Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,998 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI (225971 Views)

PILLING:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TRIPLET WITH BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
Happy Sunday!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2013
Morning!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by yongnoble(m): 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hello Segcy.moor

I just came across you thread yesterday and i must commend you on what you are doing, its a fine work.However let me point something out. The foundation you adopted for this project is inverted raft foundation with the raft slab on top. My concern is that why did you use hardcore after sand-filling, considering the fact that your raft slab is reinforced See pics below;
The presence of the hardcore makes your raft slab uniform (i.e its thickness). For example, if your structural engineer designed the raft slab to be 150mm thick, the presence of hardcore would not let you achieve such uniform thickness throughout the slab, this off course has its structural implications.
Secondly, since you are reinforcing the raft slab, you could avoid spending money on filling with laterite, because you raft beams would safely carry the slab without any issues. The only problem with this is that you might not be able to recover your formwork. Nice work though. Your work is very professional.

p.s: Please I'm not trying to criticize your design/method in a anyway. I believe this forum is a platform for us to share ideas and learn from each other. I await your response.

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:18am On Jul 09, 2013
Good job Segun, my only observation was that your foundation @ the DPC level does not include hardcore which may likely result to crack in the ground floor flab. Except if the foundation thickness is adequate enough.
Secondly, you work without consciousness for safety for you and your workers which is not a professional ethics. All the same a job well done as in the frame structure.

You can contact me for your structural design and professional input in your next project as no man is an island of knowledge.

Mobile: 08035831232
E-mail: handexengltd@yahoo.com

[quote author=yong_noble]Hello Segcy.moor

I just came across you thread yesterday and i must commend you on what you are doing, its a fine work.However let me point something out. The foundation you adopted for this project is inverted raft foundation with the raft slab on top. My concern is that why did you use hardcore after sand-filling, considering the fact that your raft slab is reinforced See pics below;
The presence of the hardcore makes your raft slab uniform (i.e its thickness). For example, if your structural engineer designed the raft slab to be 150mm thick, the presence of hardcore would not let you achieve such uniform thickness throughout the slab, this off course has its structural implications.
Secondly, since you are reinforcing the raft slab, you could avoid spending money on filling with laterite, because you raft beams would safely carry the slab without any issues. The only problem with this is that you might not be able to recover your formwork. Nice work though. Your work is very professional.

p.s: Please I'm not trying to criticize your design/method in a anyway. I believe this forum is a platform for us to share ideas and learn from each other. I await your response

....Good observation, in the first I refer u to critics in my other project just rounded up. Unlike u, the guy ask why I did nt use hardcore(there, I used only reinforecement but no hardcore) However,if you observe the level of casting of d Ground beam, u will see those concrete caster did nt cast to acceptable level, some place ve 300mm above d concrete and according to Structural details, we may cast within 150mm to 200mm. I need to pity the client hence use Hardcore to make up but that doest reduce slab thickness. Bros, I tell u, I ve never spent money like this on foudation(13m) we use pure imported iron throughout even in d suspended slab. 2 trailers(1200) of cements for foundation alone.
Also, u made mention of why neccessity for filling. With due respect I must educate you. This is only acceptable in Pilling or Cellular foundation. However, filling even strenghting raft.....I stand to be corrected.
All the same, thanks for ur compliment!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by yongnoble(m): 6:53am On Jul 09, 2013
segcy.moor:
However,if you observe the level of casting of d Ground beam, u will see those concrete caster did nt cast to acceptable level, some place ve 300mm above d concrete and according to Structural details, we may cast within 150mm to 200mm. I need to pity the client hence use Hardcore to make up but that doest reduce slab thickness.

Makes sense.

I'm presently working on a project right now, we have spent roughly N30m on the foundation and we haven't reached the DPC yet! Its raft foundation similar to your only that its inverted (ie, the raft slab on the ground and the ground beams are 2.0m deep). Probably i might open a thread for it soon.

Once again you are doing a GOOD JOB, and I and many other NLanders have learnt a thing or two. Keep up the good work.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
30m on raft and not even pilling. whao! that must be massive building.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
30m on raft and not even pilling. whao! that must be massive building. I cant wait to see d foundation
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by yongnoble(m): 4:07am On Jul 10, 2013
yeah, we were suppose to pile actually, but the cost of pilling alone was 32m (without the tie beams and pile cap). its actually a 6-storey hotel with a penthouse floor. The raft slab is 350mm thick while the ground beams are 2.0m deep. We've used more than 4,000 bags of cement and still counting.....
I will definately startup a thread as soon as we get off the foundation, we are already 90% done. Thanks
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 4:15am On Jul 10, 2013
yong_noble: yeah, we were suppose to pile actually, but the cost of pilling alone was 32m (without the tie beams and pile cap). its actually a 6-storey hotel with a penthouse floor. The raft slab is 350mm thick while the ground beams are 2.0m deep. We've used more than 4,000 bags of cement and still counting.....
I will definately startup a thread as soon as we get off the foundation, we are already 90% done. Thanks

It will also be interesting to see how that foundation that costs that much is done..
Yes, please start a thread and show us everything in details. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
Work update tom
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Fhemmmy: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
segcy.moor:
Work update tom

Looking forward to tomorrow
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by twinskenny(m): 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
weldone my Oga...
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:26am On Jul 11, 2013
twinskenny: weldone my Oga...
twinskenny: weldone my Oga...

pls send ur comprehensive profile to dis mail---tunde02@hotmail.com----u might be fortunate
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by twinskenny(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2013
Thank you very much i will do that right away
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Fhemmmy: 12:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Will be back for the update . . .
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
Plaster of paris

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by Fhemmmy: 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
Looking so good

1 Like

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
Fhemmmy: Looking so good
..thanks
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:43am On Jul 13, 2013
men at work

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
!!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by tlops(m): 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
happy sunday

Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2013
tlops: happy sunday
Happy Monday
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
work in progress
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by snappers: 9:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hi all.

Did anybody has an idea how much it will cost to fence round a plot of land in in awoyaya lagios.The land size is 60 /120. (Normal 1 plot size)

l need the quote for both half and full feet in height.

Thanks
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by fendorf(m): 9:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
snappers: Hi all.

Did anybody has an idea how much it will cost to fence round a plot of land in in awoyaya lagios.The land size is 60 /120. (Normal 1 plot size)

l need the quote for both half and full feet in height.

Thanks
Please contact us For ur sand filling|SharpSand,plastering Sand,Laterite &Granite|Truck management|07064696356|fendorf2003@yahoo.com
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
work in progress!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2013
!
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 6:49am On Jul 18, 2013
Work update tom
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by oladele007: 9:41am On Jul 18, 2013
ok, we are waiting sir.
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by fendorf(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2013
oladele007: ok, we are waiting sir.
call me for ur granite supply 07064696356 fendorf2003@yahoo.com
Re: CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
oladele007: ok, we are waiting sir.
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (101) (Reply)

Prices For These Paints / How Large Is 'A Plot' Of Land? / Best Architectural, Interior And Construction Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.