Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu (24367 Views)

Photos Of Buhari At A Meeting With Parents Of Chibok Girls Today / 60 Parents Of Chibok Girls Detained By Nigerian Army - BBOG / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by yeye4live(m): 9:41am On Aug 26, 2012
Guys re just becomin fools daily,despite I being a guy,y wil u want 2steal 4rm some1 dat trust u 2come stay wit u,many leave a fake life dats it,only God wil help us
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by worldman(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2012
I dont see anything wrong with meeting with people u no on social network just that bad people are using it as a means of committing crimes, good business partner do meet on social network couples get married true social networks just. Rip cynthia

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2012
worldman: I dont see anything wrong with meeting with people u no on social network[b] just that bad people are using it as a means of committing crimes,[/b] good business partner do meet on social network couples get married true social networks just. Rip cynthia

Blind date is a no no since you cant determine the sincerity of the person at the other end.the more reason you should begin to see everything wrong in/with it.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by bola4dprec(m): 9:48am On Aug 26, 2012
Those who cannot bravely face danger are the
slaves of their attackers.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by fubbyy(m): 9:51am On Aug 26, 2012
Lawyers in the house, what's the penalty of this crime,how many years in prison will the culprits get? Or will they be hanged?

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by mymadam(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2012
When it comes to r-ape, it appears that many cases of r-ape occur via people known to their victims. This happens because their victims see them as 'trusted & dependable' adults! Unfortunately, a few of these men are evil opportunists. The most dangerous ones to young ladies seem to be step fathers, religious leaders, teachers/lecturers and generally men in authority. In this case, the Rule No. 1 to young ladies is; "AVOID CLOSE QUARTERS SITUATION WITH SUCH MEN". In other words, as much as possible, avoid being alone in an enclosed space with such 'trusted father-figures'. Parents, please DO NOT leave your children to their fate. Talk to them as both 'parent AND friend'. A parent must be his/her child's friend. This way, a decent child will always confide in you. "A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE". Now to the 'almighty FACEBOOK'. As for me, I strongly believe that Facebook is here to stay! How you use it will determine what you'll get out of it... good or bad. Make use of the tips below and reduce the risk of 'Facebook negativity'. God bless Nigeria.

7 Things To Stop Doing Now On Facebook (Courtesy: Consumer Reports Magazine)

1. Using a Weak Password

Avoid simple names or words you can find in a dictionary, even with numbers tacked on the end. Instead, mix upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols. A password should have at least eight characters. One good technique is to insert numbers or symbols in the middle of a word, such as this variant on the word "houses": hO27usEs!

2. Leaving Your Full Birth Date in Your Profile

It's an ideal target for identity thieves, who could use it to obtain more information about you and potentially gain access to your bank or credit card account. If you've already entered a birth date, go to your profile page and click on the Info tab, then on Edit Information. Under the Basic Information section, choose to show only the month and day or no birthday at all.

3. Overlooking Useful Privacy Controls

For almost everything in your Facebook profile, you can limit access to only your friends, friends of friends, or yourself. Restrict access to photos, birth date, religious views, and family information, among other things. You can give only certain people or groups access to items such as photos, or block particular people from seeing them. Consider leaving out contact info, such as phone number and address, since you probably don't want anyone to have access to that information anyway.

4. Posting Your Child's Name in a Caption

Don't use a child's name in photo tags or captions. If someone else does, delete it by clicking on Remove Tag. If your child isn't on Facebook and someone includes his or her name in a caption, ask that person to remove the name.

5. Mentioning That You'll Be Away From Home

That's like putting a "no one's home" sign on your door. Wait until you get home to tell everyone how awesome your vacation was and be vague about the date of any trip.

6. Letting Search Engines Find You

To help prevent strangers from accessing your page, go to the Search section of Facebook's privacy controls and select Only Friends for Facebook search results. Be sure the box for public search results isn't checked.

7. Permitting Youngsters to Use Facebook Unsupervised

Facebook limits its members to ages 13 and over, but children younger than that do use it. If you have a young child or teenager on Facebook, the best way to provide oversight is to become one of their online friends. Use your e-mail address as the contact for their account so that you receive their notifications and monitor their activities. "What they think is nothing can actually be pretty serious," says Charles Pavelites, a supervisory special agent at the Internet Crime Complaint Center. For example, a child who posts the comment "Mom will be home soon, I need to do the dishes" every day at the same time is revealing too much about the parents' regular comings and goings. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by sallybonne(f): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2012
Nigerians will always be nigerians esp some of dem  nairaland why are some people here making a mockery and joke about dis, it makes or stops people from seeing d serious side of this,cynthia is dead may her soul RIP if only d ddead cud talk, I dnt want 2 even imagine wat she went tru, bt there are lessons to b learnt. Like som1 posted on bellanaija I I know of couples who met their dream spouses thru social network andd am sure they did nt take any security measure they were lucky I tink, like in d case of cynthia and going by wat her friend wrote abt her on bella naija, dey wanted to help u get clothes or sell to her did she nt have any relative, friend or family in lag dt she cud stay d problem wit most ppl is dt they are too trusting and its nt their fault if only she had agreed to meeet them in her own place of choice or order d clothes pay half andd get d rest wen u pay off, after all we order clothes o line genuine sites and we get dem, secondly u met som1 on fb or wateva social network why must u b d one to travel I tink its mostly safer 4 d men to travel and see u if they are ddt intrested in u, atleast its ur city ur incharge and u no d places very well weneva u tink u know urselves very well den u can start going to his place, thirdly d way most parents raise their children I begin to wonder, tell ur child d truth, xpose ur children ,its nt only about traveling to  som1 ask dem and make it in such a way dt dey are comfortable to brings their friends home so u know whom ur children are hanging out with and b able to advise with love, all dis unnecessary strictness, accusations and all wd nt help, we only pray 4 d soul of cynthia and others who have gone like her to RIP, pls ppl stop makin fun of d dead so we dnt cause the dead to cursin/

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by iloike(m): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2012
azimibraun: Nw that cynthia is dead and many more ofcourse hv died unoticed b4 her; what then do we as a people do? I talked abt the need for a new legislation and I wnt us 2 talk abt it. Wat laws do we hv that protects a lady in a hotel room alone with a Maniac? What laws did we not have dat wld hv saved cynthia if we hd had dem in place? Or do we jst throw d baby and d bathwater away? We wll still hv girls tk dis same risky adventure cynthia took. Should we allow a 100% freedom of choice of wat to do with a lady in the hands of man in our slaughter houses? Sorry hotels I mean 2 say.. Sombody say smthing pls. Our sisters and even brothers are dying and we are not knwing. Women also kill.
seconded!
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by onyeego(m): 10:07am On Aug 26, 2012
But I heard that the alleged perpetuators confession was arrangee,since when did our police became sooooooo efficient in solving murders lipsrsealed
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by gbadexy(m): 10:09am On Aug 26, 2012
Well like I said earlier, RIP to those guys. I don't see them escaping death sentence and I would be angry if they did.
The guys are cold blooded, unremorseful and heartless killers. Judging by all what they said;[a] calling the hotelier to go and take the body of a bastard from their room,[b] holding on to the girl's phone, [c]trying to still extort money from her family even though she was long dead [d] and I can imagine casually telling them not to bother anymore because their daughter is dead, that their other victims too were killed.
If only their other victims can be identified. They should be asked to give the names of their other victims to try and locate them if they are alive, publish it so that the girls can come and testify that they were robbed,but alive or so their families can confirm their child has been missing since.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by PhysicsQED(m): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2012
onye ego:
that's a very SENSEless thing to say to parents who are mourning

He just called his own recently murdered daughter stup[i]i[/i]d (he didn't just call her "silly"; this forum changes "stup[i]i[/i]d" to "silly" unless you put one of the letters in italics).

Considering that he and his wife raised her, how does that reflect on them? Some wisdom and common sense can be taught, after all.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by nextor(m): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2012
They parent should take heart,may her soul rest in peace
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2012
One of the very many reasons I never had a facebook account and will never have a facebook account.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by kulumo: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2012
babarazy: i hope dis wont discourage my facebook love frm coming to see me.
[color=#990000][/color]
Are you a ritualist or thieve like the killers of cynthia? If you do not have something up your sleeves then go and visit your facebook lover rather than encouraging her to come visit you. No harm meant.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by ektbear: 10:23am On Aug 26, 2012
babarazy: i hope dis wont discourage my facebook love frm coming to see me.

grin grin
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by davades(m): 10:24am On Aug 26, 2012
osajojo: How about the ladies that collect transport money and never come as promised. Na guys don even suffer pass. Rip cy
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by a1solution: 10:30am On Aug 26, 2012
it is sad but a wonderful lesson to youths especialy girls.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2012
I think this should teach a lot of our ladies a big lesson. Not all that glitters is gold. It is sad the young lady is dead but how many of our female folks just love anything that would most likely end in extra cash and fun - so called fun.

Ladies beware. Many guys only want sex and in this case, money as well.

Let those that have ears hear.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by ifysimple(f): 10:43am On Aug 26, 2012
unanghope: I hope this girl that want to come to my house tomorrow will not take my joystick from me & disappear.. I met her via 2go & i hv sent her transport! I wil call her to return the 3k transport i sent 2 her back... I no need her again! RIP CYnthia..
. Ha♧°˚˚˚°♧ha♧°˚˚˚°♧ha. Laffº°˚ ˚°º≈wanº°˚=)) ˚°º≈tearº°˚ ˚=)) °º≈myº°˚ ˚°º≈belleº°˚=D =))
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 26, 2012
So pathetic! RIPP Cynthia. Diz shd serve as a lesson nt only 2d young girls bt boys as well cos any sex might be a victim
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by onyeego(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

He just called his own recently murdered daughter stup[i]i[/i]d (he didn't just call her "silly"; this forum changes "stup[i]i[/i]d" to "silly" unless you put one of the letters in italics).

Considering that he and his wife raised her, how does that reflect on them? Some wisdom and common sense can be taught, after all.
At 24 she was already an adult,she lives on her own, runs a business,owns a car and takes decisions on her own.
When a child becomes an adult,she becomes more attracted to the society then parents.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by logica(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2012
buchibabe: Her dad is right. Pple hv to be careful wit all dis so called unknown social network friends .before u give out certain personal and important info,ensure dat its someone u know well. In as much as I feel so bad about dis cruel murder,I want to agree wit her dad once more that its stupid of anyone to hv gone dat far wit pple they barely know
The standard should be to treat strangers you meet on Social Networks the same way you treat strangers you meet everyday on the street. The only thing Social Networks do is give a false sense of familiarity before actually meeting. You should forget all the gist you had online and treat your meeting them as if you actual just met (which you just did anyway).

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by greenhope(m): 10:48am On Aug 26, 2012
This Major is a Matured Man in Mind.
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by otokx(m): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2012
There is a tendency to demonize Facebook but the truth be told we should stop worshiping wealth especially ill gotten one in this country

2 Likes

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by logica(m): 10:52am On Aug 26, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Damn. Definitely a military man.

Anyway, he and his wife raised her, so maybe they didn't instil her with enough common sense or fear when she was growing up.
It is folly to think your child will follow your every instruction.

1 Like

Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2012
seedord247:

Can i call you cretin?

do you know how many teens that die every week in USA due to twitter and Facebook beef?

Always do research before you stream out stupidity.
exactly,wonder why people open their mouth to talk before they start thinking,lmao
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2012
ebamma: if you see a woman who loves facebook,there are two things involved,its either she is looking for a husband or looking for a for a mugu,if she is looking for a husband she is safe,but if she is looking for a mugu there are two things involved,its either mugu go pay or mugu go kill am,if mugu pay she is safe,but if mugu kill am there are two things involved,its either she goes to heaven or goes to hell,if she goes to heaven she is safe,but if she goes to hell,there is only one thing involved,she is doomed
ah,you sabi copy,no let basketmouth catch you
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 26, 2012
donchris33: Please, young girls, u are more vulnerable 2 social networking. Some men are beast and animals looking 4 whom 2 devour. A word is enough 4 d wise. Rip cythia
thats true,but you follow for men oh
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by avalontony(m): 11:10am On Aug 26, 2012
i hope she made peace with God before taking a bow from earth. RIP
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2012
angry
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by crackhouse(m): 11:19am On Aug 26, 2012
calabaman: A word is enuf for the . . . . . RIP CYNTHIA
. . . . . . . . The wise owl
Re: Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu by Meristem: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2012
All these NL babes toasting me, take note. I dont talk to strangers sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Moves To Woo Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others / Looters' List: Secondus Threatens To Sue Lai Mohammed / Why GMB Had To Go, By Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.