Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:51 AM

Discussion Continues. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Discussion Continues. (8539 Views)

The Romanceland Discussion Forum (1) / Discussion Continues. Part 2 (this Time Its Free For All) / Discussion Continues With Upendo98, Cuddlemii, bhusayor, Dyt,Sexkills and others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2012
kandiikane:

Just from psalm 37:29(the righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever) Ýou conclude there is no hell? That when people die, they die forever?
The righteous will be resurrected to live forever, and the wicked will not be resurrected.

Been saying this all along. Since they would not be resurrected, in effect their death is forever.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
sexkillz: The righteous will be resurrected to live forever, and the wicked will not be resurrected.

Been saying this all along. Since they would not be resurrected, in effect their death is forever.

LOL! Omg!

And you got this from just a single line? Lmaoo.

This was God's original plan(humans living on earth forever) but obviously because of sin, it is now the righteous who will live on earth forever.

Nowhere does the bible say when we die we die forever and only the righteous will get resurrected.

If you read revelations, it will tell you the God's plan of wanting humans/believers to live on earth forever. That's where Zion comes in to play. Still doesn't mean people won't go to heaven because the bible states that only a small amount of people out of billions will ascend into heaven during the rapture(therefore not all christians will go to heaven but some will also stay on earth to fulfil God's original plan.) He will get rid of all the plagues of the worlds and the earth will revert back to how he intented before Adam. Pastors(yes, I have been to churches) only preach of heaven forgetting that only about 144,000 people will enter(if I got the number right), they forget to preach about the kingdom or paradise/heaven on earth God will create. It still doesn't mean the wicked will not get resurrected and die forever. They will be in hell because that's what the bible says. Read your bible, read revelation.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 1:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
Bible study class huh? Classic
Re: Discussion Continues. by 7footre(m): 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2012
Na so the matter use end?
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2012
I don't know oo. grin
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
lol Sexkillz u slept off yesterday

Good morning, Kandii........

@ Sexkillz: U changed d whole confusion debate, u never mentioned dis earlier on d prev. thread. U simply said Atheists were confused and I tried proving to you Christians/Religious people are more confused

Tried talking about Faith and logic but I know u naa, u never reply based on what is posed or suggested to you. I doubt if u take time to read responses.

I love ur view on hell....earlier on this thread I said;

Shollypopz:
I think hell is a state. A state of "complete absence of God." (Not literal fire)
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
undecided
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
Pls bear with me. I'll be away for about 6hrs. Duty calls. Will be back.

smiley
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
Shollypopz: lol Sexkillz u slept off yesterday

@ Sexkillz: U changed d whole confusion debate, u never mentioned dis earlier on d prev. thread. U simply said Atheists were confused and I tried proving to you Christians/Religious people are more confused

Tried talking about Faith and logic but I know u naa, u never reply based on what is posed or suggested to you. I doubt if u take time to read responses.

You, kandii and slimyem raised different issues. In replying them all at once, everything was interwoven.

Today will be all about hell and heaven alone. Let's trash that out.

Our views on hell are kinda similar. We'll soon reach a conclusion.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2012
^^^^ *Frowns*
Answer the following questions when u come back........My views on hell are not too far from urs, lol

Do you believe in the the 3 layers?? (The one I explained to u earlier)
If you don't then we have nothing to argue about but if u do, angry angry angry

The bible did make mention of hell though, I wonder why u were asking Kandii to quote scriptures to disprove you?
Matt 25:41, matt 25:46, 2 thess 1:8-9, Matt 10:28, Rev 14.11............A lot of the rest are exegesis

P.S: I WON ON THE CONFUSION DEBATE!! I SEE UR DUMB A*SS TRYING TO CHANGE HIS STANCE....SMH!!
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2012
Shollypopz: ^^^^ *Frowns*
Answer the following questions when u come back........My views on hell are not too far from urs, lol
No qualms.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
sexkillz: No qualms.
I'm having my alone time on this thread....stop replying!
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2012
sexkillz: You, kandii and slimyem raised different issues. In replying them all at once, everything was interwoven.

Today will be all about hell and heaven alone. Let's trash that out.

Our views on hell are kinda similar. We'll soon reach a conclusion.

You said there was no hell, stop changing your tune or have you accepted that there is? undecided
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2012
Shollypopz: lol Sexkillz u slept off yesterday

Morning.

I actually have the same feeling about hell but in the end the bible states what hell will be like and we cannot mix personal feelings with the bible.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2012
@Sexkillz: B4 u read d below, try to read my comments above.....Hate repeating myself

Paul was not saying that there existed 3 heavens or 3 levels of heaven. In d past some people/culture(eyes dem viciously) used the term heaven to describe 3 realms - the sky, outer space and spiritual heaven. It is often known as the terrestrial, telestial, and celestial heavens; these terms may I remind u sexkillz is entirely unbiblical.
Paul was saying in Corinthians 2 that God took him to the “celestial” heavens, as in the realm in which God dwells.
I know d Muslims also believe in 7 layers of heaven (*does a silent chuckle*)

I believe in levels or should I say layers of reward in heaven not layers of heaven. lol
The scripture does speak about rewards - Revelation 22:12 and 2 Timothy 4:7-8

1 Cor. 3:12 referred to our valuable works here on earth as gold, silver and costly stones and those that are built upon the foundation of faith in Christ. Those that won't be rewarded are called wood, straw and hay. Bear in mind, these are not sinful deeds but shallow activities without eternal value.

I think there are 2 'judgements'.
One where the righteous are separated from the unrighteous. Heaven and hell. And one where those in heaven are rewarded according to the works that their gifts have yielded. The Bible talks about all sorts of crowns that people in Heaven would get. Those crowns are based on the fruits of the gifts given them.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
kandiikane:

Morning.

I actually have the same feeling about hell but in the end the bible states what hell will be like and we cannot mix personal feelings with the bible.
Read those scriptures explaining what hell will feel like again.........try removing ur old views about hell and this time, read like a scholar....

lol, i can't say wiv d Holy Spirit's direction/help.....
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2012
If there is something I love about discussions like this, it's what u find out.....

Just like finding out there were no "three" wise men...

Adam was the one that named Eve not God.....

*where are those my Sunday school teachers again, angry angry*
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 3:43pm On Aug 28, 2012
@sholly, I usually read the bible as an outsider. It was sexkillz, who asked for quotes in the bible, if that wasn't the case then I wouldn't be arguing points blatantly out of the bible about a hell( a place of torture and great agony).
I didn't put in exactly how I feel about how I view the scriptures in my head because we are talking about what's in the bible.
There are so many contradictory statements in there and only someone with a strong faith can actually follow without going too deep to confused themselves even more.

Judgement day is believed to be the final judgement. Dead people will be given physical forms and those alive will join them to be judged with perfect justice by God.

Everything as we know it will cease to exist.--- interpreted from (2 Peter 3:10-13)

From reading the speculations about the mayan religion/culture and the hoohaas about 2012=judgement day.

The mayans did not say we would be destroyed completely and that's it, nothing more. It is said there will be a rebirth of a new world, different to what was in existance. Yes, there will be sufferings and pain but after all of that God will reveal the big plan he has for mankind.

Many similarities.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
We can cross out the arguments of hell, and be free spirited and share our own interpretation and understanding from what we have studied.
If sexkillz, nor wan, we can argue the same path we were arguing in.

I may not seem it but I love learning and reading and hearing other people's opinions on something like this.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2012
Did kandii actually mention 2012 as judgement day? Kai! I cant wait to get home. sad
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2012
sexkillz: Did kandii actually mention 2012 as judgement day? Kai! I cant wait to get home. sad

Go read my comment sexkillz.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2012
kandiikane: @sholly, I usually read the bible as an outsider. It was sexkillz, who asked for quotes in the bible, if that wasn't the case then I wouldn't be arguing points blatantly out of the bible about a hell( a place of torture and great agony).
I didn't put in exactly how I feel about how I view the scriptures in my head because we are talking about what's in the bible.
There are so many contradictory statements in there and only someone with a strong faith can actually follow without going too deep to confused themselves even more.

Judgement day is believed to be the final judgement. Dead people will be given physical forms and those alive will join them to be judged with perfect justice by God.

Everything as we know it will cease to exist.--- interpreted from (2 Peter 3:10-13)

From reading the speculations about the mayan religion/culture and the hoohaas about 2012=judgement day.

The mayans did not say we would be destroyed completely and that's it, nothing more. It is said there will be a rebirth of a new world, different to what was in existance. Yes, there will be sufferings and pain but after all of that God will reveal the big plan he has for mankind.

Many similarities.
Apart from d 'bolded', we agree on everything else.
I dey come.........

I chose to ignore d Mayans part....Reading ur post again, I disagree with everything, lol OR maybe I should say I hv questions
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 5:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
lol, ahaha! That's minor. grin
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2012
I am home. . . In a while now.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
Let's discuss Hell, and until we are done with hell, no further issue should be raised. I need my sanity and i am on a mobile. Hard to keep up sometimes. . .
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2012
sexkillz: Let's discuss Hell, and until we are done with hell, no further issue should be raised. I need my sanity and i am on a mobile. Hard to keep up sometimes. . .

That was the whole argument sexkillz, you started bringing other issues in there and changing your stance.

It's getting boring now. The bible mentions hell. Finito!
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 11:38pm On Aug 28, 2012
Shollypopz:
Apart from d 'bolded', we agree on everything else.
I dey come.........

I chose to ignore d Mayans part....Reading ur post again, I disagree with everything, lol OR maybe I should say I hv questions

What are the questions?
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
Collier's Encyclopedia (1986, vol. 12, p. 28) says concerning "hell": First, it stands for the Hebrew sheol of the old testament and the Greek Hades of the septuagint and new testament. Since sheol in old testament times referred simply to the abode of the dead and suggested no moral distinctions, the word "hell", as understood today, is moth a happy translation."

"Hellfire" has been a basic teaching in Christendom for many centuries, it is understandable why the Encyclopedia American (1956, vol. XIV, p 81) said: "Much confusion and misunderstanding has been caused through the early translators of the Bible persistently rendering the Hebrew Sheol and the Greek Hades and Gehenna by the word hell. The simple transliteration of these words by the translators of the revised editions of the Bible has not sufficed to appreciably clear up this confusion and misconception"

"The transliteration and consistent rendering of those words enables a Bible student to make an accurate comparison of the texts in which those words appear and, with open mind, thereby arrive at the correct understanding of their true significance"
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 28, 2012
But wait ooo, when did Sexkillz start working...when I joined here, d guy was always on here 24/7 !

hmmmm...........
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 28, 2012
kandiikane:

That was the whole argument sexkillz, you started bringing other issues in there and changing your stance.

It's getting boring now. The bible mentions hell. Finito!
I am not arguing that the bible mentions hell. What i am against is that the bible mentions "hellfire" as a place or torment for wicked ones. That is a lie!

In some translations, hell is used. In others, sheol is used, and while in others gehenna and yet again, in some, hades is used. Sheol, hades and gehenna have been referred to as the common grave of mankind. "hell" is no different. Hell is the common grave of mankind.

My argument is on the non existence of "hellfire" and the fallacious use of "hellfire" to imbibe fear in the minds of people or threatening them. God does not and will never force anyone to serve him. So the idea of a "threat in the name of God" is wrong. . .
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 11:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
sexkillz: Collier's Encyclopedia (1986, vol. 12, p. 28) says concerning "hell": First, it stands for the Hebrew sheol of the old testament and the Greek Hades of the septuagint and new testament. Since sheol in old testament times referred simply to the abode of the dead and suggested no moral distinctions, the word "hell", as understood today, is moth a happy translation."

"Hellfire" has been a basic teaching in Christendom for many centuries, it is understandable why the Encyclopedia American (1956, vol. XIV, p 81) said: "Much confusion and misunderstanding has been caused through the early translators of the Bible persistently rendering the Hebrew Sheol and the Greek Hades and Gehenna by the word hell. The simple transliteration of these words by the translators of the revised editions of the Bible has not sufficed to appreciably clear up this confusion and misconception"

"The transliteration and consistent rendering of those words enables a Bible student to make an accurate comparison of the texts in which those words appear and, with open mind, thereby arrive at the correct understanding of their true significance"

Lmaooo@ spending shytloads of hours researching and coming up with this.

Oh boy, I'm tired. Got a dress I need to sew tomorrow. Very sleepy.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 11:57pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ok, so you believe there is hell but there is no hell(where the wicked is tormented?
It's a lie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nice Lady Looking For A Hook Up / Ibadan Naughty Chat Group / Happy Birthday Khiaa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.