to make sidewalks higher than d road surface for some reasons (1)safety (2) to prevent cars from parking on d sidewalk.

In a bid to maximize space particularly on narrow roads that carries a lot of traffic, The new model of road construction in lagos makes the covered drainages to be at the same level with the road and thereby made usable by vehicles (as seen in the pictures). the sidewalks comes behind the drainanges. e.g bode thomas
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by lukkie(m): 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
PapaBrowne: Why is Lagos always using interlocking stones to build roads? Is there scarcity of bitumen in the state??

It's much cheaper than asphalt roads.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by akintun: 9:32pm On Aug 23, 2012
Dat place is a Nightmare.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Tiana155(f): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
I reside at Ago, the road construction is very slow, sometimes its as if they have stopped working have you ever drive there when its raining? and it a big shame especially AP opposite parkview estate, i can boldly say that there is no single good road in okota/Ago.
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by yomz1e(m): 7:52am On Aug 24, 2012
Dear Excellency,

Thank you for all your good works on Lagos roads, please your Excellency can you help reduce the traffic from Iyana isolo and Cele to Ikotun most especially at the junction where the canal is (pako bus stop).Also ban street traders at Ikotun market.The road is small already and the market traders are not making it easy for us to get home after a hard days work. if you coming back into Ikotun after 4.30pm its a nightmare. sometimes you can spend 5 hours in the traffic jam and this is a regular occurrence. Thank you for your gigantic effort in improving Lagos.

Eko o ni baje
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by kim77: 10:46am On Aug 24, 2012
Lovely, i appreciate your effort. This is an example of what we should be doing, monitoring the progress of Projects in our area ( Local , state and federal projects) using the power of tecnology, with it we can keep the contractors and government on their toes, gradully together we will reduce the number of abandoned , low quality and fictious projects in our country. Rather than castigating, derogating and dividing ourselves along religion and ethnic line.

Poster..Thumb Up!

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by staaari: 11:09am On Aug 24, 2012
@740megawatts.

Good work. Thanks!!!
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by amaechijay: 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
Aaaah! Great! Na my area be this when I come Lagos. Have they gotten to ManCity Bus-stop?
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by stpat1(m): 1:53am On Aug 25, 2012
ACN is working
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by Swaggzkid: 9:08am On Aug 26, 2012
thats my area ooo..
As Da Road is Unda-construction, The hold-up nd Go-slow Isnt a little thing!
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by moneyes: 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Almost 1 year after, this same road hasn't been completed; causing untold hardship fø̲̣̣я̅ locals while the other ½ from century †̥ festac bridge į§ totally horrible. These hailings ☀ƒ LASG/cohorts...seems y'all counted the chickens b4 they W̶̲̥̅̊εяε hatched!!!
Re: Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) by geeez: 2:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: Why is Lagos always using interlocking stones to build roads? Is there scarcity of bitumen in the state??

The type of substructure or soil and environmental conditions in an area will determine the type of pavement for the roads

For areas prone to flooding, interlocking will be great. They are also very easy to maintain as they can easily be removed at replaced

They are not necessarily cheaper but definitely easier to maintain

Eko o ni baje

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Rep, Nwulu Defects To UPP / Christian Iweka & Faith Obasuy Dump PDP / 2023: Disunity In South-West May Truncate Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.