Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead (14357 Views)

What The Earth Would Look Like If The Planets Were As Close As The Moon / Look What Neil Armstrong’s Widow Found Hidden In The Closet / Neil Armstrong, First Man To Walk On The Moon, Dies At Age 82 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 26, 2012
now he gotta go answer to the lord why he put the american flag on his moon. i dont envy him
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 26, 2012
emanobis: u cnt hear such news or get such person frm nigeria apart frm money laundering,subsidy scandal,bribery,embezzlementof public fund,etc.
Wen i 1st read abt him in Geogrphy during my secondary skul days,i neva knew dt he's stil alive.
Gd 9t n R.i.p Mr Armstrong-u'l 4eva b remembered

There are good Nigerians in Nigeria, as well as outside, making their marks. They'll be honored when we stop giving attention to criminal politicians and encourage and honor those who are making positive influences.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by TYtayo1: 1:17am On Aug 26, 2012
Not only NASA and the US but the whole world has missed a hero. RIP Neil.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by babyboi992(m): 1:18am On Aug 26, 2012
ehyaa, tink u guys forgot to write dat he became a muslim afta his xperience in d moon.

2 Likes

Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by DICKtator: 1:22am On Aug 26, 2012
[quote author=ogugua88][/quote]

Please i'm dyslexic, did he request to be buried on the moon?
grin grin grin grin
R.I.P to this achiever.
when would a nigerian go to the moon? cry cry cry
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by omidan21: 1:31am On Aug 26, 2012
Now to a question I ve been harbouring in mah mind since primary school days.though I still searched goggle recently but I cldnt get a tangible answer.firstly I uunderstand dat armstrong tean back den was d Apollo 11 or so.en I also know dat the common conjuntivities of d eyes is mainly referred to as apollo in nigeria by all en sundry.maybe its only referred to apollo only in nigeria oor d rest of d world adopts dat,I dnt know.mah main quuestn is why do nigerians refer to dis eye infectn as apollo.the myth when I was young in dose days was dat it was when neil en his Apollo mission went to d moon en came back lead to d outbreak of d eye infectn.is dis a myth or is it real.?
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by omidan21: 1:32am On Aug 26, 2012
Now to a question I ve been harbouring in mah mind since primary school days.though I still searched google recently but I cldnt get a tangible answer.firstly I uunderstand dat armstrong tean back den was d Apollo 11 or so.en I also know dat the common conjuntivities of d eyes is mainly referred to as apollo in nigeria by all en sundry.maybe its only referred to apollo only in nigeria oor d rest of d world adopts dat,I dnt know.mah main quuestn is why do nigerians refer to dis eye infectn as apollo.the myth when I was young in dose days was dat it was when neil en his Apollo mission went to d moon en came back lead to d outbreak of d eye infectn.is dis a myth or is it real.?
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by olaniyio1(m): 1:55am On Aug 26, 2012
violent:

How does this affect the price of garri? tongue
hungry boy come take moimoi drink the gari.ole.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Eltonluigi(m): 2:28am On Aug 26, 2012
babyboi992: ehyaa, tink u guys forgot to write dat he became a muslim afta his xperience in d moon.
With the addition of "god" in our Pledge and on money, we have seen nothing less than the diminishing of charities, killing millions of innocents for convenience, destruction of families, increased use of drugs, widespread STDs, confused and desperate youth. What more could such a destructive belief system bring us?... Maybe instead of flying men to the moon, we'll be flying them into buildings.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by waja(m): 2:57am On Aug 26, 2012
The summary of this text book is that the 1st man that walked into the moon and who doesn't want to be praised is dead. May his soul R.I.P.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Brisingr(m): 3:07am On Aug 26, 2012
ollah1: First Michael Jackson and now Neil Armstrong. I see God is not a fan of moon-walkers.
lwkmd but at least he got to the ripe age of 82 I wonder if history remembers the 2nd human that stepped on the moon ? Now who go first step on top mars ? maybe a naija guy u neva can tell
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 26, 2012
Brisingr: lwkmd but at least he got to the ripe age of 82 I wonder if history remembers the 2nd human that stepped on the moon ? Now who go first step on top mars ? maybe a naija guy u neva can tell
Maybe for experimental purpose. The man would be of no use because most mars rover by then would return better information than the human would be able to absorb.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Eltonluigi(m): 4:02am On Aug 26, 2012
Brisingr: I wonder if history remembers the 2nd human that stepped on the moon ?
2 people have walked on the moon. It was probably the most important event of our modern history.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by pendusky(m): 5:30am On Aug 26, 2012
I posted
the same thing earlier say 8pm and the mod hide
it. Maybe it was too far to be true or mayb am nt frm
oduduwa republic.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by bassette(m): 5:38am On Aug 26, 2012
Whew read tru starr to finish! Recall reading about him n bein told stories bck in d days..RIP big man!
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Afam4eva(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2012
For some reason, I thought this guy had died a long time ago.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by mechanicaldummie(m): 6:48am On Aug 26, 2012
violent:

How does this affect the price of garri? tongue
Ekpa! wetin yu don achieve?
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 26, 2012
First man on the moon? Africans have been going to the moon thousands of years ago. We Africans need to read and know our history; not the lies we are being fed today...read about ancient African Civilizations and you will be surprised and shocked.

1 Like

Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Brisingr(m): 7:14am On Aug 26, 2012
Danka7777: First man on the moon? Africans have been going to the moon thousands of years ago. We Africans need to read and know our history; not the lies we are being fed today...read about ancient African Civilizations and you will be surprised and shocked.
oluwo danka do tell us how many africans you know that have gone to the moon which mode of transport them use ? dem waka reach there or na fly them fly ? because me go lyk no the kind bird u go morph to wey got fly pesin go moon come back that same night.

2 Likes

Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Brisingr(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Eltonluigi: 2 people have walked on the moon. It was probably the most important event of our modern history.
I get what u are saying but Actually 11 people along side good ol' neil walked on the moon that same day if thoses rather unlucky 11 should God forbid kick the bucket they won't get this much coverage.mind you this is not to trivialize his achievement (am sure nasa got a lots of good pr and alot armstrong wannabes cos of him) just merely pointing out that history could have been kinder to the rest.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by purpinkx(m): 7:45am On Aug 26, 2012
I read the moon landing was acted in Arizona desert Just google ... Wonder why humans dnt moon land again .. Talk about van allen ray belt
google: The Van Allen Belts are concentrations of energetic particles near the Earth that pose significant danger to humans and spacecraft operating in thoseregions. The Earth’s atmosphere is continually bombarded by the interstellar flux of cosmic rays. These cosmic rays collide with molecules and atoms in the upper atmosphere and generate high-energy charged particles. ,,, The radiation particles also pose a significant threat to personnel and other biological systems in Earth orbit. As they pass through tissue, they can deposit their energy by ionizing water and proteins, causing cellular damage,modifying DNA, RNA, and proteinsin ways that can lead to cancers, immune system disorders, and other maladies
what happened to the 1st animal(dog) in space ? Dead ? Who ate it ?
cheesygrin
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by sylve11: 8:03am On Aug 26, 2012
Seun needs to do special review on people wanting to join his forum before registering. Some peeps are just so fvkin annoying in here.

@ Neil Armstrong, u r just one guy I admire so much. I love ur achievements. Rest on man! sad cool
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Mavrick2012: 8:17am On Aug 26, 2012
In a sane clime dis are d kind of dudes dat get high level recognitn bt in ours its only politicians n religious spivs.SMH
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2012
I so love neil armstrong.he was so low profiled n humble despite his achievements.learnt he got d captainship of d apollo 11 due 2 his not hving a large ego.was just telling my mates about u a couple of weeks ago,told dem about those memorable words:"this is 1 small step 4 (a) man,1 giant leap 4 mankind." u made some real big leap 4 mankind,neil.goodnite,RIP.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2012
afam4eva: For some reason, I thought this guy had died a long time ago.
he hardly gave interviews,was hardly featured o apollo 11 documentries;so it's normal 4 pple 2 think he's been dead 4 a long time.i 2 thot he was dead until last yr.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Navalsadiq(m): 9:17am On Aug 26, 2012
CNN reports that the baba has relocated to space.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by nuelnuel: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2012
babseg: Rip Armstrong

But I watched a documentary that the moon landing was staged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5MVVtFYTSo
The Soviet Union said the moon landing was staged in a studio but when he was invited to Russia to give a lecture,meet their Premier and show him Yuri Gagarin Cosmonaut Training Center which he described as bit Victorian and was d first westerner to be shown the supersonic Tupolev aircraft .That shows you that even the Soviet Union recognized his achievements .Read more on him on wikipedia.Don't be fooled by the Soviet because they know the truth and just wanted to deny it.
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Dhelake: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2012
who told u He waz d first person to go to d moon? .... Ma grandpa was d first o ... If u watch d clip patiently ... U would c ma grandpa's skelenton .... *winkz
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Dhelake: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2012
me too
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Dhelake: 9:48am On Aug 26, 2012
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by Kopac: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2012
They shud bury him on d moon. His body may be preserved in a deep in a deep freezer until dey make a breakthrough ;DThey shud bury him on d moon. His body may be preserved in a deep in a deep freezer until dey make a breakthrough
Re: Neil Armstrong First-Man On The Moon Is Dead by dnawah(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2012
Was he trying 2 land on the sun this time?well he was mr brave!RIP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! / Iranian Scientist Invents Time-Machine For Future Prediction / Nigeria Install Hydromet Across River Basins 2 Protect Coastal Areas 4rm Flood(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.