Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (15451 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Foreign Airlines Raise Fares By 100% / Anambra Attracts $1.65bn Investments As Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

The same in bold is apter for your business executives. You are one lazy thinker. Please mention to me 10 ''mobile executives'' in Nigeria.
Emeka
Chukwumerijie
Nwosu
Chukwunonso
Uzo
Obinna
Okafor
Chukwudi
Nwankwo
Okocha

Guess what; they are all Igbo but they ALL live in Lagos. cheesy
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by skyflash(m): 5:09pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lagos south west Abuja north Enugu south east all in Nigeria and Nigeria is on a tripod so why all the fuse?

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

How do you even define ''executive'' and can you support the claim that there are less Igbo ''executives'' capable of flying out of Nigeria than others?

I didn't support either position. I simply corrected the way Afam phrased his statement.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Arguing that a huge percentage of executives are not Igbo is not the same thing as saying there are no Igbo executives. Please learn to phrase your sentences better.

Moreover, didn't many Nigerians criticize the Nigerian government over the way it handled it's relationship with Virgin? Especially after the interview Branson gave.
A huge chunk can mean 10%, 20%, 50%.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:

The emboldened just encapsulates your level of bigotry and your allergy to common sense. At this point i don't think i can help you.

I beg leave that ''mobile executive'' jagba jantis boy. He is a non-starter. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I need him to show me a list of the so-called ''mobile executives'' in Nigeria who travel out 3-4 times a week.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica:
Emeka
Chukwumerijie
Nwosu
Chukwunonso
Uzo
Obinna
Okafor
Chukwudi
Nwankwo
Okocha

Guess what; they are all Igbo but they ALL live in Lagos. cheesy

There you have it, you are one lying mothafucker. Olodo rabata grin grin grin grin
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:
A huge chunk can mean 10%, 20%, 50%.

And is 1%, 3%, 9% equal to arguing that there are no Igbo executives?

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

I beg leave that ''mobile executive'' jagba jantis boy. He is a non-starter. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I need him to show me a list of the so-called ''mobile executives'' in Nigeria who travel out 3-4 times a week.
THis is actually the first time i'm seeing the term "mobile executive" Where are they mobiling(permit my english) to and where are they executing whatever it is that they're executing. A gala seller kinda fits the description of a mobile executive grin That logica guys needs to get a brain implant asap

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

And is 1%, 3%, 9% equal to arguing that there are no Igbo executives?
So, are you implying that there are less than 10% of Igbo white collar executives? Do you have any proof of this? I think you and especially logica are not helping your argument. I think it would make more sense if you stuck with your argument that most of these business executives and traders are not based in Igbo land than trying to turn logic upside down even when satan himself is shocked at how far people can lie just to prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:
THis is actually the first time i'm seeing the term "mobile executive" Where are they mobiling(permit my english) to and where are they executing whatever it is that they're executing. A gala seller kinda fits the description of a mobile executive grin That logica guys needs to get a brain implant asap
Dude shut up already. Why won't it be the first time you've heard it? You that asked this kind of question: "how can they get 4 visas in a week?" Can you actually be considered a knowledgeable person in ANY subject?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 5:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:
So, are you implying that there are less than 10% of Igbo white collar executives? Do you have any proof of this? I think you and especially logica are not helping your argument. I think it would make more sense if you stuck with your argument that most of these business executives and traders are not based in Igbo land than trying to turn logic upside down even when satan himself is shocked at how far people can lie just to prove a point.

Afam,

I am not debating the number of executives and their ethnicity.

I was merely correcting the grammar and logic of your statement. Can you not see what is wrong with the statement below? You are stating that arguing that less than a huge chunk (which can be 10, 20, 30 according to you) is the same as stating that there are no Igbo executives.

afam4eva: This may actually be the first time Nigerians are siding with foreign airlines against their own countries. Why? Because it's Enugu airport and not Ibadan or Kano. Had it been Kano that those airlines were told to land, that house of reps mallam won't open his dirty mouth to shout sectionalism and we won't even be arguing here. But because they were told to move to Enugu because of lack of space, it has become the worst thing to happen to Nigeria after Abacha. God will deliver all of you.

As for that logica. You better change your user name to "illogica" because this is the first time i'm hearing that there are more business executives than traders. [b]Mind you a huge chunk of those executives are Igbos except you're implying that there are no Igbo executive therefore implying that all Igbo business men are traders. [/b]I won't be surprised anyways because your level of reasoning has made me to expect anything from your air-head.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: Dude shut up already. Why won't it be the first time you've heard it? You that asked this kind of question: "how can they get 4 visas in a week?" Can you actually be considered a knowledgeable person in ANY subject?
lol grin...**just passing** grin
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Afam,

I am not debating the number of executives and their ethnicity.

I was merely correcting the grammar and logic of your statement. Can you not see what is wrong with the statement below? You are stating that arguing that less than a huge chunk (which can be 10, 20, 30 according to you) is the same as stating that there are no Igbo executives.

That was a misuse of word on my part. I apologetic(permit my english) grin
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Mallam20: 5:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
All Nigeria needs now is even development not politics. I live in Port-Harcourt and recently went to Abu Dhabi for a two weeks certification course. I havet to go to Lagos because there's no connecting flight from Port-Harcourt to Abu Dhabi and in my coming back it was only God that saved us in the local flight I boarded and I also want to let us know without sentiment that most the guys in my international flight were ibos.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mallam20: All Nigeria needs now is even development not politics. I live in Port-Harcourt and recently went to Abu Dhabi for a two weeks certification course. I have go to Lagos because there's no connecting flight from Port-Harcourt to Abu Dhabi and in my coming back it was only God that saved us in the local flight I boarded and I also want to let us know without sentiment that most the guys in my international flight were ibos.

But no airline will fly from PH if there isn't sufficient demand.

If it were not for demand, flights would originate and terminate at every single airport. That is the fact.

Airlines exist to make money and that is the simple fact.

People that have to catch connecting flights, complain about doing so.

People that have direct flights also complain about
a) Why only one flight in a week?
b) Why only one flight in a day?

And these complaints are made even in countries with well developed infrastructure let alone an infra-structurally poor country like Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by kmariko: 6:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
Pray, Why was enugu Airport Pre-civil war international airport with the likes of BOAC flying from it..,.,
Does it mean
1. There were more profit made pre-war than to be made post-war.
2. Pre-war Enugu had more international passengers than Post-war enugu.
3. Pre-war Enugu travelled more than Post-war enugu
4. pre-war enugu had more companies than post -war enugu.
5. Pre-war enugu had international status and after the war the international status was removed by the government.
6. pre-war enugu had more population than Post-war enugu.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by kmariko: 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
tunnytox:

All these 'major' airports you stated here may be international airports but does not have any INTERCONTINENTAL flights but CONTINENTAL flights. Most flights plying these routes are flights within their continents, for instance there are direct flights from most European cities to Manchester or Birmingham but you cannot fly directly to these cities without stopping over at a major European airports.
Enugu airport can start taking flights from Ghana, Ethiopia or even south Africa but a direct flight from Doha or even Istanbul is not feasible except you want the airlines to run at loss.

Sir, I flew from Tokyo to Perth Australia and Also from Hawaii to Melbourne, last I checked Tokyo and Hawaii are not in " continental" Australia. One can fly from Dallas directly to Australia, or Houston . Last I checked also both cities are in USA not Australia, same goes for flights from Any of the Airports from California to Osaka or Tokyo or Fukoka, they are all "intercontinental" if you want to use those terms instead of international.
Sir, the word is international not intercontinental,but whatever way you want to slice it it is still between two or more nations.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
Mallam20: All Nigeria needs now is even development not politics. I live in Port-Harcourt and recently went to Abu Dhabi for a two weeks certification course. I havet to go to Lagos because there's no connecting flight from Port-Harcourt to Abu Dhabi and in my coming back it was only God that saved us in the local flight I boarded and[b] I also want to let us know without sentiment that most the guys in my international flight were ibos[/b].

That in color is a reasonable response. How can a nation grow when development is uneven?

On connecting flights and all that, it depends on the route. You can fly to PHC from outside with Lufthansa with a stop especially in Frankfurt and not having to stop in Lagos.

I am sure if certain airlines are dedicated to certain routes, then each of the international airlines will maximize profit in their niches, while letting the airport in question be internationalized to certain routes. All airlines don't have to fly to the same airport. In the USA some airlines have hubs in certain airports and not in others.

In Nigeria, most northerners will be heading for the middle East, so a hub for middle eastern routes will make sense to be somewhere in the North. The same can be said for a hub in Enugu for the Asian routes, where most Igbo traders travel to buy goods.
USA and European routes can be shared by all and sundry and these are places with significant Igbo population relative to Yoruba and the North.

I have seen that in bold in many flights and I can call myself a frequent flier.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 7:37pm On Aug 30, 2012
kmariko: Pray, Why was enugu Airport Pre-civil war international airport with the likes of BOAC flying from it..,.,
Does it mean
1. There were more profit made pre-war than to be made post-war.
2. Pre-war Enugu had more international passengers than Post-war enugu.
3. Pre-war Enugu travelled more than Post-war enugu
4. pre-war enugu had more companies than post -war enugu.
5. Pre-war enugu had international status and after the war the international status was removed by the government.
6. pre-war enugu had more population than Post-war enugu.

You mean, pre Civil War when Enugu was the CAPITAL of the Eastern Region? Does that answer your question? The region was autonomous then, and could afford to spend on an International airport.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: Dude shut up already. Why won't it be the first time you've heard it? You that asked this kind of question: "how can they get 4 visas in a week?" Can you actually be considered a knowledgeable person in ANY subject?

Still waiting for a list of your ''mobile executives'' who travel 3-4 times a week by flight outside Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin

You think say naija na America grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

Still waiting for a list of your ''mobile executives'' who travel 3-4 times a week by flight outside Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin

You think say naija na America grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I already provided a stvpid answer to a stvpid question. While you are waiting, let me show you up as a dyslexia patient. Answer the question below.

If I travel from Lagos to Accra and back 2 times, how many trips did I make?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
A-ZeD:
[/b]

The bolded is where you are getting it wrong. While Igbos might prefer to fly out from Enugu, how many foriegners have Enugu as their destination? Or do you seriously expect airlines to land half full in Enugu because Igbos want to fly from there?.
Even with all the oil companies and foriegners in PH, how many airlines fly direct to PH? That should give you an idea of the viability of the Enugu airport.

Foreigners are not the major travelers to Nigeria. Nigerians are. If A flight leaves Enugu filled, there is every likelihood that it will return to Enugu filled. Besides, they can stop over at Enugu, drop folks there, and go elsewhere to drop other folks and pick new folks, and return to Enugu for the outbound flight. This is a regular practice world over.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by kmariko: 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: You mean, pre Civil War when Enugu was the CAPITAL of the Eastern Region? Does that answer your question? The region was autonomous then, and could afford to spend on an International airport.

Sir, so being a capital is a pre-requiste then to build and site an international airport, but why did BOAC choose to fly the route or were they forced by the federation or regional government
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: I already provided a stvpid answer to a stvpid question. While you are waiting, let me show you up as a dyslexia patient. Answer the question below.

Oloshi. Na Accra your so-called ''mobile executives'' they go do business. You for fly go Cotonou now, where you can make 20 trips a day. You small-time local champion.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 7:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
kmariko: .

Sir, so being a capital is a pre-requiste then to build and site an international airport, but why did BOAC choose to fly the route or were they forced by the federation or regional government
I expect that being an autonomous region, there was just as much activity as to other region's capitals. Now get this: even today Ibadan that was the capital of the Western region no longer enjoys that status; so international travelers from Ibadan make their way to Lagos.

Once again, I'm ambivalent towards the move of the minister, but I find the claim that Igbo traders (especially those based in the East) travel more than every other group in this country ridiculous.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

Oloshi. Na Accra your so-called ''mobile executives'' they go do business. You for fly go Cotonou now, where you can make 20 trips a day. You small-time local champion.
Olori buruku. OK the monkey doesn't like 'Accra', I'll change it. Answer the simple question:

If I travel from Lagos to London and back 2 times, how many trips did I make?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: Olori buruku. OK the monkey doesn't like 'Accra', I'll change it. Answer the simple question:

Nwa mpama, ogara sukulu amaghi akwukwo:

No Nigerian executive will fly to London and return and fly back to London (and then return to Naija) within one week (3-4 flights/per week). You are a cheap liar.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by tunnytox(m): 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2012
kmariko:

Sir, I flew from Tokyo to Perth Australia and Also from Hawaii to Melbourne, last I checked Tokyo and Hawaii are not in " continental" Australia. One can fly from Dallas directly to Australia, or Houston . Last I checked also both cities are in USA not Australia, same goes for flights from Any of the Airports from California to Osaka or Tokyo or Fukoka, they are all "intercontinental" if you want to use those terms instead of international.
Sir, the word is international not intercontinental,but whatever way you want to slice it it is still between two or more nations.

Bro please try to compare likes with likes, Tokyo and Perth are not within the same continents agreed but they are more within the same flying routes. Moreso south east asia and Australia have numerous trade and tourism links. same goes for your flights from Hawaii to Melbourne. These flights are more like flying from Talinn (Estonia) to Manchester or rather Istanbul to Manchester. Also don't forget that I stated that some Intercontinental flights also fly directly to routes within UK just because the demand is there.

Also you have to realise that both USA and Australia are very bid countries with regions who are autonomous, thriving and economically viable, the cities you mentioned such as dallas and houston are attractive tourist destination and even from the UK here you can fly directly there and many USA cities because of the availability of many package holidays. The same cannot be said of Enugu, Ibadan, Ilorin, Jos or even Sokoto.

If Nigeria develops her country and become an attractive tourist and business hub there will be lots of airlines queing to fly to Enugu either to link Obudu ranch,Oguta lake and many other attractive tourist destination in the east. It is not right put a cart before a horse, lets get things right and allow things to take shape as it should be.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

Nwa mpama, ogara sukulu amaghi akwukwo:

No Nigerian executive will fly to London and return and fly back to London (and then return to Naija) within one week (3-4 flights/per week). You are a cheap liar.
LMAO. I like the fact that you've started speaking gibberish (your language which I don't understand).

Once again, I will change it to the manner you like it: answer this basic question and stop jabbering like a monkey:

If I travel from Lagos to London and then Lagos to Equatorial Guinea both times returning to Lagos, how many trips did I make?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: LMAO. I like the fact that you've started speaking gibberish (your language which I don't understand).

Once again, I will change it to the manner you like it: answer this basic question and stop jabbering like a monkey:

That's too cheap for a ''mobile executive''. Ordinary ''non-executive immobile'' Igbo traders from Nnewi travel from Lagos to Dubai and back next day, and then head to China enroute Brazil via the Pacific route, and back to Lagos within 5 days. They still have 2 day left to decide where next to head out to before the week ends.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

That's too cheap for a ''mobile executive''. Ordinary ''non-executive immobile'' Igbo traders from Nnewi travel from Lagos to Dubai and back next day, and then head to China enroute Brazil via the Pacific route, and back to Lagos within 5 days. They still have 2 day left to decide where next to head out to before the week ends.
I think I am done with this dyslexic monkey. If you cannot answer the question, my point is proven.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by rhymz(m): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2012
I wonder why there is so much veiled bigotry in addressing issues that concern Igbos.
Some things will never change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UAE Extends Ban On Nigerian Flights Till March 10 / Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt / Jamaica, No Problem!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.