Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note (32401 Views)

CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors / CBN To Punish Landlords & Schools That Ask For Dollars / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by BOT4WHAT: 10:07am On Aug 24, 2012
Nigerians must rise up again! FG has drawn another battle line between herself and the helpless public, this is going to be another showdown between the Israelites(Nigerians) and Pharaoh(GEJ). But why? why?? why why is this government so callous and inhumane? Do we even need #5000 note at all especially in a Country where money laundering, looting and corruption is the order of the day? The worst thing that will ever befall the poor masses is to allow this government to implement this anti people policy again. They want to convert #5, #10 & #20 to coins...Oh my God!!! I don't want to start mentioning the implications this wrong policy will have on us all if we ever allow it to stand. My people, now the trumpet summons us again, not a call to bear arms though armed we are; not a call to battle, though embattled we be, but a call to fight this SATANIC AGENT called GOODLUCK, sent to Nigeria to torment us and destroy our the works of our fore fathers....ARISE NIGERIANSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!1

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by azyaq(m): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2012
Get coffin ready becos it is true and confirm! bgam grin shocked grin
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by konami001: 10:21am On Aug 24, 2012
hahahaha... this will make it very easy to carry big money.... Will they even need ghana must go bags again? I think the smallest ghana must go bags will suffice to carry better millions...
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by yemmy19(m): 10:21am On Aug 24, 2012
Sanusi Lamido A̶̲̥̅ mad man
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by yohannazack(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2012
Lol! Another face of wahala in nigeria. The bible says and i quote 'my pple perish becus they lack knwledge Hosea 4:6' also, the bible says ' he who lack wisdom shuld ask frm d Lord James 1:5'. Wat do u xpect when sombody who studied an unconventional discipline called islamic study frm Khartun in Sudan is made to be in charge of a conventional affair like economy? Xpect disaster if u ask me. I pity those of u who shower encomium on sanusi to the xtent of comparin him wit soludo. Nigeria is goin to xperience the wors inflation in the whole world even worse than dat of Zimbabuwe. Nigerians shuld be ready to use their blood fo survival. God wil deliva us in dis country.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vickspider(f): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2012
How can one so intelligent try to implement something so stupid and to the detriment of the people of Nigeria....now i understand d hype about '2012'....look whats going on around the world....God help us oooo
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by hyman4real07: 10:30am On Aug 24, 2012
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA SHOULD TALK ABOUT IMORTALIZING OJUKWU WHO IS A GRAET ACHIEVER BY USING HIS HEAD ON THE N5000 NOTE INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO FAVOUR IN THE NAME OF POLITICS.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by estyvino(m): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2012
Sanusi I know this is the decision of board member, BUT the decision to some extent is not beneficial to the economy. However, I only disagree of your decision to make #20 coin. This is not acceptable, seek public opinion and you will see the unanimous agreement on this.

And remember if you do not introduce an avenue in which coin can be useful, then it is useless, what I mean is like having a pay phone on the street where one may slot in coin and make call, as well as soft dispenser, etc.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by hyman4real07: 10:33am On Aug 24, 2012
THIS IS IT

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by truetalk4ever: 10:37am On Aug 24, 2012
This country is turning to something else, Nigerians must raise up and say no to all this anti people policy, the coins that where introduce earlier are not no longer in existence, why introduce N5, N10, N20 coins and N5000 note, even the N1000 note is generating issues, I believe any government that do not listen to the people that it govern, is anti people and only solution to this for well meaning Nigerians to raise up and say no to all this anti people policy.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by yahyus(m): 10:48am On Aug 24, 2012
hyman4real07: CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA SHOULD TALK ABOUT IMORTALIZING OJUKWU WHO IS A GRAET ACHIEVER BY USING HIS HEAD ON THE N5000 NOTE INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO FAVOUR IN THE NAME OF POLITICS.

Ojukwu (R.I.P) may be great achiever to biafra and the igbos, but to Nigeria (As a country), he is traitor she has ever seen. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by wyvilleinc: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2012
ANY-PEN :
He should be able to explain to Nigerians why he has to take this very scary step nah. You can't just wake up & say you wanna make N5000 note & turn N20 to coin nah. I don't see any reason for the change.
He kukuma gave some yeye intangible reasons that :
It is the same amount of money to print all notes
It is also the same amount of money to move bullions of all denominations
And again that cuntries like Germany and Singapure have even 10,000 note and it doesn't worsen their economy.
to me those are not genuine enough reasons.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by yohannazack(m): 11:09am On Aug 24, 2012
Rhino, if u are callin soludo a thief, wat wil call sanusi? Tel me abut one of sanusi's policies dat has and is to beta our lives and i tell u many of soludo's.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by employer22: 11:14am On Aug 24, 2012
For persons with average means. http:///O8adUz.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 24, 2012
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by dont8(m): 11:40am On Aug 24, 2012
God have mercy on your soul when you loose one note!
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 24, 2012
Abokis want to kill and Divide Nigeria, let it happen cool
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2012
hyman4real07: THIS IS IT

grin
hyman4real07: THIS IS IT
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by eprynce(m): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2012
Who says Sanusi is a scholar? Who says he's on course to restore Nigeria's financial system? Well, I've never trusted this guy's judgement. Every financial policy Sanusi has brought forth is trounced by simple economics and logic. OMG! Haven't we got better administrators in Nigeria?

Here is how it will pan out:

1) Every single item the is sold in denominations of N5, N10 and N20 will sell for N50.
2) For items like 'pure water', and other low-cost sachet products, producers will have to stop producing N5, N10, N20 packages and re- package to minimum of N50.
3) Fares that cost N20, N30, N40 would become N50, those for N60, N70, N80 would become N100 etc
4) Among other things, the aim of the cashlight or cashless economy is defeated, since anyone can then easily carry a million naira(in multiples of N5000) without any qualms.
5) Bribery and corruption just become easier! We still have Ghana-must-go bags in the market, mind you.

Soludo came up with a brilliant idea to shore up the value of our bastardized naira and was fired for it! Sanusi has come up with this strangulating policy, what will happen now? Will GEJ let him see it through?

A better idea (considering that we don't spend coins in Nigeria (an attitudinal challenge we haven't been able to overcome so far), would have been to re-introduce the lower denominations (currently in coins) in paper forms, as someone mentioned earlier and allow the system to re-adjust itself (evidently downwards which will translate to better value for money).

This is a no-brainer! Even without studying economics, I still know this for a fact. Someone's got to stop Sanusi!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Olaone1: 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2012
High denomination currency and its negative impact on the nation's economy:

It weakens formal economy and encourages parallel economy.
It encourages tax evasion.
It enables corruption.
It encourages non-traceable transactions. E.g. funding of terror plots - a social security risk.
It has adverse effects on banking system.
It slows GDP growth.
It affects capital formation.
It leads to poor credit and high import costs.
It makes trading uncompetitive and capital expensive.
It increases fake currency in the nation's economy. It costs more than #10 to print a fake #10 note. It costs more than #20 to print a fake #20 note. However, it is very profitable print fake #5000 notes.

In Britain, the highest denomination is 50 pounds sterling and many Britons, if not most, have never seen it. And, this is an economy with 40, 000 dollars income per head.

Country -- Per Capita Income [A] --- HighestDenomination[B] --- A÷B

USA ----- --- $48,000 ------- $100 ------- 480

UK ---------- £ 40,000 ---------- £ 50 --- 800

Japan -------------- ¥ 40,00,000 --------- ¥10,000 ----400

NIGERIA ---------- #439, 680 ----------- #5,000 --------88

The main benefit of high denomination currency is that it makes transactions involving large amounts easy.

more about high denomination currency:
http://www.arthakranti.org/analysis/economic-reality/effects-of-taxation-system-and-high-denomination-currency

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by eprynce(m): 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
Well, this is what you get when you have in-box thinkers occupying big offices! In modern times, countries develop by enacting policies and laws that reflect the reality of it's people and developmental phase. There's no way Nigeria can develop with the kind of policies these unreasonable occupiers of offices in Nigeria keep churning out! And then before you know it, the next CBN governor will come and introduce N10,000 note to 'correct' Sanusi's error and so on until we surpass Robert Mugabe's Zimbabwe.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Frenchkiss(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2012
And why is the retardeen still mute on this?
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by siddiq202(m): 12:49pm On Aug 24, 2012
Ukwu_Nnu:
Ife eji chu aja ka i'bu.
can someone translate this for me please
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by galadima77(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2012
we r so gullible...wateva dey dish out, we swallow...hook, line and sinker. We never revolt against anyth and dats y dey'd continue to suppress oppress and deface wateva is left of our glimpse of hope and comfort.
Irrespective of tribe or region....our present and immediate past leaders av failed dis nation and i shall continue to see ntn good in all of dem.
May God rescue us frm dese present evils called leaders. And i pray d future becomes better for our children, hence posterity wld curse us as we do to d past n present.
Long live one Nigeria and God bless d honest ones....amen.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Ezedon(m): 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2012
which way Nigeria, how can common man survive this, all this devil incarnates that call themselves our leaders re not really helping matters, they re only after their own pockets, but one thing i know is that GOD MUST SURELY PAY THEM BACK
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by AroOkigbo(m): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2012
can someone translate this for me please [/quote]

No be for my mouth you go hear say pastor mama na witch.
Anyway, let me help you (but no talk say na me translate am o!!)

Ife= something
eji= used for
chu aja= sacrifice
ka= is
i'bu= what you are

Now translate it for others to understand
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by juman(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
Government should not be desperate to introduce another bank note.

I think turning N5, N10 and N20 to coins would be a bad move.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by GalaxyBlends(f): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2012
souldust: the three women are ok in my opinion instead of the eze wuruwuru that the igbo ethnocentric schuvinists are suggesting.
Bastard Son Of A Thousand Fathers!!
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by aryzgreat: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
apocalypse:

How would you feel if I said that about your mother , stay off insulting people's mother

U are a fat F00L! so Late Ojukwu and ndigbo he insulted are animals? U don't have regard for a grandfather and a dead man and an ethnic group but u want me to clap for her mother? Think about that. undecided

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by jobaskia(m): 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2012
our purchasing power will now be completely eroded. That is the final answer
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by manny4life(m): 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
Yall should enjoy the FRESH AIR... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet The Top Nigerian Instagram Entrepreneurs / Tony Elumelu Steps Out With Wife As They Attends 2019 UBA CEO Award / Who Is The Richest Between Aliko Dangote And David Beckhamp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.