Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,603 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note (32400 Views)

CBN To Publish Names Of Bank Debtors / CBN To Punish Landlords & Schools That Ask For Dollars / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
Imagine a conductor carrying coins
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Korrection(m): 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
WHY ARE ALL MALLAMS RUINING THIS COUNTRY?
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vanbonattel: 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
souldust: the three women are ok in my opinion instead of the eze wuruwuru that the igbo ethnocentric schuvinists are suggesting.

ojukwu head should be on the note, brave dude
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2012
Nigerian government is senseless,they now want to do the real money trafficking made easy,what is my Biafra waiting for.this country(Nigeria) disgusts me.Go and learn from Ghana shameless rulers
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by femliany(m): 10:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
Misplaced priority she na the next thing be this?
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by jamil2(m): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Jonathon should be first to answer why cbn introduce the stuff in question because without FG concept I don't believe this innitiative will work but to my suprise most of the comments that have been posted centred to the cbn governor as if he could do on his own without consulting the officials ahead of him. However all I can say goodluck to the looters for having the second chance of parking the masses wealth.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vanbonattel: 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
aryzgreat: I dont know wot GEJ is waiting for to sack dis mad mallam At CBN headquarter, imagine buying pure water for N50? dont expect any trader to collect N10 coins from u, this will sky rocket the price of goods in d market by thousands of %, Sanusi should pack his load and go, Ghana have re-denominated their currency since after soludo suggested it to OBj but naija tribal/religious politics would not allow us do d ryt thing. Can't wait for this fake con3 to balkanize, let progressives do their thing and let laggers keep lagging angry

trouble is, your input in this country will be weighed with your ethnic origin befre acceptance. sanusi crashed 5 banks just to level the playing field and stop some people from getting too rich grin grin grin
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by DonHummer(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2012
Trying to imagine wat it would look lyk wen someone gives a conductor N5000 note for a N50 T.fare
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vanbonattel: 10:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
femliany: Misplaced priority she na the next thing be this?

and in 2 years time the mad man will be introducing 1oooo note, we are surely getting to zimbabwe my people
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by phreakabit(m): 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
Na now Ghana must go things go come dey sweet. Senate, Reps,Federal, State and local Govt go dey jubilation mode by now. . . . Ah, make I no forget NLC self.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vanbonattel: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2012
jamil!:
Jonathon should be first to answer why cbn introduce the stuff in question because without FG concept I don't believe this innitiative will work but to my suprise most of the comments that have been posted centred to the cbn governor as if he could do on his own without consulting the officials ahead of him. However all I can say goodluck to the looters for having the second chance of parking the masses wealth.

i prefer the mallam to explain, why should goat teeth decay when its the dog that eats feaces?
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by phreakabit(m): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
van bonattel:

i prefer the mallam to explain, why should goat teeth decay when its the dog that eats feaces?

Correct yarns.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by itsme2(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
Haba! 5000naira note? Mr Mallam shanushi! E no gud o!... Buh seriously, i rili dnt want to jump on the 'insultDmallam' bandwagon. Am seriously hoping he comes out to dismiss ds info - probably as some august joke sha!. What d heck is wrong wit ds country?, as usual ppl re coming up wit various countries wit higher denominations in print i.e Japan or whicheva country dem call am, but ds is Nigeria 4 fr!ggin sake! D consequences r beta left unimagined.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by born2boink(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
Charles Soludo my man and Mallam Sanusi my enemy, you will nevver be forgiven,your ladder of glory will fall sooon except Jesus is sleeping, after crashing my fix deposit, you makes bankers lossing jobs week by week andd you nevver quit ruining this economy,your families are bombing christian in the north, your are bombing the economy from the top while your people are trying to overthrow GEJ and place another mallam on aso roccck, an attempt will finish an entire Hausa because mallams are enemy of this nation, GEJ will rule even if it remain one living soul in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by playmode(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Just another move to further perfect their looting skills.Imagine how easy it will be for Jonathan and his corrupt cronies to smuggle 1 million Naira in N5000 denomination inside their agbadas.I am so glad i have renounced my citizenship of this useless never progressing country.I am waiting for Nigeria split so i can claim my Odua nationalty instead.Nigeria is not worth fighting for because over 80% of it's people are dumb like Jonathan.Welcome to monkey's paradise where anarchy,corruption , stupidity, nepotism e.t.c is their motto.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by crackhouse(m): 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
souldust: the three women are ok in my opinion instead of the eze wuruwuru that the igbo ethnocentric schuvinists are suggesting.
hmm, some people sef.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by dustydee: 10:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
On the GEJ achievement thread, someone claimed that he removed check points from our roads as if he is the IGP and now they are blaming "mallam" for this action.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Bidex3x5(m): 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
I heard dat..there wil b a bokoharam sign at d back of the moni...

The limit of thièf go cum increase
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by BlackBaron: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
aryzgreat: imagine losing a note of N5000? no be mad person go mad? u enter bus and give conductor N5000 note for a N100 t fair, no be fyt u invite? mallam Sanusi ur time is up!

That conductor would simply say no change. Eventually praying fervently you forget your change.
grin
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
Looting made easy.

If u advocating for cashless society then waz the essence of 5k note??

To add salt to injury.u plan to convert notes to coins. Have they recovered frm the last expenses on those irons. This wont work,sanusi is too theoritical,am nt expert in economic policies buh in applyin concept u also consider what is on ground,the system involved. Nt jst sitting in the office adding one to two and dishin it out for nigerias,walayi! Nigerians don suffer no be small!!
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by EyesWideOpen(m): 10:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
I used to think Mallam is the best thing since sliced bread. A heaven sent messiah of sort, who'll save Nigeria 4rm doom. Hmmm!
I can never understand this stupid policy. #5000 note? Oh pls, som1 shud talk sense into Sunusi, he's getting power-drunk-insane!
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by ballabriggs: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
The 5000 naira youhave today when you deflate and put it in real economic prices may be equal to the 1000 naira of 2005.

So what is the whole hullabaloo for. I'm yet to see any sound economic argument against the plan.

What I see is road side argument.

3 Likes

Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2012
Introducing N5,000 naira note, Cashless policy still romping. Are we going Backwards or what?
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by jamil2(m): 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
van bonattel:

Sir, check my post above it should be your answer.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Tonitelli: 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Oh this just reminded me of the LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD Story.

The Average Nigerian is Little Red Riding Hood and the FG is. . .well you guesed it - The BIG BAD WOLF!!

Little Red Riding Hood - Oh my! FG, What BIG bill this is!! shocked shocked

Big Bad - Why. . .All the better to steal more from you with less hassle!!! cool cool

Anyway, this doesn't come as a suprise. . .the whole Ghana Must Go bag thingy was sooooo outdated!! Why they still haven't considered wire transfers to offshore accounts is beyond me. All the tackiness of stuffing money down your pants really doesn't speak well for the fund stealers in the Govt undecided
Caps my dear....caps..not pants....we've progressed...
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by ibsmooth: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
manny4life: LOL...

The people suffer when you have a cattle rearer as CEO of Nigeria's Largest bank.
can't u just condem in its simplest form rather than using the cattle rearer.your N100,N200,N500 and N1,000 was introduced by a cattle rearer CEO and president I believe.This manny4life,u re something else.Sanusi cannot introduce 5,000 notes without the approval of mr president.In my opinion I think its wrong to introduce it and stop being sectional young chap
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by Chokolutus: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
This malam no get better thing to offer nigerian.
This is a man who who donate millions of naira to his brother boko haram and tell us is line with CBN police.
In the history of CBN which govnor do that .
he said we are not poor but still push for borow money.
Naira value is going down on daily cus of lack of better policy to salvage it.
He encourage fraud in payment of subsidy to thief ole onyochi,barawo marketer .
it is high time for him to go to desert to posue nama before he finish our economic .
if he reason well why did he intoduce cashless wen he new that is about intoducing N5k.
Omo ole another easy way for money laundry.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vanbonattel: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
ballabriggs: The 5000 naira youhave today when you deflate and put it in real economic prices may be equal to the 1000 naira of 2005.

So what is the whole hullabaloo for. I'm yet to see any sound economic argument against the plan.

and you support the inflation? may some insect fly into your nose tongue
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by vanbonattel: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
HQ: Introducing N5,000 naira note, Cashless policy still romping. Are we going Backwards or what?

1 step foward 2 steps backwards
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by ballabriggs: 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
van bonattel:

and you support the inflation? may some insect fly into your nose tongue

What the hell are you saying? You better go to bed and stop exposing your ignorance.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by manny4life(m): 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
ballabriggs: The 5000 naira youhave today when you deflate and put it in real economic prices may be equal to the 1000 naira of 2005.

coming from someone who claims a bank risk manager performs macroeconomic analysis, I'm def not surprised. Perhaps, you can further expand your theory, I really wanna learn.
Re: CBN To Introduce N5,000 Note by jamil2(m): 10:50pm On Aug 23, 2012
dustydee: On the GEJ achievement thread, someone claimed that he removed check points from our roads as if he is the IGP and now they are blaming "mallam" for this action.
Help me and remind them only good things they used to attiributed to the jonathon but failure . . . . That's how die hard ebele fans used to be all the time and however, who is the number citizen to the federation and has a final say?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet The Top Nigerian Instagram Entrepreneurs / Tony Elumelu Steps Out With Wife As They Attends 2019 UBA CEO Award / Who Is The Richest Between Aliko Dangote And David Beckhamp?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.