Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,577 members, 7,816,426 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note (32398 Views)

CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors / CBN To Punish Landlords & Schools That Ask For Dollars / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by aryzgreat: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
I dont know wot GEJ is waiting for to sack dis mad mallam At CBN headquarter, imagine buying pure water for N50? dont expect any trader to collect N10 coins from u, this will sky rocket the price of goods in d market by thousands of %, Sanusi should pack his load and go, Ghana have re-denominated their currency since after soludo suggested it to OBj but naija tribal/religious politics would not allow us do d ryt thing. Can't wait for this fake con3 to balkanize, let progressives do their thing and let laggers keep lagging angry
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by bomijuwon(m): 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
Larufa: The Central Bank of Nigeria has announced that it is going to introduce a N5,000 note into the system.

The faces of three prominent Nigerian female activists are to be used on the new note. They are those of late politician and social mobiliser, Margaret Ekpo (1914 - 2006); late politician and activist Hajia Gambo Sawaba (1933 - 2001) and late politician and women's right activist Funmilayo Kuti (1900 -1978).

Like one of the northern preachers said few weeks back. 'All good things in Nigeria were done by Moslems'while praising Sanusi for correcting the mess created by southerns at CBN. I guess this is one of it.

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/175116-breaking-news-cbn-to-introduce-n5000-note
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by cupid4ig(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
When soludo was performing some peeps here said he is confused and doesn't know what he is doing. Well I wonder what they will say about this mallam undecidedƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by micklplus(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Odunnu: Had to run a quick google search to find out who this Sawaba woman is.
Never heard of her until now, either in the dream or in reality . Lol.
When is this man's tenure ending BTW?
Btw

Just heard about her too.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by okobalz: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Can u guys see how lame ur CBN governor is, after clamouring for a cashless society,he is now goin to introduce #5000 note. Nawa o! As if that's the solution to nigerias dwindling economy.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by manny4life(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Odunnu: Had to run a quick google search to find out who this Sawaba woman is.
Never heard of her until now, either in the dream or in reality . Lol.
When is this man's tenure ending BTW?
Btw

2013.. FRESH AIR grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mukina2 can you edit the title and add NEXT YEAR to it? CBN TO INTRODUCE N5k NOTE NEXT YEAR so you dont misinform nigerians. Maybe the raging debates might change the mallu's mind.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Rhino5dm: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
manny4life: LOL...

The people suffer when you have a cattle rearer as CEO of Nigeria's Largest bank.

^
You have already passed your judgement, why are you seeking my opinion? Soludo may be sound agreed, but he is a crook. Finito.

manny4life:

Well he allowed them loot - I do not support, but rescuing the banks is something else. As for his current policies, isn't it obvious his policies will destroy the economy?
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by manny4life(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
diluminati: Mukina2 can you edit the title and add NEXT YEAR to it? CBN TO INTRODUCE N5k NOTE NEXT YEAR so you dont misinform nigerians. Maybe the raging debates might change the mallu's mind.

Does it matter when it's introduced? Sis, abeg, N5,000 is a very bad policy in Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by amosy007: 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
I have said it b4 and i will repeat it again

Prophet sanusi (piss be unto him) wnt be dat daft to go ahead with such plan and gej will stand there lo0king

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by ANYPEN(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
He should be able to explain to Nigerians why he has to take this very scary step nah. You can't just wake up & say you wanna make N5000 note & turn N20 to coin nah. I don't see any reason for the change.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vanstanzy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
Larufa: The Central Bank of Nigeria has announced that it is going to introduce a N5,000 note into the system.

The faces of three prominent Nigerian female activists are to be used on the new note. They are those of late politician and social mobiliser, Margaret Ekpo (1914 - 2006); late politician and activist Hajia Gambo Sawaba (1933 - 2001) and late politician and women's right activist Funmilayo Kuti (1900 -1978).

Source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/175116-breaking-news-cbn-to-introduce-n5000-note

Sh!7 happens all the time in Nigeria. This country never seizes to amuse me.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
manny4life:

Does it matter when it's introduced? Sis, abeg, N5,000 is a very bad policy in Nigeria grin grin grin
yes it matters. Portray information as it is.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by yeye4live(m): 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2012
I just don't kno wat s hapenin to dis country, 5000 naira note n d fool n stupid sanusi said it won't cuse inflation, wen u turn 20,10 n 5 naira to coins wil it remain in d market again,which bank even acept coins in d country as deposit talkles of market women n bus conductor, dis s wen I wil gve up on dis country, useles pple who re trying to bankroll our generation,God wil punish dem n death wil b dier pursion in jesus name I pray

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by manny4life(m): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

^
You have already passed your judgement, why are you seeking my opinion? Soludo may be sound agreed, but he is a crook. Finito.

It's my judgement, not yours though, that's why we have different opinions. I was asking a question, you should have answered anyway. While I'm not exonerating Soludo, and he may or may not be any name you choose to call him, BUT he did not have clueless policies such as this.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
Thank you jesus! I thought Dame Patience Jonathan's name was gonna be mentioned.at least she wont succeed in getting her face on the new naira note.BTW what do we need another denomination for? Its not necessary nau! Haba!
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by micklplus(m): 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
cupid4ig: When soludo was performing some peeps here said he is confused and doesn't know what he is doing. Well I wonder what they will say about this mallam undecidedƠ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡

Don't mind them!!! They all crucified soludo. Whereas, soludo applied diplomacy in his approaches and he managed the economy with a tailor made approach and people thought, he was foolish.

On the other hand, mallam would just dig out a theory and gbam!!!! He would just introduce it into naija economy without any consideration whether the situation on ground matches his cattle rearing approach.

In mallam's brilliance, banks are stronger, chei? Over 15,000 people lost their jobs and still counting! And now,N5000 note!!!!!
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by SisiKill1: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
Oh this just reminded me of the LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD Story.

The Average Nigerian is Little Red Riding Hood and the FG is. . .well you guesed it - The BIG BAD WOLF!!

Little Red Riding Hood - Oh my! FG, What BIG bill this is!! shocked shocked

Big Bad - Why. . .All the better to steal more from you with less hassle!!! cool cool

Anyway, this doesn't come as a suprise. . .the whole Ghana Must Go bag thingy was sooooo outdated!! Why they still haven't considered wire transfers to offshore accounts is beyond me. All the tackiness of stuffing money down your pants really doesn't speak well for the fund stealers in the Govt undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by manny4life(m): 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
diluminati:
yes it matters. Portray information as it is.

Ok o, so you rather us wait till next year when it's introduced before people can speak out? The fact is not the introduction, BUT the thought process and damage on Nigeria's economy. After all, his cashless policy that was in effct this year, the plan was rolled out last year, A LOT of people criticized against it when it was announced. As you can see, the anger isn't the time it's rolled out, but the policy itself.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
ANY-PEN :
He should be able to explain to Nigerians why he has to take this very scary step nah. You can't just wake up & say you wanna make N5000 note & turn N20 to coin nah. I don't see any reason for the change.
The fool was talking on Ait that Japan has 10k yen note, and mentioned other countries with 10k notes, like thats a supporting reason for doing this scary thing. N10,000 Note is in the works.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
manny4life:

Ok o, so you rather us wait till next year when it's introduced before people can speak out? The fact is not the introduction, BUT the thought process and damage on Nigeria's economy. After all, his cashless policy that was in effct this year, the plan was rolled out last year, A LOT of people criticized against it when it was announced. As you can see, the anger isn't the time it's rolled out, but the policy itself.
i feel you boss. Just that many Nigerians will go to the streets with uncertainty when the fool is gonna do this. If we know a timeline then we can strategize a campaign against the mallu.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by trent9002(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
dondada78: Instead of him to redominate the naira by taking away two zeros and give the weak naira the needed pep, this 'aboki' will now cause inflation like never before. Haba! Cant the dude think and see the beauty in Soludo's plan?
Removing the two zero's is not as easy as you think.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by trent9002(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2012
Infact, how does this reduce the cost of garri in the market, eh?
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
ANY-PEN :
was it not how the retardeen slept on 31st of december and woke up on new year's day which a shocker? We are already used to shocking news.I aint surprised at all.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by dondada78(m): 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Which plan are you taking about? Thesame Soludo that intentionally allowed Erastus Akingbola, Cecilia Ibru to loot over 3 hundred billion share holders funds? Abeg Soludo is a thief joor.

Well we are talking about the plan and not if he was a thief! The re-domination plan was awesome and in my opinion should be revisited. My 2 kobo!
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
trent9002: Infact, how does this reduce the cost of garri in the market, eh?
it does really affect the cost of garri, bread, fuel, and even your boxers in the market. Go to celebrity, thats where you can ask your daft garri query questions jambito.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
will you STFU and face the topic?

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by sessydoo(m): 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Which plan are you taking about? Thesame Soludo that intentionally allowed Erastus Akingbola, Cecilia Ibru to loot over 3 hundred billion share holders funds? Abeg Soludo is a thief joor.

Hey Rhino I agree wt you that Soludo is a thief but Lamido is a worse criminal dat sold those banks to his cronies at takeaway price. released their collateral and still allowed other fellow thieves like erastus to be walkin arnd free bc of godfatherism. naija, a nation of pot calling kettle black. one day monkey go go market, e no go return ooo
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by aryzgreat: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
imagine losing a note of N5000? no be mad person go mad? u enter bus and give conductor N5000 note for a N100 t fair, no be fyt u invite? mallam Sanusi ur time is up!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by mejai(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
I have a dream........ 1 million naira note = 1 dollar. Den we shall be carryin money like cotonou people(CFA). Occupy CBN. Sanusi must go!!!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Rhino5dm: 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2012

^
One cup of garri will be sold at 5000 Naira. shocked

sessydoo:

Hey Rhino I agree wt you that Soludo is a thief but Lamido is a worse criminal dat sold those banks to his cronies at takeaway price. released their collateral and still allowed other fellow thieves like erastus to be walkin arnd free bc of godfatherism. naija, a nation of pot calling kettle black. one day monkey go go market, e no go return ooo

^
Bros, na dog eat dog regime we dey. Government of the crooks by the crooks and for the crooks.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
Although I love the introduction of the N5000 Note, I do not welcome the conversion of notes to coins. Nigerians hate coins. Infact, goldsmiths convert all our coins to wares. When was the last time Mallam Sanusi used coins?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet The Top Nigerian Instagram Entrepreneurs / Tony Elumelu Steps Out With Wife As They Attends 2019 UBA CEO Award / Who Is The Richest Between Aliko Dangote And David Beckhamp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.