Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

In Defence Of Logicboy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Defence Of Logicboy (14273 Views)

Logicboy's Successes And Failures On Nairaland! / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
vedaxcool: Cough excuse my comment but why the humiliation? Why the disgrace? This is totally unchristian! This is the persecuetion paul complained about! This is the injustice Osama fought against lol grin grin grin grin but why are u like this Ihenoibi (sorry if I mispel u name) don't u know mcdaddy hire Ruben Abati sorry the OP to lauder his image, now u have destroyed his progress, exposing mcdaddy's limited knowledge in biology etc.

Pls desist from such campaigns of humiliation, and making a fool of mcdaaddy, this thread is to burnish his image . . . grin grin on the contrary, I am enjoying the show! Grabs popcorn . . . cool

Vedaxcool? How could you not have faith me? After the Tbaba odd and even Surah Miracles, you still doubt my mathematical skills?

I debunked Mr Anony;

MacDaddy01:

Your mathematical model fails.

1) A geometric progression can not be used. 2^10 = 1064. The smallest common ratio will give you 1064 people in 10-11 years. How is that possible?

2)A geometric progression also fails because no outsider is coming to mate. Everyone is from the same family. The progression is too slow to be geometric.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by vedaxcool(m): 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
Epic Fail from mcdaddy, u for once confessed to your own mediocrity in science apart from that u refutation is lies divided by lies multiplied by lies equally lies lies lies, u failed thaba now u have failed annony, u could not even fault what his model what u did is provide your own model and say epic fail and that shows how an EPIC FAILURE u thread has become fire ur publicist and hire someone with experience in propaganda, I mean getting slapped in your own thread is the hieght of incompetence u or ur publicist have showed.

Suggestion restrategize and get a new publicist, u attempt have thus so far been chaotic!
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2012
vedaxcool: Epic Fail from mcdaddy, u for once confessed to your own mediocrity in science apart from that u refutation is lies divided by lies multiplied by lies equally lies lies lies, u failed thaba now u have failed annony, u could not even fault what his model what u did is provide your own model and say epic fail and that shows how an EPIC FAILURE u thread has become fire ur publicist and hire someone with experience in propaganda, I mean getting slapped in your own thread is the hieght of incompetence u or ur publicist have showed.

Suggestion restrategize and get a new publicist, u attempt have thus so far been chaotic!

Wow...you are so full of hate. Calm down. Go eat a pork sandwich
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MrAnony1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Your mathematical model fails.
Oh my God! Macdaddy please stop for your sake, you ignorance is showing.

1) A geometric progression can not be used. 2^10 = 1064. The smallest common ratio will give you 1064 people in 10-11 years. How is that possible?
For this to happen, human beings must grow up to maturity and have children within a year each time.

2)A geometric progression also fails because no outsider is coming to mate. Everyone is from the same family. The progression is too slow to be geometric.
Yeah, everyone is from the same family but I'd like you to note that the family bonds get thinner and thinner as the tree progresses. . . . .also, I have never knew that speed had anything to do with it. (perhaps you have a new theory of speed in progression that you may want to share?)

I am sorry that I have to say this but you are appearing dumber and dumber as this thread progresses

. . . . . .Can someone please be so nice as to tell macdaddy that that a genealogy chart is in the shape of a pyramid with the offsprings at the base and the ancestors at the top?!

2 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MrAnony1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Vedaxcool? How could you not have faith me? After the Tbaba odd and even Surah Miracles, you still doubt my mathematical skills?

I debunked Mr Anony;

MacDaddy01:

You were waiting for your bros to come and debunk me?

I debunked him

Oh my God! You really are ignorant. And your continued chanting of "debunked" is making you look even sillier

3 Likes

Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by vedaxcool(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Wow...you are so full of hate. Calm down. Go eat a pork sandwich

EPIC FAIL, . . ., calm down? Really the beating u are receiving has resulted in u begging for calm, yet we are calm, but flogging with whips of wisdom . . . Pls guys mcdaddy begging for calm, I think u guys should calm it, . . . Pls don't . . . I enjoy seeing gim beg for mercy . . . To think atheist are proud and arrogant yet this atheist is prostrating and humbled . . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2012
vedaxcool:

EPIC FAIL, . . ., calm down? Really the beating u are receiving has resulted in u begging for calm, yet we are calm, but flogging with whips of wisdom . . . Pls guys mcdaddy begging for calm, I think u guys should calm it, . . . Pls don't . . . I enjoy seeing gim beg for mercy . . . To think atheist are proud and arrogant yet this atheist is prostrating and humbled . . . grin grin grin grin grin

Troll harder grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

For this to happen, human beings must grow up to maturity and have children within a year each time.

Yeah, everyone is from the same family but I'd like you to note that the family bonds get thinner and thinner as the tree progresses. . . . .also, I have never knew that speed had anything to do with it. (perhaps you have a new theory of speed in progression that you may want to share?)

I am sorry that I have to say this but you are appearing dumber and dumber as this thread progresses

. . . . . .Can someone please be so nice as to tell macdaddy that that a genealogy chart is in the shape of a pyramid with the offsprings at the base and the ancestors at the top?!

?? ??

Dont think that because you have two people supporting you that you are right. You used a geometric progression which fails.

The lowest common ratio that one can use is 2. 2^10 is = 1064. 11 years and a family would have 1064 people. You are wrong.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

If I tell you as I de de laff for hia, you no go believe am. Laff seriously wan kill me for hia. Logicboy de teach maths, if you catch am where him fall hands him go start de talk say na only basic maths him sabi. D guy de try form wily.

Logicboy, go make thehomer teach you how to snake when dem catch you, ehn. Lol
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by vedaxcool(m): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Troll harder grin grin

EPIC FAIL . . . grin grin grin
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I'll show you what I mean: Assuming there are 2 original people and they have 4 kids (2 boys and 2 girls) those 4 now marry and have 4 kids each, now you have 2 couples with 4 children each, total of 8 children etc etc.
The sequence actually looks more like 2,4,8,16......... i.e 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4..............(2^n)
(Note that this is a very conservative assumption and I think it sort of cancels out and balances between those who have many offspring and those who have few/none)

Now let us say a 100 years = 1 generation (this is also very conservative estimate because within a hundred years, we can see three generations).

therefore 1st generation = 2^1, 2nd generation = 2^2 and on. The nth generation = 6000/100 that gives us 60 generations from Adam(with our 100yr per generation estimate)

The human population of the earth based on this calculation should be equal to 2^60 =1.153x10^18 i.e. it should be approximately 1,153,000,000,000,000,000,
(1.15 quintillion people)

Anony fails. 2^10 = 1064.

10 years or 2 generations can not give you 1064 people. ow many people in your family from 2 generations?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ihedinobi:

If I tell you as I de de laff for hia, you no go believe am. Laff seriously wan kill me for hia. Logicboy de teach maths, if you catch am where him fall hands him go start de talk say na only basic maths him sabi. D guy de try form wily.

Logicboy, go make thehomer teach you how to snake when dem catch you, ehn. Lol

Just because you theists support each other?

You people fail to see the simple error in Anony's calculations
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2012
Furthermore, my calculations are basic with a basic set of assumptions. The assumptions were reasonable.

I used a simple arithmetic progression.

Assumptions
-each generation adds 20 more people
-6000 years therefore the 6000th term (ignoring gestation periods and generation gaps)
-Starting with a family of 10
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MrAnony1(m): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Anony fails. 2^10 = 1064.

10 years or 2 generations can not give you 1064 people. ow many people in your family from 2 generations?
Oh my God, where is your brain?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Oh my God, where is your brain?

Why are you dodging the problems with your calculations?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MrAnony1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Why are you dodging the problems with your calculations?
It is so sad that you really can't see your folly. That's what makes it so amusing
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:
It is so sad that you really can't see your folly. That's what makes it so amusing

Shut the hell up.

A geometric progression can not be used to calculate such but you used one. You are a real clown.

in the space of my grandma's lifetime (105) years my big family has not even reached a 1000.

A rough calculation;

100 years = 1000 people

6000 years = 600,000 people

The above rough calculation is to give a basic idea how 6000 years is a short time. Such a basic method is erroneous but it is a good rule of thumb.

Edited;
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MrAnony1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Shut the hell up.

A geometric progression can not be used to calculate such but you used one. You are a real clown.

in the space of my grandma's lifetime (105) years my big family has not even reached a 1000.

100 years = 1000 people

6000 years = 600,000 people
Lol, let me be nice one more time (sorry Ihedinobi)

100 year = 1000 people
over the next 100 years, those 1000 people had 2 offsprings each and died off.
so you now have 200yrs =2000 people.
these also have 2 offsprings each and die off over the next 100 years making it 4000 people
300 years= 4000 people.
These also have 2 offsprings each, now you have:
400yrs = 8000 people
The trend continues,
500yrs = 16000 people,
600yrs = 32,000 people
700yrs =64,000 people
800yrs = 128,000 ppl
900yrs = 256,000 ppl
1000yrs = 512,000 ppl
1100 years = 1.024 million people
.............and there are 49 more centuries to go. (notice I have used the very conservative assumption of 2 offsprings per parent).

If we follow this, by the time we get to 6,000 years, we will have roughly 115 quintillion people. (that's 115 with 18 zeroes following it)

P/s: I am being very nice by spelling this out to you like this. That is why Vedaxcool and Ihedinobi are laughing at you.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01: Furthermore, my calculations are basic with a basic set of assumptions. The assumptions were reasonable.

I used a simple arithmetic progression.

Assumptions
-each generation adds 20 more people
-6000 years therefore the 6000th term (ignoring gestation periods and generation gaps)
-Starting with a family of 10

Ok.

- Why assume that each generation adds 20 more people? What makes this assumption valid? Why can each generation not add 200 more people?

- Fine, but even this assumption needs validating.

- Why assume a family of ten? Why not assume a family of four?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

100 year = 1000 people
these also have 2 offsprings each and die off over the next 100 years making it 4000 people
300 years= 4000 people.
400yrs = 8000 people
The trend continues,
500yrs = 16000 people,
600yrs = 32,000 people
700yrs =64,000 people
800yrs = 128,000 ppl
900yrs = 256,000 ppl
1000yrs = 512,000 ppl
.............and there are 49 more centuries to go. (notice I have used the very conservative assumption of 2 offsprings per parent).

If we follow this, by the time we get to 6,000 years, we will have roughly 115 quintillion people. (that's 115 with 18 zeroes following it)

P/s: I am being very nice by spelling this out to you like this. That is why Vedaxcool and Ihedinobi are laughing at you.

Thank God! Allelujah! Anony has exposed himself to be a dummy.

First of all,

100 years is not equal to a 1000 people. Seeing as you are an old man, your father must be around 100 years. Has he and your mother produced up to 1000 offspring as the first parents? no. The most they will get to in 100 years would be very young great grandchildren. At most, over a 100 years, there will be not up to 100 direct descendants.

Secondly;

Remember that these people are the first people and so, there is no outside mating. They mate within themselves. Between the first 100 people. Assuming that the male to female ratio is 50/50, you have 50 couples with 2 children each will give you 100. Thats a total of 200 from hundred. The next total will be 300 people at the same rate
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

100 year = 1000 people
300 years= 4000 people.
400yrs = 8000 people
The trend continues,
500yrs = 16000 people,
600yrs = 32,000 people
700yrs =64,000 people
800yrs = 128,000 ppl
900yrs = 256,000 ppl
1000yrs = 512,000 ppl

I can't help but forgive you, you know that cheesy What's more, you're really helping out! If I weren't laughing so hard, I would have tried to show him the level of id.io.cy required to pursue his thinking pattern.

I just hope you understand the purpose to all this. In the midst of a lot of high-sounding talk, atheism makes itself sound incredibly rational, but tear things down to basics, and its foolishness just spills all over the place. Add to that the fact that Logicboy is Nairaland atheism's poster boy and you'll see why I call him "fool". It wasn't any more an insult than calling a man trained and certified in engineering an engineer.

A thread where he's celebrated as some sort of god of nairaland atheism is the most strategic place to show his ubiquitous ignorance and abounding irrationality.

I have no doubt that true science, while incredibly limited in containing all the true and accurate knowledge available about life, still cannot in what it does contain contradict the Bible. I don't have to make the Bible conform to science. My work is just to show that science can never be true unless it is founded on the Bible.

So many of our brethren were very instrumental in creating this body of knowledge we call science. So many of them still are. And I mean to join their ranks, by all means.

So when a fool comes along to try to confound the Bible by science falsely so called, I will gladly show him that his science is not science. I mean, did you see the id.io.tic assumptions that Logicboy made shocked?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Ok.

- Why assume that each generation adds 20 more people? What makes this assumption valid? Why can each generation not add 200 more people?

- Fine, but even this assumption needs validating.

- Why assume a family of ten? Why not assume a family of four?

Can you give birth to twenty children? can two daughters give birth to twenty children?

Each additional female child will bring in on average 2 to 4 female children. 4 female children x 4 female mothers = 16. 20 is a good estimate.

Family of 10 sounds good
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I can't help but forgive you, you know that cheesy What's more, you're really helping out! If I weren't laughing so hard, I would have tried to show him the level of id.io.cy required to pursue his thinking pattern.

I just hope you understand the purpose to all this. In the midst of a lot of high-sounding talk, atheism makes itself sound incredibly rational, but tear things down to basics, and its foolishness just spills all over the place. Add to that the fact that Logicboy is Nairaland atheism's poster boy and you'll see why I call him "fool". It wasn't any more an insult than calling a man trained and certified in engineering an engineer.

A thread where he's celebrated as some sort of god of nairaland atheism is the most strategic place to show his ubiquitous ignorance and abounding irrationality.

I have no doubt that true science, while incredibly limited in containing all the true and accurate knowledge available about life, still cannot in what it does contain contradict the Bible. I don't have to make the Bible conform to science. My work is just to show that science can never be true unless it is founded on the Bible.

So many of our brethren were very instrumental in creating this body of knowledge we call science. So many of them still are. And I mean to join their ranks, by all means.

So when a fool comes along to try to confound the Bible by science falsely so called, I will gladly show him that his science is not science. I mean, did you see the id.io.tic assumptions that Logicboy made shocked?

And why would you ignore my response to Anony's numbers?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Ptolomeus(m): 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2012
Go ...
If anything try this thread, is the huge popularity of Logicboy.
Apparently, Logicboy is the most famous participant of the forum ...
This is indicated by the posts who show so much hatred towards him ...
Only someone very famous can exasperate both believers ... eating a ham sandwich against an Islamist; laugh at sexual activities of Christian pastors, and even find erotic vein of a statue of the Virgin Mary.
Possibly this is due to the fame of Logicboy ...
I intend to start a collect money between all participants in the forum, and ergir a statue in his honor ... and ask the Vatican canonized him to be alive!

Saint Logicboy!

Alleluia!

My respects to all!
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2012
Ptolomeus: Go ...
If anything try this thread, is the huge popularity of Logicboy.
Apparently, Logicboy is the most famous participant of the forum ...
This is indicated by the posts who show so much hatred towards him ...
Only someone very famous can exasperate both believers ... eating a ham sandwich against an Islamist; laugh at sexual activities of Christian pastors, and even find erotic vein of a statue of the Virgin Mary.
Possibly this is due to the fame of Logicboy ...
I intend to start a collect money between all participants in the forum, and ergir a statue in his honor ... and ask the Vatican canonized him to be alive!

Saint Logicboy!

Alleluia!

My respects to all!

san logicboy! CREO!
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Ptolomeus(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2012
Church Logicboyana

Prayer to St. Logicboy

Oh Holy Logicboy you're at the right hand of God the Father;
You, who were sent by the Holy Spirit to enlighten us,
to illuminate our darkness of blind fanatics ...
You, idolized Logicboy that improving what Jesus did, you've made the fans think, you who have unmasked the false prophets who profit from the tithe ...
We glorify Logicboy ... and claim your hegemony in the realm of the heavens, on a higher plane than that of Jesus and Muhammad
Amen!
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Can you give birth to twenty children? can two daughters give birth to twenty children?

Each additional female child will bring in on average 2 to 4 female children. 4 female children x 4 female mothers = 16. 20 is a good estimate.

Family of 10 sounds good
Have no idea where this argument is headed but I'd like to contribute a little her. My grandmom had 12 kids over a 24 year period. Had to stop cause my dad(who is the first child) got frustrated and WARNED them to stop.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Ptolomeus(m): 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2012
My grandmother had a screen ...
and fried the potatoes in lard. Mhhh delight ...
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2012
musKeeto:
Have no idea where this argument is headed but I'd like to contribute a little her. My grandmom had 12 kids over a 24 year period. Had to stop cause my dad(who is the first child) got frustrated and WARNED them to stop.

Do you know the meaning of average?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

And why would you ignore my response to Anony's numbers?

Pardonez moi, good sir fool. I actually tried to get into your head. I saw your point which was that there had to be coupling. And that at the assumed rate of reproduction barring any outside marriages, the population couldn't grow so fast. That would have been valid but for the assumptions you made which informed the questions I asked you regarding genetics.

Your assumptions need validating. And your position in your penultimate post showed very flawed reasonings given both your responses to my questions on genetics and physical laws governing the universe and uncovered by science.

Because of the thermodynamic law of entropy, it makes no sense to assume either increased or sustained quality of genes from any first parents till the current days. So that it is foolishness to ask whether I can father twenty children in order to establish Adam's and Eve's fertility.

You yourself said that from one generation to the next it can be expected that the genetic quality and variation of a race would reduce as it perpetuated intra-marriage and reproduction. History proves this true.

Adam and Eve contained within themselves the full genetic information of the entire human race such that when they bore children, their genetic similarity would have been much less than exists today. Furthermore, they lived much longer lives and enjoyed much longer fertility periods than are known today that allowed them to keep producing offspring that could mingle maritally with members of other generations. In that sense, you could have a man marry two great aunts of his. This would produce a diagram more similar to a pyramid than to a vertical line.

It would allow the 50-couple theory to change into a 50-couple producing 100 offspring that can marry their aunts, because their grandparents are still producing and go on to have far more than just another hundred offspring.

So you see, if you're gonna calculate assuming twenty children in one generation, you have to show why you make the assumption. Entropy allows for depreciation of genetic quality, so that over the millenia human vitality has been reducing. Whereas our first parents lived nearly a thousand years and were capable of producing over a hundred offspring, we do not hit 150 in age and our fertility is exhausted by the time we're eighty, for men, and sixty, for women.

This, in fact, agrees with your declaration that inbreeding causes depreciation of genetic quality. That was what happened with Adam's family which we are. It is also what the Bible indicates with progressive reduction in age and fertility such that by Abraham's time, humans barely made the age of 200 and women grew infertile by the age of 90.
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Do you know the meaning of average?

It was in response to this
MacDaddy01:
And btw, my granddad(on my mom's side) had four wives. They had an average of 7 kids each... you do know the meaning of average, right?
Re: In Defence Of Logicboy by MacDaddy01: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2012
musKeeto:
It was in response to this

And btw, my granddad(on my mom's side) had four wives. They had an average of 7 kids each... you do know the meaning of average, right?

In essence, you didnt have to mention your very fertile family in the 1st place huh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Reconciles With Wife, Anita / How To Ask And Receive From God Always / Can Someone Be Possessed Without Knowing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.