Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (15458 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Foreign Airlines Raise Fares By 100% / Anambra Attracts $1.65bn Investments As Oduah Heads Anambra Airport Project / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

That's too cheap for a ''mobile executive''. Ordinary ''non-executive immobile'' Igbo traders from Nnewi travel from Lagos to Dubai and back next day, and then head to China enroute Brazil via the Pacific route, and back to Lagos within 5 days. They still have 2 day left to decide where next to head out to before the week ends.

You are being slimy.

You questioned the itinerary of executives who travel 3-4 times a week but then proceeded to provide an analogy of a trader who goes to Dubai, China through Brazil and Pacific region, back to Lagos. Before deciding on where next to go before the week ends.

Have you traveled by air before? Do you think Lagos to China is the same as Benin to Onitsha?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by rhymz(m): 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2012
Lol. . . This has to be a joke! Did somebody imply that certain kind of execs travel 3-4 times per week?
Hahahahahahah. . That has got to be a joke, right?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2012
rhymz: Lol. . . This has to be a joke! Did somebody imply that certain kind of execs travel 3-4 times per week?
Hahahahahahah. . That has got to be a joke, right?

It doesn't have to be a joke just because you personally don't know any such individuals.

Why do you chaps judge others based on your experiences?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

You are being slimy.

You questioned the itinerary of executives who travel 3-4 times a week but then proceeded to provide an analogy of a trader who goes to Dubai, China through Brazil and Pacific region, back to Lagos. Before deciding on where next to go before the week ends.

Have you traveled by air before? Do you think Lagos to China is the same as Benin to Onitsha?

Don't be ridiculous. I am telling that liar that what he claims is impossible except he is talking about flying to Accra and Cotonou and back and I do not know the sort of ''executive'' business Nigerians do in Accra.

And no, I have not traveled by air, I normally swim to my overseas locations.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

It doesn't have to be a joke just because you personally don't know any such individuals.

You are joining in the cheap lie?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by rhymz(m): 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

You are being slimy.

you should know sarcasm when you see it unlike the illogical claims of Nigerian "mobile execs" travelling abroad 3-4 times weekly all in an effort to win an argument. Na wa for una sef, even the few ones that use to be objective have been infected too with the tribalism disease
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2012
rhymz: you should know sarcasm when you see it unlike the illogical claims of Nigerian "mobile execs" travelling abroad 3-4 times weekly all in an effort to win an argument. Na wa for una sef, even the few ones that use to be objective have been infected too with the tribalism disease

What has tribalism got to do with executives traveling 3-4 times in a week?

Are there no Igbo execs? Or are they excluded from those sort of trips?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Igbo executives[b] swim[/b], they dont fly. Most have not seen the inside of a plane before
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

Don't be ridiculous. I am telling that liar that what he claims is impossible except he is talking about flying to Accra and Cotonou and back.

And no, I have not traveled by air, I normally swim to my overseas locations.

I don't know why you think it is impossible for an exec to travel 3-4 times in a week.

Would you be surprised if GTB officials travel that much within Africa going to Ghana, Gambia, Kenya?

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. Are you thinking it's 3-4 times a week, every single week?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2012
rhymz: you should know sarcasm when you see it unlike the illogical claims of Nigerian "mobile execs" travelling abroad 3-4 times weekly all in an effort to win an argument. Na wa for una sef, even the few ones that use to be objective have been infected too with the tribalism disease

I even missed the koko of the matter. Traveling abroad 3-4 times a week from Nigeria means they make 6-8 flights a week, since they have to return to travel out again. That one na ogbonge executive traveller.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

I don't know why you think it is impossible for an exec to travel 3-4 times in a week.

Would you be surprised if GTB officials travel that much within Africa going to Ghana, Gambia, Kenya?

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. Are you thinking it's 3-4 times a week, every single week?

That can be perfectly said about an importer too, no?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

See, the point I was trying to prove was that dyslexic baboon does not even know what a trip is. He does not know that if I travel from Lagos to London and back, that is 2 trips. It's 1 round trip, but made up of 2 trips. I am sure he thinks 4 trips means 4 ROUND trips. There's no reason arguing with bush people. For confirmation, check the monkey's jabbering right here:

FSU:
I even missed the koko of the matter. Traveling abroad 3-4 times a week from Nigeria means they make 6-8 flights a week, since they have to return to travel out again. That one na ogbonge executive traveller.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by rhymz(m): 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Mr Kats you fast becoming Kobojunkie o. . Lol
Which Nigerian "mobile execs" do you know that travels at the average rate of 3-4 times abroad? How do you reconcile such a claim? Unless they each have their own private jets with a lot of useless time on their hands, why will a chief executive travel abroad at such rate weekly? What kind of Job makes a CEO travel abroad at such rate when he can avail himself with the latest communication technologies around. Are you for real? Do you realy want to argue that as well? I suspect you have been taking some Kobojunkie BS, walahi!
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 9:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Those banks have branches in those countries manned by executie-level people, precluding the need to travel 3-4 times a week to those branches. Find a better analogy.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

That can be perfectly said about an importer too, no?

I don't get your point now.

You refuse to accept that an exec can travel 3-4 times a week but then turn around to accept that an importer can also do it.

Are they not mutually exclusive industries?

Is there some sort of competition between execs and importers?

Are you insinuating that only Igbos are traders? Are you also insinuating that there are no Igbo execs?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by kmariko: 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: I expect that being an autonomous region, there was just as much activity as to other region's capitals. Now get this: even today Ibadan that was the capital of the Western region no longer enjoys that status; so international travelers from Ibadan make their way to Lagos.

Once again, I'm ambivalent towards the move of the minister, but I find the claim that Igbo traders (especially those based in the East) travel more than every other group in this country ridiculous.

Autonomous in what sense?, As a country a region is not in charge of the foreign policy - aka who comes and goes inside the country. So BOAC[b][/b] wouldnt't have been granted the license to fly into Nigeria without the consent of the Foreign Ministry which is not under the perview of the regions
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2012
rhymz: Mr Kats you fast becoming Kobojunkie o. . Lol
Which Nigerian "mobile execs" do you know that travels at the average rate of 3-4 times abroad? How do you reconcile such a claim? Unless they each have their own private jets with a lot of useless time on their hands, why will a chief executive travel abroad at such rate weekly? What kind of Job makes a CEO travel abroad at such rate when he can avail himself with the latest communication technologies around. Are you for real? Do you realy want to argue that as well? I suspect you have been taking some Kobojunkie BS, walahi!

Can you read?

Where did I state weekly? It is possible for an exec to travel 3-4 times in a week; it just doesn't have to be every week of the year but can be for a number of consecutive weeks.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:
I do not know the sort of ''executive'' business Nigerians do in Accra.
'Bushness' with no limit like Master P's label. So it's when he travels to US and Switzerland that be becomes "executive" in your eyes. LMAO. Dude, we are not all in the same social status; na Internet join us. There are execs managing offices in Lagos, Accra, Dakar, etc and they need to visit those offices; and with Lagos usually being the main office.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

I don't get your point now.

You refuse to accept that an exec can travel 3-4 times a week but then turn around to accept that an importer can also do it.

Are they not mutually exclusive industries?

Is there some sort of competition between execs and importers?

Are you insinuating that only Igbos are traders? Are you also insinuating that there are no Igbo execs?
I don't agree any Nigerian (executive/business man/trader) travels 3-4 times a week overseas. If you insist so for your ''mobile executive'', you have to convince me why an Nnewi trader/business man, some of whom are 100x richer than a bank executive (except he is stealing bank money like Akigbola and Cecilia) cannot travel at same frequency.

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: 'Bushness' with no limit like Master P's label. So it's when he travels to US and Switzerland that be becomes "executive" in your eyes. LMAO. Dude, we are not all in the same social status; na Internet join us. There are execs managing offices in Lagos, Accra, Dakar, etc and they need to visit those offices; and with Lagos usually being the main office.

Just like an Igbo trader who owns a shop in Ghana and Cameroon but domiciled in Nnewi would do, traveling round those places to see his containers (investments). Hhahahah!

1 Like

Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by Katsumoto: 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:
I don't agree any Nigerian (executive/business man/trader) travels 3-4 times a week overseas. If you insist so for your ''mobile executive'', you have to convince me why an Nnewi trader/business man, some of whom are 100x richer than a bank executive (except he is stealing bank money like Akigbola and Cecilia) cannot travel at same frequency.

Here in lies the problem.

So bank executives pay for their own trips and not the corporation?

Maybe you should tell us the Nnewi traders that are 100x richer than GTB and Zenith.

I am sorry to say but you are a dullard.

I blame myself for engaging you.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
kmariko:

Autonomous in what sense?, As a country a region is not in charge of the foreign policy - aka who comes and goes inside the country. So BOAC[b][/b] wouldnt't have been granted the license to fly into Nigeria without the consent of the Foreign Ministry which is not under the perview of the regions
Whether or not it is granted by the Federal government is beside the point; I suppose you missed where I stated there must have definitely been more activity given the status of the regional capital; and given this status the Federal government would have no choice than to grant the license. Did you also miss where I compared Enugu to Ibadan, which also has lost it's status requiring residents travel by road to Lagos to fly internationally?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by rhymz(m): 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica:
See, the point I was trying to prove was that dyslexic baboon does not even know what a trip is. He does not know that if I travel from Lagos to London and back, that is 2 trips. It's 1 round trip, but made up of 2 trips. I am sure he thinks 4 trips means 4 ROUND trips. There's no reason arguing with bush people. For confirmation, check the monkey's jabbering right here:

what is your point? Round trip, one trip, two trips all na travel. . Muhehehe. . You are just splitting hair. I don't know about the place you are O but here in Naija, no top level exec travels abroad that muh weekly.
And to put things in perspective, you resorted to making such an exaggerated claim just to counter Afams argument there far more Igbo bizness men that travel abroad on daily basis than from any other tribe. As much as you need to win the argument, making ridiculous claims like that is nothing short of desperation, attempting to defend it is folly my friend.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 9:11pm On Aug 30, 2012
Can anyone help compile a list of Nigerian blue chip companies operating abroad but headquartered in Nigeria, so we can count them? How many, other than a few banks which I know have their own resident managers, many of whom are not Nigerians? I remember the countries forced the Nigerian banks to employ their citizens at the top level.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU: You have to convince me why an Nnewi trader/business man, some of whom are 100x richer than a bank executive (except he is stealing bank money like Akigbola and Cecilia) cannot travel at same frequency.
Again boundless "bushness". You think the execs pay for their trips out of their pockets? LMAO
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by kmariko: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
tunnytox:

Bro please try to compare likes with likes, Tokyo and Perth are not within the same continents agreed but they are more within the same flying routes. Moreso south east asia and Australia have numerous trade and tourism links. same goes for your flights from Hawaii to Melbourne. These flights are more like flying from Talinn (Estonia) to Manchester or rather Istanbul to Manchester. Also don't forget that I stated that some Intercontinental flights also fly directly to routes within UK just because the demand is there.

Also you have to realise that both USA and Australia are very bid countries with regions who are autonomous, thriving and economically viable, the cities you mentioned such as dallas and houston are attractive tourist destination and even from the UK here you can fly directly there and many USA cities because of the availability of many package holidays. The same cannot be said of Enugu, Ibadan, Ilorin, Jos or even Sokoto.

If Nigeria develops her country and become an attractive tourist and business hub there will be lots of airlines queing to fly to Enugu either to link Obudu ranch,Oguta lake and many other attractive tourist destination in the east. It is not right put a cart before a horse, lets get things right and allow things to take shape as it should be.

Tokyo to Melbourne is close to 12 hours flight time, no sir it is not like flying from Estonia to Manchester. With your point one would then argue that since London or Frankfurt is about 6-7 hours fron Nigeria then we should have booming flights occasioned by a lot of international airports. Afterall we have a lot of trade with them. The trade and tourism link with Asia is a recent phenom, not like it existed before the middle of the 20th century, afterall at a point non-whites were not allowed into Australia as late as the 70s.
Brisbane international airport or El-paso international were not developed because there were tremendous tourism and other resources. In these 2 examples they are a result of local politics. Developed then hyped as a destination. It all boils down to marketing
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2012
rhymz: I don't know about the place you are O but here in Naija, no top level exec travels abroad that muh weekly.
I don't know your status in life, but I know enough execs that travel that much; and they are NOT even top execs. cheesy And Airtel recently had a position open for a Solutions Architect domiciled in Lagos to oversee Senegal, Rwanda, Ghana and Equitorial Guinea amongst others. Now don't ask me how come I know so much about the position. smiley
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by FSU: 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: I don't know your status in life, but I know enough execs that travel that much; and they are NOT even top execs. cheesy And Airtel recently had a position open for a Solutions Architect domiciled in Lagos to oversee Senegal, Rwanda, Ghana and Equitorial Guinea amongst others. Now don't ask me how come I know so much about the position. smiley

That fellow will not travel to those places 3-4 times a week. He will most certainly do so periodicaly and resolve issues on phone with teh resient administrators. And that is even one person. How many others are out there compared to the volume of traders who travel in and out of Nigeria every other hour?

And hey dude stopping felling big on cyberspace, some of us can pay your bills, okay?
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by kmariko: 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: Whether or not it is granted by the Federal government is beside the point; I suppose you missed where I stated there must have definitely been more activity given the status of the regional capital; and given this status the Federal government would have no choice than to grant the license. Did you also miss where I compared Enugu to Ibadan, which also has lost it's status requiring residents travel by road to Lagos to fly internationally?

It is the point, you cannot fly or establish stuff without the consent of the government. Who made them lose their status, isn't the governement withdrawing their license and forbid international travels from there. That Ibadan lost there Status not necessitate that others must follow the same part. Most International Airports all over the world have government control and oversite. You cannot operate one without their consent period.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by rhymz(m): 9:25pm On Aug 30, 2012
Katsumoto:

Can you read?

Where did I state weekly? It is possible for an exec to travel 3-4 times in a week; it just doesn't have to be every week of the year but can be for a number of consecutive weeks.
Before you post in defence of another poster all because they support your stance, you should first understand the angle of their own arguments. Here was Mr logica's claim:
logica:
We are talking executives who travel 3/4 times in a week, you are talking about people who travel numerous times in a year.
unless of course you want to be dishonest, the implication of logica's statement above is not far-fetched. It is safe that you take your own advice to read and understand before jumping to argue like KoboJUNKIE.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by logica(m): 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2012
FSU:

That fellow will not travel to those places 3-4 times a week. He will most certainly do so periodicaly and resolve issues on phone with teh resient administrators. And that is even one person. How many others are out there compared to the volume of traders who travel in and out of Nigeria every other hour?

And hey dude stopping felling big on cyberspace, some of us can pay your bills, okay?
You see what I am saying once again. Does 4 trips imply traveling to those places 4 times? Which resident administrators. Do you know what a Solutions Architect even is? Dude, I feel so big because I know I am miles ahead of you intellectually. Indeed if you want to pay my bills (you being a mugu), I won't mind one bit.
Re: Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep by rhymz(m): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2012
logica: I don't know your status in life, but I know enough execs that travel that much; and they are NOT even top execs. cheesy And Airtel recently had a position open for a Solutions Architect domiciled in Lagos to oversee Senegal, Rwanda, Ghana and Equitorial Guinea amongst others. Now don't ask me how come I know so much about the position. smiley
you know such execs of Nigerian origin or the ones in the US?
The airtel job you are talking about, does it require that the employee travels at such rate per week? Come on be realistic. By the way, how many of such blue chips are available in Nigeria anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt / Tanker Crushes Woman, Two Children, Others To Death In Delta / Jamaica, No Problem!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.