Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him (6853 Views)

How Do I Tell Him Without Hurting Him / How Do I Tell Him Widawt Hurting Him / See What 26 Year Old Woman With 4 Kids From Different Men Expects From A Suitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by goldenoc(f): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2005
What is the best way to tell a guy that you don't want him? Please, my people, help me!

There is this guy who has been disturbing me for "friendship". Really, l know that this guy loves me, but l don't even like him, not to talk of love. l have told him that l can't leave my beloved guy because of him yet he won't let me be.

Please help me. l don't want to hurt this guy. At the same time, l can't have him as my friend. l need immediate reply to start the practical.

Guys you know how l will do this successfully? Like l said l don't want to hurt this guy.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by nike4luv(f): 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2005
O yeah. I need help too; same problem. sad
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by oluwizard(m): 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2005
Please tell him you are in love with somebody and you don't want to break your promise to your guy. Tell him to put everything in the hand of God. Tell him that God knows the best.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by Chxta(m): 9:14pm On Jul 30, 2005
What?

[Just] let him be. As time goes on, he'll realise that you are not for him, or you'll realise that you're his. Two way thing dearie.

But if you go outright to break his heart, you might be throwing away something great!
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by kazey(m): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2005
Sit him down, and talk to him gently about your position, and why it wouldnt work out. The approach and the tone you use would make him understand, and sympatise with you. It is a predicament, let him know that smiley.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by nike4luv(f): 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2005
That would totally break his heart ... some men don't understand you know.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by Seun(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2005
nike4luv, have you noticed that oluwizard, Chxta, and kazey are male? Don't you think ladies ought to listen when men are talking about the way men see things?
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by nike4luv(f): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2005
yea..but men are different
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by tcherokee(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2005
I've been in that position before, the girl i was "toasting" had a boyfriend that she was going out with, but the guy was in kogi and we were both in abeokuta. Then she sat me down explained her position to me, that she didn't want to cheat on her guy or break his heart because so far he hadn't done anything wrong. But when a guy really wants something he will do almost anything to get that thing I'm afraid embarassed. asked her out for over a year before she finally agreed to go out with me wink (breaking up with her guy in the process).
Anyway what i'm trying to say is that if you sit him down to discuss it, you won't break his heart but it is likely he won't relent in his efforts especially if he feels he is in love with you or he feels he has to have you but if you are blunt and just tell him that you don't want him, u may break his heart but at least he may not disturb u anymore.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by kazey(m): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2005
If he is in love for real, then he deserves the one year evalution by the lady. Any guy that can be patient for that long, must be worth trying out. Dont you agree ladies, especially when your current guy isnt that caring as he is supposed to be?
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by shockreaction(m): 12:28am On Aug 01, 2005
Lol. Simply, not, possible.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by Seun(m): 12:41am On Aug 01, 2005
Let's face it, ladies, if you're not married to your current boyfriend then there's no need to say an outright "no" to other "toasters". Afterall, if you're not yet married, then anything can happen!

Let's learn to use common sense to govern our "love lives"!
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by goldenoc(f): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2005
Ladies and Gentlemen l have not catch anythingoooooooooooooooo
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by angelak(f): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2005
Goldenoc, you don't have a problem. You said you don't like this guy, then just tell him off? Don't be deceived, that guy might not even love you, he just wants to get into your pants and clear his head about the fantasy's he has about you.

His just infatuated with the fact that he hasn't had you. please just tell him off or before you know it he will warm his way into your heart and you might end up losing the guy you really love. Men are very corny! Beware!
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by nike4luv(f): 11:40am On Aug 01, 2005
yea..
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by hotangel2(f): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2005
Hello is it just me or is this a small problem?

Call the guy and tel him you wanna have dinner/lunch/breakfast or wateva with him. Tell him kindly that you have a man in your life now, and you wouldn't wanna break your man's heart (make it ring to his ear that You have a "man").

If after that, he is still stalking you... Disgrace him in public. Call him an ass---hole. Just tell him off, don't answer his calls and oh me gosh, Why do we watch movies So many methods we get from movies. smiley

Seriously i hate it when a guy keep pestering a ladies life after she says "NO".
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by tcherokee(m): 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2005
hot angel have u heard the theory that when a girl says no she really means yes. if this guy has made up his mind to date her by all costs, all what u've said above won't work. There are a lot of guys |(myself not included smiley ) who don't feel the public disgrace is anything. they even feel it will earn them the support of the populace that he is "for real" and that u should give him a chance and lets admit the truth if a guy is dat persistent after some time u may find urself building up an admiration for his tenancy(and that can lead to anything, even a "trial" relationship).
Me thinks she will be better off avoiding the guy and when she runs into him, be standoffish and probably answer in monosyllabules or just ignore him (that usually hurts). inviting to dinner or anything like that, it will give him "ideas".
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by hotangel2(f): 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2005
Guys make me sick..anyways it's all good. wink
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by TaliTali(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2005
I understand goldenoc that the problem is you don't want to hurt him but you must turn his request down. So, if you tell him you already have some other person in your life you love and he persist, stick to words but never twist your face on him. Make your lover be aware of this situation to always understand you whenever this guy hangs around you in the public. No matter what, he must come to relax else he will make a complete fool of himself.

Thank you
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by goldenoc(f): 9:15am On Aug 02, 2005
Already my guy is aware, l told him about the situation. You know guys now, he wasn't happy over the hole thing. He is depending on me to do something about the situation.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by kazey(m): 9:54am On Aug 02, 2005
Lol you are funny sha. You expect the guy, to be happy? grin

Well since he expects you to do something about it. Just play it cool with him. Just be friends. wink
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by nike4luv(f): 10:20am On Aug 02, 2005
o wel
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by diakim(m): 10:47am On Aug 02, 2005
Work it out so that he and your boyfriend meets each other. Then in a way that will make him look stupid while making your boyfriend look great, introduce your boyfriend to him. That will do it, unless he is a born-loser cool
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by oluwizard(m): 11:21am On Aug 02, 2005
diakim:

Work it out so that he and your boyfriend meets each other. Then in a way that will make him look stupid while making your boyfriend look great, introduce your boyfriend to him. That will do it, unless he is a born-loser cool

Good try it, make them friends if posible smiley smiley
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by TaliTali(m): 12:27pm On Aug 02, 2005
What I fear here diakim is that there may be a spake caused by the tension in the suitor. One thing too is pride. So watch out sister goldenoc
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by twinkledew(f): 1:29pm On Aug 02, 2005
just keep on giving him excuses. but good one. dont say i am not interested. they keep on coming back.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by TaliTali(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2005
My goodness! formulars to solve this problem are not yet enough. come on people! contribute more.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by hotangel2(f): 12:37am On Aug 05, 2005
Uhmm, why not try to like uhmm...Reject him and let him worry about his feelings. someone has to be hurt as long as the word "Rejection" is in a matter.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by TaliTali(m): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2005
Why even reject a person that cars about you? Better love him in a hidding, eventhough he most need to make it exposed to show the public that he owns you. I think that is better.
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by CimonJorr(m): 2:01am On Aug 06, 2005
Is this supposed to be a "Guide to Nailing"?? [or as we used to say back in the day.. giving 'isho'.. or throwing 'Javelin' ]
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by CimonJorr(m): 2:09am On Aug 06, 2005
Well..

On to the topic..
I don't know why people like complicating matters.. If u already had a man, why then raise the poor boys hopes in the first instance.. He wouldn't be on your case like this if u hadn't given him "green-light" or something.. tongue

The simple solution is to arrange to meet him up at a joint somewhere.. [some where posh and exclusive, where he can't cause a scene.. or would be too ashamed to even try causing one..], and then arrive there with your man.. Let your man host everyone for a meal, and then leave with your man.. I'm sure he'll get the message, unless he's a block-head... wink

To recall a similar situation a long time ago, I was with a girl I was dating then, when this guy calls her, and from her tone, she was definitely not receptive to the guys call [I don't know if it was because I was there or not, because I querried her later on how the guy even got her number in the first instance.. ]

Anyways, she tells the guy that she was with her "husband"??.. and hands the phone over to me.. I then ask the guy who he was and what his business was with her.. the guy ends up stammering, claiming that he was calling from her office.. [which we had just left.. cheesy].. I then offer to come back to the office, if it's an emergency.. the guy declines, saying not at all.. I then tell the guy that I'm familiar with everyone in that office, and I don't recollect ever having met him.. he then drops the phone on me.. [I guess, out of fright at being caught-out or something..  grin]

Suffice it to say that he never called her again [to the best of my knowledge.. as you know you can never know.. girls can be funny..   wink]
Re: To Reject A Suitor Without Hurting Him by smartsoft(m): 2:13am On Aug 06, 2005
nah them they cause  am. oh.. at the first instance when the guy ask for your number i'm sure she did give it out to him.. she brought that to her self. and to the guy heheh the guy knows what he wants and beside ..most girls now got boyfriends so.. what is hel ooking for.. People don't really know what is called relationship anyway will advice u better send him parking. before your real guy get all the text  msgs  the other guy has been sending to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Has Cough And Expects Me Not To Mind Kissing Her / Are Black Men The Most Handsome Men In The World / Latest Picture Of Nairaland owner : Seun..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.