Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,919 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

What's So Special About Male Children? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's So Special About Male Children? (18337 Views)

What's So Special Wearing Native On Fridays? / What Is So Special About D Gizzard Of The Chicken In Igbo Land. / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
anonymous6:

You have a point, lol; many men in the western world for some reason don't mind it, they are a minority of course, sometimes I have noticed these women control their husbands to, not all but a few do. I guess there will always be men for those type of women

LOOOL. . . there's a soulmate for everyone out there grin
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MrsChima(f): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2012
Lmao @ this thread went from why boys are special to why the women chooses their names.

Welcome to Yaba Left Newbies!!!
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

LOOOL. . . there's a soulmate for everyone out there grin

True, lol
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by ZeusI: 2:36pm On Aug 26, 2012
seedord247: Ask igbo pple. sad
One of those who feels no better when tribal altercation/war is skiped.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by ZeusI: 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
slimyem: shut tha fcck up!
You are so dumb you didn't notice those comments were made over 24hrs ago..
Id1ot!
There is no iota of manners left in you. You think because you have thumbs; you can print and send anything you want? Show some respect.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by kabirv: 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2012
Boys play better football
They are not afraid of spiders
Boys don't cry so much
And no menses and stuff like that
Can't name all the reasons I like to have a male kid more than a female
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2012
kabirv: Boys play better football
Boys don't cry so much

lol
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Mirinda2: 5:52pm On Aug 26, 2012
afam4eva:
I disagree with the bolded.
dats total bullshit
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by odumchi: 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2012

Tell that to the Super Eagles and to America's female football team. grin

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MrsChima1(f): 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2012
Didn't the Nigerian Male basketball team get crushed like a tarnished baby? grin grin grin grin

Obviously it is not true that all boys can play!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 26, 2012
Read d first page and I knew I wasn't ready to get hurt further

These people are from my generation ooooo except some old "cargoes" sha......

Tufiakwa!! At this age and stage, some ppl still think like this.......It's sad! Extremely sad!
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 26, 2012
Women,you are our daughters,wives and mothers. You know the truth,why beat around the bush. Every man want a male child,any man who told you otherwise is deceiving you. Some women as well favour Male child,mostly in Royal Family. Men,don't marry a second wife or throw ur wives away cos of issues like this,all we need to do is love them more,rock them more,''handle them more',treat them right, and our mind and soul will work together and the wanted male child will come and be a blessing to both father and mother. That's all. No more argument.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 27, 2012
I like baby girls over baby boys! girls have more fun stuff, I hope someday I will have girls! Girly clothes, bailarina/gynastic school,... grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 27, 2012
People decieve themselves dat itz nt important....luk @ d diffrence...in d western world most females dnt take dia husbands surename.....but in africa,all women do......i won't want my surename to become history 4 sure......that does nt mean u send ur wife packing,..as christians u accept ur faith bt dat does nt mean u ar happy.....all these unmarried people and maybe married but with male childrn commenting hia ar nt real....luk 4 a man in dt situatn n ask if he z a happy man....eish
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by slimyem: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2012
Zeus I: There is no iota of manners left in you. You think because you have thumbs; you can print and send anything you want? Show some respect.
Apparently you do not know/see what i responded to...if not you wouldn't type the above nonsense!
Save your bullshit opinion of me or shove it down your throat!!
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
slimyem: people with their brains intact should know that there's nothing in a name/surname other than a defining identity...
So that lineage continuity thing is a moronic mentality...
Some male children these days even drop their surname altogether and pick a fresh surname for themselves....
That male child nonsense is so two thousand and late!!!

Really? wow.

so how come your fellow dolts refuse to drop their fathers name when they get married? since its a "moronic" mentality

im pretty sure if at all you are married, you are doing the same.

besides how many obamas, clintons, obasanjos and dangotes drop their fathers name, male or female?

just because the loosers you know are too eager to drop their nobody from nowhere names to start afresh don't mean nada.

your post would actually make sense if you women folk did not validate the cycle continually!!
Just typical i guess, you cry the loudest, yet commit the hardest.

whether the male child thingy is no longer valid or not is purely subjective, but people here have given you a variety of reasons which include the name and lineage, if you think thats moronic, then show us examples of how ditching your family name works better?

is it not in a bid to validate that same thinking that you "modern" day women refuse to give up your father's name?

If your family name no worth 20 Naira i can see how it will not make any sense to you. ditto if you have no pride in your family name too.

If you dont like it, grow a dick and problem is solved

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by sugardaddy1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MacLovington(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2012
Nightshift: You seem to be terrified by educated and successful black women. Insecure men feel that way always !

What's successful about a receptionist or bank teller on £19k a year? I have female colleagues of all races on up to £110k annually.

Many of those black women come from a culture where it is common for their men have babies with many ladies everywhere (and many of their men not working/educated) and they think every black man is like that.

Are you one of those arrogant black women with terrible attitude and bad manners who think the whole world is against them?

I only feel embarassed to see the way some behave themselves.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Aug 28, 2012
anonymous6:

Not to much though, most women carry their husbands names after marriage; But I have been seeing women do compound names where they will combine their maiden name with their husbands last name, examples I can think of Hillary Rodam Clinton, Jada Pinkett Smith, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, and etc

And would their children bear these compound names too

E.g Chelsea Clinton was she known by the Rodham name?
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2012
dayokanu:

And would their children bear these compound names too

E.g Chelsea Clinton was she known by the Rodham name?

well I guess it is up to those kids but in all cases NO, I never seen the kids bear the compound names of their mothers(maiden and husbands last name), but there are cases where kids from mothers, who never took these kids fathers last name(so NO Compound name), pass on their last name with the fathers last name which results in the children having compound names, only in the western world.

When it comes to Chelsea Clinton she took her father's last name and wasn't known by the Roddam name, which I feel would have been crazy if she did but I am talking about the wives, not what the kids will bear which is almost always the fathers last name unless it is the case which I said earlier(where the mother refused the surname of the father in the first place).
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by dayokanu(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2012
anonymous6: well I guess it is up to those kids but in all cases NO, I never seen the kids bear the compound names of their mothers(maiden and husbands last name), but there are cases where kids from mothers, who never took the fathers last name(so NO Compound name), pass on their last name with the fathers last name which results in the children having compound names, only in the western world.

When it comes to Chelsea Clinton she took her father's last name and wasn't known by the Roddam name, which I feel would have been crazy if she did but I am talking about the wives, not what the kids will bear which is almost always the fathers last name unless it is the case which I said earlier(where the mother refused the surname of the father in the first place).

So that means the Rodham family name would have died also (if Hilary was the only child) which validates the assertion of names dying with female kids
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2012
dayokanu:

So that means the Rodham family name would have died also (if Hilary was the only child) which validates the assertion of names dying with female kids

yeah, but I never argued about that surname issue, it is inevitable, but from what I heard Hillary has brothers, so that rodham name will continue. However if Hillary had rejected her husbands(bill Clinton) last name and retained hers(just Hillary Rodham), and she had a boy and decided to use her Rodham last name with Bill Clintons last name, and combine it into a compound name for her children, Chelsea could have had the Rodham-Clinton last name and if she had a brother that Rodham-Clinton last name would have went down some generations.

My argument is the surname issue shouldn't be the reason why males are valued over females in the first place though, the question is should it matter?
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2012
What if Chelsea does not have brother? Is Chelsea not going to get married? If she does,what if her husband does not like all those complicated and twisted names? And if Chelsea has a brother,won't they ask why they have to bear their mother's father family name alongside their own father's name? Please,don't let us deceive ourselves, white is white....trying to make it black is scam. If you don't have a male child as a man or woman,that does not mean you should contest the natural role of male children of keeping the family name.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2012
Tesiday: What if Chelsea does not have brother? Is Chelsea not going to get married? If she does,what if her husband does not like all those complicated and twisted names? And if Chelsea has a brother,won't they ask why they have to bear their mother's father family name alongside their own father's name? Please,don't let us deceive ourselves, white is white....trying to make it black is scam. If you don't have a male child as a man or woman,that does not mean you should contest the natural role of male children of keeping the family name.

Well some women in the western world are contesting that surname role, and trying to do it themselves, To me as I said before I don't care, when married I will have the last name of my husband; compound names to me complicate things but to a few women out there they think differently which is their issue.. The point I am saying is should it be the reason why males are treated of value over females? and that answer is NO. You and me are talking about two different things
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by grandlexuz(m): 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
Boys don't cry so much

Hahahahahahahahahahhahh... You nailed it somehow. Me think this should not even be a contestable topic. Like it or not a boy child is a preference in many cultures. In places like China with a one child policy abortion is often the solution once most women realise they going to give birth to a girl. In almost every Religion the boy child is often valued over the girl. The last time I checked we have got GOD THE FATHER, SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. I never heard of GOD THE MOTHER, DAUGHTER AND HOLY SPIRIT..lol Me think if Jesus was a girl the price of our salvation would have been derailed. She would have ran off with a man...lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Afro-brazilian (saro) Descendants Of Lagos State - Our History / What Is The History Behind The Gorgeous [edo] Bini's Hair Beads? / Photos From 2017 Aba Festival Igara, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.