Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

What's So Special About Male Children? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's So Special About Male Children? (18335 Views)

What's So Special Wearing Native On Fridays? / What Is So Special About D Gizzard Of The Chicken In Igbo Land. / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2012
You people should stop acting or trying to make yourself feel. The truth of the whole issue is that male child is preferred simple, not because they are superior but to continue with family lineage. It's as easy as that in all culture.

I'm sorry if you have no male child, but don't try to play down the importance just to justify your misfortune. It's your type that messed up the society due to your own selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by dasparrow: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
bright007:
You have forgotten that å man goes out of his family to marry å woman from another and å woman is married out of her family into his husband family.
What becomes of the only daughters of the rich men u mentioned above when they die and their daughters gets married?Do u expect them to be the head of their family because of inherited riches?
You seem to have forgotten that when å man marries å woman and pays her bride price,she becomes his property.He owns d woman and everything that belongs to her.

You Nigerian women are your own worst enemies. No wonder many of your men punch and beat the crap out of you people with the type of mentality you exhibit in this post of yours. So in Nigeria, because a man married and paid a woman's bride price, she becomes his property? So there are still Nigerian women who think like you in 2012? Anyways, you are a product of your Nigerian society and environment. Who am I to object to your sick and demented way of reasoning if that is all you have been taught by your parents and the chuvinist Nigerian society you were brought up.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
korrej: I jst wan ask question o. Imagine say U marry and no born. U kan make up ur mind say U wan adopt. Which gender U go adopt? Bet me even the ones shouting here, will be the ones to go for the male gender.

Male ofcourse.... Who does not need a voltron at home... Have u heard of Ben10?

anonymous6:

You are right with the first part but about the male staying in the home, well when it comes to surname it is true but staying literally remembering about their own family and etc, well it is the reverse. It is females that tend to remember their parents and take care of their needs 24/7, the males once their are with a woman forget about their own family and pay attention to their wife, it is the wife that takes it upon themselves to remind their husbands of taking care of their own husbands family. I have seen many examples of that, I am not saying all men are like that but some are.

Please, who is responsible for men Forgetting their family? is it not the female. who cries more when their is no Male child ate home? women...

htajz: the reason can be seen on this thread , we loose our daughters when they marry to her husbands family (even if she keeps participating in her fathers family affairs, her children wont neither will her grand children cus they have a role to play in their own fathers house)also women are just too emotional and sensitive to handle certain things.

Spotted, simply put it, the man inherit whatever a woman brought to his home, the children, her family name, and generations to come... women are needed to keep the standard, cos its like describling a production line, the machinery is needed for the Brand to continue... sorry for the analogy but that is the truth... For this world to continue, we need female while the male is needed for production and management of asset.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by otodeluxe(m): 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
Is only God that gives children

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nightshift(m): 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
Male child is very special in weak cultures , and Nigerian cultures are very weak.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
dasparrow:

You Nigerian women are your own worst enemies. No wonder many of your men punch and beat the crap out of you people with the type of mentality you exhibit in this post of yours. So in Nigeria, because a man married and paid a woman's bride price, she becomes his property? So there are still Nigerian women who think like you in 2012? Anyways, you are a product of your Nigerian society and environment. Who am I to object to your sick and demented way of reasoning if that is all you have been taught by your parents and the chuvinist Nigerian society you were brought up.

And what make you right either, so because you have your own idiology, others are stupid about theirs. So what makes your own superior? Every society has a norm to which they conform to, if Your western life style is ok for you, why do you have to castigate others view... And am sure you have a Nigerian linage; so you call ur ancestors Chuvinist? ok, continue your so called superior ideology and let see how far you can go.

Am not here to counter your view, but let be civil enough to respect others opinion and ideology; at least western civilization which you uphold says that.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
donedy: You people should stop acting or trying to make yourself feel. The truth of the whole issue is that male child is preferred simple, not because they are superior but to continue with family lineage. It's as easy as that in all culture.

I'm sorry if you have no male child, but don't try to play down the importance just to justify your misfortune. It's your type that messed up the society due to your own selfish reasons.

Thank you.

Look at the poster and the Thread title: What so special about Male Children: May be they should ask God why all his Prophets are Male?
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by OgeneDom(m): 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
if u say male issue is not important, make a wish to that. If u want it or nt, male if important irrespective of ur culture. I pray God to bless us al with a male child. Shikina
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by OgeneDom(m): 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
if u say male issue is not important, make a wish to that. If u want it or nt, male is important irrespective of ur culture. I pray God to bless us al with a male child. Shikina
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ogene Dom: if u say male issue is not important, make a wish to that. If u want it or nt, male is important irrespective of ur culture. I pray God to bless us al with a male child. Shikina

Don't mind them, we call them Male Haterzzz
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
*solid*:

saw this smwhere too, can u substantiate the veracity of this assertion?
*waiting*

I'm not asserting this is always true oh! But i have a friend who said this worked for him. Maybe there is a correlation between position/angle of penetration and the sex of the fertilized eggs. grin. You should maybe give it a try and see.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
http:
Please, who is responsible for men Forgetting their family? is it not the female. who cries more when their is no Male child ate home? women...

Excuse you but men are more responsible for asking for male children then females, so don't blame it only on females. Throughout history men have always pressured women for male children so don't preach that to me(if it wasn't for science men will still be blaming women for determining the sex of a child). Men chose to forget their families, and most of the time women have no part of it
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
engineerd:

I'm not asserting this is always true oh! But i have a friend who said this worked for him. Maybe there is a correlation between position/angle of penetration and the sex of the fertilized eggs. grin. You should maybe give it a try and see.
I guess is true, cos am expecting a girl now and i could remember, it was the missionary that i was doing all those period; but for my son, i was literary a dog, canine day and night, seriously i guess is 90% true.

It because of my wife noise that i resign to missionary.. grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Jephyard(m): 7:54pm On Aug 24, 2012
both male and female are good but male come first and the other later. It a natural setting abeg make una no scatter am before we go make law upon law to live with such setting to suite both male and female alike ask the wester world weti them they pass thru because of change of natural settings. No matter how female good reach in everything, male will always be preferred. And for wisdom male r wiser n female just wise shaa
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
Jephyard: both male and female are good but male come first and the other later. It a natural setting abeg make una no scatter am before we go make law upon law to live with such setting to suite both male and female alike ask the wester world weti them they pass thru because of change of natural settings. No matter how female good reach in everything, male will always be preferred. And for wisdom male r wiser n female just wise shaa

Laughing my butt away.. at the Law thingy.. grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MacLovington(m): 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2012
I can see women are all looking at it from one perspective.

How many of you married African women bear your father's name?

My dad was a single son. All his sisters took their husband's name. I am also a single son and my married sisters have also taken their husband's names. With time, only I and my male child/ren will bear our family name.

If not for my dad, the hereditary titles in my family for centuries would have gone extinct. As far as most women are concerned, anything not western is not worth preserving.

Many British earls and ducal families are now extinct for lack of male heirs.

Of course women do not bear the burden of family heritage, so they can marry and go away and not give a danm about their birth family.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
MacLovington: I can see women are all looking at it from one perspective.

My dad was a single son. All his sisters took their husband's name. I am also a single son and my married sisters have also taken their husband's names. With time, only I and my male child/ren will bear our family name.

If not for my dad, the hereditary titles in my family for centuries would have gone extinct. As far as most women are concerned, anything not western is not worth preserving.

Of course women do not bear the burden of family heritage, so they can marry and go away and not give a danm about their birth family.

Oversubscribe on the Bolded part... western colonialism at its best..
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by dasparrow: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nightshift: Male child is very special in weak cultures , and Nigerian cultures are very weak.

Most Nigerian cultures are not only weak but daft

@Post

There is nothing particularly special about a male child. The thing is, in patriarch societies like Nigeria, male children are preferred because they carry on the family name. Nigerian women are only wishing for male children because they know their marraige will sadly hit the rocks if they don't birth a male child due to the chuvinist Nigerian culture and society they have found themselves in. Even though men biologically determine the gender of a child, in chuvinist countries like Nigeria, the women are blamed if they keep birthing females.

I just think the whole idea of seeing male kids as more special than female kids is stupid. Especially considering the fact that many Nigerian males get themselves in trouble abroad and either get locked away in south africa or eastern europe somewhere or executed in far away asia before they can even get the chance to marry and bear children. Other times, their lives get cut short by the numerous accidents that occur on Nigerian roads each day or their lives get cut short when they get killed by cultists, kidnappers and ritualists.

So what are we talking about here? Look at all the male street urchins otherwise known as agboros that are all over Nigeria. Many are unemployed and are doing nothing productive with their lives other than being a nuisance to society and the world at large. I will rather have 2 responsible females than have 2 irresponsible males that tomorrow will grow up and bring shame and disgrace to my family like the male killers of cynthia osukogu have done to their families. I will rather have 2 responsible females than have males that will grow up and begin r[b]a[/b]ping female children or become militants, ritualists, armed robbers, corrupt politicians and what have you.

Lastly, here in the advanced western world, black males are generally speaking at the bottom of the barrel. Advanced Oyibo countries will still choose a black female over a black male because often times, whitey sees black men as a threat and criminally minded (even though their assertion is false). And nobody should mention barack obama because obama is biracial and not a full black man. Just give God thanks for whatever He gives you because a healthy girl child who grows up to become a president (like in Liberia), a minister (like in Jamaica), a secretary of state (like in USA) is still worth much more than a male child who grows up in Nigeria and starts drug trafficking internationally and meets his waterloo in asia somewhere or get's killed by cultists while attending university in Nigeria or get's locked up in south Africa for armed robbery (like Ekene chukwu).
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
MacLovington: I can see women are all looking at it from one perspective.

What a joke, isn't it African women the ones preserving the african cultures, who trains the children when the first enter the world? mother, who is the first person who lets them know & trains them who they are culturally? the mother

Go and sing that tune to your mothers and see what they will say in your face

If it wasn't for African women, most african cultures would have been extinct long time ago.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
dasparrow:

Most Nigerian cultures are not only weak but daft

@Post

There is nothing particularly special about a male child. The thing is, in patriarch societies like Nigeria, male children are preferred because they carry on the family name. Nigerian women are only wishing for male children because they know their marraige will sadly hit the rocks if they don't birth a male child due to the chuvinist Nigerian culture and society they have found themselves in. Even though men biologically determine the gender of a child, in chuvinist countries like Nigeria, the women are blamed if they keep birthing females.

I just think the whole idea of seeing male kids as more special than female kids is stupid. Especially considering the fact that many Nigerian males get themselves in trouble abroad and either get locked away in south africa or eastern europe somewhere or executed in far away asia before they can even get the chance to marry and bear children. Other times, their lives get cut short by the numerous accidents that occur on Nigerian roads each day or their lives get cut short when they get killed by cultists, kidnappers and ritualists.

So what are we talking about here? Look at all the male street urchins otherwise known as agboros that are all over Nigeria. Many are unemployed and are doing nothing productive with their lives other than being a nuisance to society and the world at large. I will rather have 2 responsible females than have 2 irresponsible males that tomorrow will grow up and bring shame and disgrace to my family like the male killers of cynthia osukogu have done to their families. I will rather have 2 responsible females than have males that will grow up and begin r[b]a[/b]ping female children or become militants, ritualists, armed robbers, corrupt politicians and what have you.

Lastly, here in the advanced western world, black males are generally speaking at the bottom of the barrel. Advanced Oyibo countries will still choose a black female over a black male because often times, whitey sees black men as a threat and criminally minded (even though their assertion is false). And nobody should mention barack obama because obama is biracial and not a full black man. Just give God thanks for whatever He gives you because a healthy girl child who grows up to become a president (like in Liberia), a minister (like in Jamaica), a secretary of state (like in USA) is still worth much more than a male child who grows up in Nigeria and starts drug trafficking internationally and meets his waterloo in asia somewhere or get's killed by cultists while attending university in Nigeria or get's locked up in south Africa for armed robbery (like Ekene chukwu).

And you think you make sense with this post? What is advance abour your western culture, i guess you are one of the puppet of FOX news, CNN, BBC,ABC, MSNBC and those propaganda tools for brainwash blacks...

Do you know you are making racial comment with this your post, so some people are criminal cos they are black? and because we have different orientations, that makes ours backward....

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
mimi321: my sister same happens where i am , i know a woman that has 6 beautiful daughters but want a boy badly

this same reason is why i don't want to marry a Nigerian man

Sounds like you know you are gonna lack a boy.....silly post. undecided undecided
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MacLovington(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2012
anonymous6:

What a joke, isn't it African women the ones preserving the african cultures, who trains the children when the first enter the world? mother, who is the first person who lets them know & trains them who they are culturally? the mother

Go and sing that tune to your mothers and see what they will say in your face

If it wasn't for African women, most african cultures would have been extinct long time ago.

Women used to be. But many of our young women theses days loath everything African. They claim it's primitive and oppressive. Instead of looking within and looking at ways to improve, we want to do copy and paste.

In India and China, many families now use Ultrasound to check sex and many terminate if it's a girl. Many abandon baby girls in China. It doesn't happen in Nigeria. Not saying we should copy the worst.

Years back, I thought there was no need for male kids. But now, I see that my married sisters are not really that willing to share responsibilities that tradition dictates. Things like attending funerals and sundry. I have to push them from my base in diaspora. They don't even know how we relate to many people even though dad was laways telling us growing up.
They are now a part of another family. Simples.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MacLovington(m): 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2012
http:

And you think you make sense with this post? What is advance abour your western culture, i guess you are one of the puppet of FOX news, CNN, BBC,ABC, MSNBC and those propaganda tools for brainwash blacks...

Do you know you are making racial comment with this your post, so some people are criminal cos they are black? and because we have different orientations, that makes ours backward....

Why do you bother replying a thoroughly brainwashed person like that.

The westerners know that the best way to conquer and subjugate any people is to emasculate their men and put women in charge. That's what happened to blacks during slavery. It still blights AAs and Caribbeans today. Boys growing up without good male role models. So it goes on like that from generation to generation. They throw the crumbs from table at black women in terms of opportunities and black women start feeling they are better than black men.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2012
MacLovington: .

Women used to be. But many of our young women theses days loath everything African. They claim it's primitive and oppressive. Instead of looking within and looking at ways to improve, we want to do copy and paste.

In India and China, many families now use Ultrasound to check sex and many terminate if it's a girl. Many abandon baby girls in China. It doesn't happen in Nigeria. Not saying we should copy the worst.

Years back, I thought there was no need for male kids. But now, I see that my married sisters are not really that willing to share responsibilities that tradition dictates. Things like attending funerals and sundry. I have to push them from my base in diaspora. They don't even know how we relate to many people even though dad was laways telling us growing up.
They are now a part of another family. Simples.

Actually I have seen a equal amount of Nigerian women and men pretend to be anything but african/nigerian but I have seen many that have done the reverse.

Thank God Nigeria is not like China and India, it shows Nigeria has a heart at least

When it comes to your sisters, well I feel it is not the majority because my siblings don't act that way, and other Nigerian females I have bumped into and my parents raised men and my siblings with the culture growing up as well, born and raised in America.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2012

The westerners know that the best way to conquer and subjugate any people is to emasculate their men and put women in charge. That's what happened to blacks during slavery. It still blights AAs and Caribbeans today. Boys growing up without good male role models. So it goes on like that from generation to generation. They throw the crumbs from table at black women in terms of opportunities and black women start feeling they are better than black men.

I thoight i was the only one that sees that trash of a post; calling ur culture Chuvinist, just imagine what kind of generation we will have by the end of our own time; i weep for Africa.

everyone both Male and Female has a role to play but when you want to swap role, then you get what we are experiencing today. I leave in the west and i know i can't raise my family here only, they will take part of my Africa Heritage.

It won't surprise you that these so called western black superior wannabes will grow old to be abandoned in Nursing home in the west when their children sees them as work load, keep them for the home to take care of, when they never instilled the African culture of taking care of parent when old.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by CeaserB: 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2012
You Gals Are Still Crying Over Spilled Milk!? grin
See The Question Sef: What's So Special About Male Children?
Are you saying God made a mistake giving Man the authority to rule the earth?
God Blessed Man With Authority (Dominion) Over Every
And You Are Still Blaming God Why He Made Man So Special?

Who Are You To Question God's Authority?
Who God Has Blessed Let No Man Curse.
A Man Is The Head Of The Home
All Staunch Feminists Can/Will Go To Hell If They Keep Ranting About The Equality Of Man and Woman

Man's Superiority Is Not Just About Marriage Alone.
Man's Superiority Encompasses All Things Since The Beginning Of Time.
Who Rules The World? Men
Who Were The Greatest Philosophers? Men
Who Are The Strongest Physically? Men
Who Are The Greatest Scientists? Men
Who Are The Most Inventors? Men
Few and few are still women (even when population of women are more, men still surpasses them)
...In all sphere of life Men dominates Women even sexually. A woman's sexual prowess is only limited.
Many Men at the age of 70 can still impregnate a woman.
But can a woman of 70 give birth naturally? No.
Women were made for companionship. Men are core idealogists. If Not for men, life would still have been in the stone age. The best a woman can do is support our ideas.

Nevertheless we (men) owe our women Love, Care and Respect. Everyone is entitled to be treated with that.

...On a last Note,
[size=21pt]"ANY WOMAN WHO FEELS SHE EQUAL TO MAN CAN GO AHEAD AND DO AS JOB's WIFE SAID 'CURSE GOD AND DIE!"[/size]

A Message To Ye Daughters Of Jezebel. angry
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by greatgod2012(f): 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2012
nothing really and d earlier our men realise dt, d better for them.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nightshift(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2012

Development to me means equal rights to our women , and opportunity to aspire to become successful in life like men. Or are you better off in a Saudi setting ?
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by ivili(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2012
those who are speaking against it do not have a clue what a male child signifies to a community.my father had three girls and me a boy,the three girls are married and now a member of thier husbands community so also thier children,i am the one representing my fathers lineage in my community and yes represent means we pay to community purse to cater for others in the community.so for those of you that are individualist and not a member of a group withing your tribe should reserve comment.IT TAKES A MAN TO BUOLD A COMMUNITY,NO WERE IN THE WORLD WAS A NATION BUILT BY WOMEN.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by GHANAOGA: 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
Is this even worth debating?Males have been the backbone of many families for several generations now.
Case in point,my maternal grandmother has 5 children(all female),they all married and doing well in their "new adopted" families.
However,it was us, her grandsons, that finally contributed in building the only house she leaves in right now.

Having said that, I wish for both male and female kids cool cool cool.
When my mum traveled outside the country,,my elder sis "held the kitchen down" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2012
ivili: those who are speaking against it do not have a clue what a male child signifies to a community.my father had three girls and me a boy,the three girls are married and now a member of thier husbands community so also thier children,i am the one representing my fathers lineage in my community and yes represent means we pay to community purse to cater for others in the community.so for those of you that are individualist and not a member of a group withing your tribe should reserve comment.IT TAKES A MAN TO BUOLD A COMMUNITY,NO WERE IN THE WORLD WAS A NATION BUILT BY WOMEN.

It takes both men and women to build a nation

Abraham is the paternal father of the Jews and Arabs communities/nations today but it wouldn't have happened without his wife Sarah and the Egyptian maid
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by dayokanu(m): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2012
Even in Christianity and major religions God is Male

Our Lords prayer states

"our FATHER. who art in heaven"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Afro-brazilian (saro) Descendants Of Lagos State - Our History / What Is The History Behind The Gorgeous [edo] Bini's Hair Beads? / Photos From 2017 Aba Festival Igara, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.