Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder (29026 Views)

Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder / Cynthia Osokogu To Be Buried On Sept. 7 – Family / Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by aishatua1: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2012
The suspects are facing an 8-count charge of conspiracy, robbery and murder

Article | August 27, 2012 - 1:31pm | By Gbenro Adeoye

Four suspects were arraigned before a Yaba Magistrate Court on Monday for killing a former army general's daughter, Cynthia Osokogu.

The suspects, Okwumo Nwabufo, 33; Ezike Olisaeloka, 23; Orji Osita, 32; and Maduakor Chukwunonso, 25, are facing trial on an eight-count charge of felony, conspiracy, robbery and murder.

Their charge sheet stated that the suspects killed the deceased by administering her with 'Rohypnol Flunitrapezam, binding, torturing, and strangling her.

It also stated that the suspects, along with some others at large, raped and robbed the deceased of valuables that included an International passport, a mobile phone, shoes, bags, wristwatches and jewellery.

Since the nature of Cynthia's death came to light about a week ago, so much public anger, resentment and debate has been generated over the value of the social media.

The first and second defendants, Okwumo and Ezike, had earlier been paraded by the state police command, where they admitted to luring Cynthia to Lagos via the social network.

They also admitted to drugging, binding, assaulting and killing her.

Cynthia's death, according to them, was a mistake. They admitted to previously luring four other women to hotels around Festac Town, Lagos.

The third and fourth defendants, however, were said to be attendants at Oxpharm Pharmacy, also at Festac town, where the drug used on the deceased was purchased.

At the sitting, Magistrate O. Aka-Bashorun asked the police prosecutor, Ag. SP Chukwu Agwu, to forward the case file to the Director of Public Prosecutors (DPP).

Aka-Bashorun ruled that the case be adjourned to October 3, 2012 for mention, pending the advice of the DPP.

Before the sitting, there was a mild drama as journalists scrambled to get shots of the defendants' faces, particularly the first and second, who had been shying away from the camera.

For over 30 minutes, the scrambling continued as other members of the public attending the high-profile case hurled abuses on them.

"You are ashamed, abi. Why should you be ashamed when you are terrible human beings who deserve to die?" one woman shouted as the two suspects kept their hands tightly on their faces.

Some even dubbed the defendants "faces of shame", as the drama continued before the magistrate's arrival.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/four-arraigned-cynthias-death-0

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by gramci: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Evil men
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by DIG1: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
Wish d Nig judiciary system is quick τ̅☺ attend τ̅☺ all criminal case as they just did 4 dis case
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
Okay!!

Murder 1.. I hope the DA is seeking the death penalty..

2 Likes

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by profola2be(m): 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2012
the two of you will die strange death in Jesus name for killing an innocent lady.
i think these guys used JUJU for the lady,oju lasan ko jare(no be ordinary eyes jare)

covering them eyes as if we care to see them faces.

1 Like

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2012
how hard is it to get a clear shot?
who knows how far the shots can help someone somewhere

Death penalty is best, they never gave her a chance to live.
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by basisop(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
Boarding to Hell. They are shy like we care to see their evil faces again. RIP to dem boyz.

3 Likes

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by talk2me006(m): 5:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by denitro(m): 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
Drug used:

Notice what is written on it: Possession without Authorization Illegal
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 27, 2012
No further comments,i hav been talking on previous threads concerning this case...they shud jst do away with these animals
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by coalcoal1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 27, 2012
What is the charge against the attendants at the pharmacy? Are they also part of the deal?
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2012
can you imagine 23 and 25 year old guy!all the same that is consequence of a thoughtless deed they should face the music.
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by EASY39(m): 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
lesson for way-ward lady
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2012
wow, this general must be a born again christian ,anywayz, PAY THEM IN THEIR OWN COIN
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by denitro(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
coal_coal: What is the charge against the attendants at the pharmacy? Are they also part of the deal?
The drug in question is called a Date r-ape drug (A date r-ape drug is any drug that can be used to
assist in the execution of a sexual assault, such as a non-consensual sexual act and/or
non-consensual intercourse (date rape). ) and as such should not have been sold by the
pharmacist without Authorization or prescription...

1 Like

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by cytellProperty: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
Going through the comments of some people could be sickly, the issue at hand needs to be condemned in its entirety, but some people decided to treatise it and turn it to ethnic, religious and political tool.

1 Like

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by Siga: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2012
These animals should be beaten and strangled to death as well...it must fit the crime...
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by tpia5: 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2012
1. why are the suspects covering their faces? This is highly aggravating and smacks of something else.

2. Do nigerian police not take mug shots like they do overseas?
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by tpia5: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
coal_coal: What is the charge against the attendants at the pharmacy? Are they also part of the deal?

not sure if they're the ones busted by undercover police recently. They sold 10 tablets each of a controlled substance, without a doctor's prescription, to undercover police officers.

but since these men were arraigned with the suspected killers, they might be the ones who supply them with the drug.
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by profola2be(m): 5:29pm On Aug 27, 2012
Decryptor: @OP, WELDONE! Any other news again to make the Front-Page about another set of Igbo thieves, kidnappers, armed-robbers et al? cos i see that's what you are good in. Yoruba moderator opening an account with "aishatua1" as a profile name! Bring on the igbo hate and tribal bigotry! SMH
my brother,i think you need to be administerd with 'Rohypnol Flunitrapezam,
must you turn every topic discussed on this site into ethnicity?
we are discussing an important issue that affected a human's life,but you are busy turning it into ethnic issues.

6 Likes

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by profola2be(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2012
Decryptor: @OP, WELDONE! Any other news again to make the Front-Page about another set of Igbo thieves, kidnappers, armed-robbers et al? cos i see that's what you are good in. Yoruba moderator opening an account with "aishatua1" as a profile name! Bring on the igbo hate and tribal bigotry! SMH
my brother,i think you need to be administerd with 'Rohypnol Flunitrapezam,
must you turn every topic discussed on this site into ethnicity?
we are discussing an important issue that affected a human's life,but you are busy turning it into ethnic issues......

4 Likes

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by profola2be(m): 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
cytell Property: Going through the comments of some people could be sickly, the issue at hand needs to be condemned in its entirety, but some people decided to treatise it and turn it to ethnic, religious and political tool.
i wonder and tire ooooooo,my brother.
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by laidback(m): 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
This case only keeps bringing to mind the ABSU 5 rape issue, and how the guys were just let off the hook like that. There's a very little difference between those guys and these ones - if any at all. And I wonder when, if ever, that lady would get justice. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by cytellProperty: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2012
Don't mind them, they are not different from this perpetrators. Serious issues, they starts saying rubbish
Re: Four Charged For Cynthia Osokogu's Murder by tpia5: 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
This case only keeps bringing to mind the ABSU 5 Molestation issue, and how the guys were just let off the hook like that. There's a very little difference between those guys and these ones - if any at all. And I wonder when, if ever, that lady would get justice. SMH!

true, if the girl in the video was under the influence of a sedative, that would explain her seeming cooperation with the rapists.

it she experienced amnesia afterwards, it would also explain her reluctance to confirm or deny the incident, or why she couldnt be located.

but, this problem is deeper than what can be discussed anywhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram / Senator Bassey Albert's (OBA) Handshake With A Supporter (Photo) / Cubana Chief Priest Endorses Governor Sanwo-Olu For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.