Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

What's So Special About Male Children? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's So Special About Male Children? (18334 Views)

What's So Special Wearing Native On Fridays? / What Is So Special About D Gizzard Of The Chicken In Igbo Land. / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by mikolo80: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2012
BOYS WERE NEEDED FOR STRENUOUS ACTIVITIES IN THE DARK AGES E.G. FARMING AND WAR.NIGHT IS RIGHT SO SUCK IT UP LADIES.HEY I KNOW LIFE'S NOT FAIR

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by usermane(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2012
bright007: [color=red]Hey don't misunderstand my post!By virtue of å man being the head of d family,he owns everything including d woman.I say this because d man's command must be the woman's wish most of d time whether she likes it or not.
so remove sentiments and be down to earth.

That is d problem with d society. Women r always materialised. A woman should be a man 's patner,not his property or servant. We r no longer in d dark ages where men live in caves with nothin on
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 25, 2012
lol "he owns everything including the woman"
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 25, 2012
What type of shid is that....

He owns everything including the woman

Wtf

lol
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by gentlegg(m): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
usermane: .

That is d problem with d society. Women r always materialised. A woman should be a man 's patner,not his property or servant. We r no longer in d dark ages where men live in caves with nothin on
You're now in light age, abi?

@Topic
If a woman keep having female children only, the man SHOULD never think of marrying another because of that. I am 100% against that, after all, biologically it's the man's chromosome that determines sex of a baby. Nevertheless, it's 100% understandable why a man will crave, pray, wish and prefer male child to female child, 1001 reasons abound. Both sex are very important but a male child is still far more important than a female child. Forget that stupid mentality of "we're now in 21st century", "this is a modern world" we're no longer in dark world" bla bla bla in women, that makes them always wanting to equal themselves to a man, and that remains their undoing till today. Presently i have two beautiful daughters now and i love them with my life but am seriously praying and ready for fasting that God will give me a male child next.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by victorian(f): 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2012
This is another major reason why married women ,now bear their father's name along side the husband's name.. i prefer both sexes. Either the male or female child can be very useful in future, if well trained. its not just bearing a male child..
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by eduson33(m): 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2012
I no knw why dis ting dey scratch these little girls like this?simple truth,una go dey drag am.
1.how many women is the army?if nt boiz,who go do d fighting?okolo.
2.how many go helep una papa drive em traller?
3.why not stay back in your fathers house and marry in any man or must you go and live with a man in another state or village?
4.how many of you fit do these hard job wey boiz dey do?
I ve never seen in the bible were women were chosen to be d king nor d high priest.both gender r important bt boiz are very important in family.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bukatyne(f): 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
CeaserB: Na Baba God (Jehovah, Allah, Eledumare, Chukwu) Sign, Seal And Deliver The Authority To Us (Men).
So We (Men) Suggest You (Women) Send Your Appeal To The Supreme Creator If You Have Any Case Against (Men) Being "Special". Until Then You (Women) Can Keep Ranting. That Does Not Remove An Inch Of The Authority From Us (Men) grin

"And God said, Let us make Man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over EVERY creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" (Genesis. 1:26).

"To the woman God said, I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall RULE over you.” (Genesis 3:16)

"But I permit NOT a Woman to teach, NOR to have dominion over a Man, but to be in quietness." (1 Timothy 2:12)

[size=21pt]...AND GOD SAID, "CASE DISMISSED!"angry grin[/size]
before u re in a hurry to quote Bible passages, understand them properly. Gen 1:26 refers to male and female (man is a generic term) that's why we re called d sons of God, brethren etc. Gen 3 was referring to the consequences of the fall of man (Adam and Eve). so dear, Gender inequality didn't originate from God.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Myself2(m): 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
Na Baba God (Jehovah, Allah, Eledumare, Chukwu) Sign, Seal And Deliver The Authority To Us (Men).
So We (Men) Suggest You (Women) Send Your Appeal To The Supreme Creator If You Have Any Case Against (Men) Being "Special". Until Then You (Women) Can Keep Ranting. That Does Not Remove An Inch Of The Authority From Us (Men) grin

"And God said, Let us make Man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over EVERY creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" (Genesis. 1:26).

"To the woman God said, I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall RULE over you.” (Genesis 3:16)

"But I permit NOT a Woman to teach, NOR to have dominion over a Man, but to be in quietness." (1 Timothy 2:12)

...AND GOD SAID, "CASE DISMISSED!"

[size=16pt]Q.E.D[/size]
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Myself2(m): 2:01pm On Aug 25, 2012
bukatyne: before u re in a hurry to quote Bible passages, understand them properly. Gen 1:26 refers to male and female (man is a generic term) that's why we re called d sons of God, brethren etc. Gen 3 was referring to the consequences of the fall of man (Adam and Eve). so dear, Gender inequality didn't originate from God.

Dont mind him,he has forgotten that Bible passage where it is written that God took one rib from the side of the woman and formed man,that makes the woman superior to the man.Dont tell me it's the other way round tongue cool cool
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bukatyne(f): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
CeaserB: You Gals Are Still Crying Over Spilled Milk!? grin
See The Question Sef: What's So Special About Male Children?
Are you saying God made a mistake giving Man the authority to rule the earth?
God Blessed Man With Authority (Dominion) Over Every
And You Are Still Blaming God Why He Made Man So Special?

Who Are You To Question God's Authority?
Who God Has Blessed Let No Man Curse.
A Man Is The Head Of The Home
All Staunch Feminists Can/Will Go To Hell If They Keep Ranting About The Equality Of Man and Woman

Man's Superiority Is Not Just About Marriage Alone.
Man's Superiority Encompasses All Things Since The Beginning Of Time.
Who Rules The World? Men
Who Were The Greatest Philosophers? Men
Who Are The Strongest Physically? Men
Who Are The Greatest Scientists? Men
Who Are The Most Inventors? Men
Few and few are still women (even when population of women are more, men still surpasses them)
...In all sphere of life Men dominates Women even sexually. A woman's sexual prowess is only limited.
Many Men at the age of 70 can still impregnate a woman.
But can a woman of 70 give birth naturally? No.
Women were made for companionship. Men are core idealogists. If Not for men, life would still have been in the stone age. The best a woman can do is support our ideas.

Nevertheless we (men) owe our women Love, Care and Respect. Everyone is entitled to be treated with that.

...On a last Note,
[size=21pt]"ANY WOMAN WHO FEELS SHE EQUAL TO MAN CAN GO AHEAD AND DO AS JOB's WIFE SAID 'CURSE GOD AND DIE!"[/size]

A Message To Ye Daughters Of Jezebel. angry
wit dis ur post, i can see that u really don't understand the Bible nor know the mind of God. just state ur opinions and stop adding Bible/God to them
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bukatyne(f): 2:23pm On Aug 25, 2012
Myself2:

Dont mind him,he has forgotten that Bible passage where it is written that God took one rib from the side of the woman and formed man,that makes the woman superior to the man.Dont tell me it's the other way round tongue cool cool
dude i doubt that u got the conclusion that women are more superior from my post u quoted. like i told the poster i quoted, if u don't understand something in the Bible, ask around or pray to God for understanding. don't misquote it. if u think dat making Eve out of Adam's rib made Adam superior, u have a very long way to go!
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by bukatyne(f): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2012
Myself2:

dude i doubt that u got the conclusion that women are more superior from my post u quoted. like i told the poster i quoted, if u don't understand something in the Bible, ask around or pray to God for understanding. don't misquote it. if u think dat making Eve out of Adam's rib made Adam superior, u have a very long way to go!
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by sugardaddy1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2012
All you hypocrites trying to be more western than westerners here, if I wish all of una female children all through in your marriages now, una go say person don curse una but yet una no go admit the truth say male children are special. Smh

2 Likes

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by usermane(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by usermane(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
gentlegg:
You're now in light age, abi?

@Topic
If a woman keep having female children only, the man SHOULD never think of marrying another because of that. I am 100% against that, after all, biologically it's the man's chromosome that determines sex of a baby. Nevertheless, it's 100% understandable why a man will crave, pray, wish and prefer male child to female child, 1001 reasons abound. Both sex are very important but a male child is still far more important than a female child. Forget that stupid mentality of "we're now in 21st century", "this is a modern world" we're no longer in dark world" bla bla bla in women, that makes them always wanting to equal themselves to a man, and that remains their undoing till today. Presently i have two beautiful daughters now and i love them with my life but am seriously praying and ready for fasting that God will give me a male child next.
Noo i am not saying a man
shouldn't be worried cos he lack
a male child neither am i saying
that a man shouldn't remarry to
get one(which wont b my
decision if i have no son though)
bt am trying to say both genders
are equally important both from
a moral and religious point of
view. We r in d age when
civilization has entered and we
cant continue 2 think like our
fore fathers in primitive days
were women were second class
beings just created to serve men
and d birth of a female baby wz
treated as a disgrace to the
father. Evn d bible and quran nvr
said man was more important
than woman.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by OtunbaGm: 3:56pm On Aug 25, 2012
@Op

It is becos ur father was a male child of his father! The truth is that 95 per cent of us Men will like to have a male child no matter the level of education and will now accept our faith if it is a female child.

I will be very proud playing golf with my son, will be more fulfilled when am old for my son to take over my empire!

In fact,my wife is very comfortable now in my house cos our first issue is a boy. So no pressure, had it been it was a girl,hmmmm though I love her but there will be a little war cos we are not of the same tribe!

We may say it is a decision between you and ur spouse to get married even witout the approval of your parents or relations, let me tell you; it is a warfare and it takes only God's grace to be successful in the marriage! But the day the woman gives them(relations) a male child! She will be considered as one of them,trust me! But if na so so so women, she is on her own.....though very few expections!

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by ea7(m): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2012
CeaserB: Na Baba God (Jehovah, Allah, Eledumare, Chukwu) Sign, Seal And Deliver The Authority To Us (Men).

To the example in Timothy...I had no Idea Paul was a god,
BtW myths have no bearing in reality.

[size=21pt]...AND GOD SAID, "CASE DISMISSED!"angry grin[/size]
To the example in Timothy...I had no Idea Paul was a god,
BtW myths have no bearing in reality.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by sugardaddy1(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2012
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by achukwunet(f): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2012
DonHummer: 1..a man carries on d name of d family
2...on the averag men are more smarter dan women....

hahaha oh puhlease if only point number two was true. A new study has shown that during motherhood a womans intelligence actually increases: their memory increases as well a learning abilities.

Sadly in India women still stress themselves over having boys over girls. Some even abort ther pregnancies if there's the slightest thought of the child being a girl which is ridiculous.

Some may believe the issue has died out. However it is still alice in many countries.

Article on women being smarter than me- http://www.experienceproject.com/question-answer/A-New-Study-Shows-That-Women-Are-Smarter-Than-Men-Women-Overall-Score-5-Points-Higher-On-IQ-Tests-What-Do-You-Think/1035751
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2012
Okija_juju: @ TOPIC:

1. Their Diicks

2. Their Name is forever.

3. Gods only child is a bloke.

4. Men were created first.

5. Men are the stonger sex.

6. God is a Man

u r so 5th cntry bc.who told u dat.did Jesus cncern hmslf wv if who wuld bear hs name,isnt it disciples who did,if u r gud ur name cnt fade.dats wat integrity does.dyl stl knw d daughterz r urz.abi na d husbnd get am.men of these days.kp ur eyez on d prize nt d price
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2012
$ugardaddy:
All you hypocrites trying to be more western than westerners here, if I wish all of una female children all through in your marriages now, una go say person don curse una but yet una no go admit the truth say male children are special. Smh
na u b hypocrite na man born u.no wnda we r havn gay fellows.am suspctn u
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by haisam: 8:48pm On Aug 25, 2012
odumchi: The thing is that, traditionally, people have usually preferred male children over female children because a male child would continue the father's lineage and legacy.

However, that was in the days when women weren't as "equal" to men as they are today. Nowadays, most people don't mind anymore because women are as useful as men.
even in nowadays women are not equal as men
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2012
Special for carrying on the last name from generation to generation.

However, if a woman decides to keep her father's name, then how special is her brother?

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 9:16pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Special for carrying on the last name from generation to generation.

However, if a woman decides to keep her father's name, then how special is her brother?

Not to much though, most women carry their husbands names after marriage; But I have been seeing women do compound names where they will combine their maiden name with their husbands last name, examples I can think of Hillary Rodam Clinton, Jada Pinkett Smith, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, and etc
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2012
anonymous6:

Not to much though, most women carry their husbands names after marriage; But I have been seeing women do compound names where they will combine their maiden name with their husbands last name, examples I can think of Hillary Rodam Clinton, Jada Pinkett Smith, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, and etc

I'm not even talking about keeping it as a middle name jor. Make she keep it as her official last name.

Keeping it as a middle name is a step sha.

I think Omotola and the rest kept their middle name because that's the name they're popularly known for.

1 Like

Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I'm not even talking about keeping it as a middle name jor. Make she keep it as her official last name.

Keeping it as a middle name is a step sha.

I think Omotola and the rest kept their middle name because that's the name they're popularly known for.

Most but not all the women in the world that keep their maiden name as their last name tend to be hard core feminist
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
anonymous6:

Most but not all the women in the world that keep their maiden name as their last name tend to be hard core feminist

I don't know about that lol.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I don't know about that lol.

well this is just based on the ones I have heard of in the media, one time a lady was on fox news and she had a long compound name and when they asked her about it she said her mother is a feminist and refused to have her fathers last name so her parents combined the mothers last name with the fathers last name as a compound last name for their children(she is one of the them).

I have heard in a documentary once that some feminist that are married refused their husbands last name and retained there's, and their husbands were fine with it based on what I understood from it
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
anonymous6:

well this is just based on the ones I have heard of in the media, one time a lady was on fox news and she had a long compound name and when they asked her about it she said her mother is a feminist and refused to have her fathers last name so her parents combined the mothers last name with the fathers last name as a compound last name for their children(she is one of the them).

I have heard in a documentary once that some feminist that are married refused their husbands last name and retained there's, and their husbands were fine with it based on what I understood from it

Hmm, who marry these women who refused their husband's names just for feminist reasons?

I understand it as a sense of "self" and sense of respect for one's "family name" esp if she's the only child, but because "she's equal to a man"? That's stretching it. It doesn't even make sense.
Re: What's So Special About Male Children? by anonymous6(f): 9:47pm On Aug 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Hmm, who marry these women who refused their husband's names just for feminist reasons?

I understand it as a sense of "self" and sense of respect for one's "family name" esp if she's the only child, but because "she's equal to a man"? That's stretching it. It doesn't even make sense.

You have a point, lol; many men in the western world for some reason don't mind it, they are a minority of course, sometimes I have noticed these women control their husbands to, not all but a few do. I guess there will always be men for those type of women

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Afro-brazilian (saro) Descendants Of Lagos State - Our History / What Is The History Behind The Gorgeous [edo] Bini's Hair Beads? / Photos From 2017 Aba Festival Igara, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.