Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu (24381 Views)

Photos Of Buhari At A Meeting With Parents Of Chibok Girls Today / 60 Parents Of Chibok Girls Detained By Nigerian Army - BBOG / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 26, 2012
http://lindaikeji..com/2012/08/it-is-stupid-to-travel-to-go-meet.html

It is stupid to travel to go meet someone you've only been chatting with on social media- Cynthia's dad

"Even though I have lost a daughter, her loss might not be in vain because there are lessons other people need to learn from this unfortunate incident. I believe it is stupid for somebody to travel to go and meet people that he or she had not known because you have been chatting with them on social media. I strongly believe that adventure is too risky. You should know people before you begin to visit them. Students especially have a big lesson to learn from this" - Major General Frank Osokogu

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/08/cynthias-killers-demanded-n20million-mum.html

Cynthia's killers demanded N20million - Mum

Mother of the Cynthia Osokogu, the 24 year old lady murdered in a Festac hotel by her Facebook/BB friends said the men had demanded N20million from her. Her words below:

On Sunday July 22nd, she called me to tell me that she had arrived Lagos to collect some goods that had just arrived from overseas and promised to come and see me immediately she arrived from Lagos. So when she did not call me on the day she was supposed to arrive, I called her number and it wasn't going. At the time I called my husband who lives in Abuja and my senior son to intimate them of what as happening. So I went to the police to complain. But when we called the number again, it was going and someone picked it up and said she would come back; that we couldn't speak with her because she was in the hospital.

They told me she was in Symbol hospital in Benin. It turned out to be a fake hospital. Then when we called again, they said they had kidnapped her and demanded for N20million. They sent me a fake account number. I told them that you people said we should send N20 million but the account number they sent to me was a fake one. Not until two weeks later they now told me that I should not bother to call again, that she had been killed. It was after this that I declared her missing.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by kokoA(m): 8:11am On Aug 26, 2012
cryThis young lady's story is very pathetic.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 26, 2012
This is general talking. No sentiment attached. Quite unfortunate, but the father has said it all

6 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Dignitygab(m): 8:16am On Aug 26, 2012
So so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by ifihearam: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2012
Smh
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by calabaman(m): 8:21am On Aug 26, 2012
A word is enuf for the . . . . . RIP CYNTHIA
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by solid3(m): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2012
Some people wld still prefer to learn by experience order than by example.

12 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by ebamma(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2012
rest in peace cynthia,rest in peace facebook,long life to nairaland and twitter

4 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by buchibabe: 8:24am On Aug 26, 2012
Her dad is right. Pple hv to be careful wit all dis so called unknown social network friends .before u give out certain personal and important info,ensure dat its someone u know well. In as much as I feel so bad about dis cruel murder,I want to agree wit her dad once more that its stupid of anyone to hv gone dat far wit pple they barely know
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by martyns303(m): 8:24am On Aug 26, 2012
only a general will be able to speak like this man after losing a daughter, you can literally sense the composure in his tone.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Afam4eva(m): 8:25am On Aug 26, 2012
*solid*:
People never learn from other people's mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by babarazy: 8:25am On Aug 26, 2012
i hope dis wont discourage my facebook love frm coming to see me.

5 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by sheyguy: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2012
I hope young girls like her learn from her experience . . .
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2012
Nigerians we do over abuse everything even the social networks.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by seedord247(m): 8:29am On Aug 26, 2012
writejhn27: Nigerians we do over abuse everything even the social networks.

Can i call you cretin?

do you know how many teens that die every week in USA due to twitter and Facebook beef?

Always do research before you stream out stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by garba(m): 8:29am On Aug 26, 2012
*solid*:
'order than'..... Huh?
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 26, 2012
I hope the case won't be swept under the carpet as usual. RIP cynthia.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by ebamma(m): 8:30am On Aug 26, 2012
if you see a woman who loves facebook,there are two things involved,its either she is looking for a husband or looking for a for a mugu,if she is looking for a husband she is safe,but if she is looking for a mugu there are two things involved,its either mugu go pay or mugu go kill am,if mugu pay she is safe,but if mugu kill am there are two things involved,its either she goes to heaven or goes to hell,if she goes to heaven she is safe,but if she goes to hell,there is only one thing involved,she is doomed

48 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Ayorh4you(m): 8:36am On Aug 26, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm! So pathetic. A word they said is Enough for the wise. Let He who hv ears Listen to the words of truth and wisdom. GBAM! R.I.P Cynthia
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Cyberconnect12: 8:39am On Aug 26, 2012
Ayorh4you: Hmmmmmmmm! So pathetic. A word they said is Enough for the wise. Let He who hv ears Listen to the words of truth and wisdom. GBAM! R.I.P Cynthia
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by davades(m): 8:39am On Aug 26, 2012
These guys wan spoil market ƒσя us...Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Ga gan...hope ma FB /  ℓ♥√ع doesn't run bcuz of this sha! #sadface tongue
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by azimibraun: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2012
Has anyword concerning cynthia's deaht cum frm d Numero uno facbooker in Nigeria yet? Dr Facebook General Gej commander in chief of the facebook armed forces? I think its abt time a law is made and named after cynthia.. A law dt sees to ensure anyman who takes a lady to a hotel mst wait for a internal security personal of the hotel to ensure the lady is alive and well before the man steps out of the hotel alone.. Even if it means checking a thousand time a day. We can no longer hv hotels serve as slauhgter houses. Wetin Dame patience and other women leaders talk abt cynthia death if I may ask?

4 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by djeezy(m): 8:46am On Aug 26, 2012
Experience is the worst teacher. She gives you the test before the lesson. For some people saying it's the best teacher, in some situations you may not even live to learn from it. It's those around you that will learn from it. Like Cythia's dad opined, it should serve as warning to subsequent girls seeking for that same type of adventure. I live in ph, and a lady I chat with on bbm who lives who resides in Delta is so desperate to come to ph to meet me. Imagine the risks some girls take! Anyway RIP Cynthia.

4 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by K08(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2012
ebamma: if you see a woman who loves facebook,there are two things involved,its either she is looking for a husband or looking for a for a mugu,if she is looking for a husband she is safe,but if she is looking for a mugu there are two things involved,its either mugu go pay or mugu go kill am,if mugu pay she is safe,but if mugu kill am there are two things involved,its either she goes to heaven or goes to hell,if she goes to heaven she is safe,but if she goes to hell,there is only one thing involved,she is doomed
Yes, the argument is VALID. Could you pls simbolize it?
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2012
RIP cynthia
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by wandeay: 8:48am On Aug 26, 2012
i know they wont learn from this
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2012
Please, young girls, u are more vulnerable 2 social networking. Some men are beast and animals looking 4 whom 2 devour. A word is enough 4 d wise. Rip cythia

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2012
Please, young girls, u are more vulnerable 2 social networking. Some men are beast and animals looking 4 whom 2 devour. A word is enough 4 d wise. Rip cynthia
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Ayorh4you(m): 8:52am On Aug 26, 2012
Cyndas: RIP cynthia

now d question is, HAVE U LEARNT UR OWN LESSONS?
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Emmy9ite(m): 8:54am On Aug 26, 2012
The dad has said it all. Time to be careful with all these faceless nairaland friends too,they can sell you and your family 2geda!
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by azimibraun: 8:55am On Aug 26, 2012
Nw that cynthia is dead and many more ofcourse hv died unoticed b4 her; what then do we as a people do? I talked abt the need for a new legislation and I wnt us 2 talk abt it. Wat laws do we hv that protects a lady in a hotel room alone with a Maniac? What laws did we not have dat wld hv saved cynthia if we hd had dem in place? Or do we jst throw d baby and d bathwater away? We wll still hv girls tk dis same risky adventure cynthia took. Should we allow a 100% freedom of choice of wat to do with a lady in the hands of man in our slaughter houses? Sorry hotels I mean 2 say.. Sombody say smthing pls. Our sisters and even brothers are dying and we are not knwing. Women also kill.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by onyeego(m): 8:56am On Aug 26, 2012
azimibraun: Has anyword concerning cynthia's deaht cum frm d Numero uno facbooker in Nigeria yet? Dr Facebook General Gej commander in chief of the facebook armed forces? I think its abt time a law is made and named after cynthia.. A law dt sees to ensure anyman who takes a lady to a hotel mst wait for a internal security personal of the hotel to ensure the lady is alive and well before the man steps out of the hotel alone.. Even if it means checking a thousand time a day. We can no longer hv hotels serve as slauhgter houses. Wetin Dame patience and other women leaders talk abt cynthia death if I may ask?
wetin u smoke this morning So hotel rooms should now become a prison cell undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Popular APC & Tinubu Supporter, Cries Out Over High Cost Of Goods In Nigeria / Jonathan Leads Others In A Special Song For Mothers At Aso Chapel (photo) / APC, PDP Reps Clash Over Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.