Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Discussion Continues. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Discussion Continues. (8429 Views)

The Romanceland Discussion Forum (1) / Discussion Continues. Part 2 (this Time Its Free For All) / Discussion Continues With Upendo98, Cuddlemii, bhusayor, Dyt,Sexkills and others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 12:00am On Sep 05, 2012
Smh
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 28, 2012
Sometimes I think the bible itself is disproving the idea of "Trinity"

1 Cor. 15 vs 27-28

Mathew 24 vs 36

Mark 10 vs 18

John 1 vs 1-5

John 14 vs 28
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 7:37am On Oct 28, 2012
Here we go again
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44: Here we go again
lol, I'm yet to even explain sef

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God and Jesus was a God - Theologians(makes loads of sense to me)
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2012
Can I join in? Please, pretty please
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44: Can I join in? Please, pretty please
lol, if u promise not to get too emotional or get offended when I challenge your core belief as a christian
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:
lol, if u promise not to get too emotional or get offended when I challenge your core belief as a christian
My core as a Christian? I am trying to understand the religion sef.
So whats the topic for today?
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
My core as a Christian? I am trying to understand the religion sef.
So whats the topic for today?

1 Cor. 15 vs 27-28

Mathew 24 vs 36

Mark 10 vs 18

John 1 vs 1-5

John 14 vs 28

You have to read the bible verses though smiley
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

1 Cor. 15 vs 27-28

Mathew 24 vs 36

Mark 10 vs 18

John 1 vs 1-5

John 14 vs 28

the trinity was never a teaching of the bible. smiley
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

1 Cor. 15 vs 27-28

Mathew 24 vs 36

Mark 10 vs 18

John 1 vs 1-5

John 14 vs 28

I don't believe in the Trinity. It was never mentioned in the bible. It was introduced by the Romans just like their silly representation of Madonna
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
I don't believe in the Trinity. It was never mentioned in the bible. It was introduced by the Romans just like their silly representation of Madonna
LMAO!! Are u a christian?? Cos u can't be a christian and not believe in the trinity. It goes against what Christianity is and it's foundation graduating from Judaism.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2012
sexkillz: the trinity was never a teaching of the bible. smiley
No, but Christians believe it is implied in the bible.

Btw, I know u believe in the trinity.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:
LMAO!! Are u a christian?? Cos u can't be a christian and not believe in the trinity. It goes against what Christianity is and it's foundation graduating from Judaism.
Just cos I am Christian does not mean I should believe in every crap ot there.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Just cos I am Christian does not mean I should believe in every crap ot there.

lol, the trinity cannot be crap to you. Because if there is no trinity, then there is no Christianity.

You cannot say u don't believe in the trinity and then call urself a Christian.

It's quite funny to me actually, do u know what ur faith is at all??
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:
No, but Christians believe it is implied in the bible.

Btw, I know u believe in the trinity.
I dont believe the trinity, just the same as i dont celebrate Christmas!
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

lol, the trinity cannot be crap to you. Because if there is no trinity, then there is no Christianity.

The problem with people like you is that your aim is always to win arguments rather than reasoning together with others. How can you say if there is no trinity there is no Christianity when trinity is not biblical?

And you have people saying they do not believe the trinity and you wanna win an argument forcing them to believe in it because they are Christians?
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2012
sexkillz: I dont believe the trinity, just the same as i dont celebrate Christmas!
WTF?? Falls down from bed.....

lol, are u a Jehovah's Witnes??

2 Likes

Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 10:24am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

Where in the bible is the Trinity? How can that be a foundation of my faith?
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

I celebrate Christmas, I just don't agree with the date. In my house, they call me "The Grinch"
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2012
sexkillz: The problem with people like you is that your aim is always to win arguments rather than reasoning together with others. How can you say if there is no trinity there is no Christianity when trinity is not biblical?

And you have people saying they do not believe the trinity and you wanna win an argument forcing them to believe in it because they are Christians?
LMAO!! Calm down boy, this is no argument....

I just have to ask, who is Jesus and the Holy spirit to y'all??!!
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

I'll answer this when i come back. . . Stay tuned
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
I celebrate Christmas, I just don't agree with the date. In my house, they call me "The Grinch"
I would leave the Christmas thing out of this for now. Let's face trinity.

I have to admit this is the first time I've met ppl that call themselves Christians and don't believe in the trinity.

What makes you different from the Muslims and the Jews??
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

Go compare Genesis chapter one and John chapter one
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

Do i have to be a Jehovah's witness to know what the bible says?
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2012
In genesis one, it says "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form or void and the spirit of God move above the waters"
now the first person introduced in the bible is the Holy Spirit but remember that God is also omnipresent and it is by this spirit that he does that. That does not make the holy spirit someone else. It just makes him God's presence.
The son or word is also in Genesis. Every time "God said" he is bringing the Word into action and that's why John 1 says the word created everything.
Can you separate a man from his Word? That's why God and his word are one.
"in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God"
when the word needed being saved, the Word was made flesh. Which is the same word that has being in existence from the beginning. So you see, the word, spirit and God are the same person. Unlike what the trinity says
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44: In genesis one, it says "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form or void and the spirit of God move above the waters"
now the first person introduced in the bible is the Holy Spirit but remember that God is also omnipresent and it is by this spirit that he does that. That does not make the holy spirit someone else. It just makes him God's presence.
The son or word is also in Genesis. Every time "God said" he is bringing the Word into action and that's why John 1 says the word created everything.
when the word needed being saved, the Word was made flesh. Which is the same word that has being in existence from the beginning. So you see, the word, spirit and God are the same person. Unlike what the trinity says

Wikipedia's Definition of Trinity(which will be my stance): The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as three divine persons or hypostases:[1] the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.

The three persons are distinct yet coexist in unity, and are co-equal, co-eternal and con-substantial. Put another way, the three persons of the Trinity are of one being or ousia.[2] The Trinity is considered to be a mystery of Christian faith.

[3]According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire. They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: as the Fourth Lateran Council declared, "it is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds". While distinct in their relations with one another, they are one in all else. The whole work of creation and grace is a single operation common to all three divine persons, who at the same time operate according to their unique properties, so that all things are from the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44: In genesis one, it says "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, the earth was without form or void and the spirit of God move above the waters"
The word in this sense is Jesus right?? Based on John 1 vs 2-5.

There's so much holes in what u wrote, I'm a lil confused. I'll explain later.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 10:55am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

Wikipedia's Definition of Trinity(which will be my stance): The Christian doctrine of the Trinity defines God as three divine persons or hypostases:[1] the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.

The three persons are distinct yet coexist in unity, and are co-equal, co-eternal and con-substantial. Put another way, the three persons of the Trinity are of one being or ousia.[2] The Trinity is considered to be a mystery of Christian faith.

[3]According to this doctrine, there is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire. They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin: as the Fourth Lateran Council declared, "it is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds". While distinct in their relations with one another, they are one in all else. The whole work of creation and grace is a single operation common to all three divine persons, who at the same time operate according to their unique properties, so that all things are from the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.
What was your former signature?
"I can stand non educated wikipedia educated folks" right? Or was it someone else? The fact that wiki says so does not make it true na.
The three of them are not distinct, they are the same so I don't believe in the trinity. Simple.
The same way I don't believe the book of Job actually happened
Re: Discussion Continues. by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
What was your former signature?
"I can stand non educated wikipedia educated folks" right? Or was it someone else? The fact that wiki says so does not make it true na.
The three of them are not distinct, they are the same so I don't believe in the trinity. Simple.
The same way I don't believe the book of Job actually happened

No, u misunderstood me. I'm not saying because Wikipedia defined something that makes it right. Most of the time in a discourse most ppl have different meanings of what they are talking about. So, I'm only trying to tell u my definition of trinity. which is the generally accepted meaning/version. I don't copy anything from Wikipedia without looking @ its source.

LMAO!! Just defining something doesn't mean I've won the argument. It's just an introduction to the direction in which my argument will take off.
Re: Discussion Continues. by Mynd44: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2012
Shollypopz:

No, u misunderstood me. I'm not saying because Wikipedia defined something that makes it right. Most of the time in a discourse most ppl have different meanings of what they are talking about. So, I'm only trying to tell u my definition of trinity. which is the generally accepted meaning/version. I don't copy anything from Wikipedia without looking @ its source.

LMAO!! Just defining something doesn't mean I've won the argument. It's just an introduction to the direction in which my argument will take off.
Okay. Make I wash this car finish.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kandiikane(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2012
I personally believe that, the trinity isn't different to other people's religion who have more than one branch of their God. 3 gods but the same.

There are many religions with their own 'trinity'.
Re: Discussion Continues. by kunlejazz(m): 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2012
I'd really like to join in this discussion. House, am I permitted?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Need A Sexmate In Osogbo/ibadan Drop Your BBM Pin Or Number / Drop Your BBM Pin And Meet New Friends / Who Wants To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.