Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (15450 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Foreign Airlines Raise Fares By 100% / Anambra Attracts $1.65bn Investments As Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Kobojunkie: 4:21am On Aug 30, 2012
FSU: This is written like an ignoramus or a mischief maker. PH is in the South South

Sorry but the above comment is what is is written by a mischief maker/ignoramus. There are 3 viable international airports and 6/7 [b]political [/b]regions in Nigeria. What makes you think the location of the 3 viable airports have anything to do with regions? Since when did location of viable airports in the country become about political regions created to benefit politicians?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 4:23am On Aug 30, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Sorry but the above comment is what is is written by a mischief maker/ignoramus. There are 3 viable international airports and 6/7 [b]political [/b]regions in Nigeria. What makes you think the location of the 3 viable airports have anything to do with regions? Since when did location of viable airports in the country become about political regions created to benefit politicians?

PH is not in the SE. True or false?

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 4:31am On Aug 30, 2012
OAM4J:

Agreed many Igbos are traders (even though many more people travel for various other reasons apart from trading) but majority of Igbo businesses are not even located in South East. Like you mentioned Alaba, of what use is the need of Enugu Airport to Igbo businessmen operating in Alaba, Kaduna, Kano and Abuja?

If Enugu route is viable, no minister need to direct the airlines before considering it. Am sure the airlines know the traffic volumes better. Besides the airport has just been re-opened, the minister should allow it gather momentum from local flights 1st, if the volume of local flights is high many of the international airlines will naturally give it considerations.

The highlighted stuff is a big fat lie. How many Igbos are outside Igboland compared to those inside? The biggest import markets in Nigeria remains Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba. Even at that, many of the Alaba boys have shops in the East too. You can ask this of them. I know a man who has shops in Aba, Lagos, and Onitsha and his boys in the Eastern shops, as with him in Lagos, travel on two-weekly basis to buy stuff.

Anyways, this argument is mute; just go to the airport lobby and sniff around about those who travel out more on daily/weekly basis. Not going to Hajj or Jerusalem on pilgrimage once in a year. OKAY!!!!!!

And, those other people who travel for other reasons you alluded to also include Igbos, no?

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by tunnytox(m): 7:43am On Aug 30, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

Ok, so let's look at things objectively here; something that most forumites here are refusing to do because they have been blinded by their own bigotry. If there is no more room/landing space at the international airports in Abuja and Lagos, then some international airlines must be redirected to other international airports within the country. I mean, it does not go any other way. All airports around the world including Nigeria have a maximum landing capacity. Once that capacity has been reached, other airports must be utilized.

Can you imagine if all foreign airlines flying into america all wanted to land at JFK international airport in New York and Dulles international airport in washington DC only? Don't you think that after a while, some requests for landing space will have to be denied if there is too much congestion at these airports while other airports around the USA barely have any traffic?

I mean sometimes, Nigerians must learn to put aside tribal sentiments and see things from an unbiased point of view. Are you aware that planes can crash into each other and cause fatalities if an international airport is too congested and landing spaces are not sufficient? When that happens, the same Nigerians will come on nairaland shouting and blaming the government and corruption.

It seems most Nigerians don't know what they truly want. As a people you complain when your leaders are not working and you complain when they are working. Isn't that pathetic? Lastly, am I the only one noticing that northern leaders never have anything good to say about this current administration and her leaders all because they (northerners) are currently not in aso rock? I didn't see northern leaders complaining bitterly over every little thing when Yaradua was president and went missing in action leaving Turai his wife at the helm of Nigeria's affairs. Nigerian leaders and her followers cannot seem to agree on anything nowadays but then wonder why you have sections of the country that are looking to secede from Nigeria. Sigh!

Your anaylsis is seriously flawed, you cannot compare USA with Nigeria because USA is an extremely big country it contains countries within a country.
take UK for instance, there are at least 2 big airports;Heathrow and gatwick in London alone. At the moment the govt is even planning to extend heathrow airports despite several objections, I live in Manchester and I can tell you categorically that except few airlines from Pakistan, India, canada and USA there are no other airlines offering direct INTERCONTINENTAL flights to Manchester (or Birmingham which is another big city). These few airlines operating directly to Manchester must have had a large number of customers from there otherwise it will not be worthwhile.
Nigeria or perharps Stella Oduah cannot force airline to ply Enugu, once there are enough facilities in Enugu and enough airlines passengers the airlines themselves will be more than happy to ply that route.

Stella Oduah's refusal to grant permission to these airlines does not make sense, her reason is not genuine and I cannot but agree that she's is pursuing a sectional agenda and she possibly be a tribalists.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by kmariko: 8:19am On Aug 30, 2012
Australia : Population : 23 million; interantional Airports: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Cairns, Darwin, Gold Coast

Canada : Population; 34 million; international Airports; Vancouver, Calgary, St. Johns, Toronto, Montreal, St. Johns, Winnepeg, Ottawa.

Japan : Population 127 million : Major International Airports : 5

UAE: Population 7 million ; international Airports 6

Texas; 26 million; major International Airports; 5
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by tunnytox(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2012
kmariko: Australia : Population : 23 million; interantional Airports: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Cairns, Darwin, Gold Coast

Canada : Population; 34 million; international Airports; Vancouver, Calgary, St. Johns, Toronto, Montreal, St. Johns, Winnepeg, Ottawa.

Japan : Population 127 million : Major International Airports : 5

UAE: Population 7 million ; international Airports 6

Texas; 26 million; major International Airports; 5

All these 'major' airports you stated here may be international airports but does not have any INTERCONTINENTAL flights but CONTINENTAL flights. Most flights plying these routes are flights within their continents, for instance there are direct flights from most European cities to Manchester or Birmingham but you cannot fly directly to these cities without stopping over at a major European airports.
Enugu airport can start taking flights from Ghana, Ethiopia or even south Africa but a direct flight from Doha or even Istanbul is not feasible except you want the airlines to run at loss.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Princek12(m): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2012
Desola:

which she does but she is able to rebut that claim by saying that Enugu is equally a federal government international airport and in order to boost all aspects of the country's air traffic sector, it is only right to ask these carriers to consider flying to Enugu(although this is a veiled economic duress being exerted by her and geared toward diverting revenue to her side of the country). However, descerning minds can read through this for what it really is.

Jonasatan's government is generally a tribalistic one geared at spiting the Yorubas and Hausas in my candid opinion. The ibos are happy and careless about this because as they see it, the Yorubas and Hausas have been milking the country dry since their failed attempt at secession so they see this as their time to chop and Jonasatan is delivering that.

Economics, not geography, should control the decision of airlines to fly to a particular destination. Here the law of economics has prompted the airlines to apply for a license to fly to Abuja. They were denied just because the minister decided that the airlines have not considered another location in the eastern part of Nigeria. Trust me, if the Enugu route were lucrative, the law of economics would have prompted the airlines to apply to that route, in a bid to cash in. Forcing an airline to travel to the Enugu is tribalistic, at least. That is to say, then, that it is not illogical to call the minister out for what she really is--a tribalist with a sectional agenda.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by agent22: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2012
i Hate nigeria. Every thing is tribalise. All my 5 trips to Dubai almost 80percent of the persengser are 4rm SE.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by nagoma(m): 9:39am On Aug 30, 2012
ekt_bear: I would not be surprised if this Suleiman Kawu is a bought creature of one of the airlines mentioned.

Either that or the Minister is a bought out creature by the Igbo drug courier barons.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by otokx(m): 9:54am On Aug 30, 2012
Being from south east does not mean you reside there, what percentage of local traffic does Enugu Airport carry? If not for the issue of Islamic HAJJ even Kano would be near redundancy. Let us all try to be a bit practical and truthful, the only reason Port Harcourt is making waves is because of the presence of multinational oil companies and the fact that its become a hub of oil and gas activities. Also successive state governors have made the airports to be part of their focal points. What is Enugu state governor doing in all of this? Does the state have a private jet like the rivers counterpart?

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2012
Desola:

which she does but she is able to rebut that claim by saying that Enugu is equally a federal government international airport and in order to boost all aspects of the country's air traffic sector, it is only right to ask these carriers to consider flying to Enugu(although this is a veiled economic duress being exerted by her and geared toward diverting revenue to her side of the country). However, descerning minds can read through this for what it really is.

Jonasatan's government is generally a tribalistic one geared at spiting the Yorubas and Hausas in my candid opinion. The ibos are happy and careless about this because as they see it, the Yorubas and Hausas have been milking the country dry since their failed attempt at secession so they see this as their time to chop and Jonasatan is delivering that.

And Blind OAM4J will turn a blind eye on this Desola for derailing a thread and turn it to a tribal war. He only ban IGBO NLers. even when it is obvious that this site supposed to be neutral site just like every other social network site. angry

2 Likes

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Do you think international airlines will remain in the country if they are making losses? In any case, those airlines will just abandon the quest for licenses if they don't believe that they will make profits from the Enugu airport. It is simple economics.

First, if you think that every Easterner at MMA eventually travels to the East, then you are mistaken
Second, if you think that a majority of those travelling through MMA are from the east, then you are also mistaken

I think that bold part is the key.

The fact that "majority" of International travelers are of Igbo origin does not mean their initial take off point or final destination is Alaigbo.

If you want to argue on the basis of sentimental need for an operational International airport to be situated in Alaigbo is one thing and which you are perfectly entitle to..insisting that they must have it based on traffic demand for it is another thing.

The demand for such can only be justify during xmas period when lot of Igbos are trooping into the country.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by NaijaNaWaa: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2012
The youths on this board should read this trash and see how this country is. An Aboki accusing a southerner of sectionalism, marginalization, tribalism and ethnicism? Make I laff first. Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by ochukoccna: 10:08am On Aug 30, 2012
The Honorable Kawu is a cow and the newspaper report is unbalanced
Why not get the minister's reaction to balance this story embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Below is some thing I wrote on a previous thread

9ja, nation of drama
Den of thieves
Where public policy& national discourse is driven by newspaper headlines
Only to recede out of consciousness
When another 'breaking news' hits
The kawu guy is closer to the corridors of power
Why not take it up with Ebele or hold a public hearing or summon the minister to the house aviation sub committee? undecided undecided undecided
In this days when government is looking for investors, kawu's allegation is serious and a pointer to economic sabotage if proven
But he tainted his case by publishing his 'allegations' in a paper that speaks out for the northern part of the country yet he accuses the minister of tribalism
SMH!

The people speaking out for international flights out of Enugu should provide facts [in form of data] or shut up
Give us incontrovertible facts
Even at that , businessmen do their feasibility studies and if it is quite profitable, they would be the ones lobbying government to give out business licenses not the other way round
Let's not bring this petty 'other regions have so we must too' argument
[size=18pt]What 9ja ,if she must co-exist as 1, needs is true autonomy to the federating units[/size]
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by sheyguy: 10:12am On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

If it is not economically viable for the airlines to fly to Enugu, then it is the Nigerian consumer who suffers.

If the airlines do fly to Enugu, the Nigerian consumer still suffers - 1)additional risk of flying or driving to Enugu 2)Additional expenses such as hotels, transport, etc.

Nothing makes sense in that country; how those who live there manage to survive beats me.
+1000.
Customers should not be made to go through the stress of travelling long distances back from Enugu to their destination.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 10:14am On Aug 30, 2012
OAM4J:

Agreed many Igbos are traders (even though many more people travel for various other reasons apart from trading) but majority of Igbo businesses are not even located in South East. Like you mentioned Alaba, of what use is the need of Enugu Airport to Igbo businessmen operating in Alaba, Kaduna, Kano and Abuja?

If Enugu route is viable, no minister need to direct the airlines before considering it. Am sure the airlines know the traffic volumes better. Besides the airport has just been re-opened, the minister should allow it gather momentum from local flights 1st, if the volume of local flights is high many of the international airlines will naturally give it considerations.
Stop being mischievous, what about Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba and Enugu? And do you know that some businesses had to move to Lagos from the south-east due to international access. Let's put tribalism once in our lives and look at issues objectively.

2 Likes

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:
Stop being mischievous, what about Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba and Enugu? And do you know that some businesses had to move to Lagos from the south-east due to international access. Let's put tribalism once in our lives and look at issues objectively.

Afaaammmmuuuuuuu...!!!! Tell me you are not serious with the part in bold, or I tell the mods to send you to N/L jail for a week for telling such an obvious lie on Nairaland.. grin grin
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
ilugunboy:

Afaaammmmuuuuuuu...!!!! Tell me you are not serious with the part in bold, or I tell the mods to send you to N/L jail for a week.. grin grin
So, this is news to you. many Igbo traders had to abandon Onitsha and Nnewi because some of them had to get to Lagos first before taking another transport to the east. is that fair in your book?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by tunnytox(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:

Dude there is nothing tribalistic there, let the minister and other members if the Nigerian govt work hard to improve the infrastructure and facilities available in this country very soon many of these international flights will even apply to provide local flights services within Nigeria.
I for one will be more than happy to see many if these airlines plying several airports rather than Abuja and Lagos alone but at the moment it is not economically viable.
The ministers action is sending the wrong signals to investors and she need to retrace her steps fast.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2012
afam4eva:
So, this is news to you. many Igbo traders had to abandon Onitsha and Nnewi because some of them had to get to Lagos first before taking another transport to the east. is that fair in your book?

The only thing I can glance or conclude from that then is probably their businesses are no longer viable in Alaigbo and have to relocate to where it is happening economically in Nigeria. grin cool
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Novice1(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2012
It will go the way of OKLNG, forced on Nigerians by Obasanjo
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Mkpotu(m): 10:34am On Aug 30, 2012
When I see the comments of some of us here, I begin to wonder if we are really one Nigeria.

Minister, if they are not ready to take advantage of the opportunity of flying Enugu, let them go, let other airlines come and apply.

QED
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by aryzgreat: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2012
When Nigeria capital was moved to north, it wasn't sectionalism, when northern military head of states were creating more states for the north and less for the south with SE having the least it wasn't sectionalism, when most military institutions were taken to north it wasn't sectionalism, when northerners were taking turn to rule nigeria through coup it wasn't sectionalism, when south easterners fly to Lagos/Abuja every christmas, easter, New yr,August meeting, New yam festival, Business trip to China, Dubai, japan, London etc and take a domestic connecting flight to SE it wasn't sectionalism and now the right thing is about to be done to reduce traffic in the overstretched Lagos/Abuja airports some cows are crying sectionalism! We are NEVER 1. NEVER! the earlier we go back to true federalism or disintegrate the better for us cos TRIBALISM have become our way of life!

2 Likes

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by PointB: 10:41am On Aug 30, 2012
tunnytox:

Dude there is nothing tribalistic there, let the minister and other members if the Nigerian govt work hard to improve the infrastructure and facilities available in this country very soon many of these international flights will even apply to provide local flights services within Nigeria.
I for one will be more than happy to see many if these airlines plying several airports rather than Abuja and Lagos alone but at the moment it is not economically viable.
The ministers action is sending the wrong signals to investors and she need to retrace her steps fast.

How can you simply conclude it's not economically viable? Is there any study done to determine it's not economically viable? Beside, who interest are you protecting? The Nigerian people or the airlines?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by thelastPope(m): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Are you now suggesting that International flights go to Asaba as well as Enugu and Port Harcourt?

The use of an airport matters, that's what determines what kind of logistics to employ. You can't compare International with state/village travellers.

So now PH airport is fully subscribed? I guess the debate determines whether PH airport and seaports are fully utilized.

My guess is that some Igbo folks just want an international airport in Alaigbo regardless of whether the demand can support it.

If you want to upgrade Asaba or Enugu, then you have to downgrade PH but you have to make a compelling viable case for it.

All airlines want to make money and if the demand is there to have 10 airports in Alaigbo, airlines will seize on it.

I don't believe the demand currently exists; if you think otherwise, then present your case.

This is why we have a big problem in Nigeria. How many northerners travel abroad? What is the percentage ott Northerners in the US and UK for example? Not to talk of Dubai, China, Malaysia, etc. For your information, the biggest travellers in Nigeria are south east and south south before even south west. The North doesn't even come close.

The only reason people go to Lagos or Abuja to travel are because

1. Embassies are only in Abuja and Lagos
2. International flights originate from same Abuja and Lagos

The same thing applies to the seaports. Do you know that sometimes goods are cleared from the Lagos port, moved to Onitsha, then people come all the way from Lagos and environs to Onitsha to buy them. A complete round robin trip? Some of you, especially those of you who live in diaspora, have absolutely no clue about Nigeria. That is why you always post nonsense.

Why do you think Benin-Ore road is always going bad? Because that is the highway with the highest traffic in Nigeria. If a vehicle blocks the road for five mins, you will be amazed at the traffic that will ensue.

Anyway, the Akwa ibom port is in progress. I trust Akpabio to make sure good traffic is diverted there. You people keep complaining that Lagos and Abuja are congested, yet you keep fighting policies that will open up other parts of the country. What do you really want. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Congestion or diversification?

2 Likes

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Afam4eva(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2012
aryzgreat: When Nigeria capital was moved to north, it wasn't sectionalism, when northern military head of states were creating more states for the north and less for the south with SE having the least it wasn't sectionalism, when most military institutions were taken to north it wasn't sectionalism, when northerners were taking turn to rule nigeria through coup it wasn't sectionalism, when south easterners fly to Lagos/Abuja every christmas, easter, New yr,August meeting, New yam festival, Business trip to China, Dubai, japan, London etc and take a domestic connecting flight to SE it wasn't sectionalism and now the right thing is about to be done to reduce traffic in the overstretched Lagos/Abuja airports some cows are crying sectionalism! We are NEVER 1. NEVER! the earlier we go back to true federalism or disintegrate the better for us cos TRIBALISM have become our way of life!
Nwanna, you're spot on. It's only sectional if it favours the south-east. We've lost in almost everything in Nigeria.

Capital, we no get

Former capital nko, we no get

President, we never produce

Vice nko, who wan give you

Headquarter of anything, you're asking for too much

We get the smallest allocation

..the list goes on and on
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Onyocha: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2012
the question that must be asked is why didn't stella oduah send british airways,lufthansa,air france,delta,and KLM to Enugu? I sense the point the house of rep. is making is related to the religious identity of the 3 airlines sent to enugu.he may think oduah is making things unnecessarily difficult for them while she exempt other airlines from western nations.etihad,emirates and turkish airlines are from traditional muslim countries.I think if the minister is serious about air traffic in other part of the country,she should send british airways,lufthansa and air france to enugu or have a mix.things are easily (mis)interpreted in a religiously mixed country.so madam minister should have being smarter than this.or is madam minister receiving bribe from other airlines to destroy business for the 3 airlines sent to enugu? Only God knows!
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by PointB: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2012
Mkpotu: When I see the comments of some of us here, I begin to wonder if we are really one Nigeria.

Minister, if they are not ready to take advantage of the opportunity of flying Enugu, let them go, let other airlines come and apply.

QED

It's a simple as that.

Nigeria has to make conscious effort to promote itself. The other day we saw what Arik Air passed through trying to get into the UK Market. The UK authority were not willing to grant them the opportunity to fly directly into Heathrow Airport alluding to paucity of space. Now similar thing is happening here, but bigots are trying to mask their real motive with twisted logic.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by ak47mann(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2012
thelastPope:

This is why we have a big problem in Nigeria. How many northerners travel abroad? What is the percentage ott Northerners in the US and UK for example? Not to talk of Dubai, China, Malaysia, etc. For your information, the biggest travellers in Nigeria are south east and south south before even south west. The North doesn't even come close.

The only reason people go to Lagos or Abuja to travel are because

1. Embassies are only in Abuja and Lagos
2. International flights originate from same Abuja and Lagos

The same thing applies to the seaports. Do you know that sometimes goods are cleared from the Lagos port, moved to Onitsha, then people come all the way from Lagos and environs to Onitsha to buy them. A complete round robin trip? Some of you, especially those of you who live in diaspora, have absolutely no clue about Nigeria. That is why you always post nonsense.

Why do you think Benin-Ore road is always going bad? Because that is the highway with the highest traffic in Nigeria. If a vehicle blocks the road for five mins, you will be amazed at the traffic that will ensue.

Anyway, the Akwa ibom port is in progress. I trust Akpabio to make sure good traffic is diverted there. You people keep complaining that Lagos and Abuja are congested, yet you keep fighting policies that will open up other parts of the country. What do you really want. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Congestion or diversification?
cool cool cool now you can see the kind of people we share the same flag and passport with...unsolved mystery cool
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Mkpotu(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2012
When GLO wanted to rollout in Ghana, their govt insisted that Glo must rollout in other parts of the country & not limit to Accra, if Govt doesn't do it, there is no way meaningful development will set in. Govt has done their bid to wit: upgrading the Airport considering the target/expected passengers, how will u now know the capacity of passengers u will get if Int'l flights do not ply the airport.

Even the sily House of Reps member is accussing the govt of marginalizing a section & which section is that?

Some of us because of the hatred that has beclouded our sense of reasoning/judgement, anything good that pertains to Eastern Nig, they must kick against it so that it will not see the light of the day, if it is negative, they will celebrate.

Anyway u play the much u can, one day this our generation will phase out!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

UAE Extends Ban On Nigerian Flights Till March 10 / Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt / Jamaica, No Problem!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.