Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

What's So Special About Male Children? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's So Special About Male Children? (18306 Views)

What's So Special Wearing Native On Fridays? / What Is So Special About D Gizzard Of The Chicken In Igbo Land. / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Agiliti(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2012

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by mkpologwu(m): 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2012
only a fool would say it doesnt matter. really it doesnt matter but i'd prefer a male child anytime anyday! who doesnt know or pretend not to know that over 90% of women are problems and liability to human race, even among themselves! worst are d so called working class. bunch of pretenders and jackals!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by hagma37yahoocom: 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
[quote author=ifihearam]I was in a place with this woman who has four lovely daughters from our conversation I observed she wasn't done with birthing,so I asked if she was still ready for yet another child her response was rather astonishing "if I nor born boy pikin dem fit drive me comot for my husband house ooo"curiousity and shock seized my tongue for a couple of seconds.
We discussed further and other women there shared their experiences in the hands of nigerian men. Although I am not oblivious of the importance of male children but should it get this far such that a man gets another wife simply because his beloved wife did not bear him a male child hence I want to know your take in this very very sensitive and serious issue on ground.

To the guys in the house,would you get a second wife if your wife doesn't bear you a male child? [/quote
opo mu ile ro piller of the house except otherwise
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MacLovington(m): 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Nightshift: Development to me means equal rights to our women , and opportunity to aspire to become successful in life like men. Or are you better off in a Saudi setting ?

I hope you don't read upside down. Did you see anywhere I said women should be unsuccessful or should not have equal right?

I went to a Western University. Only those with the very top grades got admitted to my course then. There were more girls on the course than boys. Each person should get the chance he/she deserves.
As for the very few blacks on the course, I noticed that they were from stable families and all their dads were well-educated professionals.

The way some black women you meet in some offices here in the West behave themselves towards black men is sickening sometimes.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by hagma37yahoocom: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
mrrock: Obama (U.S president) have 2 daughters ''only''.

Bill gates (richest man in the world) have 1 daughter ''only''.

Bill Clinton (former U.S president) have 1 daughter ''only''.

To be honest I always said male children when I get married. But I have changed my mind after seeing this thread and comparing the above persons. It struck me girl children are even better ''IF'' they could get good education.
olodo those names you mension it is becouse they are male and famous that you are able to kno them so tell me is it obama that is famous or michel abi clinton dat is famous or hillary

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by ocelot2006(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
With a male child, the family name's carried on to the next generation.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by MacLovington(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
[quote author=hagma37@yahoo.com][/quote].

I am not in that situation so I cannot speculate.

In theory, I'd consider using a surrogate mother in agreement with the mrs.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bejay766: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2012
Both male and female are important, they have their roles. having said that, male children have stronger role of keeping family linage. Those opposing this are jokers.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nightshift(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2012
MacLovington: .

I hope you don't read upside down. Did you see anywhere I said women should be unsuccessful or should not have equal right?

I went to a Western University. Only those with the very top grades got admitted to my course then. There were more girls on the course than boys. Each person should get the chance he/she deserves.
As for the very few blacks on the course, I noticed that they were from stable families and all their dads were well-educated professionals.

The way some black women you meet in some offices here in the West behave themselves towards black men is sickening sometimes.
You seem to be terrified by educated and successful black women. Insecure men feel that way always !
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by CeaserB: 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
To Whom It May Concern (Be You A Weak Man Or A Stubborn Woman) Man, I Repeat Man Pass Woman.
It Was Ordained By God.

Jesus Christ, Mohammed (S.A.W), Buddha, Moses who are the pillars of Christianity, Islam, Buddhist and Jewish religions respectively were sent to us as "Men"
Do you know more than God?

The Pillars Of Ancient Philosophy; Pythagoras, Aristotle, Plato, Archimedes, Confucius etc were "Men"

The Pillars Of Science; Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Alexander Flemming, Albert Einstein etc were "Men"

The Pillars Of Technology; Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Alexander Graham Bell, Charles Babbage etc were "Men"

The Pillars of classic Music; George F. Handel, Mozart, Beethoven etc were "Men"

The Pillars of Art; MichealAngelo, Picasso, Da Vinci etc were "Men"
Even in Fashion Men Rule; "Gianni Versace", "Louis Vuitton", "Gucci", "Giogio Armani", "Alexander McQueen" etc
In all sphere of Life Man supercedes Woman.
Even the internet you are using today is the product of Man.

On a lighter note even your Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Nokia, Blackberry, Twitter and Even Nairaland Are Products Of "Men"cheesy
If You Are Still Thinking Woman = Man You're In A Very LOOOOOOOONNG Dream grin

3 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by http(m): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
CeaserB: To Whom It May Concern (Be You A Weak Man Or A Stubborn Woman) Man, I Repeat Man Pass Woman.
It Was Ordained By God.

Jesus Christ, Mohammed (S.A.W), Buddha, Moses who are the pillars of Christianity, Islam, Buddhist and Jewish religions respectively were sent to us as "Men"
Do you know more than God?

The Pillars Of Ancient Philosophy; Pythagoras, Aristotle, Plato, Archimedes, Confucius etc were "Men"

The Pillars Of Science; Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Alexander Flemming, Albert Einstein etc were "Men"

The Pillars Of Technology; Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, Alexander Graham Bell, Charles Babbage etc were "Men"

The Pillars of classic Music; George F. Handel, Mozart, Beethoven etc were "Men"

The Pillars of Art; MichealAngelo, Picasso, Da Vinci etc were "Men"
Even in Fashion Men Rule; "Gianni Versace", "Louis Vuitton", "Gucci", "Giogio Armani", "Alexander McQueen" etc
In all sphere of Life Man supercedes Woman.
Even the internet you are using today is the product of Man.

On a lighter note even your Google, Microsoft, Apple, Facebook, Nokia, Blackberry, Twitter and Even Nairaland Are Products Of "Men"cheesy
If You Are Still Thinking Woman = Man You're In A Very LOOOOOOOONNG Dream grin

They are already on a long thread, sorry thing...

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by VirginFinder: 11:31pm On Aug 24, 2012
Case Study
Bill Gates has only one daughter.
When he's gone she'll most likely become the world's richest/2nd richest person by virtue of inheritance just like the Watson's of Walmart.

The sad thing is all that wealth will eventually pass on to a strangers through her children who would have come from another lineage entirely (via their dad).

In essence, another lineage reaps where they have not sown just because some rich dude cannot have a son.

Also, no person is said to come from 2 places.The father's (man's) place of origin is the ultimate determinant of where a man comes from 99% of the time.

Women are NOT smarter than men as many feminists and their male components (less men) will like us to believe nowadays.

The fact is that women generally tend to be more alert and therefore operate at higher IQ levels than men do ordinarily.
Men operate at lower IQ levels normally but have the special ability to raise their IQ levels to such high levels as no woman's can ever attain hard as she tries. Men only attain such high IQ levels when faced with threats, challenges and daunting tasks. Its is noteworthy that men cannot sustain these high IQ levels for long and soon fall back to the lower IQ level at which they operated as soon as all threats have been removed, challenges solved and tasks accomplished.

That is the mystery psychologists have been unable to unravel and they now make us believe women are smarter.
What nonsense!

Show me a happy,fulfilled woman and I'll show you a woman who is happy to be one, who finds no reason to try to be like or compete with men and who is happy to perform her God-ordained role as a woman according to the book of proverbs.

But how can women be competing/envying beings that came out of them.Shouldn't that be enought consolation?
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by phemi01(m): 11:41pm On Aug 24, 2012
One thing is common to both male n female gender. DEATH!

Men RUN the world though.

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Olegeme: 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2012
For me i dont care about the sex of achild,provided they are my blood.what really matters is how you train them.my uncle has 5boys and 1girl. they all drop out from school became alcoholic,starded stilling from their father!now they just still every,except the girl,very hard working next year she's finishing her masters degree.before the father never wanted anything to do with the girl but now he regrates and says he wish all those boy were girls..i think this male idea is a crazy traditional whatever,and only some part of African countries still believe in this male bulshit.but the educated once thinks way big

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by oobim(m): 11:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
CeaserB: You Gals Are Still Crying Over Spilled Milk!? grin
See The Question Sef: What's So Special About Male Children?
Are you saying God made a mistake giving Man the authority to rule the earth?
God Blessed Man With Authority (Dominion) Over Every
And You Are Still Blaming God Why He Made Man So Special?

Who Are You To Question God's Authority?
Who God Has Blessed Let No Man Curse.
A Man Is The Head Of The Home
All Staunch Feminists Can/Will Go To Hell If They Keep Ranting About The Equality Of Man and Woman

Man's Superiority Is Not Just About Marriage Alone.
Man's Superiority Encompasses All Things Since The Beginning Of Time.
Who Rules The World? Men
Who Were The Greatest Philosophers? Men
Who Are The Strongest Physically? Men
Who Are The Greatest Scientists? Men
Who Are The Most Inventors? Men
Few and few are still women (even when population of women are more, men still surpasses them)
...In all sphere of life Men dominates Women even sexually. A woman's sexual prowess is only limited.
Many Men at the age of 70 can still impregnate a woman.
But can a woman of 70 give birth naturally? No.
Women were made for companionship. Men are core idealogists. If Not for men, life would still have been in the stone age. The best a woman can do is support our ideas.

Nevertheless we (men) owe our women Love, Care and Respect. Everyone is entitled to be treated with that.

...On a last Note,
[size=21pt]"ANY WOMAN WHO FEELS SHE EQUAL TO MAN CAN GO AHEAD AND DO AS JOB's WIFE SAID 'CURSE GOD AND DIE!"[/size]

A Message To Ye Daughters Of Jezebel. angry
U curse women because of ds.?dnt u hav a mother n sisters?dnt u knw u cud hav only female kids 2mrw?smh
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 24, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Good job calling your mammy a hag. Why the Bleep are you biatching because I said boys are no different than girls

Did somebody eat your last meal mofo Get over yourself and worry about getting and keeping a job and stay off my gotdamn nuts fukboy.

grin grin grin grin
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by DAVE5(m): 1:23am On Aug 25, 2012
ifihearam: I was in a place with this woman who has four lovely daughters from our conversation I observed she wasn't done with birthing,so I asked if she was still ready for yet another child her response was rather astonishing "if I nor born boy pikin dem fit drive me comot for my husband house ooo"curiousity and shock seized my tongue for a couple of seconds.
We discussed further and other women there shared their experiences in the hands of nigerian men. Although I am not oblivious of the importance of male children but should it get this far such that a man gets another wife simply because his beloved wife did not bear him a male child hence I want to know your take in this very very sensitive and serious issue on ground.

To the guys in the house,would you get a second wife if your wife doesn't bear you a male child?
one reason we r special is cos no matter how rich, successful or outstanding u women r, a man would still take charge of u, pay ur bride price n b ur master forever till death do u path
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by princeonx: 3:42am On Aug 25, 2012
@poster:
What kind/type of answer do you want? The real truth or what you just want to hear?
If that question or boys were not important or rather have same role as girls in a family, I don't think this would have been a topic.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by buskeske: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2012
engineerd:

I'm not asserting this is always true oh! But i have a friend who said this worked for him. Maybe there is a correlation between position/angle of penetration and the sex of the fertilized eggs. grin. You should maybe give it a try and see.

It worked for me and my husby oh
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Korrection(m): 7:08am On Aug 25, 2012
who will mate with the females for continuity to continue? grin
Mrs.Chima:

Children of any gender continues lineage.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by kemifemi: 7:09am On Aug 25, 2012
For me, am indifferent. If na boys, no shaking and if all my children are girls, no problem.
I have a girlfriend who had two younger brothers.
The one who was serious and whom the family was looking up to passed away 2 yrs ago and he wasn't married.
The other brother is a complete disgrace. HE steals and smokes indian hemp.the family had to leave the house for him.
As I type this, no one knows his whereabouts.
On several occasions, he threatened to kill his parents in the middle of the night.
It wasn't funny@ al.
Whatever God gives you should be appreciateda. Do you know how many men/women have infertility issues. Be grateful to God for what he has given u.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2012
kemifemi: For me, am indifferent. If na boys, no shaking and if all my children are girls, no problem.
I have a girlfriend who had two younger brothers.
The one who was serious and whom the family was looking up to passed away 2 yrs ago and he wasn't married.
The other brother is a complete disgrace. HE steals and smokes indian hemp.the family had to leave the house for him.
As I type this, no one knows his whereabouts.
On several occasions, he threatened to kill his parents in the middle of the night.
It wasn't funny@ al.
Whatever God gives you should be appreciateda. Do you know how many men/women have infertility issues. Be grateful to God for what he has given u.
I love the last paragraph. People with infertility issues would read this thread and feel so bad about most arguments.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Banitez: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2012
ifihearam: I was in a place with this woman who has four lovely daughters from our conversation I observed she wasn't done with birthing,so I asked if she was still ready for yet another child her response was rather astonishing "if I nor born boy pikin dem fit drive me comot for my husband house ooo"curiousity and shock seized my tongue for a couple of seconds.

To the guys in the house,would you get a second wife if your wife doesn't bear you a male child?
As a man who fear God and believed in children are heritage of the Lord, there is no need in getting secnd wife to have male children because u may continue in getting more females. I ve a cause to know a family that tries and d no 2 wife bears females as well it is God that produces children without partiality. I cant get second wife neva.Even sumtyms female children are more reliable dn boys..sorry if i hurt ppu.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by joyprincess(f): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2012
[b][/b]For me i see male sons like the mouth pist of the family,but now we also have female that are even more stornger than the male son,so any one God give's to you take it and appreciate him
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by superstar1(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2012
let us face the reality. we are africans and not oyinbos. the male child is needed for continuation of family name. no man, i repeat, no man will ever want his name to go into extinction. if you have 7 females and he is telling you not to be worried, watch your back. that is the bitter truth and is the reality of our culture and society. it does not mean female children are less of a child but continuation of lineage is extremmely important too.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by sugardaddy1(m): 8:42am On Aug 25, 2012
It is indisputable that the male gender is superior and more desired in majority of cultures all over the world. However, that is not to say that females are less important. Personally, I feel families with both genders are more stable in majority of cases.
Please go through some tips below that may tilt the equation in your favour with respect to your desired gender at conception:-

Gender selection options — natural methods
1. Shettles method (male offspring)
Time the intercourse to as close to ovulation as possible — preferably within 24 hours before ovulation. There should be a period of abstinence of about 3–4 days in order to maximise the number of male sperms produced.

Penetration at the moment of ejaculation should be as deep as possible, e.g. via rear entry. This ensures that the sperms are deposited above the neck of the cervix where the vaginal environment is more alkaline and thus, more favourable for the survival of the male sperms. This increases the chances of the male sperms reaching the egg faster than the female sperms.

2. Shettles method (female offspring)
The converse to the above holds true in this case. Timing the intercourse two days prior to ovulation will ensure that only the female sperms survive till fertilisation.

Shallow penetration, e.g. man-on-top will ensure that the sperms are deposited at the mouth of the cervix. This favours the survival of the female sperms. Some have advocated avoiding a female orgasm as this keeps the vaginal environment highly acidic.
http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/womenhealth/Pages/Pregnancy-Baby-gender-selection-boy-or-girl.aspx
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by chidyke77(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2012
?
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by azyaq(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2012
NO MALE NO LIFE grin grin grin GBAAMMMMM
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bright007(f): 8:53am On Aug 25, 2012
dasparrow:

You Nigerian women are your own worst enemies. No wonder many of your men punch and beat the crap out of you people with the type of mentality you exhibit in this post of yours. So in Nigeria, because a man married and paid a woman's bride price, she becomes his property? So there are still Nigerian women who think like you in 2012? Anyways, you are a product of your Nigerian society and environment. Who am I to object to your sick and demented way of reasoning if that is all you have been taught by your parents and the chuvinist Nigerian society you were brought up.
[color=red]Hey don't misunderstand my post!By virtue of å man being the head of d family,he owns everything including d woman.I say this because d man's command must be the woman's wish most of d time whether she likes it or not.
so remove sentiments and be down to earth.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Digriz(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2012
mimi321: my sister same happens where i am , i know a woman that has 6 beautiful daughters but want a boy badly

this same reason is why i don't want to marry a Nigerian man
So u are nw convinced that ur eggs wl reject any male sperm frm ur naija husband? Just luk at ur thinking faculty,u must stil b a kid cos u dnt reason lyk an adult.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by usermane(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2012
God willing, i want just one wife. For me, i want both male and female children. I don't want all boy or all girls. Howevr i can't remarry or divorce because my kids are all of d same gender.

The society has made it appear that male child is superior. Lot of men detest gender equality. Hence they prefer a male baby to a female one. But am not like that, i respect females a lot.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by seechris(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2012
there's everything in a name,a successful name has many opportunities to the generation, male children are important, and depending in the individual he can go to any lengths to preserve his name, my only grudge is the fact that the wife without male child is sidelined, if the man remarries and gets his male child and can love his while family equally then its all good!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is The History Behind The Gorgeous [edo] Bini's Hair Beads? / Photos From 2017 Aba Festival Igara, Edo State / Chief Forest Whitaker, Nwannedinamba Of Nkwerre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.