Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,299 members, 7,867,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Discussion Continues. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Discussion Continues. (8537 Views)

The Romanceland Discussion Forum (1) / Discussion Continues. Part 2 (this Time Its Free For All) / Discussion Continues With Upendo98, Cuddlemii, bhusayor, Dyt,Sexkills and others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2012
sexkillz: I am not arguing that the bible mentions hell. What i am against is that the bible mentions "hellfire" as a place or torment for wicked ones. That is a lie!

In some translations, hell is used. In others, sheol is used, and while in others gehenna and yet again, in some, hades is used. Sheol, hades and gehenna have been referred to as the common grave of mankind. "hell" is no different. Hell is the common grave of mankind.

My argument is on the non existence of "hellfire" and the fallacious use of "hellfire" to imbibe fear in the minds of people or threatening them. God does not and will never force anyone to serve him. So the idea of a "threat in the name of God" is wrong. . .
I see ur point but wait ooo
Hell is not torment?? I don't think u understand what being away from God's presence mean

I don't hv much to argue wiv u on hell anyway....na dat heaven my mind dey.....
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 12:01am On Aug 29, 2012
Shollypopz:
Hell is not torment?? I don't think u understand what being away from God's presence mean

Lmao, but you know say only a feww 1000 will go to heaven? cheesy
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 29, 2012
kandiikane:

Lmao, but you know say only a feww 1000 will go to heaven? cheesy
I no know dat one ooo

As long as I'm part of them...no wahala!!
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 29, 2012
@Kandii:

There is hardly any contradiction in the bible...Bear in mind we don't hv d complete book and it is written based on d "writers" POV

The bible is a living word; meaning what u read today might reveal something to you today and another tomorrow. The bible is meant to be interpreted with d Holy Spirit's discretion

Mayan religion/culture is new to me........I reserve my comment. Nice read, though.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 29, 2012
sexkillz: Hellfire does not exist. It is one of the many lies religion has used to deceive mankind. Just like when they said Jesus was born in December, during winter. Lol

lol.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 29, 2012
kandiikane: I accept(not as my own belief but as in that is what they wish to follow) and explore other people's beliefs because no one knows who is right and who is wrong as many religions will preach. I would not bash and insult others because they do not believe in what I believe. I try to understand. I also don't see today's religions any different to ancient religions(which are now myths but they were people's beliefs). Maybe in years to come, these our religions will be called 'myths', who knows?! I believe today's big religions are a concoction of past religions thrown together(hence, why you will find contradictions).

The same way a christian can argue their religion is the right path, is the same way a muslim or someone who practices judaism can say theirs is the right path.

If someone believes there is no God and trys to find meaning to his life by using a different/non-religious path(maybe evolution) then good for them, makes sense.

In the end, all these books were written by men and only faith will make you believe what it says. Only faith will make you take the word of man to be the word of GOD. No proof, just faith.

I don't live in a box and hate being ignorant about life and everyday things, when you can explore and try to understand to your full capacity why we came to be.

I believe sexkillz is questioning what he has been taught but he is using and manipulating his religion to try and prove his personal feelings which is wrong. Same way, religious fanatics hide behind religious text books to do evil.

People are dying because of religion and it's wrong.

Live life to the fullest with the purest of hearts, do good and if truly there is a GOD, by doing so you will be favoured. You have no need to worry about what others do. We are not the ones to judge.

No one knows.

I see. So you accept there's a superior being, just not sure which religion is right, or even any religion is right. However, you respect and explore other religions.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 12:40am On Aug 29, 2012
Shollypopz:
I no know dat one ooo

As long as I'm part of them...no wahala!!

Lol! grin

...And we wonder why I said today's religions are derived from ancient religions.

@sexkillz, jesus mentions hell and the terrors the wicked will face if they do not abide to God's word. You say God doesn't force anyone to serve him but if you read the book of noah and the story of lot(sodom and gomorrah, it states that he destroyed the lands because the people turned their backs on him.

In general, anything that is of pain, agony and torment is considered a hell and many believe that the hell where the devil and his followers will be cast is worst than any human mind can comprehend. Since, hades is of a greek term, we know from the ancient greek religion hades is an underworld but it has realms.

Many also believe that the wicked in hell will suffer without their physical bodies and after the resurrection both the body and soul will suffer.

But they agreed on one thing and that is God created a place of torment for the devil and his followers.
Yes, the bible says people will be cast in hades to await the day of reckoning.

The truth is bible clearly mentions a place of torment for the damned.

"And being in torments in hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abramham afar off, and lazarus in his bosom. Then he cried and said, 'I am tormented in this flame' (Luke 16:23-24)

I'm tired man, we will continue tomorrow.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 29, 2012
When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. No part of the body survives death. Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain. . . Science supports this.

Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5 says that the living are conscious that they would die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all. Vs 6 says, also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished and they have no portion anymore in anything that has to be done under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 9 vs 10 says all that your hand finds to do, do with your very power for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in sheol, the place to which you are going.

We are mortal and do not survive the death of the body. The life we live is like the flame of a candle. When that flame is put out, it does not go anywhere, it is simply gone. When a man dies, he is dead. And will be buried. He does not go anywhere.

The teaching of hellfire suggests that there is a part of the human body that survives death, or at least that suffers pain of torment. This is wrong because a dead person cannot feel pain and even when you set it on fire, he wont feel the pain and when he burns, he does not burn for ever or for eternity but rather, to ashes and when you toss ash to the wind, it is gone forever.

Hellfire is a fallacy.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 12:46am On Aug 29, 2012
Shollypopz: @Kandii:

There is hardly any contradiction in the bible...Bear in mind we don't hv d complete book and it is written based on d "writers" POV

The bible is a living word; meaning what u read today might reveal something to you today and another tomorrow. The bible is meant to be interpreted with d Holy Spirit's discretion

Mayan religion/culture is new to me........I reserve my comment. Nice read, though.

Well, there you go. Written from a writers point of view. Ofcourse, if 5 minds or so write from their point of views about one subject. There will be contradictions because each is coming from separate corners to write about something.
Ileke-IdI:

I see. So you accept there's a superior being, just not sure which religion is right, or even any religion is right. However, you respect and explore other religions.

I follow the religion I was brought up with as best as I can.

No one knows which religion is right.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:49am On Aug 29, 2012
Shollypopz: @Kandii:

I agree with you except when you said it was written based on the writers POV.

Pls read 2 timothy 3:16
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 29, 2012
Shollypopz:

i understand what it means, and it doesn't mean hell fire.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 12:54am On Aug 29, 2012
sexkillz: When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. No part of the body survives death. Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain. . . Science supports this.

Ecclesiastes 9 vs 5 says that the living are conscious that they would die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all. Vs 6 says, also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished and they have no portion anymore in anything that has to be done under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 9 vs 10 says all that your hand finds to do, do with your very power for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in sheol, the place to which you are going.

We are mortal and do not survive the death of the body. The life we live is like the flame of a candle. When that flame is put out, it does not go anywhere, it is simply gone. When a man dies, he is dead. And will be buried. He does not go anywhere.

The teaching of hellfire suggests that there is a part of the human body that survives death, or at least that suffers pain of torment. This is wrong because a dead person cannot feel pain and even when you set it on fire, he wont feel the pain and when he burns, he does not burn for ever or for eternity but rather, to ashes and when you toss ash to the wind, it is gone forever.

Hellfire is a fallacy.

You are not a christian!

Why would you bring science into this?
Are we not talking about the bible?
I suggest you actually read the bible.

To say hell doesn't exist when jesus himself talks about the torments of it, shows that you do not have much knowledge of the religion you 'practice'.
You are going around in circle denying the existance of a place of torment after death without concrete proof from the bible that it doesn't exist.

There is a huge flaw from yóur side if you are going to use the bible to deny hell.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 29, 2012
sexkillz: I agree with you except when you said it was written based on the writers POV.

Pls read 2 timothy 3:16
I didn't mean it like that....I knw about d whole God's guidance thingy

I'm talking about characters reflecting in the bible...If u look @ Paul, u would see his 'rascality' in his books. If u look @ Luke, u could see his career as a doctor in his book......Because of this, they seem to narrate d same incident differently.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 12:56am On Aug 29, 2012
sexkillz: i understand what it means, and it doesn't mean hell fire.

If you read more on tophet or gehenna you will realise that they are used as metaphors to describe what hell will be like for the wicked. Since, the human mind alone cannot comprehend the tortures that will await the wicked after death.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 29, 2012
kandiikane:

You are not a christian!

Why would you bring science into this?
Are we not talking about the bible?
I suggest you actually read the bible.

To say hell doesn't exist when jesus himself talks about the torments of it, shows that you do not have much knowledge of the religion you 'practice'.
You are going around in circle denying the existance of a place of torment after death without concrete proof from the bible that it doesn't exist.

There is a huge flaw from yóur side if you are going to use the bible to deny hell.
Are you trying to deny the scientific part of death? I'd like to see you try. Lol.

The bible does not contradict itself. Readers of the Bible contradict themself. The bible clearly says that the dead are conscious of nothing. That clearly defeats the notion of tormenting a dead body since that would be an exercise in futility. . . A dead body feels no pain.

I am showing you what the bible says. Those words are not mine, but from the bible. And all i ask is that you read them for yourself.

Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 1:04am On Aug 29, 2012
"They will be tormented day and night forever and ever"(rev 20:10)

Hell(where the wicked will go)=everlasting punishment and everlasting fire(mt 25:46 and mt 18:cool

"The lake of fire and brimstone, in which the devil, the beast, and the false prophet 'shall be tormented day and night, forever and eve"( revelation 20:20)
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 29, 2012
Shollypopz:
I didn't mean it like that....I knw about d whole God's guidance thingy

I'm talking about characters reflecting in the bible...If u look @ Paul, u would see his 'rascality' in his books. If u look @ Luke, u could see his career as a doctor in his book......Because of this, they seem to narrate d same incident differently.
I agree.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John reported the life account of Jesus, but according to how it happened before them.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 1:09am On Aug 29, 2012
sexkillz: Are you trying to deny the scientific part of death? I'd like to see you try. Lol.

The bible does not contradict itself. Readers of the Bible contradict themself. The bible clearly says that the dead are conscious of nothing. That clearly defeats the notion of tormenting a dead body since that would be an exercise in futility. . . A dead body feels no pain.

I am showing you what the bible says. Those words are not mine, but from the bible. And all i ask is that you read them for yourself.

I ask you why would you bring science in this. If anything, science just proves how religion is false.

Sexkillz, if you read the bible(which you clearly don't) then you will see that it's the soul that is said to go to 'hades' and on the day of resurrection the body will be resurrected.

If the bible doesn't contradict itself and readers do, you are clearly contradicting yourself by saying when you die that's it. The bible clearly states your body will return to the dust it was made out of but your soul will continue.

Who the hell is talking about a dead lifeless body that is actually useless in terms of spirtuality?
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 1:11am On Aug 29, 2012
sexkillz: I agree.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John reported the life account of Jesus, but according to how it happened before them.

And yet the book wasn't written by men?
grin
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 29, 2012
kandiikane:

And yet the book wasn't written by men?
grin
Yeah Kandiikane, It was written my man and God

A lot of Christians want to remove d 'man' aspect of it while non-believers want to remove d God aspect of it.....
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 29, 2012
kandiikane: "They will be tormented day and night forever and ever"(rev 20:10)

Hell(where the wicked will go)=everlasting punishment and everlasting fire(mt 25:46 and mt 18:cool

"The lake of fire and brimstone, in which the devil, the beast, and the false prophet 'shall be tormented day and night, forever and eve"( revelation 20:20)
No where does the bible mention hellfire in those verses.

The opposite of life is death
the opposite of everlasting life is everlasting death.

In Matthew 25 vs 46 mention was made of the righteous and everlasting life. Bear in mind that the body does not survive death. Everlasting destruction means the direct opposite of everlasting life, everlasting death.

Same thing applies to Revelation 20 vs 20

Revelation 20 vs 10 talks about the time when Satan would be thrown into an abyss for a while.

No contradictions.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 29, 2012
kandiikane:

I ask you why would you bring science in this. If anything, science just proves how religion is false.

Sexkillz, if you read the bible(which you clearly don't) then you will see that it's the soul that is said to go to 'hades' and on the day of resurrection the body will be resurrected.

If the bible doesn't contradict itself and readers do, you are clearly contradicting yourself by saying when you die that's it. The bible clearly states your body will return to the dust it was made out of but your soul will continue.

Who the hell is talking about a dead lifeless body that is actually useless in terms of spirtuality?
Man is a soul. There is no part of the body that survives death.
In the bible soul is used to represent people, or animals. (1 peter 3;20, Genesis 9:10, 'Leviticus 11:46

Leviticus 21:11 referred to a dead person as a dead soul.

Man is soul and soul is man.

Genesis 2 vs 7 says that God formed man from dust and then blew into him the breath of life and he became a living soul. . . Without that breath of life, he was a lifeless soul. . . A dead soul

Jesus gave his soul in behalf of many. Soul meant his life.

I'll like you to show me where the bible says that the soul continues after death. Or where the bible mentions an immortal soul that survives death
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 1:53am On Aug 29, 2012
I literally quoted a passage which talks of the soul been reunited with the body on judgement day and you give me this bullshyt?

I quoted luke 16:23-24 and you give me bullshyt about it not mentioning hell?

What the hell is it talking about sexkillz?
I quoted revelation 20:10 and you still gave me that bullshyt

You basically bring contradictory statements.
, "So also is the resurrection of the dead: the body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." (1Corinthians 15:42-44)

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(1 Thessalonians 5:23 KJV)

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."
(Matt. 10:28 KJV)

"And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin."
(Genesis 35:18 KJV)

When your body dies your s
The bible teaches of where the wicked will go to suffer, with everlasting punishment and torments.

Stop chatting shyt my friend and seriously sit and read your bible if truely you want to follow teachings.

Contradictions upon contradictions.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 2:31am On Aug 29, 2012
Re: Discussion Continues. by ATMC(f): 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2012
sexkillz: When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. No part of the body survives death. Our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of our brain. At death, the brain stops working. Our memories, feelings, and senses do not continue to function independently in some mysterious way. They do not survive the destruction of our brain. . . Science supports this.

Hellfire is a fallacy.
hellfire is not fallacy killz...d thing is dt, d pple dt r in hell(if u say its grave, na u sabi) will be thrown into d lake of fire as their names were not found written in d book of life...so said d holy book.
I understand dt a loving creator like god won't permit anybody to be in fire forever but d truth is dt, d burning fire everlasting speaks of d nature of d fire and not of d pple in there. D fire is eternal cos it hails from d eternal creator but d pple in it wont burn everlasting cos they don't have everlasting life, hence d word 'perish' u get?
Re: Discussion Continues. by ATMC(f): 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2012
@sexkillz talking about death...from ur perspective, it seems like death is d cessation of life but its not so...death as a matter of factly puts an end to life on this plane but opens d door to life in other planes. So life on this plane is not compared to any candle light...think about it.
Re: Discussion Continues. by baggy4luv(m): 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2012
sexkillz: when i resurrect, it is back to this earth. . . Where i was created. When God created humans, he did not create them in heaven. If he wanted them in heaven, he would not have bothered about creating the earth, or don't you think so?
tell me how u take be nuisance on several thread,what abt idowuigbo.if una turn nl 2 family hause na una knw.if u like ban my shadow join.fool
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
Shollypopz, verse 27 was talking about judging people according to thier deeds on judgement day, and vs 28 was referring to people that witnessed the transfiguration.

Sorry i answered late.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2012
sexkillz: Shollypopz, verse 27 was talking about judging people according to thier deeds on judgement day, and vs 28 was referring to people that witnessed the transfiguration.

Sorry i answered late.
Really, that'all u got??!!

Mtcheew angry angry
I'm tryna say it raises complications
verse 28 says; some people wont die until Christ's Second Coming

It says "some who are standing here"..........
if we take it that Jesus was talking to some people then, he must have meant "there are some people alive now who wont taste death till he comes"
(people of that time)

Do u get wat I'm saying??
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2012
*Shollypopz:

Really, that'all u got??!!

Mtcheew angry angry
I'm tryna say it raises complications
verse 28 says; some people wont die until Christ's Second Coming

It says "some who are standing here"..........
if we take it that Jesus was talking to some people then, he must have meant "there are some people alive now who wont taste death till he comes"
(people of that time)

Do u get wat I'm saying??
No he meant those standing "here" with him. Else, that would mean the people he was referring to are still alive as we speak. Right?

We both know its wrong. They are dead, so he meant at that particular moment.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2012
sexkillz: No he meant those standing "here" with him. Else, that would mean the people he was referring to are still alive as we speak. Right?

We both know its wrong. They are dead, so he meant at that particular moment.
Are u buttressing my point or against it......
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2012
*Shollypopz:

Are u buttressing my point or against it......
Well, in my reply i said he was referring to those who witnessed the transfiguration. Peter, James and John witnessed the transfiguration and they were standing with Jesus at that time.

I don't think there is a conflict, or is there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nice Lady Looking For A Hook Up / Ibadan Naughty Chat Group / Happy Birthday Khiaa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.